[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project: Multiverse Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 32

File: heroes.jpg (149KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
149KB, 600x586px
At least until a better name comes along

>What is this?
An attempt at creating a superhero-centric zine for /co/mrades by /co/mrades, much in the vein of Premier Comics. It would feature superhero stories from all over a shared /co/ multiverse, possibly featuring crossovers between different universes later down the line.

>How can I contribute?
Right now we need pretty much everything and everyone: writers, artists (both pencillers and colorists), editors, you name it. Just sound off below if you feel like you've got a good enough idea for the zine.
Editors would be extremely appreciated right now, as we need to organize this thing first and foremost.

>So what is this thread for?
Figure out how to organize this thing, possibly set up a discord, establish how many pages long each issue is going to be and the minimum and maximum of pages allowed per story, release schedule, finding a way to host these comics, etcetera.

There's a multiverse of possibilities awaiting you inside, so join in!
>>
Just a bump and a name suggestion

Crisis of infinite Idea guys
>>
>>93171170
Here goes.

I've got an ongoing superhero comic that's just completed and released its 5th issue.

I was also the co-editor of a comic anthology that involved over 2 dozen contributors. I successfully crowdfunded the project and reached a total of over 36K USD.

I've also been able to secure a book deal with a publishing house for a graphic novel to be released in fall 2019.

If we start a discord I'll get into specifics. Right now I'm just laying out my credentials.
>>
File: Hangman_8.jpg (52KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
Hangman_8.jpg
52KB, 400x551px
Missed the last thread but I guess I can drop this here.

I had an idea about using public domain heroes to create a universe. Maybe have it centralized around Comet and Hangman. Comet being a scientist that's blessed with super powers however they make him go mad and he dies a villain. Hangman would be in the mafia and turns his life around in his brothers memory. I'd be about what makes someone a hero and all that. I also played with the idea that Stardust would play a role. Maybe he would be the reason for Comet to get his powers and an inspiration for the rise of super heroes. I thought about having Phantom Lady show up as well.

I also had the idea to use public domain sci-fi heroes for a raygun gothic style space opera.
>>
>>93171528
Any tips for writing. I could drop a discord link for an old /co/ chat we had for another idea
>>
>>93171170
It's so weird /co/ seems to move on from this sort of thing when I'm interested, and then gets into it when I've moved on.

I guess my one contribution is to take a page from Hypertime and Image comics, in that allow creators to decide how canon they want any of this crossing over to be. It makes things lofty of course, but allowing more flexibility should help people feel less apprehensive about getting involved in the event their ideas get misused, overshadowed or what not permanently.
>>
>>93171528
Discord link

https://discord.gg/XPqG4
>>
>>93171513
Fifth World.

>>93171528
Very nicely done. Post some of your work when you get the chance.

Aspiring writer to be here that's working on his series bible atm and hating every minute of it. I keep thinking I'm not doing actual work but I need to remind myself that every word I type is bringing me closer to a fully realized world filled with characters the audience can care about.

As soon as this thing gets done (and I mean done done with lettered pages and everything), you better believe I'm going to post that shit here. Because of /co/ I've had the oppurtunity to read treasure troves of comics and the least I can do is give back.

>>93171632
Make sure you have your actual story already written out with a beginning, ending, and everything inbetween. This may seem obvious but if you start working on something more focused like a script there's the chance your story won't work out and you'll either have to end the story prematurely or asspull your way to victory.
>>
>>93171170
I have a superhero thing I'm working on but I can hang out with you guys until this project inevitably dies.
>>
>>93171751
>until this project inevitably dies.
Such is the fate with all /co/ projects.
>>
>>93171751
Don't let it die. Start writing that shit down and see what you have. You may surprise yourself. Also prior thread here.
>>93069584
>>
>>93171170
Ok, I know this is dumb as shit, I know it very well, but I'm posting it anyway.
Earlier the first thin it crossed my mind for a name for this was Ecoverse (e/co/verse), but that sounded like something ecological related.
So I thought writing it Echoverse was maybe better, as in a lot of voices and different ideas "echoing together".
And there's also this:
>Echo verse; a type of verse in which repetition of the end of a line or stanza imitates an echo. The repetition usually constitutes the entire following line and changes the meaning of the part being repeated.
I don't know, it somewhat has a metaphoric meaning; if we're going to dump different ideas into the same universe (we're doing that?) each new story kinda has to follow a cohesiveness with what the previous writers did, right?
As in avoid causing contradictions and such.

Please, don't be to harsh with this stupid idea, it's the first thing that came to my mind.
>>
>>93171794
I get started on that right now.
>>
>>93171632
>Any tips for writing

Nothing to it but to do it. For me getting started is the hardest part. But don't really concentrate on how you might (and probably will) fuck up. Just do it and fix it later.

And before you try looking for an artist you should put together the best script you can in the way only you can. You should write a few actually. Don't get attached to them either because they will not be sticking around.

These are now your portfolio. Now people know you're serious and ready to work. But depending on how you respond they'll also know the sort of person you are and if they can work with you. And the most important part is they'll know what you're capable of.

Start with short scripts. Don't throw a bunch of graphic novels or full-length superhero issues in people's faces. Nobody wants to work with those dudes.

Take criticism graciously even if you think it's garbage. It's better to move on and apply the crit you think works than to get in arguments with others and acquire a bad reputation.

There is no guarantee for getting work or making your dream project. In fact I fell into this stuff through a lot of luck and perseverance. But this will get you started and as I said before, getting started is the hardest part.
>>
Is Bored-Drawfriend still here?

If so, I have another request.

Actually, can we post designs here and get input on them?

I'm not sure about the color scheme I'm working with.
>>
File: Inferno.gif (8KB, 554x565px) Image search: [Google]
Inferno.gif
8KB, 554x565px
>>93171835
Doing the same right now. Gonna put a cape film on the background and knock out enough words to put me at my count for the day. Stephen King said 2000 words a day and while that initially sounds daunting, as long as you keep plugging at it eventually it will get done.

>>93171849
>Don't throw a bunch of graphic novels or full-length superhero issues in people's faces. Nobody wants to work with those dudes.
Listen to this anon. I plan on making a superhero universe as my magnum opus, but I fully understand that starting with a grand project like that is probably a little too ambitious (but if the scripts are already done, I say fucking go for it). Instead, I'm going to try and pump out a couple four issue minis to show you can tell a story. Also by having the stories be in different style (one sci fi, the other horror), you can demonstrate that you can write for different artists.

>>93171849
>>Take criticism graciously even if you think it's garbage. It's better to move on and apply the crit you think works than to get in arguments with others and acquire a bad reputation.
Another line of gold. Never every piece of criticism is going to push you in the right direction. I had one of my friends read my comic and while she offered a few good points, she said one of my characters was poorly written (the character was suffering from depression) when in fact he was written perfectly fine and she was simply unable to empathasize/understand someone like that. Does that mean I should discount everyhting she says....absolutely not. Just take it with a grain of salt.

Unspecified Tips.
1. Count your words. Page space is limited so be wary of that.
2. Speak all of your dialog aloud.
3. Have a panel layout in mind when writing (just to help make sure everything fits).
4, Make sure your story has a definitive ending. It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you know that's where it ends.
5. Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
6. It's your story, make it your own.
>>
>>93172083
>Stephen King said 2000 words a day
Goddamn. Fuck you Stephen King.
>>
>>93172083
>Instead, I'm going to try and pump out a couple four issue minis to show you can tell a story.
Think even smaller, anon. 4-8 pages is the best spot for very early writers because artists are expensive and charge by the page.
>>
>>93172188
>artists are expensive and charge by the page
Holy shit this is the truth. What happened to the age of collaboration? Have internet commissions killed this thought?
>>
>>93172150
He writes more than that.

