[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird /co/ related things you did as a kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: j-jonah-jameson.png (584KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson.png
584KB, 720x540px
>Spiderman 2 came out
>I wrote fake Daily Bugle newspapers and pretended that I hated Spiderman
>I told them that Spiderman was a menace
>Everyone believed me
>>
>read Miller's DD run
>walk around with sunglasses and a cane pretending to be blind
>every so often catch a falling cup or step out of the way of a car
>give mischievous wink to witness implying there's something more to my blindness than meets the eye
>>
Would talk to myself while playing with my toys acting like I was in a commercial
>>
>ATLA comes out as my brother, my cousin and I are all pre-teens
>obviously obsessed with it
>whenever there was a family dinner we'd go out into the backyard or go to the park and pretend to be benders fighting zombies
>why zombies? why not, we were kids
>>
>>93179832
How did they tell you were winking when you wore sunglasses?
>>
File: 356.jpg (48KB, 299x470px) Image search: [Google]
356.jpg
48KB, 299x470px
>>93180455

Good question
>>
>>93179592
>Owned '66 Batman movie and watched the hell out of it.
>Train myself to talk like Adam West to become the bat
>Call my friends Ol' Chum
>Always use amazing alterations
>Talk slooowly and deliberately
>School tells my parents and think I'm retarded
>Not autistic, not slow processing, but like, actually retarded
>Parents tell me to stop, but I don't listen to that sinister school's terrible teachers
>Decide to solve mysteries
>Solve who pooped in the boys bathroom it was a girl named Lilly
>Take on a Robin because my kindergarten bros think I'm the shit
>Take on an Alfred who literally just did nothing but compliment me
>Become Batchad of my class
>All because I talk like Adam West

I mean, eventually, I stopped by about 2nd grade, but I was weird. Maybe it's why I'm an actor. My family's friends and other kids' parents liked it, though, but strangers were always tripped out. Thank god I wasn't autistic enough to never notice that I was being weird. I still try to emulate those I am inspired by, though. Like, you know, follow by example. That and I'm an actor now, so it's kind my job to embody a character. Childhood was fun.
>>
File: 131368657723905659374_L.jpg (29KB, 700x390px) Image search: [Google]
131368657723905659374_L.jpg
29KB, 700x390px
>After watching Power Rangers for the first time I used to find any "weapon" I could and pretend to be every ranger.
>I even made up my own villains and new rangers and acted them out I even designed them.
>Did this with multiple series including Batman,DBZ,X-men, Spiderman etc.
>This continued from 4 until 15 years old.
>>
>>93180851
>design them
How? Like, draw 'em in school and shit?
>>
>>93180870
Yes, sadly 20 damn characters sadly i forgot most of them.
>>
>>93180889
Was there a Rainbow RAnger. I knew this one kid in my class who insisted rainbow was a single color and made a power ranger rainbow. It was themed after a hamster which was strange.
>>
>>93180918
No but I used orange, purple, and silver. I was obsessed with rainbows until my teacher told me rainbows will make me gay. I also like tigers and monkeys.
>>
when we were little me and my friends used to play a smash bros mash-up with the last airbender and power rangers and naruto
>>
File: marlonbrandojorel.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
marlonbrandojorel.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
> I remember beliving wholeheartedly in my youth that God looked like Jor-El as potrayed by Marlon Brando
>>
>>93181042
My God always looked like Billy Joel. Then I one day decided that he was Optimus Prime, and I literally went to church to worship him.

Or so my parents told me.
>>
>>93180968
Your teacher is part of the problem killing rainbows for straight men
>>
>>93181042
You and me both, anon. Though I always threw in a little Darth Vader, too.

I had a lot of animal-related misconceptions as a child - like you could go fishing by just dipping a branch in water (any water), or that squirrels are remarkably easy to tame. I blame my parents for not letting me outside more, but in retrospect, I can see their side - late 80s DC wasn't exactly child-friendly.
>>
File: 12d.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>be me
>made up an imaginary franchise
>superhero task force made up of superhero squad, raving rabbits, martha speaks, transformers, sonic, and a few more franchises
>deviantart.jpg
>thought i was an alien from another planet who landed in my mom's belly in a tiny spaceship
>we fought people who made unhappy endings in cartoons
>like those episodes where the characters have something bad happen to them at the end
>hated those as a kid
>once got trapped in a closet pretending that it was an elevator to the secret base
>made very cringey original ideas with my imagination
>iron man had a girlfriend named iron girl
>made up a fake metal like adamantium called antanium
>one of the characters was a rabbit dressed up like spiderman like from raving rabbits 2

