[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kevin Feige says no rivalry with DC, offers love and hugs to all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 20

File: look up.jpg (52KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
look up.jpg
52KB, 498x594px
>According to Feige, there isn’t really a rivalry between Marvel and DC. In fact, Feige is quick to say most of the supposed rivalry hails from the press. “There’s not really a rivalry. The rivalry is much more amongst the press, I think,” he shared. “Geoff Johns is a very good friend of mine. We grew up together in the business and recently celebrated Richard Donner, who we both used to work for. So, I applaud all the success he’s had. I really just look at it as a fan. When the movies perform well and are well received, it’s good for us – which is why I’m always rooting for them.”

>“The success of Wonder Woman is wonderful. It makes us incredibly happy. Finally, we can put to rest the falsehood that audiences don’t want to see female characters,” Feige said. “We never believed that was true. There were a run of movies that just weren’t very good 10-15 years ago that caused that reputation. I’m glad that Wonder Woman has blown that away.”
>>
File: 1460209221362.png (142KB, 299x252px) Image search: [Google]
1460209221362.png
142KB, 299x252px
>>93188489
>Finally, we can put to rest the falsehood that audiences don’t want to see female characters,” Feige said. “We never believed that was true.

Then where's YOUR fucking movie dipshit?

Dude is playing damage control so hard
>>
>>93188489
Aside from snide remarks inserted into some comics, I don't think most of the people working for either company hate the other, it's always just the fans making things worse.
>>
>>93188541
I have literally never seen DC do even a fraction of the shit that Marvel writers get away with. If anything Waid, Spencer, and Slott need to get called on it.
>>
File: 1495995201603.jpg (43KB, 477x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495995201603.jpg
43KB, 477x421px
>>93188489
Most of it comes from retarded fans. It was never a race anyway,when the mcu's been around for 10 years. There was no need to rush stuff like Superman's death and now nigga will be JL's Hawkeye.
>>
>>93188595
Any examples?
>>
File: bendis shits on joker.png (40KB, 620x338px) Image search: [Google]
bendis shits on joker.png
40KB, 620x338px
>>
>>93188541
>Aside from snide remarks inserted into some comics, I don't think most of the people working for either company hate the other, it's always just the fans making things worse.
I'm pretty sure SOME people have legit beef

Bendis is pretty snotty towards DC as an entity, largely because he's a dunce

Quesada talked some shit in the early days because he mistook comic book publishing for pro wrestling, and that offended Levitz which meant an end to Marvel/DC collaboration once Joe Q rose in prominence
>>
>>93188489
>marvel executive is a love not war pussy

Who could have guessed
>>
File: salon.png (465KB, 602x573px) Image search: [Google]
salon.png
465KB, 602x573px
>>93188534
>Then where's YOUR fucking movie dipshit?
All that "marvel stands for inclusiveness" PR down the fucking drain. but hey "LOL TALKING RACCOONS MARVEL IS JUST A MADMAN!" amirite?

DC takes the risks while Marvel reaps the rewards. Keep in mind Captain America 3 wasn't going to be Civil War until DC came out with title called Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>93188489
I don't see this as damage control, because he's used that "When one company is successful it's good for the other one too" line before in the past. Basically, his reasoning is that if the movies are well received by critics and audiences, it creates more of an appetite for the genre in general, and fights the "superhero fatigue" some press members have pointed to. Certainly for him in his position, it's beneficial that the studios continue to look at cape films as being good business.
>>
>>93188534
He wanted to make Captain Marvel earlier but Perlmutter was still in charge then and said no. Eventually allowed him to do it if they also made an Inhumans movie.

Then Feige broke Marvel Studios away from Marvel and now he doesn't have to worry about Ike anymore.
>>
>>93188784
>Then Feige broke Marvel Studios away from Marvel and now he doesn't have to worry about Ike anymore.

and he pushed back Captain Marvel for Spider-Man and an Ant-Man sequel. Smooth moves, Kevin
>>
>>93188805
Are you implying those aren't savvy moves? Becaus from where I'm standing "make room for Spider-Man" is pretty much always a smart call.
>>
>>93188740
>company cared about diversity
>posts a picture of a bunch of straight white guys
>>
>>93188740
>Keep in mind Captain America 3 wasn't going to be Civil War until DC came out with title called Batman vs Superman.