He recommends 2000 words for BEGINNERS.
>>
>>93172188
>>93172188
>artists are expensive and charge by the page.
Don't I know it, but if I'm going to shell out for an artist I at least want a finished product of something I care about rather than a 4-8 page setup I use to get their attention.

>>93172292
>>93172292
>What happened to the age of collaboration?
Collaboration still totally exist. It's just that most artists such their own cock a bit too much and overestimate their importance. If worse comes to worse you can pencil it yourself and hire a letterer/inker (nowhere near what you'd pay for a penciler).

I'm banking on them finding the project intriguing enough that they'd want to form a partnership (giving them a significant degree of creative input). If not, I'll pay their fee but they can suck my cock if they think they're getting a single dime past that point.
>>
>>93171170
If that annoying REEE NO PROSE ONLY SCRIPTS guy stays in then this project will die. His autism is too powerful for anything resembling a group dynamic.
>>
>>93172292
To quote lyricist Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr.
>Now this types of shit, happens all the time
You got to get yours but fool I gotta get mine
>>
>>93172292
Nope. There's still a lot of artists who'd love to collab. They've just become much harder to find. Not even a few years ago you could find them hanging out in random forums, or on dA, tumblr and even reddit. But it's really hard to advertise that on twitter or some portfolio. You've gotta do some detective work and track people down these days.
>>
>>93172410
>I'll pay their fee but they can suck my cock if they think they're getting a single dime past that point.
I feel like you definitely need to make sure you get a lawyer to draft up a contract if you go that route. It just sucks because I'm such ass at drawing and I work as an American wage-serf, barely living paycheck to paycheck. No way could I afford to pay an artist the rate I see them asking.
>>
I've been having a realization that my writing was being influenced by RHatO. And as the preview thread mentioned, he does too much narration. Hence I've noticed my writing is crammed with narration. Gonna try and see if it can be edited down but chances are I need to rework the whole thing.

>>93172188
I have a hard time imagining an 8 page story. I suppose the big 2 have spoiled me. What are some 8 page stories you recommend to get an idea of length?
>>
>>93172460
That's why you get a second job and start saving up.
If you really want to create, you will find a way.
>>93172496
I guess you can just start here. They're pretty hit or miss, but they get the idea across.
https://premierpulp.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/premier-comics-winter-2016/
>>
Artist and writer here. I'm thagomizer-art.com

Interested mostly in short horror stories but will delve into cool genre stuff too
>>
>>93172595
Gonna be bookmarking this.
How much do you charge per page? Been wanting to do some horror stuff.
>>
>>93171727
>Fifth World.
I like it, but I'd rather avoid any copyright issues.
>>
File: globe-73397_960_720.jpg (213KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
globe-73397_960_720.jpg
213KB, 960x678px
>>93172748
Sixth WOrld?
Seventh World?
Echoverse Wasn't bad but it doesn't quite drive home the point that what we would need is a Multiverse. Badly.
>Actually we'd probably need an omniverse because many of us may already have multiverse projects in the works (I have at least 3 different universes in my own work) so combining my multiverse and someone else's probably wouldn't be what's necessary.
>>
>>93172595
As an artist, if you had to guestimate how much you would charge to pencil eight separate 24 page stories? And let's forget lettering (I might be able to pull that off if necessary) and inking (i'll worry about that once I see fully penciled pages).
>>
>>93172292
I'd be fine with working with a writer but I have overly specific requirements that no one would meet.
>>
>>93173002
>but I have overly specific requirements
Let's see it.
>>
Have we set up a Discord yet? If not:
https://discord.gg/rGSaquC

>>93172945
/co/mniverse
>>
>>93172945
Fucktupleverse?
>>
>>93173026
No references to other things.
No /co/.
>>
>>93173054
Metaverse?
Ultiverse?
Supraverse?
>>
>>93173054
All Online Comics? Give it that Golden age kind of name.
>>
>>93173019
Must be around my age bracket.
Would prefer if you were a leaf.
Has to actually be good at writing and not just an ideas guy. The most important one, also post sample of work.
Should have similar tastes that I have.
Bonus points if you are a girl.
>>
>>93173251
>Has to actually be good at writing and not just an ideas guy. The most important one, also post sample of work.
This makes sense. No one wants to work with a guy who can't deliver.

>Should have similar tastes that I have.
This is... weird, but somewhat understandable.

>Must be around my age bracket.
This is weird as well.

>Would prefer if you were a leaf.
Why?

>Bonus points if you are a girl.
???
>>
>>93173319
Being a leaf probably opens them up to getting a grant or some sort of shortcut to a Canadian publisher. Canadian aublishers are more willing to work with non-Leaf artists than they are writers because of the country's culture of keeping Canadian things distinct from the US.

Also a lot of people from outside the US find US writers to be obnoxious to work with for a lot of reasons.

As an American writer I both get it and also find it sorta silly. But it's not anything I have to worry about personally, so it's no big deal.

Best not to dwell on it and just get back to building this multiverse anthology.

Anyone currently in the discord?
>>
>>93173319
>>Has to actually be good at writing and not just an ideas guy. The most important one, also post sample of work.
I could do that. I wouldn't even want to contact an artist until I had a finished project to show them.

>>Should have similar tastes that I have.
>This is... weird, but somewhat understandable.
Huge fan of cape comics (all cape comics), but still a fan of sci-fi, horror, mystery/crime, and slice of life comics (as long as it's leading somehwere -- i hate stories that meander into nothing like QUestionable Content).

>>Must be around my age bracket.
I'm 28. Also fuck you.

>>Would prefer if you were a leaf.
And I would prefer if you weren't part of America's attic but whatevs.

>>Bonus points if you are a girl.
Bonus points if you weren't a subjective prick.

>>93173319
Dude seems like a huge douchecanoe. Not an artist you wanna deal with.
>>
>>93171170
sounds interesting. but not sure i should waste my ideas on your project.
>>
>>93173473
>should waste my ideas on your project
Just pack up your stuff and leave when it dies
>>
>>93173421
>Anyone currently in the discord?
Two people.

>>93173473
>waste
Don't act like you're hot shit while you're a nobody, senpai. You'll get nowhere in life like that.
>>
>>93173527
>Don't act like you're hot shit while you're a nobody, senpai.
Not him, but this project has a whole lot riding against it.
First, people will probably force this into a "4chan /co/" thing, so your work will be indirectly associated with alt-right crypto-Nazi Cambodian shadow puppet usenet group.
Second, people on 4chan are notoriously non-committal and prone to topic drift; I've been involved in both /tg/ and /toy/ groups that disintegrated within days. One started out as a discussion group for a toyline and devolved into the resident stoners talking about how great weed was.
Third, you're a nobody namecalling people and generally being overly aggressive. If I were getting paid I'd ignore you but if I'm doing this for free I don't want to associate with a pretentious twat such as yourself.
>>
>>93173527
At some level he's right though. This site is a breeding ground for hateful selfish people to try and take advantage of anything and everything presented in front of them, which in this case my include a /co/mrades story in progress. Say what you will, but thieves can and will take everything they can, even story premises that may just be in the infancy stage because they thought it was better than the shit they come up.
>>
>>93173473
How would they be "wasted"? Obviously every creative team would retain ownership of their characters and stories, this is a given.
>>
>>93173719
>First, people will probably force this into a "4chan /co/" thing, so your work will be indirectly associated with alt-right crypto-Nazi Cambodian shadow puppet usenet group.
This is a given. However, the whole point of the project is to get people's stories out there, and have people like them. Despite the "by /co/mrades for /co/mrades" part of the OP, I doubt these stories would be exclusively aimed at your average 4chan user but at all readers.

