[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Days: The Forge #1 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 461
Thread images: 57

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
WHAT DID THE ENDING MEAN
>>
>>
>>
>>93198994
>>93198952
>METAL

Isn't that just cribbed from the last few issues of JUSTICE?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Duke
>>
>>
>>
>>93199134
Does that hack Snyder not know that GLs aren't vulnerable to yellow?
>>
>>93199180
That's literally referenced on the next page
>>
>>
>>
You faggots are gonna shit yourselves when you see page 32.
>>
>>
>>
>>93198952
OOOOH SHIT FINALLY
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93199283
Who?
>>
>>
>>93199340
REX
>>
>>93199113
>Ganthet

Didn't he go into hiding after Johns' run or something?

I never read Venshitti's run after Lights Out what did I miss?
>>
>>
>>93199283
this was already spoiled.

>>93199321
Okay I get Aquaman's trident, but the others are ridiculous. The helmet of fate is powerful because of who inhabits it not because it's made out of special metal. And WW's gauntlets were made by her Gods.
>>
>>93199225
The page with the Joker? That was in tons of the previews.
>>
>>93199354
Ganthet and Sayd are back.
>>
>>
>>93199367
Nope. Not that one.
INFINITE CRISIS FAGGOTS
>>
>>
>>93199368
How though?
>>
>>93199283
Plas?
>>
>>93199381
>bat tribe

Fuck Snyder.
>>
>>
>>93199414
>Fuck Snyder.
Bat-tribe was Morrison though.
>>
>>93199414
Bat tribe dates back to before Snyder.
>>
>>
>>
>>93199414
People like you are rotting this place
>>
>>
>>93199421
>>93199426
>implying Snyder actually read Return of Bruce Wayne

I definitely don't think so.
>>
>>93199283
Base Plasticman alright!!!!!!!
>>
>>
>>93199479
Here it comes.
>>
>>93199466
So you knew it was a thing before, and your reaction to seeing Snyder use it was that he coincidentally used the same idea without knowing about it and got mad that he used the idea of a bat tribe even though others have done it.
Your miserable life is entirely your own doing.
>>
>>
>>93199465
im actually enjoying this. thanks OP.
>>
>>93199499
OOOH this issue is pretty solid so far
>>
>>93199499
I never read infinite crisis, can someone explain this?
>>
>>93199154
So... You know that he is a Green Lantern.. You understand that and you attack him? you are crazy?
>>
>>
>>93199517
It's actually from Crisis on Infinite Earths.
>>
Next in Dark Days: The Casting:
>The Joker's surprise attack threatens to lay waste to all of Batman's carefully laid plans. Will the Dark Knight be able to regain the trust of his closest allies, Green Lantern and Duke, and prevent the forces of darkness from consuming the DC Universe?! Will Hawkman's warning stop our heroes from peering into the abyss?
>>
>>93199517
It's a tower used by the Anti-Monitor to destroy universes in Crisis on Infintie Earths.
>>
>>93199521
not again
>>
>>
Most boring event comic first issue ever?
>>
That's all.
>>
>>93199521
>>93199537
Couldn't be a Snyder story without Joker
>>
>>93199537
I went and added up all the numbers. And then added the digits of that number and again a few times and it actually does add up to 52.
>>
so this is one of the 3 jokers? or the one brainashed the jl in endgame who was supposilly dejokerized?
>>
>>93199466
His entire run wouldn't exist if he didn't rip off Morrison's at nearly every turn.
>>
>>93199574
{Source: My ass]
>>
>>93199537
>closest allies
>green lantern and duke
>duke
how mad will Snyder be when some other writer kills him off in a crisis event
>>
>>93199499
What I'm looking at?
>>
>>93199596
I know /co/ doesn't read comics but you could at least read the thread
>>
>>93199499

>Batman does something dumb again because he's Batman.

I almost did remember what this was, then I was like oh shit and my state above range true.
>>
>>93199499
fugg dimensional tuning fork
shit its going down
>>
>>93199615
It doesn't help that some guy was hyping it up before the reveal saying it was from the wrong comic.
>>
>>93199588
The source was a calculator.... What are you talking about? A source for addition?
>>
>>93199589
that's been the solicit since like March, why are you still triggered by it
>>
>>93199537
>the joker or batman can disrupt green lantern rings

this is dumber than Duke and Harper Row combined.
>>
>>93199283
FINALLY
>>
>>93199154
>>Thought I read that little ring of yours didn't work on yellow.

Because you read Miller, friend.
>>
>>93199499
How big is supermans fortress that this thing is sitting in it and he doesn't know
>>
>>93199521
What? Why is Joker the Joker again? Wasn't he turned back to normal?
>>
>>93199575
he was rejokerized as soon as bruce remembered he was batman.
>>
>>93199735

I think they just made him default Joker instead of waiting for Snyder to come back and do another reinvention. They dropped all of Endgame's plot points pretty fast with Rebirth, thank god.
>>
So wait is this book canon/set on main Earth? Or is this another Earth?
Because why is Hal back in the League and why was Hawkman in the league at the end of the Captain Atom mini?
>>
>>93199844
>So wait is this book canon/set on main Earth? Or is this another Earth?
Canon.
>>
>>93199819
They didn't drop any plotpoints from endgame, tf? You literally see several things from that story mentioned here.
>>
>>93199705
Its a bit of TARDIS deal, bigger on the inside.
>>
>>93199844
Are you even reading it? Literally the first page we see Hal, he is ordered to take a break from space adventures and see what's going on in the batcave.
>>
>>93199559
It's a prelude you retarded shitposter and it's more meaty than all the recent Marlel 0s combined.
>>
>>93199571
>I hinted it over the years

Sure you did Snyder. Sure it wasn't just pretentious edgy writing.
>>
>>93199134
The moment you realized that a batbook sucks. -
>>
>>93199912
I know it's hard to believe he could have actually be planning this for years, but it's evident, that he at least ideas for it throughout his run with all the reviving factors in his run + Batman 51 literally mentions the owls talking about this stuff.
>>
Fucking Christ another Snyder Joker "This time the stakes are higher than they've ever been before!" story
>>
>>93199134
Jesus duke, you could have just told him. I think he'd understand.
>>
>>93199977
NO HE IS HACK STOP SAYING THINGS THAT DON'T FIT MY AGENDA RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
That's such a great first issue, as expected of Snyder, just hoping he's not the one who writes the ending

>>93199077
ok so Arthur is outside Atlantis now

>>93199134
Jim Lee's Hal visits Batman, I have flashbacks

>>93199283
hellyeahmotherfucker.jpg

>>93199340
OH SHIT
lol Katana

>>93199445
hello there

>>93199499
why the fuck is this here

>>93199537
a good writer would make Joker be the one who's in the right here
>>
>>93199578
Cute.
Wrong, but cute.
Why do so many comic hipster's think Morrison was the greatest thing to ever happen to Batman. He was shit. Just like his X-Men run. His pretentious jumbled story telling is Dixon levels of bad. Wait, I forgot, Snyder is popular and his books sell a lot, are not pretentious and occasionally pander to the fans; so people are supposed to dislike him because it is the trendy thing to do.
>>
>>93200006
Synder pls . you sucks.
>>
>>93199578
Yes, Morrison is the bastion of originality. Morrisonfags always deliver.
>>
>>93200006
Scott Snyder is like the Synder of comic books.
Yeah, i get kind of sick of Snyder's big stakes stories (Swamp thing, and B&R for other examples).
>>
>>93200006
>>93200006
You are the hipster. Chuck Dixon rarely rises above average, but he is never bad. Morrison's run is the definitive Batman run, and your precious Scott Snyder obviously thought so because literally every arc save zero year was a pastiche on the run that came directly before him.
>>
>>93198994
He's literally still got the outline of the trunks. Just fucking color it in jesus
>>
>its not just another batman is investigating a super duper deep mystery
>HE IS THE MYSTERY!!!
dum dum dumbbbbbb