This will always make me sad. We could have had a good movie with Cap, Falcon, and Bucky with a real Zemo. But instead we got a film based on one of the worst events that ever happened to Marvel.
>>
>>93188805
Ant-Man and the WASP. Co lead female. Like Cap 2 was co lead with Black Widow.
>>
>>93188847
Civil War is great tho.
>>
>>93188489
>Meanwhile Nick Spencer has a spergy aneurysm on twatter
>>
>>93188847
The Russos always wanted to do "Civil War" and would have included the New Avengers regardless.
>>
>>93188847
CW: Saving private Barnes>>>Comic CW though. It even made more sense with Tony and Cap clashing in each Avengers movies . But I hope they still make Serpent Society.
>>
>>93188489
I swear it's like Kevin is the only guy who knows what he's fucking doing in superheroes movies.
No, /tv/, not in the sense he's some kind of genius like you'll laud any twat that isn't under Disney to be. In the sense he's not going for the tired, yet still very predictably swallowed, market tactics of the console wars era.
That whole aggressive business bullshit with made up buzzwords about your blast processing, and smear ads to make your shit look less brown by comparing it to the competition and all that conditioning.

No one will listen though, he's right in that the press has people pulled by their strings. People like to say the content is childish, but the love acting childish even more and just won't hear it.
>>
>>93188926
Nobody wants Serpent Society, bro. They used it as a mock title because they always joke about how silly it'd be to use them in a movie.
>>
>>93188747
Yeah. Really, he must be relieved that DC is no longer poisoning the superhero movie well with more Snydershit.
>>
>>93188489
>There’s not really a rivalry. The rivalry is much more amongst the press, I think,”

Is Marvel writer Nick Spencer part of the press?
>>
>>93189036
He's not part of Marvel STUDIOS, that's for sure.
>>
File: slapfight.jpg (213KB, 1084x622px) Image search: [Google]
slapfight.jpg
213KB, 1084x622px
>>93188929
>he's right in that the press has people pulled by their strings
It's nothing new. 'Member when Rap first started to get really popular and they had the East Coast vs West Cost Beef? Niggers literally killing other niggers over that shit.

At least in *this* case the worst you can hope for is two faggots getting into a company war slapfight on 4chan.
>>
>>93188784
>>93188834
And that pet project Inhumans movie Perlmutter wanted so dearly. "Delayed Indefinitely" which was a nice way of saying "tossed into a burning dumpster.
>>
>>93188850

Steve was clearly the lead in "Winter Soldier". Natasha was at the same level as Falcon as "unusually strong supporting character".
>>
>>93188740
But how the dc's been risky with movies ? they've been cocksucking Batman for decades and PRESENT DAY, PRESENT TIME it's never been safer to do a superherorine movie, even if it was shit people would go in hordes to see it.
>>
>>93189285
I don't agree with the other guy that she's a co-lead but she has more screntime and character moments than Falcon in TWS... who up until now really hasn't had much.
>>
I honestly believe him. Marvel doesn't want any bad blood with DC. The better they (and Fox) movies do, the more people stay interested in superhero movies which is a plus for everybody especially them since they're the most popular

A lot of people think Marvel wants DC to fail and that's just not true. Sure I bet they want to stay top dog, but they don't want the competition to straight up die. Competition is what keeps them going
>>
>>93188805
>an Ant-Man sequel
Well it's Ant-Man and the Wasp
>>
>>93188595

Poking a little fun here and there is not a full blown gang war people treat it like. From a business aspect, Feige is right. If DC does well it helps marvel, and vice versa. The industry as a whole will thrive if both are supported. Same goes for comics, you want people to be in shops buying stuff, if they aren't buying anything that hurts everyone.
>>
>>93189390
Still doesnt stop Marvel actors and writers from taking shots at DC for no reason.
Marvel is that asshole friend you cant stop the friendship because they were pretty cool back in the day.
>>
>>93188534
The one they announced a couple of years ago when they already had a full slate, which is still on track even though DC bumped Wonder Woman up the list because they could, or the one they were going to do with ScarJo but then she got pregnant and her schedule became impossible?