>Second, people on 4chan are notoriously non-committal and prone to topic drift; I've been involved in both /tg/ and /toy/ groups that disintegrated within days. One started out as a discussion group for a toyline and devolved into the resident stoners talking about how great weed was.
Yes, this is true, but you forget that people in 4chan HAVE managed to make stuff. /co/ DID manage to make Premier Pulp. /tg/ DID manage to make a board game. And so on and so forth. That's what the discord is there for, so people can't hide behind the veil of anonymity and actually deliver.

>Third, you're a nobody namecalling people and generally being overly aggressive.
???
How am I being overly aggressive? For all you know, that was my first post in this entrie thread.

If I were getting paid I'd ignore you but if I'm doing this for free I don't want to associate with a pretentious twat such as yourself.
Yikes.

>>93173731
Obviously everyone would have to sort out their legal shit first, every character and story would belong to their creators.
>>
>>93173731
It's really not a bad idea in general. Every story I finish I think back on all of the best parts of it, and think how I could do something similar or better. Everything at this stage is so vague and raw that it doesn't take much derivation to come up with your own unique ideas. Most of these ideas will stay on the cutting room floor or never materialize anyways, so it at least is a fun exercise for yourself
>>
Just barely 50 posts in and already arguing.
DOA
>>
>>93174168
The previous thread was so comfy for the most part, I don't know what happened here.
>>
>>93174025
>How am I being overly aggressive? For all you know, that was my first post in this entrie thread.
Because you have the exact same long-winded posting style as the guy who was posting last thread while spamming random images. And you use reddit spacing in your posts.
>>
File: supervillain-logos_378935.jpg (56KB, 380x470px) Image search: [Google]
supervillain-logos_378935.jpg
56KB, 380x470px
>>93174288
I'm actually that guy and the fact you preemptively started attack your own like this is goddamn glorious. Keep at it my pretties. Your pettiness and ego will engulf you all!
>>
>>93174288
I don't know what to tell you, man. If you're talking about the guy sperging out about prose or whatever, that wasn't me.

All I'm sayin' is, you can't barge in, being completely unknown, and think you're "too good" for a chance to get your writing out there, a FREE chance at that.

>And you use reddit spacing in your posts
No idea what this means but whatever.

Point is, I ain't here to fight, I want to contribute as much as the next guy.
>>
>>93173527
Would join the discord but I don't have any writing experience to contribute.
>>
>>93174451
That's fine, you can still learn by asking. Do you have experience in any other area? Drawing, coloring, lettering, editing, that kind of stuff? Even design is appreciated.
>>
>>93174288
I can't help myself. I have to post again. This post if fucking hysterical. You're literally looking for a reason to attack someone and decided to attack their status as someone who they aren't even fucking are. You didn't even base it off anything! You just went for it. My god, you're literally just pathetic little child who couldn't stand that someone was making you butthurt and you had to do something about it. You are literally the biggest fucking dweeb on the internet. Fucking amazing.

>>93174451
Start working on something now. I started with nothing more than the logo of a superhero I created in calculus class and that eventually turned into an entire universe of characters. Nobody starts off with any experienced (technically). Just go for it. You can fix it later.
>>
File: crimson_atom_by_jtf3-d7oza95.jpg (254KB, 440x771px) Image search: [Google]
crimson_atom_by_jtf3-d7oza95.jpg
254KB, 440x771px
>>93174242
This thread was made with the expressed intent of organizing a group. Right away the topic was going to spur conflict.
>>
>>93174490
I mean all I have posted is the RR script and that desperately needs editing.

>>93174508
I have a universe. I'm the guy who got that cyclops request and the Octopus lady. I just lack actual work to tell people I'm worth a damn.
>>
>>93174508
>>93174375
If you're just going to spur strife among us, you're free to leave. Otherwise, please do behave.
>>
Isn't there already a project like this? The weekend /co/ creation threads?
>>
>>93174620
The /co/ creations are sort of their own thing though and spans years and years of /co/ creations thread lore.
>>
>>93174539
>>93174560
>I just lack actual work to tell people I'm worth a damn.
If you start working on a series bible, that is worth a damn. It's a single compendium of everything you (or someone else) would need to understand your work and pick up if necessary. Just start compiling everything in there. Story ideas, themes, character descriptions, fantastic inventions like portal guns or black hole grenades, everything.

Every little thing that pertains to your story, no matter how broad or detailed should bei ncluded in your bible in some way shape or form (so the character descriptions you've already churned out are fair game to include). Then once you have your characters out of the way, make a section for locales that you're going to frequent (base of operations, meeting rooms, character's homes, etc). Even if it may not seem like it, if you are actively working towards making your comic a cohesive universe and doing that via text form, you're doing exactly what you need to do.

>>93174580
I ain't spurring shit. You guys are doing that all on your own and it's intoxicating.
>>
>>93174620
That's not a zine or anthology or whatever, it's just a bunch of /co/mrades creating characters that share a universe. This is more of a chance to showcase different original superhero universes/stories, they don't have to share the same universe.
>>
>>93174620
As I understood it from someone there some time ago, those things are tied to the board, there's a whole series of unspoken rules to the type and direction of collaboration and how it's tied to others. At least that's been said when someone outside the circle showed up.

Things like this are usually just done through the board. They're not necessarily tied to /co/.
>>
>>93174242
Last thread was idle chatter. This thread is more concrete and with that come more hard questions.

>>93174416
>a chance to get your writing out there, a FREE chance at that.
You do realize that it's 2017 and not 1997, right? Anyone who wants to get their writing out there will have better luck on their blog rather a no-name zine out of 4chan. Especially if they're just scripts. Hell, there's only one person interested in drawing and even then he isn't doing it for free. Who wants a zine of nothing but donut steel capeshit scripts?
>>
>>93174735
Not him, and while it's true that a 4chan zine doesn't mean jackshit in a resume, it's a fun exercise and a chance to give back to the community.

I'd like to ask everyone to chill out and see this as more of a trial run of what you'll have to go through in the real comic book industry. You'll have to deal with partnerships, trusting other people, editing, and yes, some unpleasant people. But at the end, I think this could be a real worthwhile experience.
>>
Possible names for it
Conglomics
Atomic Pile
Motley Mag
Clusterfun
Divergo-Verse
>>
>>93174670
I'm going to disagree with you. Bibles aren't that important, and it's better to actually produce something. Obviously they're important references for a writer/artist, but they're hardly better than a great elevator pitch.
>>
>>93173132
>All Online Comics
I like this. I like this a lot.
>>
File: blutocol.jpg (20KB, 286x406px) Image search: [Google]
blutocol.jpg
20KB, 286x406px
>>93174735
>Who wants a zine of nothing but donut steel capeshit scripts?
No one. Which we why we need to focus more on pushing /co/mrades to actually finish their stories and pitch them to artists rather than relegate themselves to "what ifs" and hopefully wishes that their story will get them found.

If a writer wants to be discovered, he's got three options. Option 1, find a publisher that's cool with just script submissions and do it that way. Option 2, draw it yourself,. Option 3, find an artist and work out a deal. Because most peeps on this board are still in the planning phase phase. ANd I need to reiterate, this statement isn't me being mean, it's

>>93174812
I understand your point of view but respectfully disregard it. I learned the hard way that if you start writing a story without a bible in hand (especially if your story involves a very specific chronology), you're gonna eventually write yourself into a corner because the story didn't work out the way you wanted it to. It may not happen to everyone (and if you avoided it kudos), but one needs to have an idea of who their characters are and what the fuck happens in their story before they start churning scripts out.
>Doing both at the same time is an effective tool. Setting up pages as you're adding them to the story is super useful but I find myself always going back and tweaking and once I have the story finalized I should stop doing that.
>>
>>93174811
>Atomic Pile
>Motley Mag
I like these two a lot
>>
>>93174812
Depends on the goals of the work I guess.
With a branching story universe, I would want all the who-what-when-where-whys of it to be sorted in relation to each other before trying to make a story out of it.
I've got character bios, broad story arc outlines and an extensive timeline all worked up for mine. All I've got to do is plug in dialog and I've got story after story already written.