Okay fine maybe batman can be a bigger deal that just a billionaire who dresses up in a weird costume
>lets add joker in too
really nigga?
>>
I'd give the entire Synder run overall a solid 3 out of 10. The writing was mediocre throughout with some "big ideas," but consistently poor execution. Stilted dialogue, rushed third acts, and a truck load of cliches.
>>
>>93199340
This is Katana
she's got my bat back
>>
>>93200045
He revitalized the entire Batman line single handedly and left the door open for a decade's worth of fresh stories.
>>
>>93200045
Synder pls.Batman kind of sucks at his job these days, huh?
>>
>>93199401
They sought out Kyle after Hal went pure willpower. They are back with the Corps again.
>>
>>93200063
>Morrison's run is the definitive Batman run
That is not O'Neal,Miller or Alan Grant.Morrison is shit.
>>
>>93200104
He's doing good enough to retire soon
>>
>>93200125
This.
>>
>>93200125
"Scott Snyder sucks"!
>>
ok I'll admit, I enjoyed this. You can do something right every once and a while Snyder.
>>
>>93200132
>>93200125
Synder is on 4 chan
https://twitter.com/ssnyder1835?lang=de
>>
>>93200160
oh Synder ...HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>93200125
>>93200125
Alan Grant is average, Denny O'Neil (not O'Neal) is one of the all time greats, but his run is still a product of its time, and Frank Miller never wrote an ongoing. Morrison's run respects all of these authors while elevating the character from a modern perspective.
>>
Snyder's changes to the Batman mythos during the New 52 are just awful. They really, really are. I don't blame him entirely, but it really seems that now he's more interested in cementing his mark on Batman than he is in making Batman actually feel like Batman. Nowadays, Batman hardly feels like a street-level hero.
>>
>>93200084
>it's a Morrisonfag pretends Morrison is the modern O'Neil and Miller episode
Also quality and impact of his work doesn't really say anything about him being original. The thematic and conceptual ideas of his Batman can be traced back.
>>
>>93199154
>holding him by the black of his costume
That's nice to see.
>>
>>93200189
>Alan Grant is average
Nigger, you're not going to make a case for Morrison by shitting on one of the greats.
>>
IT still has Snyder's Duke stink all over it .
>>
>>93200212
Please tell me where the conceptual idea that Batman is a product of every era and interpretation of his character throughout his seventy year history occurred before. I'll wait.
>>
>>93200232
>Nigger, you're not going to make a case for Morrison by shitting on one of the greats.
Snyder and Tynion by themselves cant replicate the work of dozens of writers by themselves. Its not happening and Tynions revisions in particular are awful.
>>
>>93200232
You know what sucks? Synders Batman now.

Sorry, couldn't resist but when you see this kind of threads popping up basically every week then you realize there's something really wrong with DC's flagship title.
>>
>>93200232
I should have said his Batman is average. What would you say his best story is, and why is that story never brought up when talking about classic Batman stories?
>>
File: huh.jpg (8KB, 315x160px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
8KB, 315x160px
>>93199058
>the only way out is through the volcano
>>
>>93200189
RESPECTS? All he did was rehash old ideas until he killed Batman. His run was just stroking his own ego so he could pander about his 'Batman' knowledge. He most likely sat back, read some old comics and then threw some darts at the to decide what to add or not.

His crowning achievement from his entire run was an edge lord Robin, cause, reasons (royalties). The only hero book Morrison ever did that was good was All Star Superman.
>>
Yeah, I think Batman is starting to inherit the Titans curse that plagued that franchise for over a decade. All Star Batman is more of Snyder trying his hardest to make his mark on Batman's mythos, as opposed to telling the best possible story. It's not all bad, but Snyder's urge to be edgy and surprise the reader (and screw up the Bat-Family) really gets in the way of the book's quality.
>>
>>93200290
>is crowning achievement from his entire run was an edge lord Robin, cause, reasons (royalties). The only hero book Morrison ever did that was good was All Star Superman.
Timfag you are back !!!!!!!!
>>
>>93199134
>knows who Hal is
>still greets him with a kick in the face instead of talking to him
Fuck off Duke and fuck off Snyder
>>
>>93200300
Tynion's Tec is terrible. I liked All-Star at first but then lost interest.

As a lifelong Bat fan, I'm surprised to find myself way, way more interested in the Super books.
>>
>>93200300
>All Star Batman is more of Snyder trying his hardest to make his mark on Batman's mythos

You can say that about any writer taking on a big name character. The stories can still be good. This isn't a valid complaint. The ends of earth storyline is one of the best Batman stories in a while.
>>
>>93200290
I could sit here and count the ways that this is wrong, like him wanting to kill of Damian immediately and finally doing so at the end of his run, or Batman and Robin being the best Batman related title in 15 years, but it just doesn't seem worthwhile.
>>
>>93200242
The child of Bruce and Talia, The league of Batmen, also a lot of his themes during first and third half of his run. They are concepts that Morrison dug up and ran with. Not that there's anything wrong with it, this kind of plagiarization is the core essence of capeshit industry, but it's funny everytime a Morrisonfag pretends Morrison is the most original writer to touch the capeshit genre.
>>
I have just about every issue from Batman #300 on. #7O3 was my last issue. Zero interest in New 52. I have a few issues of Rebirth, not sure yet if I'm going to continue to pick it up. Synder has all but ruined DC for me.
>>
>>93199364
It's Psycho-Pirate's mask, no?
>>
>>93200371
It figures you'd lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>93200290
>The only hero book Morrison ever did that was good was All Star Superman.
And even that's ripping Moore's Supreme off. Moore decided to write a love letter to his Superman by revisiting old concepts and writing them with modern sensibilities, a decade later Morrison is doing just that.
>>
Batman comics just aren't for me anymore.Seems old Snydes has a habit of crappy endings...
>>
>>93199537
So The Joker lives inside Batmans cave now?
>>
stupid question time

Is this related to that joker war crap with the 3 jokers and proposing to catwoman?

Is >>93199381 related to that time batman went back in time after getting hit by the omegabeams? Also, how did that story end? I think I remember something about a waifu and being in the future where if batman and his waifu and reunited, they explode everything?
>>
Dickbat and Damian are the true Dynamic duo for me. That was the best time and though I like king not comes close to Morrison's Batman.