>>93188489
Good for him. JLA is going to be terrible regardless, so I don't see that he's got any ulterior motive here, and it's true. This literally does make it easier to market twice as many Marvel characters in their own movies as before, because it proves to investors that female-led cape movies aren't all Catwoman and don't need an A-lister with a proven track record to headline.
>>
>>93188489
He needs to tell that fuck Quesada then.
>>
>>93188689
This is the best piece of writing Bendis has ever done
>>
>>93188847
I would've preferred to get the William Burnside movie.
>>93189466
>>93189390
Marvel Studios and DC Films are cool, the actors for DC and Marvel are the ones taking potshots, and Nick Spencer's been brainwashed despite Marvel canning both of his other books prematurely.
>>
>>93188846
I hate how sexuality is involved in diversity
>>
>>93189342
>they've been cocksucking Batman
if you think people bought tickets to Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman on the premise of seeing less than one minutes worth Batman then you must be retarded.
>>
>>93188805
>and he pushed back Captain Marvel for Spider-Man and an Ant-Man sequel. Smooth moves, Kevin

Idiot, of course he would have to push back Captain Marvel for Spider-Man. Even though they can use Spider-Man in the MCU, it's still a Sony film, and Sony wants to get as much money from the box office as possible.
>>
>>93189429
>Feige is right. If DC does well it helps marvel, and vice versa
I feel that feige may be sincere, but i wouldn't put it past Disney to feel threatened of DC in fear of there being a chance of capeshit fatigue.
>>
>>93188846
>cap
>straight
>>
>>93189429
>Poking a little fun here and there

I think what some people on the comics side have been doing in the last 17 years isn't exactly poking a little fun here and there.
>>
>>93188489
Tell that to Bendis and Dan Slott.
>>
>>93188690
Yeah I had stuff like that in mind when I said "most" of the people.
>>
>>93188689
By her inexplicably going crazy crazy over muh babies and muh Magneto?
>>
>>93188689
Everyone should shit on DCEU's retarded Joker
>>
>>93190421
Capeshit fatigue is much more likely to be brought on by terrible movies, though.
>>
>>93188489
>turns a question alluding to the long-standing rivalry between comics' two largest competing companies into an opportunity to signal virtue
>>
>>93190330
They went because the trailer promised Guardian of the Galaxy and the promotion of the movie had a shitload of Joker, Harley and Batman.
>>
>>93188595
When Joe Quesada and Bill Jemas took over at Marvel they encouraged an anti-DC culture, with Jemas calling Paul Levitz "LOL Pevitz" and Quesada trash-talking the company.

Jemas is gone now and Quesada has backed off on that, but it seems like Marvel encourages its editors and writers to be pugnacious and mix it up online, probably on the theory that all publicity is good publicity.

DC seems to have a more button-down corporate culture where employees and freelancers are discouraged from saying obnoxious things (not that they sometimes don't, just it's not encouraged).

I doubt Feige or the other movie people have any beef with DC though. There's a limited number of people who have a) professional moviemaking skills and b) any knowledge of comic books. This is why the likes of Whedon, Heinberg and Loeb will always get work, but the upshot is they can't afford to trash each other because they'll all need to draw from the same talent pool.
>>
Spiderman being in the MCU is great for Spidey fans but for fans of any other MCU character not called Tony, it means get used to minimal screen-time.
>>
If Rey is a Mary Sue then what is the rich as fuck, genius tactician and inventor, martial artist, king, T'challa?
>>
>>93191650
Coming to America.
>>
>>93188534
Blame Ike
>>
>>93188534
He wasn't allowed to as long as Perlmutter was calling the shots. He was only able to get approval for Captain Marvel by agreeing to do Inhumans.

Once Perlmutter was gone, it became all SJW all the time
>>
>>93191767
Also blame decades of Marvel creators who never came up with a female solo star who was any good.

Carol really is the best they've got available (remembering that anyone's favorite Marvel comic female has probably been mostly on teams, not solo) and that's pretty sad.
>>
>>93191650
MCU Tony and T'Challa both have egg on their face from Civil War, their pride and ego easily leads them to become rash and nearsighted so they're already far from mary sues.