But that's because I'm juggling several "series" that happen across different eras of the same setting. A bible was a must. I guess if you're going for something smaller in scale, then a bible wouldn't be so important.
>>
>>93175039
>I've got character bios, broad story arc outlines and an extensive timeline all worked up for mine. All I've got to do is plug in dialog and I've got story after story already written.
Reading this gave me a lore boner.

>>93175039
>I guess if you're going for something smaller in scale, then a bible wouldn't be so important.
Truth.
>>
>>93171170
I really want to help with somethig but I'm bad at drawing and I just wrote and OC YEARs ago when I used to play dcuo.
>>
>>93171942
I'm at work right now, post your request and i'll see what I can do when I get home.
>>
I mean I'd like to write comics but I don't currently have any original ideas and i'm self concious. I dunno if I could even pull something off like this at this point in my life.
>>
Id like to contribute in some way.
Is there a submissions guide?
>>
Artist that could work like a janitor here
Only if you have cool stories tho
I am probably not that good of an artist too, but maybe I can pull it off, who knows, there are worst artist at Marvel
>>
>>93177867
he if you do acid erika henderson's art is pretty readable
>>
Anyone got a fresh link to the discord? Last invite is dead.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Be ready for this, and a lot more writers than artists.
>>
>>93174811
>Atomic Pile
Good name.
>>
>>93177867
Post examples of your work.
>>
>>93172150
>>93172408
2000 words really isn't THAT much for novels and other similar genres. Not saying that my lazy ass doesn't sometimes have problems with even that, but that's a fact. Comics obviously have a lot less words.
>>93171170
Anyway, I would be very interested in writing something for this project, I've been wanting to do some comics for years, but I have a manual disability so no drawing for me. Should I just post ideas, is there any list of already established things?
>>
>>93177936
https://discord.gg/t9vcK
>>
>>93178232
Thanks senpai
>>
>>93178121
>Anyway, I would be very interested in writing something for this project, I've been wanting to do some comics for years, but I have a manual disability so no drawing for me. Should I just post ideas, is there any list of already established things?

>He's an ideas guy
>>
>>93178631
No, I do write stuff. I just don't know if anything have already been established about the "shared universe" and what sorts of stories and characters are we exactly looking for.
>>
>>93178669
It's cool, I'm just being a cunt

The shared universe idea, so far as I understood it, was more of a shared multiverse, so anything goes, your cosmology can be completely contrary to my own because they are separate universes in the same multiverse. That way your ideas about, say, reincarnation won't get in the way of my ideas about some sort of cosmic purgatory.
>>
>>93178729
So it's pretty much just "writers looking for artists and wanting to show off their ideas with maybe some crossovers if anything comes out of it"? I don't want to be a pessimist since I'm all for any kind of creative initiative, but I kind of doubt whether anything will come out of it. I'll try to write something up by evening though.
>>
>>93171609
Me and my brother had the same idea, but I would have to dig into my notes to find out who we were focusing on. As for Stardust, we were going to have him mostly stick to the background as a figure that inspired dread in just about everyone, more of a force of nature who was too busy giving fates worse than death to random criminals to actually get involved with anyone else (usually).

Also have Ted Kord show up in minor rolls sometimes because Blue Beetle is in the public domain.
>>
>>93180144
I like that idea a lot. In my story I wanted him to show up and everyone and help the Allies during WWII and everyone praised him as a hero but over time people started to see how morally bankrupt he actually was. That along side Comet's psychotic break where he killed a person would be what made people question the idea of heroes. Any chance you could find your notes? I'd be interested in bouncing thoughts back and forth
>>
>>93180201
I remember them being fairly barebones, but I'll find them after getting some sleep. I am sick and tired, but also have insomnia. They are currently on my otber computer that has a broken wifi antenna so I will need to transfer them first. I also need to translate it from the bastard shorthand I use for this stuff. I am in the Discord, so if this thread goes down I will post it there.

From what I remember I also have a basic cosmology thing that connects some of the old horror comics to it.
>>
File: Ghost & Ghoul.png (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost & Ghoul.png
46KB, 600x600px
>>93176456
Alias: Brimstone
Name: Jack Reynolds
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 195lbs
Build: Mesomorph (rhomboid)
Territory: Silver City
Abilities: Skilled acrobat & martial artist. Investigative detective with seemingly preternatural insight / Kirby is unusually intelligent for a dog & may possess other unusual characteristics
Background: Shot & left for dead by minions of the crime-lord Mister Silk, Jack Reynolds’ life was saved by an enormous black dog he would later name Kirby. Allowing his enemies to believe him deceased, Jack took up residence with Kirby in the miles of abandoned subway & sewer tunnels beneath the city streets. They now work tirelessly to dispense evil unto evil as Brimstone & Hellhound.

On the name: I can’t decide whether to call the two ‘Brimestone & Hellhound’ or ‘Ghost & Ghoul.’
On the costume: I’m also unsure of the color scheme I’ve chosen. Advice & input are appreciated.
>>
>>93171170
Just a reminder, you don't need talent, writers, or artist to make a project successful, you need organizers and good business sense.
>>
>>93180360
Alright, I can't wait to see.
>>
please dont make this like that pokemon fangame /vp/ said their were gonna make in 2012.
>>
>>93180680
I don't know anything about that. What happened?
>>
>>93180804
It was a fangame that was called pokemon Sage, people could create their own pokemon and stuff, but the game was never finished
>>
It'd be cool to have a bunch of people do their own stuff but still be in a shared universe, with the creators choosing how shared they want their work to be, but still in the universe
Like, you can have a book where a bunch of heroes appear all the time(if the hero ~creator~allows it or if he helps or something) and you can have one where you never have a crossover with a established character from the universe, but events in the universe still affect its world
It'd be cool, but i don't know how it'd work with the beard being anonymous and all
I'm an artist btw, but i work a lot and would have little time for a project like that
>>
>>93180943
We need something to tie them all together, have you guys heard of jenny everywhere? We could use her
>>
>>93171170
I already have an entire multiverse for my writing but I wonder how this could factor in seeing as one universe is capeshit
>>
>>93180981
Nah, i don't think it'd be necessary, think something like a dude has a book where the dude is an investigator, pretty non-cape stuff happening and all, but then in newspaper the headline is a big cape thing that happened in another book

I also think that a briefing every week of so with the creator to establish what will happen in their books and discuss how that could affect the universe and what COULD affect the universe would be cool
>>
>>93171170
Can someone re-link the discord?
>>
>>93180597
I started looking and so far gave had no luck. I am starting to think it might be on my brother's computer. I guess I will have to rewrite it. It should not take me long to piece it together at least.
>>
>>93181298
https://discord.gg/gZZPa
>>
>>93180144
The Blue Beetle in the public domain is Dan Garrett.
>>
>>93180943
The original idea was to have a shared multiverse, not universe. I still think that idea is better since it's less messy and the crossovers can be more natural to each story.

>>93181068
Creating a shared universe is way too much work for /co/, and this is coming from someone who is optimistic about this. Better to have each story take place within its own continuity.
>>
>>93180447
Does anyone have any thoughts on this character?
>>
>>93183176
It needs an emotional motivation.