Those were good times.
>>
>>93200398
No retort because you're not willing to face the reality about your favorite author? And it's not like Morrison is busy "revisiting" others concept, he's also made a name for himself by revisiting his own concepts over and over again.
>>
>>93199788
no, he wasn't
>>
>>93200430
I asked for you to show me where the concept that Batman was an amalgamation of every period of his history had occurred, and you came back with me with examples from a specific era. Dummy.
>>
>>93199977
I can believe he hinted it in the stuff about the Lazaraus Pit and Vandal Savage's meteor in Endgame. But it's total BS that he hinted at anything like this in Court of Owls. We were given the explanation of how the Talons regenerated and supposed to accept it at face value. This is just a blatant retcon.
>>
>>93200418
It's in the same continuity as those stories if that's what you are asking.
>>
>>93200459
And I showed you where concepts in Morrison's Batman came from, but you go ahead and ignore that because it might compel you to take a closer look at Morrison and his originality.
>>
File: Image-25-600x257.jpg (36KB, 600x257px) Image search: [Google]
Image-25-600x257.jpg
36KB, 600x257px
a new history of the Batpeople on Earth.
>>
>>93200505
I read those stories long before I read Morrison's run. You still have yet to prove to me how making Batman's entire history canon is not an original concept.
>>
>>93200485
It's DC. That is their bread and butter. Retcon, retcon, retcon. If there's a huge event or infinity in the title, or Hawkman involved, expect retcon out the ass.
>>
>>93199134
What are Auto Shields.
>>
>>93200300
I'm a batfag so you'd think I'd be thrilled about the multitude of batbooks, but I definitely am not. If DC's going to push a character so hard, why wouldn't they actually produce some quality?
>Tec is awful
>All-Star is the Snyder Special
>JLA is abysmal
King's Batman is one of my favourite current ongoings but that's only because it's competent and inoffensive.
>>
>>93199430
holy shit that Superman face is horrible
>>
>>93200418
Yes, he was the inspiration for the bat tribe at the dawn of time when Darkseid sent him back. It ended pretty much how you'd expect, considering he's still alive and in the present.
>>
>>93200524
>Batman's entire history canon is not an original concept.
It isn't because that's what the writers assumed when writing Batman. Batman's continuity was never thought to be a fractured. It's not a Superman like deal where it's been divided into so many portions, writers were allowed to refer to any stories they wanted and readers were aware of it too. Moore literally acknowledges it in a single panel and that's enough and he's not pretending that this is the most original thing that's going to be in a Batman comic.
>>
>>93200566
>>Tec is awful

Besides Stephanie, not really

>>All-Star is the Snyder Special

Nothing wrong with that, Snyder is a great writer when he's not doing big THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING stories.

>JLA is abysmal

True, you'd think Orlando would be great with how much loves DC history
>>
>>93200566
How is suicidal Batman palling around with the worst original sidekicks he's ever had while repeating himself ad nauseum and asking Catwoman to marry him like a bitch out of nowhere inoffensive?
>>
>>93200601
>Besides Stephanie, not really
Kate .
>>
>>93200588
Yes you can draw a direct line from Batman Dies at Dawn to No Man's Land. It's basically all the same story with a direct throughline of static characters developing over time.
>>
>>93199357
Who's that knocking at the door?
>>
>>93200601
Tec is awful and Tynion should be fired. It reads just like Batman and Robin Eternal. If you like it, well that's just your opinion.
All of All Star has been BIG stories and it's never been good. It's all wordy inner-monologuing and exposition.

>>93200602
He's not suicidal, you dumb nigger
Duke a shit but he's barely featured
The repetition was offensive in that one issue, besides that it's not so bad
Proposing to Catwoman was a natural progression after what Thomas said to him and a good compromise between giving up the mantle and living a normal life
>>
>>93199537
>the joker is aware of everything
I was seriously expecting some new villain who's been watching everything from behind the scenes.

This reveal is retarded.
>joker knows GL got sent there by his superiors
>joker knows everything batman is doing
>inb4 joker is aware of the multiverse and the constant reboots
>>
>>93200704
People would have been even more mad if it was some new villain.
>>
>>93200637
I don't understand, are you agreeing with me or being ironic? It is a same story as long as you are pretending it is, Morrison pretends so it is, other writers that don't want to aren't obliged to. But don't tell me that intertextuality for the sake of it with some psuedo metatexual lense is somehow original.
I'll say that revisiting old concepts and presenting them in new light might look original in a industry so stagnant and there might also be some original ideas there, but to pretend that Morrison is so original and so creative, the likes of him have never touched a big ip book or never will is ignorant while being pretentious at best and being so ignorant you come off pants on heads retarded at worst.
>>
>>93199537
Is this the Joker who cut off his face, our Joker? Or the second or third Joker?
>>
Goddamn this was bad.
>>
>>93200588
>>93200637
They assumed they were writing one long story encompassing every iteration of Batman instead of picking and choosing what parts of his history they wanted to use? News to me.
>>
>>93199537
this was good. like really, really fucking good.
I do realise that mostly it's just fan service (Mister Miracle, Multiversal Fork, Mr Terrific, Plas, Outsiders, Blackhawks etc.) and teases, but you can tell that they are actually building towards something and that it's well planned.
the comic has a kinda dread atmosphere (Snyder was always good at horror), you can feel that something terrible is coming.
like always the big question is how is Snyder going to tie everything together? six issues (and they're 20 pages per issue IIRC) seem short for a story of this magnitude.
oh, and what's really curious is that we know nothing about what adversaries the heroes are going to face.
also, the dialogues were much better than Snyder's usual fare, I guess it's because of Tynion.
some criticism:
-it's weird that Snyder is tying Duke's mother to the Immortal Men. not everyone needs to be a member of a secret society FFS!
-while the artists are fine enough individually, they don't really gel together
>>
>>93200374
No it's clearly the helmet of fate
>>
>>93200738
Name one author that tried to tell a story that tried to include all eras of Batman's wildly varied 70 year history as his canonical backstory. I'll wait.
>>
>>93200747
It's Snyder's Joker, he has the douchebag haircut.
>>
>>93200684

The whole thing with Catwoman was forced and contrived. The whole run have been that way, actually. His characterization for Batman is also horrible.
>>
>>93200807

Morrison made as many continuity mistakes during his run as he did remembered old stuff from the 50s.
>>
File: flashwriter.jpg (48KB, 776x398px) Image search: [Google]
flashwriter.jpg
48KB, 776x398px
What is he talking about? New Plastic Man book? Hawkman? Outsiders? So many possibilities.
>>
>>93199174
>the new Duke push
>>
>>93200876
Dark Matter at the very least.
>>
>>93200830
Forced and contrived would using Batmite for no reason other than to say, 'See I remember this from when I was a kid' or, making a huge network of Batman related characters, because that makes sense.

Catwoman and Batman are a natural progression that relates to Batman constantly debating if he wishes to continue being a super hero or settle down and change. It is a constant inner dialogue that he has been having with himself, as well with others always telling him to stop, far longer than many people on this board have been alive.
>>
>>93200876
>implying it wont be a joker solo, detailing how joker becomes the god of chaos of gotham
>>
>>93199354
>modern cape comics
>continuity

hahaha, seriously?
>>
>>93200867
Not an answer.
>>
>>93200876
Duke solo.
>>
>>93200770
>>93200684
>>93200566
>>93200409
>>93200372
>>93200344
>>93200300
>>93200239
>>93200210
>>93200070
>>93200073
>>93199986
be honest, how many of you are the same guy?
you've been bitching and complaining about Snyder for six years
WE GET IT, YOU HATE HIM!
but please, fuck off already, and don't shit up every thread, so people who actually want to discuss the issue and its clues and teases don't have to scroll through the same fucking replies every time
there are literally HUNDREDS of comics coming out every month you can discuss instead of this one
thanks
>>
>>93200899
Yes and they have always called themselves Bat and Cat and felt like they were using their costumes as a way to commit suicide. It is truly the culmination of their relationship that started in 1940.
>>
>>93200958
fuck off, faggot

I didnt even say snyder in my post. Holy shit just fuck off
>>
>>93200958
Oh Synder....
>>
>>93200807
So intertextuality and paying homages is original now? Come on man.
>>93200867
He couldn't even be bothered to check if the sex between Bruce and Talia in older story was consensual or what the child's name was. Then he went, "whoops, sorry I had Batman raped and if I could retcon it out, I wouldn't because I like it as it is. Also I hate how Moore's stories revolve around rape so much."
>>
>>93200958
Wow, the butthurt is strong in this one.
Comics are about debating the fans with one another about what is good and what is not. The old idiots who fear change debating with the new idiots who want more of it and do not care. Chill the fuck out faggot and get over it.