T'Challa in fact wised up at the tail end, is trying to extend an olive branch to Steve and co. by using his resources to help Bucky after using them before for personal goals to hinder them, and it seems he's going to have to clean up old messes his predecessors left lying around with little glory in doing so should old-world Wakanda or the outside world disapprove of whatever choice he makes. He's not in an ideal situation right now, he might come out better from it but it's no blessing.

With Rey it's less that she has any inherent responsibility or was raised to fulfill an obligation and more that people around her, who just met her, decide she's the best to solve everything. Her choices are also puzzling, lacking any sense other than to stay or move as the plot requires.

If Disney whips up some horseshit at the end about her actually being a Sith splinter cell or whatever then at least they'll have some strand to tie it together, but if she's really just all that because the script calls for it but can't be fucked to justify it then that's the Mary Sue way of writing. Where you just tell your viewer someone is important and never bother to back it up or explain it. This has been discussed to death.
>>
>>93191650
He was born into privilege so it's more reasonable for him.
>>
>>93189761
>the actors for DC and Marvel are the ones taking potshots
Did anything happen, other than that "fuck Marvel" autograph from Momoa?
>>
File: bp priest.jpg (122KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
bp priest.jpg
122KB, 800x546px
>>93191650
>>
>>93191822
Marvel Studios is much less dogmatic than the comics division.

Disney and Feige would never allow Marvel Studios to become political
>>
>>93192138
And yet Black Panther and Captain Marvel exist.
>>
>>93192205
Unless the movies are really bad I doubt Disney will be dumb enough to market them as "you must see this movie or you're a bad person," which is what killed Ghostbusters.

The trick is to market a movie as silly escapism (which is what they are) while dog-whistling to the critics who want Social Significance. That's how Wonder Woman was marketed pretty much.

If a popcorn movie is marketed as being Good For You then nobody will want to see it, not even the people who actually agree with the message.
>>
>>93191843
While Wanda appears in the MCU, the comics division only grudgingly gave her a solo book (Robinson said as much) that was disconnected from the MU and had no letters page or any editorial content.

Likewise Storm has ended up as T'challa's fucked bitch, and the bland dullard of the X-Men.
>>
>>93192205
>They're not ignoring good characters just because they're black/female
How political of them.
>>
>>93192252
Critics think to be of value art or any creative endeavour must be "socially significant" or "worthy".

This is because they are embarrassed they review such "trivial" things.
>>
>>93188534
See >>93191767
Perlmutter truly believed a female lead wouldn't sell at all hence why they never did a Black Widow movie back when she was relevant.
>>
>>93188689
Based Big Boy Bendis.
>>
Meanwhile on the DCEU:
>FUCK MARVEL
>>
>>93191403

exactly. If the movies keep on being liked, that is better. Marvel does 2 1/2 films a year, they sell products too. DC wants in on this fire and if families are dragged out to bad super hero movies that ruins the taste of the genre. McDonalds would rather you like burgers and eat bugers than get a taste for something they dont sell.
>>
>>93188541
I think you're giving them too much credit. 75 years of rivalry doesn't exactly equate to friendship.
>>
>>93188887
It's good, but it could've been better.
>>
>>93188740
>DC takes the risks
What fucking risks?
They are superhero movies, they follow the same, clonic structure, except they change the costumes the main character and villains wear.

>Keep in mind Captain America 3 wasn't going to be Civil War until DC came out with title called Batman vs Superman.
And what fucking risk was taken in either movie?
Both were the same, absolute garbage.
>>
>>93191958
The SS dorector said it but later apologized cuz he was harrassed.
Other then that no.
>>
File: 1470519300452.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1470519300452.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>93189182
>'Member
>le reddit asterisks
>>
>>93189182
>East Coast vs West Cost Beef? Niggers literally killing other niggers over that shit.
Oh yeah, because white people have never killed each other over stupid shit before
>>
File: marvel-vs-dc.jpg (286KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-vs-dc.jpg
286KB, 1600x700px
>>93188489
>There will never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game
>>
>>93193951
He didn't say otherwise.
Niggers are other people, and since they are people, they are fucking retarded.
>>
>>93191537
>and Quesada trash-talking the company
He also put the kibosh on any future crossover books. JLA/Avengers happened on his watch but it was contractually obligated preceding his becoming EiC.