Would you want me to make a fanfiction out of this and post it here?
>>
File: IMG_20161222_1xxxxx14021.png (316KB, 398x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161222_1xxxxx14021.png
316KB, 398x788px
>>93181119
Yes
>>
>>93181119
Please do it
>>
>>93179592
>read AvP stuff
>try to make predator like booby traps
>>
>>93181119
Fuck you this shit sounds amazing, write it down
>>
File: theneilsquad.jpg.png (409KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
theneilsquad.jpg.png
409KB, 1024x904px
>>93181233
>>93181271
>>93181370
ok then
>the neil squad
>enter base of all the villains of each franchise i named
>they are plotting to take over the world by hypnotizing everyone
>martha sees them
>finds where i live
>tells me that im an alien from a long lost civilization who landed in my mom's belly and i have special powers
>assemble people from my favorite franchises to fight the bad guys
>goes to stop bad guys attacking a train
>we stop them
>we are heroes
>we go and fight in a field
>all the people are hypnotized
>im not but they capture me
>the heroes break out of the spell and save me
>the city is under attack at night because final battles at night in a city is always cool
>all the civilians are hypnotized
>i stop the villains but they will see me next time
>we throw a huge concert to celebrate
>the end
>>
>>93181535
I could see it being released in the 90's as a movie still faggoty as fuck thoguh mí a familia
>>
>>93181535
I cried
>>
>>93180687
good for you, man!
>>
I'd stick action figures up my ass and pretend I was the incredible hulk.
>>
>>93181119
By God, you must because I did the same thing
>>
File: 1373600054600.jpg (145KB, 700x973px) Image search: [Google]
1373600054600.jpg
145KB, 700x973px
>>93179592
Most of my childhood /co/ autism involved wearing costumes
>wore a Red Ranger costume nearly every day for a year when I was four
>had my mom make me capes and masks to wear and pretend to fly and fight crime
>attached the teeth of an old rake to gloves and pretended to be Wolverine

My wife recently unearthed a really nice Superman cape from her old box of costumes, and sometime I want to wear it while I fuck her
>>
File: e20.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>93182741
I'm intrigued. What was it like?
>>
Not /co/ related but I made my own Ratchet and Clank OC with the mandatory overly elaborate ad overpowered abilities
>>
>>93182813
Well, it was great. I had plenty of toys to play with growing up from a plethora of paltforms. Frickin' Godzilla, Ultraman, DC, Marvel, Terminator, AVP, Those monsters from Primal Rage, Gamera, and even some universal monster stuff. I still own the majority of them, too as collectibles, but I'll never forget that time.

It honestly helped me develop my writing skills, I think, because I created entire friggin story arcs and would think about complex themes and character motivation...all for a silly adventure where Goku meets the Hulk and chills with him. I'd, of course, self-insert myse4lf. I was a kid, and I had my own kingdom. The characters were alive, in my mind. I remember reading "A Dark Night" by Paul Dini, and seeing the part where he opens his bedroom as a kid and all of his characters were there for him. It was like that exactly. I came home, had my own imaginary world, and I could be ANYTHING. Sometimes, I'd have to get created with my toys, though. I had this one arc where there's a bad future where these giant people who were built atop robotic skeletons took over the future. I used my big hulk figures for that. It was like Attack on Titan fucked the Terminator. I also got weird ideas, like an alternate universe Spider-Man got bombarded with cosmic rays, and became this giant zombie-like psychopath. Godzilla kicked his ass. He was the biggest mother fucker in my whole multiverse and still my favorite character ever. I remember about this time every summer as a kid, I'd get all my "monsters" from previous stories as well as other ones and Godzilla himself, and have them all go in a tournament and kill each other Hunger Games style (before it was even published, of course). The victor would be the King of the Monsters, and Godzilla, no matter what, defied all odds in the end. God, I had so many stories, just writing them down is flooding my memory.

The stuff I came up with then was like fanfiction being fucked by Grant Morrison's cosmic cock.
>>
>Be kid.
>Love Dexter's Laboratory.
>Decide to build my own secret laboratory.
>Spend weeks scavenging an assortment of nuts and bolts wherever I could to get started.
>Once I have a bag full of of them I sit down in my backyard to get started.
>Realize I have no idea how to do it and no interest in actually doing science.

I still have that bag of bolts, though.
>>
>>93183342
that's pretty adorable dude
>>
>>93179592
>around 4 or 5 years old
>used to imagine spiderman and doctor conors going to mcdonalds
>someone would bully them
>spiderman would change into man spider and conors into the lizard and they bullies would run away
>they both changed back and bought mcdonalds
>>
>>93179592
I was friends with this one special needs kid that liked the last Airbender so I would get fans and water bottles so he could pretend he was the Avatar
>>
File: fire_community.gif (961KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
fire_community.gif
961KB, 245x250px
>>93183647
Thank god you didn't give him fire.
>>
>>93180687
Adam West Anon, are you the one always solving those Riddler threads?
>>
>>93183829
No. I wish I was, but no. That Anon, whoever he or she may be, is a fucking hero, though.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.