Also, I was talking shit about Morrison not Synder. So you either have no idea how to 4Chan or know shit about Batman.
>>
>>93200876
Hope he isn't writing anything, he's a terrible writer.
>>
>>93201007
Not an answer.
>>
>>93200958
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA

Go Back To The Twitter Scott.
>>
>>93200958
But we have been discussing the issue. It's not out fault it's shit.
>>
>>93199499
WHAT
>>
>>93198977
Good cover.
>>
>>93199096
How hard it is to call him "Batman" instead of "Bruce" when some random guy is just laying around? This is Marvel level editing.
>>
>>93201025
That as a concept has far preceded Morrison's run, you'd know but you only read mainstream capeshit. Ellis homages era's and tones from late 30s to 90s in his Stormwatch and Planetary and neither him, nor his fans are pretending he's the most original author that's existed since the dawn of comics industry.
>>
>>93201021
>Comics are about debating the fans with one another about what is good and what is not.

No wonder you don't like Morrison. Tell us more about how everyone is an idiot except for you.
>>
>>93201088
Still not an answer to my question. Go back and read it slowly.
>>
>>93201093
Not everyone, just you little hipster faggot.
>>
Is Snyder some bizarre version of the Riddler where instead of leaving Riddles he needs to rip off Morrison or he's psychological incapable of writing a story?
>>
>>93198952
ok cover
>>
>>93198977
best cover
>>
Snyder's run was saved by Capullo's art. Otherwise I doubt normies would praise it as much.
>>
>>93198994
not bad cover
>>
>>93201071

How hard is to not be a fucking retard and realize unconscious people don't hear shit?
>>
>>93201116
Aren't hipsters the ones who pretend to get enjoyment out of something but are really just posturing in order to put down other people to feed/mask their own inferiority complexes?
>>
>>93198994
>Romita Jr. drew the trunks, but the colorist just colored them blue
>>
>>93199058
ok this is actually cool
>>
>>93201210
Hipsters dislike popular things and constantly lament about older and less well known things being better with hyperbolic statements. Alex Ross, diehard Morrison, those who like pretentious things and try to say others just 'Don't understand them'... So yea, you are half right. The enjoyment usually pertains to older things though.
Hence anons rude comment.
>>
>>93201223
Maybe the Rebirth event will end with the heroes getting their trunks back from Doc Manhattan.
>>
>>93201207
>he can't hear us now, i'll bet your secret identity on it
>>
i think Snyder cancer is trying to hype this as the big one that Bruce has been pursuing almost his whole (crimefighting) life. Because of the Owls, the Wayne ancestors have been victims of the users of these metals, etc.
>>
>>93201305
>Alex Ross
>Morrison
>Not popular

OK Chief.
>>
>>93199180
But they are vulnerable to a kick to the face
>>
>>93201111
So conceptually what Morrison does has been done before, the philosophy that Morrison had is shared by authors preceding him but just because it didn't happen in a Batman comic or didn't happen the way Morrison did it, makes what Morrison did original. Your argument is equivalent of someone saying Matt Fraction writing a conceptual and thematically similar book to the story of Homer is original because it has never been done in a sci-fi setting in comics and ignoring all those stories preceding ODY-C that cover similar ground.
Are you legit slow or just a very hardcore creatorfag that's trying hardest to make an argument where there isn't one? You know you wouldn't actually try to have this retarded argument and instead say that ideas do not need to be original just executed well which is an actual valid sentiment to have instead of the delusion you are carrying but then you would lose a moral group for whenever you try to criticize someone like Snyder for not being original.
>>
>>93199499
>>93199521
>>93199537
What in the fuck is happening?
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1944x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1944x1166px
What could this even mean at this point?

Seriously the universe has been destroyed and re-created and rebooted and relaunched about 50 billion times now. What in the DCU could possibly be mindblowing to someone like Hal?
>>
>>93201396
The fact that no one had done it before with Batman by definition makes it an original concept for the character and mythos. It's not difficult. If you're not a fucking moron.
>>
>>93201305
Hipsters HATE older shit. These are the faggots who only read post-Disney Marvel and invented the term "dadrock".
>>
>>93199194
>Egyptian
>not black

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>93199499
Wait, is that the Anti-Monitor's corpse from Infinte Crisis?
>>
>>93199499
How did Batman get a hold of that

This is stupid
>>
>>93201305
Alex Ross is historically a big seller.

Morrison is THE most successful comics writer of the last 20 years. The fuck are you talking about? He had a top 5 seller nearly every month from 1997-2012. The ONLY other writer who's EVER pulled that off is Claremont.
>>
>>93199537
there are three jokers. this was established back when the justice league became gods. one may be dead (I don't know what happened the last time the joker showed up outside of Duke's family), one has been found here, and the last one is currently unkown as far as I can tell.

this is going to be a very interesting cruel joke.
>>
>>93201021
>you either have no idea how to 4Chan

ALERT! THIS POSTER CAME FROM REDDIT!
>>
Is this canon? Or is it out of continuity?
>>
>>93201510
Leave it to Bats to actually hide something in Supes' own Fortress.Batwank is big.
>>
>>93201464
Your post, while being unironic is the accurate representation of capeshitters who want to feel pretentious about reading the books in which one macho man in silly costume punches another one and while being pretentious also manage to remain illiterate about the reality of media you consume.
>>
>>93200558
it's Hal. he's not exactly the most consistent lantern.
>>
>>93201517
>Morrison is THE most successful comics writer of the last 20 years.
Johns is much more successful without the last 20 year tag.
>>
>>93201564
>Is this canon?
Yes, it's the start of DC's next big event book.
>>
>>93199321
InB4 Outsiders?
>>
>>93201582
Morrison was directly engaging with the seemingly frivolous nature of superheroes and why they endure and resonate in popular culture despite people calling them macho men in silly costumes punching one another. And irony is calling someone illiterate just after getting beat the fuck out with a dictionary definition of original.
>>
>>93199174
So, is this implying Immortal Man is Duke's real dad?
>>
>>93201439
>Seriously the universe has been destroyed and re-created and rebooted and relaunched about 50 billion times now.
Yes but only a handful of individuals are even aware of it.
>>
>>93201629
>Yes, it's the start of DC's next big event book.
Duke.
>>
>>93198959
>Förge
>>
>>93201664

Yea but why should we as the readers give a shit?
>>
>>93199381
Oh shit. Final Crisis canon again?
>>
>>93200069
>>93201223
>>93201316
I genuinely despise you trunksfags at this point. Get over yourselves.
>>
>>93201492
No. It's the weapon he used in CoIE that Alexander Luthor recreated in Infinite Crisis.
>>
>>93199283
Hellyeahmotherfucker.com
>>
>>93201684
It was still cannon, bruce talks about his encounter with Darkseid and time travel during Robin Rises
>>
>>93199679
Oh. I'll do you one better. Why is the Joker the thing that threatens the galaxy so intensely that he drew Ganthet's attention to such a degree that he sent Jordan on a secret mission to find him?