Vengeance? Justice? What about his family? etc
>>
>>93183176
Design's a little bland. I get what you were going for but it could be a little more spiffy. I'm also not sure about his origin, how exactly did a dog save him from a bullet wound?

I feel like you would be better off making a street level Spectre expy.
>>
>>93181847
Ted Kord and the rest of the Charleton gang are public domain.

>>93183176
Give us some more info. Who does he fight? What's his supporting cast? Is the dog his spirit animal like in The Crow?
>>
>>93184246
Huh, I guess he IS public domain.
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Charlton_II)

I feel like WB would give you way too much grief about using him, Dan or any of the Charlton characters though.
>>
>>93184325
Does WB even care about Ted?
>>
>>93184444
Well, they certainly care about the Blue Beetle brand enough to shill it once in a while.
>>
>been wanting to work with a team of writers to make a comic book multiverse for years
>can't find many others keen to
>give up and start designing one on my own for the past six months
>discover this thread
>don't know whether to join in or to focus on my own world
What should I do guys?
>>
>>93184630
you could do both
>>
>>93184630
I think you should join since this gives you the chance of not only working with other people, but also showcasing your own universe. That's what the anthology should be all about imo, little snippets of something bigger. From then on you can "graduate" to working on your own if you want to.
>>
>>93181909
A shared multiverse is nice, but i still think a universe could be done if the creators have full control over their stories and if we can be organized and have talks about the world and the universe of the comics, a shared universe allows for easter eggs about other books and some nods and stuff that a multiverse can't, and having a prime universe doesn't exclude the possibility of other universes
>>
>>93184630
You could do both as people are saying, it's just gonna be a part of the /co/ multiverse
>>
>>93184695
True, but it's just too much work for too little payoff. I mean, who's going to care about easter eggs if all the characters are literally who OCs? That's what the /co/llective is for anyway, if you really want to do a shared universe.
>>
>>93184693
>>93184668
>>93184630
Okay then. I'll join you.
Do you have the most recent discord link?
>>
>>93184769
>>
>>93184787
Thanks.
I just joined.
>>
>>93184768
Yeah, there's that, people have to be a little invested before we start doing easter eggs
What's the /co/llective anyway?
>>
File: 111.png (559KB, 400x635px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
559KB, 400x635px
Have none of you considered that you're all fucking terrible at creative writing?

Every single /co/ project that pops up usually ends with some faggots making mary sue characters they shove into everything as they try to control the group.

Looking at you, WoS and Covengers faggots.
>>
>>93171818
I like this idea.
>>
>>93183403
This is good input, thank you.

I guess "They shot me!" isn't enough to put on a costume and fight crime; I'll add something else.

>>93184197
Could you suggest changes?

>>93184246
He'd fight street-level crooks, with an undercurrent of the bizarre and supernatural.
>>
>>93185216
So I just we should all give up on everything fun we would ever want to do simply for the fear that it might be bad, huh?
>>
I wouldn't mind writing or being an editor.
But I have no idea how to go about doing either for a comic.
>>
>>93185325
Yes because it will be bad 100% of the time.
>>
>>93185216
I agree about the WoS part. I was in the project and it was pure cancer 90% of the time. And maybe Covengers was like that when it first started, but they've gotten much better.

WoS died in less then a year and Covengers is still active, so that should tell you something.
>>
>>93185387
>Covengers is still active
I haven't seen a single thread in a fuck long time
>>
>>93185216
True, there are a lot of faggotty spazes around. I blame Homestuck.

But the issue is they enjoy doing what they are doing more than the responsible people (usually 1 person) are enjoying keeping the project together.
>>
>>93185459
Mods here kept banning them so they migrated to other boards and chans.
>>
>>93185459
Mainly discord nowadays
>>
>>93185479
Tell that to the (numerous) projects they destroyed with their own stupidity and deviantart tier tendencies.

Purge. Jero. Lion.

Faggots.
>>
>>93185459
I never said they were active on /co/. Probably the only reason it does still live.
>>
>>93185640
They won't listen because it's not 'fun.'
>>
>>93185674
>>93185572
>>93185541
Are you the same person and are you part of Covengers or something?
>>
>>93171170
do people here actually make comics? how would canon be determined, if at all?
>>
>>93185216
All the mary sues left when they couldn't strangle the life out of covengers anymore.

Anyone who says otherwise at this point are the mary sues who got ran out for being drama starting little bitches.
>>
>>93185739
We're still figuring that out.
>>
>>93185640
>Lion
Well now I know you're full of shit. He was literally one of the few there who wanted the project to actually be something good
I agree about Jero and Purge, they were both shitters. no pun intended.

>>93185731
Just this one >>93185387
And for the other question You'll never know
>>
>>93185967
Lion shitposted and double talked all the time don't bullshit me dude.
>>
>>93181301
Drop it ITT when you're done and ill read it later
>>
>>93186025
So you couldn't handle the memes and bantz? How do you survive on this site or do you prefer something like Reddit?
>>
>>93186025
Double talked?
>>
>>93186349
Screw you. It was dumb

>>93186454
Talked behind peoples backs but acted innocent
>>
>>93186564
Ah sounds like emit my dude :^)
>>
File: 100200300.png (145KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
100200300.png
145KB, 400x367px
>>93186349
Hi Lion.
>>
>>93186564
Were you actually in WoS? Who was your character? Or did you just view the threads and decided you didn't like him cause memes

>>93186578
>>93186564
Actually this poster is sounding like hes actually Emit

>>93186604
Close but no cigar
>>
>>93186604
Well thats what happens in projects like that. Some people aren't fond of other people and they air their greivances in private, and its often towards the people "in charge" or generally members given more attention. Everyone eventually becomes guilty of it, especially with the amount of people in that project. Interpersonal bullshit always rises to the top and near everyone becomes guilty of it.
>>
>>93186693
Which member fellated Lion the most?

'cause that'll tell you who this poster is.
>>
Can you faggots please stop ruining the thread with your play pretend projects
>>
>>93186805
This, can we get back to the topic at hand.

Join the discord if you haven't, shit is happening there.
>>
>>93186805
Aren't you play pretending to run your own comic business? You even got cute little legal documents.

Haha.
>>
>>93186847
WARNING: THEY DEMAND YOU SIGN LEGAL DOCUMENTS.
>>
>>93186860
>Haha you're playing play pretend
>Brings up legal documents
Pick one and only one. I'm pretty sure if the project becomes a company or some kind of legal entity it isn't play pretend.
Go back to ERPing with the other autists.
>>
as some one who actually went there, it isn't even asking you for your real name.
>>
>>93186934
You're never going to be a legitimate company. Drop your expectations now. You're a pathetic little shit with no ideas playing pretend as if you could run anything. The fact you're pushing legal documents so quick proves it.

Fuck off you insecure baby.
>>
>>93186765
Literally everyone enjoyed Lion in WoS, all but Jero and Emit since they were both assholes who didn't like fun. Or at least any fun that isn't their definition

>>93186847
>>93186860
>>93186880
You have Discord. Stop bitching and talk there, probably a better area for it either way. This is 4chan, you can't derail something when the rails were never there.
Also, are you going to charge people money next? Get them to copyright shit? Cause that will probably make your project last about 3 months.

>>93186934
Hes making a bunch of Anons on a random board sign it, anyone doing that is a dumbass
>>
File: pictocrop-e1422884517459.jpg (23KB, 357x275px) Image search: [Google]
pictocrop-e1422884517459.jpg
23KB, 357x275px
This question is directed to everyone in the thread. When you inevitably finish your grand project and have it fully penciled, inked, lettered, and bound, are you gonna post it to /co/?
You better fucking believe I will. I plan on posing the cbr/cbz the second it hits shelves.
>>
>>93187002
Of course they did, sweetheart. That's why WoS is still an active, strong community with lasting relationships, right?

