[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superman Today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0055.png (117KB, 288x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.png
117KB, 288x384px
Okay. Comics, when Superman got the reboot like everyone else we started from page one but since then-

How is he?
How is he these days- is Superman inspiring? Does he help people, do kids look up to him and shit?

Writing for Superman in the comics industry is a big fucking deal as far as I know- like compared to...I dunno. That guy that controls robots with the T on his head. So is the writer doing any good?

Is Superman being not only a stand up individual but one who composes himself in the way he hopes others will emulate?

>...or is it Zack Snyder Superman?
>>
How about you just read some comics?
>>
>>93174239
The Superman Rebirth comics by Tomasi have been really good. The Family dynamic is fun. And the Dinosaur Island issue deticated to Cooke was great.

Jurgens Action Comics is Jurgens being Jurgens. If you like Jurgens, then you will like his comics. Overall, not offensive.

Super Sons is also good.
>>
>>93174239
>>...or is it Zack Snyder Superman?
it's not
now fuck off
>>
>>93175825
I liked Jurgens '90s Superman stuff, but I tried to read Action Comics and gave up after three issues of a really long fight scene with Doomsday.

It was barely even a story, it was just a bunch of things happening in a sequence.
>>
>>93174239
Read some comics or fuck off back to your home board, /tv/shitter.
>>
File: supermad.jpg (50KB, 326x639px) Image search: [Google]
supermad.jpg
50KB, 326x639px
>I dunno. That guy who controls robots with the T on his head
T-SPHERES
MR. TERRIFIC
REEEEEE NORMIES.
No, but modern Superman comics should scratch that itch for you. Tomasi's current run has Clark being a family man and grooming Jon to control his powers and balancing life as Superman with life as a husband and a father.
>>
>>93174239
he's fine, a lot better than most of the other grimdark titles
>>
File: AlVR7DN.jpg (79KB, 886x632px) Image search: [Google]
AlVR7DN.jpg
79KB, 886x632px
>>93174239
> Zack Snyder's Superman...
> Saved BILLIONS of lives multiple times...

> Not a stand up individual...
> Not emulation worthy...
> Doesn't help people...
All because he doesn't endlessly grin like a retard...
>>
File: 1486007230596.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486007230596.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>93178954
I'd trust Injustice-Superman to save me before I'd trust the Man of Murder.
>>
>>93179381
Then your genuinely fucking insane.
>>
File: 1490730267591.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
1490730267591.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
>>93179400
says the snyder fan. Oh I am laffin
>>
I'm a Snyder hater. Superman comics are gud these days. Read 'em.
>>
>>93179426
There is nothing insane about acknowledging that Superman factually is incredibly heroic and saved billions of lives in the films, it is fucking insane to deny it when it factually provably took place on screen.
>>
File: 1496256405748.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1496256405748.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>93179912
>deny it
Where did I do that? Go on, fucking point to it.

Oh look, you can't.

Go back to your /r/DC_Cinematic circle jerk safe space.
>>
File: HeroicSupermanDCEU.jpg (354KB, 1200x1181px) Image search: [Google]
HeroicSupermanDCEU.jpg
354KB, 1200x1181px
>>93179426
Anon, you are truly retarded.
>>
>>93177463

The Path to Doomsday is not particularly good. But I blame Berganza a bit for that and probably because they need some placeholders while Tomasi and Gleason was world building. It would have made more sense if they used that first arc in Action to deal with some of the stories Jurgen's seeded in the Lois & Clark mini, like say Blanque or the space stone and Hycinth or whatever her name was.

Parts of Path of Doom set up some stuff, like unpowered/human Clark Kent, Trial of Lex, and whatever is going on with that either has to do with Oz, etc. but that could have been in one issue or even, at most, a two parter.

Trial of Lex is, again, over long but better. Past that, Action is worth reading.
>>
>>93179953
>calls other people reddit

>doesn't like BvS
>>
>>93181417
not him, but reddit fucking loves BvS
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.