Snyder promised that Metal would melt my face off. I'll admit the Anti-Monitor's weapon was awesome, but Snyder's Joker does nothing but make me wretch.
>>
>>93201791

I bet my ass virginity this is not the Nu52 Joker, but the Joker from before Flashpoint. That's probably why he's giving off weird signatures and shit.
>>
>>93201600
Not even close.

Morrison's JLA, New X-Men, and Batman were THE biggest titles at their respective publishers when he was writing them. His All Star Superman sold over 200k PER ISSUE.

Johns has usually not been a chart topper. Morrison on the other hand is the most mainstream writer of the 21st century. Only Bendis (of all people) even is arguably as successful.
>>
>>93201439
Bruce raped 2 of the 3 Jokers
>>
>>93201791
>Why is the Joker the thing that threatens the galaxy so intensely that he drew Ganthet's attention to such a degree that he sent Jordan on a secret mission to find him?

Joker isn't the threat
Ganthet says the threat is the truth coming to light
So it's Batman digging for the metals
Joker just happens to be there and also knows pieces of the puzzle
>>
>>93201844
Pre-Flashpoint Joker doesn't have that haircut.
>>
>>93200084
Nope.
>>
>>93199499
Fuuuuuck
>>
>>93201967
Stop trying to reason with people who don't read comics.
>>
>>93202153
I can't help myself, anon
>>
File: 1371525-orion.jpg (93KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
1371525-orion.jpg
93KB, 716x960px
>>93198994
hmmm
>>
>>93199537
I'm seriously considering skipping the event until it's available in a nice hardcover because it looks really promising
OTOH its really fun reading and shitposting along with you guys
Wat do?
>>
>>93199283

Sinestro?
>>
>>93199194
>Our story is well known

Its a bit of a clusterfucked mess but I"ll concede.
>>
>>93199479
rude
>>
>>93201867
>Johns has usually not been a chart topper.
Nigga Johns has been writing event after event since Infinite Crisis, made things like Green Lantern and Aquaman a top seller and saved books like Teen Titans and JSA. If you look at trade sales, no current DC writer except maybe Snyder compares to him, certainly not Morrison.
>>
What's the continuity/timeline/universe for this?

What's the main core and many issues will it be?
>>
>>93201640
If you consider your inability to accept the fact that Morrison's ideas are not wholly original and only seem original because you are viewing them through certain lenses me getting blown the fuck out then by all means, continue to indulge in your ignorance. Morrison might have been original when he was seemingly the first to push back the idea of darker comics by writing darker comics with ironic edge, but he was certainly not original when he wrote his love letter to Superman in a specific way that resembled Moore's work on Superman and certainly certainly not original when he tried to reference past canon of Batman as one long story when that idea has been around since before Morrison even started writing capeshit.
>>
>>93202540
-the main DC universe sometimes during the Rebirth era
-prelude: Dark Days: The Forge + The Casting, main story: Dark Nights: Metal, we don't know about regular tie-ins yet, but the Dark Matter line of books will spring out of this event
>>
>>93199340
God that Halo costume is such an eyesore
>>
>>93201439
there's this metal and it's eeeeevil and it's in everything and it's going to make Batman go full Batdictator.

and come to think of it, the metal is probably an ingredient in GL power rings! GASP!
>>
>>93202628
No one had made it canon before or told a story that directly referenced it. For all your bloviating you are still wrong.
>>
HOW MANY SECRETS DOES BATMAN HAVE? HOW MANY SECRET PARTNERS DOES HE SECRETLY WORK WITH? WHY DOES HE POKE HIS NOSE ON SO MANY PEOPLE'S LIVES?
>>
>>93199134
Is that why Duke wears yellow? So he can beat up Green Lanterns?
>>
>>93203027
WHAT IS BATMAN'S SUPERPOWER?
>>
>>93199247
What is his deal again? Is he from Earth 2 or something?
>>
>>93203027

Batman seriously come off as a cheating slut. You think Superman and Wonder Woman are his best friends, but noooope then you learn that Batman and Mister Terrific had been having this secret relationship no one knows for years. Or has has been hiding Plastic Man in his secret sex dungeon thing.

God, if i was Superman i'd just slap his face and call him out on his bullshit. Dump him, Superman.
>>
>>93203116
He was from Earth 1, stayed on E2 for a while. Didn't do much there
>>
>>93203027
Literally a walking keikaku
>>
>>93199283
>Batman has been keeping plasticman in solitary confinement in the Batcave, stuck in an inhuman shape, for months
That's pretty fucked up Bruce
>>
>>93203300

I sometimes feel that Batman is a villain that work on the good guys side. The shit that he pulls is literally textbook villainy.
>>
>>93199340
So are Green Arrow Outsiders non-canon?Or is it just coincidence that katana has been part of 2 groups called The Outsiders?
>>
GEO-FORCE UP THIS SHIT, NIGGA!
>>
File: Commissioner_gordon.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_gordon.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>93199499
>>93203027

>Batman, you must rape the multiverse!
>>
I dig it Get it

But seriously I'm kinda interested in seeing Snyder do something other than Batman and this is exactly what he said it was, a DCU story.

I'm not a fan of Duke but if this sends him out of the Bat-corner and into the wider DCU to be his own hero I'm happy with that. Also liking these history fill-ins as well.

I do wish the book had a consistent artist or used its different artists for theming instead of randomly passing pages about though.

Hopefully The Casting and Metal has more DCU focus
>>
>>93203640

For some reason i feel that Snyder would be perfect for Hawkman. Snyder loves having characters narrating about some weird factoid or ancient history in every fucking issue. What better than Hawman for that?
>>
Hal wants to go back and get the Justice League because his ring has never reacted the way it did? The guy who killed himself to escape from the Dead Zone and beat the lord of the dead, is afraid because "his arm is on fire"? Who is Snyder and Tynion thinking they are writing here?
>>
>>93199340
MOTHERFUCKING GEO-FORCE SON!
>>
New interview with Snyder and gives a lot of information about his plans for some of the cameos we saw: http://www.cbr.com/interview-scott-s...R-TW&view=list

-Sounds like a lot of new books are gonna be announced between now and Comic Con.
-Looks like the new outsiders are gonna appear in detective comics first, before they get their own series, if they even do.
-Duke's name and book will be announced when the casting comes out.
-Plastic Man will have a big role in Metal.
-the Justice League and Hawkman are the main characters of Metal
-The Three Joker storyline won't be answered here, but Snyder knows about it and talked about how to make this story work with Johns
-While Doomsday Clock will answer the mysteries of Rebirth, Metal is designed to open up new corners of the DCU and make new characters.
>>
>>93204099
>-Duke's name and book will be announced when the casting comes out.

Alright, so what Legacy character will he end up being?