You're literally brown nosing a faceless entity, get the dick out of your mouth.
>>
>>93186987
We're not planning to be a "legitimate" company, the legal stuff is pretty much just telling people to secure their shit so it doesn't get stolen, standard stuff that anyone in the entertainment business does nowadays.

Unless you're planning to create an open source character that is.
>>
>>93187002
>Hes making a bunch of Anons on a random board sign it, anyone doing that is a dumbass

feel free to provide proof.
>>
>>93187002
>Also, are you going to charge people money next?
Nope, it's a non-profit zine.
>Get them to copyright shit?
That should be a given. Seriously, who doesn't copyright their shit nowadays?
>Cause that will probably make your project last about 3 months.
Then we'll make the most out of those three months.
>>
>>93187040
You just said it could turn into a company. Now you're saying it won't.

You're playing pretend so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>93187062
You just have to join the discord. Other posters are confirmed this too.

Are you just retarded or something?
>>
>>93187098
>You just said it could turn into a company. Now you're saying it won't.
That was another anon.
>prove it
4chanX
>>
>>93187127
Screencap if you were there. Thats what he means
>>
>>93187127
post the "legal documents" people are being made to sign

because so far its something just being planned and optional for people who may want to retain ownership of their OC's. if you dont give a damn about it you can ignore it
>>
>>93187152
So you're proving his point wrong then and your project intends to become a company? Please refer to my last post about being a pathetic nobody that will go nowhere just like every /co/ project.
>>
>>93187034
Actually like 85% of the people from WoS are still in contact with each other. The project is dead but the friendships aren't.

>>93187062
I don't need too. Its just dumb. I'm not saying the whole idea of this project is bad, but making people have to sign something is kinda stupid.

>>93187067
I do legitimately wish you and your project luck, but I doubt it will make it far.
If you prove me wrong, great. Make something of yourself.
>>
File: you are pathetic.jpg (22KB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
you are pathetic.jpg
22KB, 350x198px
>>93186987
>You're never going to be a legitimate company. Drop your expectations now.
What gave you the impression that I was ever in the project to begin with? I took interest in this thread up until some anon brought up Covengers and ever since then it just brought the thread to a standstill with some bullshit drama as usual.

I don't care if the project is "legally binding" or is "trying to be a company." At least it doesn't disrupt entire threads like Covengers or this WoS shit does, bringing with it the usual obnoxious autistic vibe it's commonly known for.
Covengers is pure fucking cancer and no matter what thread they're brought up in, it always usually leads to drama or some shit. Not that it isn't obvious that this would happen, It's to be expected of a project notorious for autists wanting to be noticed from how much unimportant significance they can garner from their play pretend OCs.
>>
File: IMG_0944.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0944.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>
File: regishrug.jpg (16KB, 192x289px) Image search: [Google]
regishrug.jpg
16KB, 192x289px
>>93186720
>Interpersonal bullshit always rises to the top and near everyone becomes guilty of it.
Has anyone ever considered not filling these projects with women?
>>
File: 1465476322981.jpg (19KB, 376x289px) Image search: [Google]
1465476322981.jpg
19KB, 376x289px
>>93187225
>>
>>93187260
You'd be surprised how much guys can be drama queens anon.
>>
>>93187219
Nice try you pasty fuck. Covengers hasn't been mentioned on this board in years aside from that one-one-of-a-kind mention above.

This all started over WoS discussion. You've just proved you're a fucking idiot that can't even follow basic conversation and want to shove your nose into something and act like you're so damn intelligent and in the know.

Go fuck yourself you moronic little bitch. You have no leg to stand on.
>>
>>93187286
>guys
You mean homosexuals.
>>
>>93187305
I love dick just as much as the next man, but it doesn't mean you have to be a faggot all the time.
>>
>>93187219
When the fuck has Covengers ever been mentioned? I've never heard of them before this thread and I've been here for years. Pretty sure you're making stuff up to feel important.
>>
File: kelly.jpg (203KB, 730x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kelly.jpg
203KB, 730x1000px
>>93187026
of course.
>>
>>93187026
Hell yeah motherfucker
>>
Idea guy threads are always so embarrassing.
>>
>>93187219
>loli poster gets involved in something they know nothing about and then can't handle what comes with trying to represent something

Gee who would a thunk
>>
File: you are pathetic 2.0.jpg (46KB, 372x302px) Image search: [Google]
you are pathetic 2.0.jpg
46KB, 372x302px
>>93187297
>hasn't been mentioned in years
I'd say you're new here but that'd imply the usual Covengers spergs aren't salty enough to not go anywhere near /co/.
>waaaa it's those WoS it's not our fault you just can't follow along
Different boat, same crew. It's the same with supoc. The usual fags always carry over and start drama.
Knowing how angry you seem over this, you're probably one of them.
>waaaa you're a little bitch go away
You first.
>>93187364
>>93185216
>>93185459
>>
>>93187371
How many years have you been working on that now?
>>
>>93187476
this. there was only one character that was even fun to read about and that was in the shit that was covengers
>>
>>93185819
A lot of legitimate people got chased out, too, sadly. Covengers was legitimately a hostile and shitty place to be for a while in the pre-discord days.
>>
File: kelly_joe.jpg (895KB, 725x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kelly_joe.jpg
895KB, 725x1000px
>>93187518
i don't know. i just know that i am actually coming out with a constant stream of pages now.
>>
>>93187542
only the shitty transgenderfluid whatever the fuck people received any hostility and that's because they generated drama daily by being whiny cunts
>>
>>93187567
Plenty of other people got hostility too, dude, largely because of those people stirring up that long-lasting drama people were talking about.
>>
>>93187504
Go right ahead and post some proof to back your shit up. You have no evidence or hold in this argument. Go on. Show me proof. Covengers is a dead fucking group that never comes here and you know it you lying little fuck.

Oh and you're jumping into a project with the same play pretend values you hate.

Youre so fucking pathetic that it's funny. Post your proofs anytime.
>>
>>93187578
i was in covengers at the start and the only people who got shit were the mary sues who wanted to be center attention, run the show and the trannies who wanted to be center attention
>>
File: Spirit.jpg (51KB, 231x300px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit.jpg
51KB, 231x300px
>>93187371
Fuck yeah! I would love to make some money off of it, but I'll be damned if I don't post it to /co/. I've always wanted to give back in my own way and that would be it.

>>93187443
FUCK YEAH!

>>93187518
8-10 years on and off but I've managed to get two degrees in that time so it's not like I was just sitting on my ass. Never got to take it as seriously as I wanted but that may change soon.

I'm always worried that I'd end up putting something in my comic that would alienate the audience, so what I would like peeps to do is say whether or not they'd be cool with this. This is for a Cape Universe.

>Actual Capes?
>Domino Masks
>Henchmen for Villains
>Cyborgs
>Teleportation Belt
>Death Rays (villain's weapon)
>Jet Packs
>Super Suits (enhance speed, reflexes, durability, etc).
>Deathrap Mansions (something Arcade would make)
>Speedsters based on metabolism.
>Mind Readers
>Reality Warpers
>Anthropomorphic Animals/Insects
>Dream Weavers (people who can enter dreams).
>Secret Government Organizations
>Secret President
>Super Teams both good and bad.
>Inhibitor Gas (gas that temporarily removes powers - 2 minutes tops)
>>
>>93187608
So was I, and you are wrong. If you think otherwise, you're one of the people who was the problem.
>>
>>93187567
Oh yeah.
Those are the exact faggots.