DC does have tighter constraints on creatives in social media which is how McDuffie got fired. During the 70s and early 80s they weren't even allowed to drink socially together but this was eventually ignored.

If it helps put things into perspective at the height of this obnoxiousness from Marvel, DC cancelled The Boys (a good seller they acquired with Wildstorm) as soon as an issue came out with a foul-mouthed, intolerant Hitler-moustached Stan Lee character in it. They'd tolerated gore, anal sex, and all the edge Ennis could muster but depicting "The Legend" as someone who'd call Will Eisner "that faggot they named the awards after" was the breaking point. And they kept the whole thing low key, handing Ennis and Roberson the book rights AND reprint rights for zero (0) dollars just as long as they took it elsewhere. Officially DC never explained why they dumped the book but the timing speaks for itself.
>>
>>93191909
>people around her, who just met her, decide she's the best to solve everything. Her choices are also puzzling, lacking any sense other than to stay or move as the plot requires

Like America Chavez
>>
>>93192023
The biggest miscue was marrying Ororo to anyone with a penis. Outside of a thing with Forge that was engineered by Claremont to fail spectacularly, she's been one of his classic "don't ask, don't tell" dykes.
>>
>>93189679
or will
>>
>>93193969
> there will never be a DC v Marvel pool in a dive bar game with Rogue bending over to make a trick shot and Wonder Woman licking her lips at the sight
>>
>>93194557
muh dick is diamonds
>>
>>93194607
> no dykes in the bathroom cutscenes
We are denied
>>
>>93194193
>He also put the kibosh on any future crossover books.

That was Levitz, Bendis confirmed this over a decade ago when he and Brubaker wanted to do Batman/Daredevil.

>“This is a weird thing to talk about publicly,” Bendis started. “A year ago, Michael Avon Oeming and I started talking about a big Batman/Daredevil crossover. At the time, (Quesada) told me to put it on the back burner, because of the climate between the two companies. This was perplexing to me, as JLA/Avengers was making a boatload of dough.”

>Bendis continued, “So this year, me and Ed Brubaker started talking about it. Batman versus Bullseye. Elektra versus Catwoman. Yeah, a lot of cool shit. Everyone was excited, a lot of people said they’d do it for free — let’s just get this shit done, let’s get it green-lit. But (DC President, Publisher) Paul Levitz said no.”

>Bendis went on to say that he did call Levitz personally, and that Levitz cited Quesada personally as the reason the DD/Batman book could not go on.

>“And that’s not a good reason,” Bendis said. “That’s a personal reason. We could do this book without those two ever even speaking to each other.”

>Wayne then effectively supported what Bendis said.

>“The impression I have is that we expressed an interest in it, and that Brian would be involved… and we’ll do it, as soon as Joe is not at Marvel anymore,” said Wayne.

http://www.cbr.com/chicago-day-1-bendis-panel-goes-wild/
>>
>>93188489
advanced damage control.
>>
File: ImageStrip20170613234549.jpg (2MB, 3744x1467px) Image search: [Google]
ImageStrip20170613234549.jpg
2MB, 3744x1467px
>>93195741
>and that Levitz cited Quesada personally as the reason the DD/Batman book could not go on
>and we’ll do it, as soon as Joe is not at Marvel anymore

Remember what I said about DC's response to making fun of Stan Lee? This is Marvel in 2002 under Joe Quesada.
>>
>>93195918
The fuck did I just read?
>>
>>93195948
oh that's right, Storytime of Pain hasn't done Marville recently.

Peter David and Marvel Publisher Bill Jemas made a bet over whose original idea was better. Jemas decided he won and we got Marville for it, a miniseries about a Superman parody sent back in time to the present. And then he makes friends with a female cab driver. And then they meet God. And God takes them back to prehistoric times to meet the first mutant and discover the meaning of life while disregarding everything about biology and anthropology not because it's a comic book but because Jemas is a fundamentalist retard on a soapbox.