> Hawkman are the main characters
Oh hell yeah
>>
>>93204099
You literally took that cbr man
>>
>>93204099
>Looks like the new outsiders are gonna appear in detective comics first, before they get their own series, if they even do.

who do you want to write it, /co/?
>>
>>93204099
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>93204291
Anyone outside of DC's current roster.
>>
>>93204291
Not Synder or Tynion
>>
>>93199415
Do you guys Batman always says this when he hangs out with anybody else in the Justice League.
>Arthur i know you're down there come up here
>Barry i know could get home before i knock let me in
>>
>>93199445
Awww... Scott!
>>
>>93199999
The quints don't lie anon, I guess Snyder really is a hack.
>>
>>93199058
been a while since an event did something cool so early
>>
>>93201071
I'm actually hyped for this event if this is the best nitpicking
>>
>>93204291
It's probably going to be Mike Barr given the work DC has been giving him and Didio's obsession with the franchise.
>>
>>93199180
look at this overeager maroon
>>
>>93199174
holy shit. SOMEONE remembered the Immortals
>>
>>93199058

Now this is how you start a fucking comic event.
>>
>>93205525
>Mike Barr
Dropped even before considering to pick it up. Could it be Cucka? Write it with Kate as a lead and throw in all his other self insert strong womyn who are also lesbians, could work.
>>
>>93199268
>179
Well, that's not very high.
>>
>>93199364

You could argue that Wondy's gauntlets and the Helm of Nabu can only contain the power they wield because of the materials they are made of though.
>>
>>93199537

This reveal is the only stupid thing about this story.
>>
>>93204099
Wtf?
>>
>>93199445
>>93199465
>>93199479
I don't think that King/Gerards Mr. Miracle will be any good, DC can't use the New Gods right it seems.
>>
>>93205856
Rucka is going back to Image. He has his two books on the backburner there and usually he can't handle more than that. Plus Johns supposedly isn't involved with this.
>>
>>93199537
Anyone else not think of this as a twist at all? I saw it coming when he was first talking to Hal and Duke. The lettering gave it away.
>>
>>93199414

Fucking retard
>>
>>93204099
As long as Duke doesn't take over Bruce as Batman I'm all for him fucking off to his own book.
>>
File: tumblr_lyb1nnsnS41ro4znwo1_400.jpg (30KB, 262x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyb1nnsnS41ro4znwo1_400.jpg
30KB, 262x489px
>mfw
>>
>>93199212
Are we not going to comment on how Selina is clearly living with Bruce now?
>>
I just hope this garbage isn't canon and doesn't effect rebirth. Sincerely. It'll poison everything and ruing the only good thing going for the big two.
>>
>>93206645
Isn't that Carter, though? Hence the mace on the wall.
>>
>>93206645
pretty sure its Hawkman

its got his narration captions and there's a fucking mace on the wall
>>
File: yellow.jpg (337KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
yellow.jpg
337KB, 800x631px
>>93199134
It explains everything.
>>
>>93199113
So this is some alternate Earth??? Because Ganthet should not be with the greens right now.
I wonder what number of Earth this could be???
>>
>>93206680
It's just a side event, anon, don't get your panties in a bunch. Doc is still the main overarching plot.
>>
>>93206950
He & Sayd are back in the Green Lantern books.
>>
>>93206950
Ganthet and Sayd are back after attempting to resurrect the Blue Lantern Corps.
>>
>>93201477
https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms15694

https://phys.org/news/2017-05-genome-ancient-egyptian-mummies.html
>>
>>93204099
I'm predicting Hawkman ongoing by Snyder. He has been saying since forever he wants to write Hawkman.
>>
>>93206964
stinks. stinks to high heaven, anon. smells fishy too. And foil? looks fishy too.
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO008.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93199537
So when do they explain how New 52 Joker became Joker again?
>>
File: eh.png (207KB, 561x390px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
207KB, 561x390px
>>93204099
>Plastic Man will have a big role in Metal
>>
>>93206950
seriously, man, why the fuck do you even comment about a character if you don't read the books they appear in?
>>
>>93201477
When Alexander the Great died his empire was divided among his generals, one of them declared himself Pharaoh of Egypt. His lineage eventually lead to Cleopatra, also it was full of inbreeding.
>>
Very intrigued by this
>>
>>93199537
Great first issue, this event is looking to be really great.
>>
And once again, Batman's compulsive hoarding is about to doom the world.

Someone really needs to get him an intervention.
>>
>>93206993
>>93207305
They went back with the Greens after the failed attempt?
Sorry then, I think I skip that part, is hard to read something with Kyle so I just speed a lot of pages where he seems to be.
>>
>>93201477
Take you SJW propaganda back to tumblr.

Egyptians have always been Middle Eastern looking based on DNA evidence and the lack of any genocide by Greco-Roman-Arab conquerors.
>>
>>93207698
>falling for obvious bait

He even included one of the most common bait questions.
>>
>>93207698

North Africa, being on the Mediterranean Sea, has had a lot of crossover between other ethnic groups so you can justify Egyptians being whatever varying shade of brown you want, depending on the time period it takes place.
>>
>>93202424

Read it here with everyone else, shitposting and so forth, and pick up the book later, probably wont be out till a good 6months or more after it ends anyways, probably will forget some stuff.
>>
>>93207902

On the other hand, if it's actually that good, then why WOULDN'T you want to support it if you have the means to do so?
>>
>>93206231
the way the mysterious figure was speaking all familiar like and antagonistic i was fully expecting A joker to be the reveal yeah.

theres nothing wrong with giving a bit away for the people paying attention though.. people are bitching about hals ring but it buzzed about an anomally a couple times... clearly this Joker, whereever hes from.. isn't supposed to be there and is fucking with all kinds of shit
>>
>>93207577

Kill yourself, seriously...

Either read a book or don't, don't fucking skim the thing and then come here blathering nonsense... its fucking sad.
>>
>>93207937

Not everyone has the cash for that, or an LCS nearby... also, despite having a pull list myself i'm kinda topped out anyways and I won't even be getting it because its 4.99 an issue, which with the exchange rate (in canada) ends up around 6.50 per issue, which is kinda fuckin nuts.

At least the trade is orderable online and more cost effective.
Supporting the trade is better than not buying it at all and just being a shitty pirate freeloader.
>>
>>93208150

That's why I said "with the means to"

I was a broke-ass college student at one time too, I know what it's like to only be able to pirate series you enjoy.
>>
>>93199283
Oh my fucking god. He's finally back.
>>
>>93208150
>>93207937
I don't live in the US, so getting new comics are pretty expensive here
Ordering the trades is the cheaper and preferred option
>>
Bump

Man with the COIE-related shit that's going down I'm surprised there's not more Hypercrisis speculation in this thread. Just bitching about Snyder and the racial make-up of ancient Egyptians.
>>
>>93199194
>>93199212
whoa did Hawkman die?

i know death of Hawlman was going but didnt know it was canon
>>
>>93199537
can this faggot not write a story without the joker? ugh snyder is shit.
>>
>>93199096
Aw shit is that a motherfucking invisible jet?
>>
>>93199364
>And WW's gauntlets were made by her Gods.
No they weren't they were forged for her by the Amazons.
>>
>>93198952
I thought this was coming out in July
>>
what will be the Watchmen teaser at the end of this event?
>>
>>93211157
They were made for her by Hephaesteus. It's in the Azzarello run.
>>
This was pretty good. This feels like an actual event whereas Secret Empire is just CW3, and features more hero vs hero and Tony vs Steve bullshit. Here the more obscure characters are getting a chance to shine.
>>
>>93207769
They definitely weren't negroid, which is what the bait is implying. Sub-saharan Africans didn't have shit to do with Egypt.
>>
>>93199537
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

snyder is a hack
>>
>>93200513

It better connect to The Return of Bruce Wayne.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK
IS
GOIGN ON
>>
>>93210633
i hate that invisible shit.
>>
>>93204099
>-the Justice League and Hawkman are the main characters of Metal
Didn't this specific group randomly pop up at the end of the Captain Atom mini? Like everyone in the thread was wondering why Hawkman was randomly there after having died in Death of Hawkman recently.
>>
>>93198952
Joker knows everything...cause he's so special and not just a crazy man. Sometimes i hate DC, Stupid DC.
>>
>>93204099
i don't know why i do not care about Duke
>>
>>93213927
Maybe you will after this event, but right now he's just now relevant to the dc universe.