Not a mental sickness they said.
>>
>>93187617
name the scenario or your character and i can tell you if you were an ego stroking cunt or not

go ahead

>>93187626
totally normal
>>
>>93187504
You sound really mad over an issue that doesn't exist.
>>
>>93174560
Me again. Still debating if I should at least peek in the discord. But I feel the first few times there I would just be asking everyone "Oooh how do you do that?" and I don't think that's what people want in the group.
>>
>>93187583
>Covengers is dead
>>93185541
>>93185572
>>93185674
It's very clearly kicking and it's very clear that there are autists from Covengers in this thread right now.
I took interest in a project. Still haven't joined the discord and I'm trying to read up on the links above.
I'm pretty sure this project isn't orientated to play pretend. Nothing so far suggests ERP.
>I'm pathetic
>Standing up for a dA tier group
You really need to stop projecting yourself on others.
>>
>>93187640
Post yours first, and then I'll tell you how much of an ego-stroking cunt you are instead
You definitely don't sound like you're any better than the people you're trying to shit talk here
>>
>>93187640
>everyone who could possibly disagree with me is an ego-stroking cunt
>not an ego-stroking cunt sentiment to have
>>
>>93187682
You keep posting buzzwords like ERP. You post no proof besides some people that were there at one point and have actual insight that clearly defeat your bullshit.

You're a stupid motherfucker without a single point to your argument. You're nothing. Your group is nothing. You're blindly following something for no other reason than to make yourself seem important. Fuck off forever.
>>
>>93187610
>>Actual Capes?
Yes. Superhero is an archetype, and capes are part of the classical manifestation of it.

>>Domino Masks
Yes.

>>Henchmen for Villains
Yes.

>>Cyborgs
Yes, as long as you keep its abilities clear and limited.

>>Teleportation Belt
May be a gateway to deus ex machina tropes. Should be careful with it

>>Death Rays (villain's weapon)
Yes.

>>Jet Packs
Yes.

>>Super Suits (enhance speed, reflexes, durability, etc).
Yes.

>>Deathrap Mansions (something Arcade would make)
As long as you keep this element fresh and dont over do it, sure.

>>Speedsters based on metabolism.
If you can keep its lore consistent with your other stuff, sure.

>>Mind Readers
Same as above

>>Reality Warpers
Should be very scarce, too much BS potential.

>>Anthropomorphic Animals/Insects
Yes.

>>Dream Weavers (people who can enter dreams).
Yes as long as you clearly define what dreams are in your universe.

>>Secret Government Organizations
A bit tired but i wouldnt count something out because of this.

>>Secret President
Yes

>>Super Teams both good and bad.
Yes.

>>Inhibitor Gas (gas that temporarily removes powers - 2 minutes tops)
As long as your lore justifies it, and its not introduced in one page and used in the next one.
>>
>>93187690
oh no you've turned the tables on me

which one of the trannies were you that you got abused so badly in covengers?

did your vocal lessons pay off, do you finally sound like you're not hagrid impersonating the queen?

>>93187705
im alright with it
>>
>>93187733
Starting shit, trying to name-shame anyone who has ever left, and then refusing to name yourself is a pretty clear sign of the kind of person you are.
>>
>>93187765
nigga i left too, i just left because it was a boring power grab of xenon and guffy jerking himself off

you want to attest to your victim status, prove it
>>
>>93187724
>You keep posting buzzwords like ERP
Because I'm mocking you. And it's taking apparent effect.
>You post no proof besides some people that were there at one point and have actual insight that clearly defeat your bullshit.
I just showed you that covengers is still up.
>You're nothing. Your group is nothing. You're blindly following something for no other reason than to make yourself seem important. Fuck off forever.
Nice salt. You're projecting harder than a powerpoint presentation.
>>
>>93187796
You knew him well enough to say Guffy huh.

You're either Breakdown. Sly Slyme or Chopette.
>>
>>93187610
yeah, /co/ is kind of what helped make it happen in the first place so i am grateful for that. somebody on /k/ got wind of it and helped get me off my ass to finally get it going again, too, and now it is finally habbeding for real.
>>
>>93187796
How you doing, buddy? Still doing all the same things you complain about other people doing and worse?
>>
>>93187825
oh no you're onto me
>>
>>93187820
You literally haven't proven a single point and you just admitted to lying about ERP. Seriously dude you're pathetic and stirring shit to look important lmao
>>
>>93187857
is that you, guffy?

you still falling for any 'female' you talk to?
>>
>>93187876
>looking important on an anonymous message board
What would be the point?
I'm still going to say that Covengers is an ERP project because I'm getting a rise out of you.
And I have proven a point. In fact, I've proven a lot of points. You wouldn't be responding out of sheer salt otherwise.
>>
>>93187858
I'm actually just kind of curious now. I'm not the guy you were originally arguing with.
>>
>>93187903
I used a lower-case b. Confirmed for Bud.
>>
>>93187904
You're basically saying you're just a shit poster with none of the facts you claim to have. It's hilarious talking to you because of how angry you get over mental delusions.
>>
>>93187924
you master ruseman how do you do it

if only you had brought that cleverness to covengers you wouldn't have been a total joke
>>93187917
if you guess right i'll positively confirm but i enjoy this game
>>
I feel really sorry for you multiverse people. Let this thread be a warning to you about projects on /co/.
>>
>>93187948
>You're basically saying you're just a shit poster with none of the facts you claim to have.
>And I have proven a point. In fact, I've proven a lot of points. You wouldn't be responding out of sheer salt otherwise.
And looky looky, covengers shit in this thread has devolved into everyone trying to figure out who's who because a good majority of them are probably arguing with each other right now outside of the thread as it's apparent with
>>93187825
>>93187796
>>93187733
>>93187924
>>93187903
and
>>93187857

Case closed. Now fuck off along with the rest of your ERP friends.
>>
>>93188002
o ye of little faith
>>
>>93188039
An outspark of shit you caused. Now be a silent little autist and nobody would have to shitpost
>>
>>93188043
Nope. This all started because Covengers was brought up and that somehow diverged into drama between some spergs, as usual.
This thread probably would've followed along usually without you guys.
>>
>>93187949
You're probably not Breakdown. I see his art a lot here and he's usually pretty chill.

Can I assume the 3 names I posted already are not you? If so I'd guess next that you're actually Kaiju or Heap.
>>
>>93188099
Meant 4 >>93188061, apologies ese
>>
>>93188116
cold, heap was one that got drummed out when he couldn't take over everything
>>
Okay so here's an idea for a core multiversal title we could have to help establish the universe.

I think it should be set at this kind of multiversal hub. Some guy mentioned having a lead host and I liked that. I think the Host should be in charge of basically this multiversal bureaucracy. In that , everything is very tediously ordered and hierarchical in terms of authority. I.e. There's like a DPS for people renewing their multiversal travel licenses or something. These are pretty much exclusive to those permitted to travel the universe by the Host or some higher suit in the chain. These guys, I'll just call them Hoppers for now, are like multiversal police, sent out to deal with any discrepancies that may lead people to believe in the existence of other universes or creating something threatening to the universe.

So there's this pair of hoppers who get sent out on a mission to this other Earth where artificial intelligence has exterminated humanity with its own utopian civilization. The problem here is that the Host is figuring that since they exponentially learn, they're can't be far off from realizing there's other universes. Maybe they're even creating their own simulated worlds. So these two hoppers come by, I'm thinking one grizzled veteran, a woman, probably some kind of alien around mid-to-late thirties, and a younger new guy, probably human, someone for the reader to identify with and to get exposition going.