It's one of the worst comic books ever made. These are just a few pages from the first issue.
>>
File: cockmongler.jpg (25KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
cockmongler.jpg
25KB, 350x350px
>>93195918
> sitting around enjoying her dad's money
This is maybe the most offensive thing on the page. Henry Fonda was frequently destitute and his children didn't just go into acting on a lark, they did it to eat. At one point later in Peter Fonda's career as a film producer he was finding his dad bit parts just to keep him out of the poorhouse.

Meanwhile Jemas himself has lost his own website where he could rant about Jesus and is a pariah in the industry.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/14/what-next-for-bill-jemas-valiant-dmg/
>>
File: picture-1.png (2MB, 1227x625px) Image search: [Google]
picture-1.png
2MB, 1227x625px
>>93195990
No one 'won' that shit because the other idea was Ultimate Adventures which was taking the piss on Batman and Robin.
Both are horrid from hell ideas that should have never graced comics or any media for that matter.
>>
>>93197686
Are you shit talking UA
>>
>>93195918
Levitz is a wonderful man though. Not talking about his writing here, but what he did for the industry and talent.
>>
>>93188689
I dunno Bendis, how are we gonna know your Mary Sues are super special unless you keep telling us that.
>>
>>93194326
Storm was pretty interesting with Wolvie, and Thor, to be honest. The only thing she really had in common with oilspill was that they were both black and powerful.

I liked that she had some neat similarities with Gambit in that they were both thieves.
>>
>>93188689
By having the rest of the characters talk about how damaged she is all the time while the actual character doing nothing to prove they are right
>>
>>93188489
>Kevin Feige goes Stan Lee
NOOOOPE
>>
>>93193857
everything could've been better. Kingdom Come could have been better. What's your point?
>>
> Kevin Fiege offers the olive branch
> DC Troll - "What a fucking pussy, I uh... Nice try playing damage control, but you... um... You just... Quips? I don't know how to spin this guys!
> Other DC Troll - "Quick, bitch about the comics! That's our only high ground!"
>>
>>93198386
>Kevin Feige offers the olive branch
>Marvel shills keeps shitting on DC
Poor Kevin, what a toxic fanbase he has.
>>
>>93191843
Spider-Woman? She Hulk? Elektra?
>inb4 but those are shit
each character has several acclaimed runs
>>
File: The_Alps_Story___My_Annette_-_.png (113KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
The_Alps_Story___My_Annette_-_.png
113KB, 320x240px
>>93198411
>Spider-Woman? She Hulk? Elektra?
>several acclaimed runs
>>
File: feige's end game.jpg (45KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
feige's end game.jpg
45KB, 300x457px
do it Feige
if there is someone who can make it happen, its you
>>
File: 1123975[1].jpg (112KB, 600x895px) Image search: [Google]
1123975[1].jpg
112KB, 600x895px
>>93198434
>i dont read comics: the post
also try Byrnes She Hulk after you are done with this
good readings newfriend :)
>>
>>93198450
>one run from the 1980s = several
Oh well, you had to try.
>no Spider-Woman runs to mention
Hmmm...
>>
>>93198386
>Feige offers olive branch
>MCU shitty fanbase keep us from liking the MCU a few posts below
You learnt nothing from the Wonder Woman shill debacle
>>
>>93198490
> one run from the 1980s

So there is an expiration date on quality or something? Keep the Goal Post moving friend.
>>
File: 04.jpg (10KB, 183x161px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
10KB, 183x161px
>>93198511
>one run from the 1980s is good, therefore later runs are good
>>
>>93198523
What later friends newfriend? Bring them up and we can talk about them. I can't help but notice how your argument is becoming increasingly specific and reduced with every exchange.
>>
>>93198404
Yeah that's how logic works. Good job.

I mean, If only Fiege had a fanbase that would loyally defend movies like Iron Man 2, Thor 2 and Age of Ultron beyond the point of reason for years on end using increasingly absurd and contrarian kinography logic to justify unsubstantiable claims using literally nothing more than the claim that their taste in movies is "objectively" superior to your own as the sole basis for every argument.