>>93210071
I'm surprised that there's not more PRIME TIME in here. Since the Monitor's tower is what Alex Luthor or Earth-3 was using to make the perfect earth...

could it be? that he somehow succeeded after all?
>>
>>93205856
what's the matter with Rucka? Does he want to be a woman?
>>
>>93213948
>Since the Monitor's tower is what Alex Luthor or Earth-3 was using to make the perfect earth...
That's not that tower.
>>
>>93208089
Is Kyle's fault faggot, I can't stand to read anything with that fucking gary stu character there, that run was going really fine before he were back on the scene.
>>
>>93199414
it has always been stupid but it wasn't Snyder's idea though for some reason he decided to use it
>>
>>93214017
Where does this one comes from then?
>>
>>93213948
>could it be? that he somehow succeeded after all?
Yeah, it was Earth 15, until Prime destroyed it.
>>
>>93214098
Read the thread. >>93199541
>>
>>93210370
why wouldnt it be canon
>>
>>93202738
I have the feeling they'll call New52 Dark matter now
>>
>>93202426
PASTIC MAN!!!!!

Bats prolly needs him to help make the computer to analyze whatever it is.
>>
>>93199541
>>93214128
Pretty sure the towers in COIE were set up by the Monitor to protect the Earths from the Anti-Monitor.

Anyway COIE ended with a rebooted single Earth so i can't see how they could be still around.
>>
File: 220px-Crisistower.jpg (59KB, 220x385px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Crisistower.jpg
59KB, 220x385px
>>93214128
Not him but that same tower was used by Alex, only rebuilt with some parts of theAM.
>>
>>93212753
>azzarello

That entire run was made non-canon. And on top of that, dont be such a fucking casual.
>>
>>93199396
I like his base
>>
File: 1216703-1272939358983.jpg (83KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1216703-1272939358983.jpg
83KB, 750x600px
>>93199283
What the fuck did Plas ever do to you?!??!
>>
>>93214143
Writers don't always care what happens in a mini series.
Like the fact that Isamot Kol was killed in it, but he's fine in Green Lanterns.
>>
>>93214611
He was shown alive at the end.
>>
>>93201172
>>93201185
OP's cover is the only one with foil. that's why i picked that one.
>>
>>93214611
I've been reading both and I dont think he actually died in Death of Hawkman. They showed him in the last issue iirc. He was just hurt.
>>
>>93214611
He didnt stay dead I dont think.
>>
>>93214643
>>93214648
>>93214658
Then his ring flew off and went tot Katar's cop buddy for no fucking reason?
>>
>>93214227
Have you never read Infinite Crisis?
>>
so i guess it looks like i need to read crisis on infinite earths.

anything else i should read before dark nights comes out in august?
infinite crisis? final crisis?
>>
>>93199174
Does anyone know who the guy talking and the guy he's talking to is? What about the four people/things on the screen?

Are they the Immortal Men from the upcoming Tynion series? Have we ever seen anything with any of these people before?
>>
>>93216194
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Identity Crisis
Countdown to Infinite Crisis
Omac Project
Day of Vengeance
Villains United
The Rann-Thanagar War
Infinite Crisis

Final Crisis adds nothing.
>>
>>93216289
thank anon. im guessing it's in that order.
what about what >>93216241
he's talking about? who are the immortal men?
>>
>>93199445
Holy shit. This should be the page everyone is freaking over. Mister Miracle baby.
>>
>>93199499
Holy fuck. Now that I did not expect. How the hell did Batman get it?
>>
>>93216336
This is a full order:
Crisis on Infinite Earths #1-12
Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1
The OMAC Project #1
Day of Vengeance #1
Villains United #1-3
The OMAC Project #2-3
Day of Vengeance #2-4
Superman #219
Action Comics #829
Adventures Of Superman #642
Wonder Woman #219
The OMAC Project #4
Wonder Woman #220
Adventures Of Superman #643
Villains United #4
The OMAC Project #6
Villains United #5-6
JLA #115-119
Rann-Thanagar War #1-6
Day Of Vengeance #5-6
Infinite Crisis #1-3
Day Of Vengeance: Infinite Crisis Special #1
Infinite Crisis #4
Rann-Thanagar War: Infinite Crisis Special #1
Infinite Crisis #5
Infinite Crisis Secret Files and Origins #1
Infinite Crisis #6
The OMAC Project: Infinite Crisis Special #1
Villains United: Infinite Crisis Special #1
Infinite Crisis #7

About the Immortal Men, I wish I knew.
>>
>>93216411
He might have built it from scraps. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Or he took it might be the tower Mobius/Anti-Monitor had during the Darkseid War. I think he used it to destroy the crime syndicate's earth. So Batman might have gotten it from around that time.
>>
>>93216536
I think the Immortal Men are new characters.
>>
>>93216375
Mister Miracle has been around and active for a while anon.
>>93214844
Not only was he shown alive but he showed up and explained why the ring went to the new guy. Jesus anon, the run was only 6 issues, not hard to follow.
>>
>>93216717
yeap, the ones referring now are for the new jim lee book from dark matter line.
>>
>>93216741
>Mister Miracle has been around and active for a while anon.
He has? What books? Only stuff I can recall is towards the end of Johns JL run.
>>
>>93216852
None of the people on the screen look like any of the preview pictures we've seen for the Immortal Men though.
>>
>>93216866
Darkseid War, yeah.
>>
>>93216918
I wouldn't exactly call that active then.
>>
File: immortal men.jpg (75KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
immortal men.jpg
75KB, 600x468px
>>93216909
Ghost Fist is right there >>93199174
>>
>>93210071

It's because most of /co/ is made up of cretins.
the hypercrisis stuff in this issue are by far what makes me most excited!

>Multiversal fork
>Batman from Return of Bruce Wayne/Final Crisis influencing one of the first tribes of Man

And I'm sure there's much more.
>>
>>93201007
The older story was non-canon anyway. Who gives a fuck about that?
>>
>Batman and one of the first tribes of man

I don't want to drop it but this idea was batshit.
>>
>>93199283
Is this a reference to TDKSA?
>>
>>93218146
>I don't want to drop it but this idea was batshit.
why?
dude saved them from being eaten by vandal savage
>>
>>93214243
Yeah it was designed to find a universe. He wanted to find his perfect one, right?

