[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok/co/ tell me everything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: logo.png (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
55KB, 512x512px
Ok/co/ tell me everything about
>>
It's a good school with a low acceptance rate, highly competitive, talented teachers who used to (or still sometimes do) work in the industry with amazing connections that can often land you a job after graduation, and produces some of the best student animated shorts being beaten only by Gobelins.

Unfortunately, due to its close location to studios, CalArts students have the advantage of being able to do internships during their semesters at big studios and will often times bring their friends along if one person in a group gets hired or lands a job. And these friends are usually like-minded and even influenced by each others art and will sometimes draw the same because you tend to gravitate towards people who like the same things you do when you make a friend.

So it's stagnated the industry and stagnated it hard because the majority of people who are getting show deals or show pitches are young graduates who are mostly from the same background, are the same age, have the same interests, like the same art, and even have the same humor.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about this because CalArts can only attract a certain group of people (Those financially well off and often who were born in America) which limits what kind of artists you get from the get-go which means you won't that much variety in style from their graduates list, or at least the 10% of graduates who do actually make it.
>>
Generic cartoon mill
>>
File: 1495898211594.png (143KB, 448x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495898211594.png
143KB, 448x421px
>>93206358
>>
File: 1495339262195.jpg (56KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
1495339262195.jpg
56KB, 500x472px
No matter how hard I try, I'll never get into it.
>>
File: Aliens — extraterrestrials.jpg (250KB, 1600x1289px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens — extraterrestrials.jpg
250KB, 1600x1289px
>>93206358

It is run by extraterrestrials O_O
>>
>>93207005
Don't do this to me, anon.
>>
>>93207523
this
Why do i have to suck at learning how to draw
>>
>>93207582
>O_O

kys
>>
>>93206608
>>93206562
Ah yes. The two ends of /co/ posting. Actually insightful and 4chan.
>>
>>93208741
That's what you get with the board formerly known as /cock/.
>>
>>93208707
>kys
Kill Yourself
>>
>>93208741
>Ah yes. The two ends of 4 chan posting. Actually insightful and /b/-tier
FTFY.
>>
>>93208804
>Kill Yourself

Kill YOURself
>>
>>93206562
>born in America
When I see the collections of west coast animations students, half of them have names like Dong Sun Ching Zhou or something like that.
>>
>>93206562
Executive meddling has stagnated the industry more than having a bunch of alumni from a single school. All those students want are jobs at the end of the day.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.