It's okay though. Snyder shits on the MCU, Afleck casts shade on the MCU, DCEU fanboys ravenously shit on anything MCU related to no end but Fiege has no harsh words for anyone and somehow he and the MCU are still the bad guys here. This is, this is the world you live in, this is how mentally unhealthy you are.
>>
>>93198523
> still no response to the She-Hulk examples.

Keke
>>
>>93198503
Yeah that's what happened. Good work.
>>
>>93198546
That's a cool straw man but I think it would work better if you weren't the first guy to bring the company wars cancer to this thread. People are complaining about him pushing back a female lead superhero movie and the comic writers from Marvel shit talking about DC a hundred thousand times more than the other way around

I really don't understand why the MCU movies, so optimistic and innocent, to a fault really, attracts such an awful fanbase to be honest. It may have to do with fans being salty because they think the movies are more than what the actual filmmakers doing them want them to be, but I'm not a shrink so who knows
>>
>>93198635
I really didn't understand any of that post. Was that supposed to sarcasm? Irony? I'm not exactly sure in what context I'm supposed to be reading such a grammatical nightmare.
>>
I would believe him if there weren't jabs at the word rebirth in a published book, sending in covers of DC books for variant covers, an obnoxious post from a creative that tried to make fun of DC for not having a Wonder Woman movie before Rocket Raccoon got in a movie and putting creatives on mini series unless they sign an exclusivity contract.
>>
>>93198686
Half of those aren't even by people in Marvel.
>>
>>93198739
One isn't. .25 != .5
>>
>>93198773
Okay.
>>
>>93198551
>>93198523
Let's see: Byrne's was good, but that was decades ago. The rest are shit. So no "several acclaimed runs" for her.
Elektra: Miller's was good, the rest wasn't. So no "several acclaimed runs" for her either.
Spider-Woman: you gotta be kidding.
>>
>>93198846
And all of Carol's runs have been good. Plus she's great in team books too.
>>
File: (0) 6.jpg (19KB, 338x307px) Image search: [Google]
(0) 6.jpg
19KB, 338x307px
>>93198868
>all of Carol's runs have been good
>she's great in team books too
>>
>>93193969
>Oh, sorry about that Supes.
>Hey, it's ok. It's my fault for putting it there to begin with and it really doesn't affect me. To be honest, I kinda drink it for empathy.
>Still, I feel like I owe you one. Let me buy you to something to compensate. I insist.
>Ok, Cap. Thank you
>A-Are they flirting?
>No Diana. They are being friendly.
>Are you sure, Bruce? Cause that feels like flirting
>What is it with you and gay stuff? Jesus
>I just want my Gargarean doujins to be real
>>
>>93194193
>"that faggot they named the awards after"

Well, Ennis was right for once.
>>
>>93198970
I would read a fanfic of this.
>>
>>93198022
>I liked that she had some neat similarities with Gambit in that they were both thieves.

actual fucking chemistry, right? Not necessarily romantic (she was never a man hater) but something more than "we African" as if that was somehow enough.
>>
>>93198868
>And all of Carol's runs have been good. Plus she's great in team books too.
We rejoiced yesterday over Android 18 curbstomping her in a deathbattle matchup and half of us don't even care for DBZ.
>>
>>93197686
Is that why Ultimate Adventures existed?
I've always wondered what the hell that thing was since I read it in one of those old "Complete Marvel Ultimate Collection" torrents back in the day.
>>
>>93188534
The problem is Marvel has a very small number of good female characters who aren't mutants or the mantle of a male character.
>>
File: 1445714862781.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1445714862781.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>93200920
>Death Battle fans
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (18KB, 223x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
18KB, 223x300px
>>93200990
Yeah, it was a big publicity stunt. At the time, Marvel raised the prices on three critically acclaimed but low-selling titles by like a quarter (PAD's Captain Marvel, Priest's Black Panther, and Spider-Girl I think). David didn't like it and said this wouldn't help sales, Jemas started to snipe back at him, somehow Quesada was involved but it was mostly those two.