Anyways, I like the idea that when everyone survived that mess Batman was looking at it and told everyone to go home, he'd take care of it. Then he stashed it in Superman's basement.

They really can't complain about him doing this shit if they're not going to stick around and help clean up.
>>
>>93218389

No, All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder.
>>
>>93199537
God damn it I was actually enjoying it until this.

Also can Snyder literally only write secret history? He's done it in every DC story he has ever written.
>>
>>93219073
>Also can Snyder literally only write secret history?
Have you read Tynion's Tec? It seems like every other arc involves an entire hidden army.
>>
>>93199212
So it's just Forever Evil then?
>>
File: quality.jpg (8KB, 200x215px) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
8KB, 200x215px
>>93199537
fuck you guys i love snyder's joker stories.
>tfw we're getting this in august
>then doomsday clock in november
>>
>>93199283
>imprisoning plas

Barman is a dick.
>>
>>93199232
>>93199430
>>93199445
who the fuck drew this section? they're drawing is shit and they should be fired.
>>
>>93203747
>>93207078
Was Johns friends with Snyder during his Hawkman run? If not, pic related is a hell of a coincidence.
>>
>>93198952
So, why is averyone saying that this will led to the return of the JSA? Is this just a whishful thinking or am i missing something?
>>
>>93203319
I wonder how much hell Batman had to go through to actually capture Plastic Man?
>>
>>93199008
>there's a feeling you get
>first line of comic
Jesus Christ it actually annoys my mind how predictable and mundane Snyder's writing techniques have become to me after years of reading his work
>>
>>93221625
>Tynion is the writer
>fuck you Snyder you hack REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Nigga, I actually know you have not read a single Snyder comic in at least one year.
>>
>>93213830

This is NuJoker here. There seems to be heavy implications that NuJoker isn't even a normal human being, and is much older than thought. It's not too insane for him to have some legit knowledge on unknown shit.
>>
I like how Snyder has his own little mini-canon through his runs, shades of Morrison.
>>
>>93200351
This one hundred percent. All of it.

I'd add that the only reason I've stuck around on Batman is the variants. I'll be dropping that if they stop the Tim Sale covers.
>>
>>93200958
talk about being a faggot.

Many people don't like Scott's shitty writting. The resentment is amplified by the praise he gets, especially in the normie parts of the internet. Scott was and is baby's first (and likely only) Batman for so many casuals because it was the Batman run that was going on when trade sales started to pick up in book stores and online. And so they call it incredible. "The best batman run I've ever read." you hear. Which is likely true because it's the only thing they've ever read.

When something mediocre is hailed as legendary, and the fans have ignored much of the history of a character calling the books they've been told are vastly superior "products of their time", it shows a complete disregard and disrespect for the character. It's the same debate/argument had in music circles. 40 year old rap fans think the shit coming out now is for literal retards. Kids think it's the best rap ever and never listened to even 90s or 00s albums let alone 80s and 70s. Every generation thinks their thing is the greatest. And the more they make that claim the more ire it draws.

Look at Jordan fans. They lose their mind when people say Lebron is even in the same conversation. It's not just /co/ autism. It's generational across all media.
>>
>>93199445
>there's a room you gave me
Was this idea seeded in some earlier n52 book? I vaguely remember something like this
>>
>>93199340
When was dionesium first intoduced in comics?
>>
>>93223663
Batman Vol 2 40 states the wiki.
>>
>>93222002
nah, the thing was a fake, he's a human.
>>
>>93219171

Forever Evil involved Earth 3 showing up to take over the world, with only a bunch of villains led by Lex Luthor to oppose them.

This seems to be related to an evil consciousness associated with Nth metal for whatever reason.

>>93219605

I don't have much hope for Doomsday Clock considering how disappointing The Button was.
>>
>>93221434

The JSA are going to come back SOMEHOW, given the hints we got from Rebirth with Johnny Thunder and Jay's appearance in The Button.

Whether it'll be in this story given the Hawkman connection (he was originally a member in the Golden Age, and returned for a time in Johns' run of the team), or in Doomsday Clock, we don't know.
>>
wow color me surprised

solid 9/10 issue and one of Snyders best.
>>
>>93225768
I see, thank you for the explanation Anon
>>
>>93226060
Synder pls.
>>
>>93225692
I wonder if it has any relation to Despero using his powers on Nth metal in death of hawkman.
>>
>>93226788

I didn't read Death of Hawkman, so I'd have to check that out first.
>>
>>93202835
>the metal is probably an ingredient in GL power rings!
Of course it is, its incredibly obvious.
>>
>>93227000

That post was meant to be sarcastic about the reveal.
>>
Batman has imprisoned and been experimenting on Plastic Man.
>>
>>93227081
He also extracted samples from him
>>
>>93220300
>shit talking JRJR
kill yourself you pleb
>>
>>93227081
>>93227250
Who here wants to see Plas wake up and completely destroy Batman.
>>
>>93199521
>Keeping the Joker locked in your basement.
>>
>>93227824
You should go back to artschool John.
>>
>>93219073
makes him a great fit for jsa if he ever wanted the job.
>>
>>93225692
geoff johns didnt write the button
and i actually liked the batman issues.
the flash issues werent very good.
>>
>>93213177
Bye faggot! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>93205885
Or the people on Earth 2 are really smart.
>>
File: superman thinking.jpg (78KB, 425x239px) Image search: [Google]
superman thinking.jpg
78KB, 425x239px
>>93199445
>Drawing Batman a manlet when he's only a inch shorter than Superman
When will this meme end?.
>>
File: c15.jpg (13KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
c15.jpg
13KB, 500x375px
>>93199537
This is actually the smartest thing Batman has ever done. If Batman won't kill and the Joker will just breaks out of Arkham, keeping him in a cell in the Batcave is safest way of keeping him off the streets.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (61KB, 407x381px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
61KB, 407x381px
>>93199521
>>93199537
>its another Joker story
Fuck you, Snyder
Just fuck off.
>>
>>93199499
This is Snyder going full retard
>>
>>93199499
COIE tower?
>>
>>93198994
Is that a...Batstro Harness...? Are they really picking up on the Batman = Orion of the Fifth World thing?
>>
>>93230435
>This is actually the smartest thing Batman has ever done. If Batman won't kill and the Joker will just breaks out of Arkham, keeping him in a cell in the Batcave is safest way of keeping him off the streets.

or he could just, y'know, kill him.
>>
>>93231620
If this was Johns or Morrison you'd be stroking their dicks
>>
I thought Batman an Plastic Man were usually portrayed as having a good deal of respect for each other?
>>
>>93232687
Batman is also usually portrayed as a douchebag at best and sociopath at worst.
>>
>>93232687
i remember the brave and bold episode where plastic man won't stop talking in the batplane and batman is struggling not to press the eject button on plastic man's seat
>>
>>93199180

Does this hack Anon not finish reading before commenting?
>>
>>93199323
Plastic Man
>>
>>93229165
there are still snyderfags on here?

my sides are in the antimatterverse
>>
>>93199559
I actually felt the exact opposite desu. Even though we dont fully know what is going on yet it definitely grabbed my attention/was more interesting than any event first issue from DC or Marvel in several years that I've read.
>>
>I was only 9 years old
>I loved the Joker so much
>>
>>93232472
>stroking their dicks

I'd be sucking their dicks at the same time through a hose straight up to my ass.
Thread posts: 461
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.