So at the end they decided they would have a competition to see who could sell the most books (this was all due to low sales, and Jemas saying he could sell more books than PAD. Had Joe said it, maybe, he's a comic pro after all. Coming from never-wrote-or-drew-a-comic Jemas was hilarious). David did a relaunched Captain Marvel with a new #1 and some nice Alex Ross covers. Jemas had Marville, possibly the worst comic book ever created. Quesada edited Ultimate Adventures, and that was his 'entry' into all this. Whoever sold the least amount of books would have to take a pie to the face.

UA always felt like a "hey maybe we can launch another book out of this" add-on. That or Joe was trying to help his boss not get pied. I have no idea who lost.
>>
>>93188541
Friendship would mean 'Captain Marvel' as a character name would be freely shared between the two companies.
Let me know when that happens.
>>
>>93188847
Based Russos made a great movie regardless. When you paint a picture of 'what we could have gotten', be sure to include Weadon in that mix too.
>>
>>93202693
Marvel isn't stopping DC from calling Billy Captain Marvel. That was a choice that DC decided to make of their own free will when the New 52 happened. Morrison still called him Captain Marvel in the Thunderworld issue of Multiversity.
>>
File: 1496543352402.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496543352402.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>93188534
Marvel has no good female characters, at least none that would sell. Black Widow would have been a huge blunder.
>>
>>93202805
They know Billy's a nothing character compared to Carol. He can't compete.
>>
>>93202805
>Morrison still called him Captain Marvel in the Thunderworld issue of Multiversity.
Yeap. As as Johns is behind DC and he is behind "Shazam" he will push his new version. Forget about captail marvel. Johns gets a lot of money due royalties. Rebirth was only about characters Johns like and he didnt work on the changes. That's why Batman wasn't rebirthed and billy will stay shazam
>>93202723
The russos make decent flicks, Zulu is a great movie, the godfather is a great movie, blade runner is a great movie. Fuck off hyperbolic manchild
>>
>>93189182

That wasn't about rap music, it was about criminal gang rivalries being put under a microscope and then blown out of control due to the media.
>>
>>93202723
The Russos made the best movie they could probably make given that it was not so much a movie as a set of corporate goals: they had to put in Iron Man (to compete with BvS), set up the Spider-Man and Black Panther movies, make Ant-Man more popular so his sequel does well, etc. They did all this well and that's not nothing, as you can see from how Whedon struggled with setting up future movies.

But I still feel like after doing a good job in his first two movies, Chris Evans got cheated out of his third movie. I know the filmmakers insisted it was really a Cap movie, but it really wasn't, it was half a Cap movie.
>>
>>93188489
The Marvel/DC rivalry is like when parents get really into the sport their kid is playing. It breeds more resentment for the power dynamic than anything else. The kids just wanna play.
>>
>>93198970
>>93199004

Bullshit. Most Marvel heroes would be considered criminals by the DC side
>>
>>93191403
This.

People underestimate how much the apathy can pile up from continuous disappointments.
>>
>>93208389
That explains why the MCU is dying.
>>
>>93201131
Hey man you get no argument from me, I'm just pointing out how detested Carol is these days
>>
>>93202821
>Marvel has no good female characters
She-Hulk
this is where you greentext and admit you never read any of her books prior to 2014
>>
>>93189761
>the actors for DC and Marvel are the ones taking potshots
I only remember Mackie trashing DC but the rest are pretty cool with DC actors
>>
>>93208753
She's good, but like I said she would crash at the box office. Hard to market "Hulk, but a girl!"
>>
>>93209076
"Green with giant tits!"
your move
>>
>>93198356
I guess it's about what we expected. We got a good Avengers film wrapped up in a good Cap film. But we could've had a great Cap film on it's own if they'd taken the Avengers elements out of it. It would've been tighter, more prescient -- it would've been more like The Winter Soldier, which is still the best MCU film I've seen. Basically, knowing we could've got "Winter Soldier 2.0" instead of "Avengers 2.5 -- Better than Ultron"... I can't help but feel like there was missed potential there. In other words, it's more a matter of the type of film made, rather than the overall quality. This isn't "Kingdom come -- but better" it's "Kingdom Come" vs "Kingdom Come w/ Archie as a prominent side character." still could be a cool take on Archie, but it wouldn't be Pure Mark Waid.
>>
>>93208626
lel. it's as strong as ever. unless you think it's been dying since Avengers.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.