So they come to this Earth and the whole ethical dilemma is whether or not to order this planet extinguished, something I like to think would be done through some multiversal call center or maybe a multiversal court, or somehow able to convince them away from interfering in the multiverse should they learn about it. Maybe possibly through empathisizing with one of their created worlds and talking to them about the obligation of creating harmony for those whom you're responsible for. Use it to present philosophy to the reader.
>>
>>93188154
But you didn't say anything about Kaiju or should I say DROP? is my assertion correct?
>>
>>93188168
And obviously, this afford us the chance to showcase the various multiverses, heroes, and villains to the reader as well by traveling to different worlds and universes every issue. Like the old Strange Tales or Amazing Fantasy.
>>
>>93188168
MORE OF THIS PLEASE LESS OF DRAMA THANKS
>>
>>93188195
also no, drop fucked off when he stopped getting attention and started smoking weed
>>
>>93188168
Thats just way too big to start out with
>>
>>93188222
In that case could you be SUNSHINE?
>>
>>93188168
We should focus on telling good stories first, cosmology shit second.
>>
>>93188313
wow, don't insult me like that

fuck no
>>
File: THE_OMNIVERSE.jpg (2MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
THE_OMNIVERSE.jpg
2MB, 1920x1440px
>>93188168
Good idea, but as others said it might be a bit ambitious. Let's wait until we get a few stories established before we start bridging them altogether.

I do love the idea of a hopper team that go from multiverse to multiverse.

And I think this title should be an Omniverse rather than a multiverse. Some of us may already have an idea for the "god" of their worlds and it eliminats teh chance of it interrupting someone else's story.
>>
>>93188408
Just make the gods universal and not multiversal beings
>>
File: ScreenShot20170118at1.46.07PM.png (623KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot20170118at1.46.07PM.png
623KB, 600x450px
>>93188408
Assuming I'm thinking about this correctly.

Multiverse - Multiple realities/parallel earths existing in tandem.
>CW Multiverse (Earth 1, 2, 3).

Omniverse - Collection of multiverses which contain the previously mentioned universe.
>CW Multiverse
>Smallville Multiverse
>>
>>93188345
Huh. You're pretty redpilled.

WishingWell?
>>
>>93188475
If you play shitty Who's Who guessing games like this, you're one of the faggots that makes these projects unbearable.

Step away from the mirror for 5 god damn minutes, woman.
>>
>>93188519
Hey man fuck off, I'm just curious
>>
File: chp7orhwt7ex.jpg (1MB, 1500x1184px) Image search: [Google]
chp7orhwt7ex.jpg
1MB, 1500x1184px
>>93188432
Call them "The Investors" and I'm in.
I am intrigued by otherworldly characters being a consistent theme throughout all these universes and even if I don't get involved in the discord, I'd love to include them in some way/shape/form in my own work.
>>
>>93188408
If you're interested in making a cosmic/"pantheon" type thing across all universes that unifies without getting in the way, create it within a space that no one looks, not even inside their own works.

For instance, create a Kafkaesque omni-microverse.

Every decision creates a shitton of redtape. But once it gets cleared, big things happen.
>>
File: Boris_Badenov's_evil_grin.gif (34KB, 336x300px) Image search: [Google]
Boris_Badenov's_evil_grin.gif
34KB, 336x300px
>>93189210
Lol that is exactly what I've done. Maybe not with the specificity you described (adore teh idea of a pantheon), but I made my "gods" be in their own separate universe that while they can't leave their home (much to their dismay), they can influence universes to scary degrees, Examples include like altering the very physics of a universe in progress or create new universes entirerly.. The only thing is that they can't outright erase a person from existence but that can create all goddamn day.
>>
>Linkara is in the discord
kek
>>
>>93190007
Let's see what he brings to the table,
Also who the fuck is, Linkara?
>>
>>93190224
I wonder who he is, HMMMMM?
>>
>>93190224
>Also who the fuck is, Linkara?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=linkara
>>
File: venusflytrap.png (1MB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
venusflytrap.png
1MB, 744x1052px
How related to this is the /co/verse?
>>
>>93190464
They're open source characters, right? As related as you want it to be, I guess.
>>
>>93190248
>>93190248
>>93190395
Thanks brah. I was hoping to get the cliffnotes version but whatever.
>>
File: Thing PSI.jpg (222KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Thing PSI.jpg
222KB, 900x1350px
Can anyone tell me what Covengers and WoS were? I wasn't aware there were any efforts to create anything outside those fetish threads with the milfs with the anime boobs.
>>
>>93191353
They were meant to be fun little groups to make a shared superhero universe in. Collab projects with stories n shit.

Covengers is still alive and I can say with certainty none of the posters talking about it are from it or left the project early and just shitpost now.

WoS was similar but it's dead now from dramatic autists I won't name.
>>
Are any of you aware of Enter Void?

All the organizational stuff is being handled and its the same kind of loose continuity thing you guys are wanting to be a part of.
>>
>>93192842
Tell us more friend.

>>93192149
What did they produce?
>>
>>93193850
The site is entervoid,com

It's all framed around creating characters and comics for your characters. There's a multiverse story in place to accommodate everybody's creations.
One draw is that other people can challenge you to a battle and pit their character(s) against yours.They've got a guide that explains it
>>
>>93192149
Covengers came literally years before WoS. A crossover never happened and shared universe was never established.
>>93193850
They were just for roleplaying, but WoS died because the autists treated it like an official project instead of a group of friends playing Superhero DnD

I won't say anymore. This is meant to be fore the Multiverse project and Covengers and WoS topics should be moved to a new thread or just dropped.
>>
Shouldn't you people be working on your stuff instead of hanging around in this thread?
>>
>>93194153
talking about doing a thing is more fun than doing it though
>>
Multiverse theory is fucking cancer

start simple with a protagonist focus instead.
>>
>>93194654
its only cancer when people play idea guy without writing down a fucking story that is at least coherent
>>
>>93194738
Agreed, but good luck with that. Your chances at success are slim to none IMHO.
>>
>>93188168
First, at a stab, this wouldn't gel with at least some cosmologies. I know it wouldn't gel with either of mine.

Second
>sent out to deal with any discrepancies that may lead people to believe in the existence of other universes
Eventually learning that you're part of a multiverse is part and parcel of a superhero universe. If I were to participate, I have plans for stories in both my universes where they learn they're part of a larger multiverse.

Proposed solution: It's not a celestial Host, or a multiversal hub, BUT they want others to believe that. What they are is a single universe where the tech/magic/metahumans grew so powerful they can easily control multiversal travel (at least in their part of the infinite) and have people or tech or magic that does allow them to policy stuff like that, and fight multiversal threats and destroy entire universes along with all their alternate timelines and misthical dimensions.

Kinda like how the Time Lords invented time travel and started policing their universe so against threats to time and space, except in a much higher scale.

>>93188408
>>93188432
If there was a real multiversal or omniversal being I would suggest it was simply The Voice, The Light, The Creative Force, or whatever other name. The one that Marvel calls The One Above All and DC calls the The Source. The being that creates everything, but doesn't seem active. All mysterious. May or may not be the abrahamic god, may or may not be in command of the angels.
>>
File: 1465872629537.png (738KB, 646x437px) Image search: [Google]
1465872629537.png
738KB, 646x437px
I'm good at writing but I suck at drawing, what should I do?
>>
>>93195972
write
>>
>>93195048
>If there was a real multiversal or omniversal being I would suggest it was simply The Voice, The Light, The Creative Force, or whatever other name.
I'm okay with "The Voice" but I feel like collectively we could do better.
>Those Behind the Scenes
>The Editors
>The Unversed (pretty sure this is already used somewhere).
>"God"
>Unseen Hand
>"Senior Partners" (I've been watching too much Angel).
>De Scriptoribus
>Alii Deorum

I did like "The Creative Force" as a way of referencing the writers themselves but I feel like we could do something less on the nose.
>>
Another question, what's your ultimate goal? Not the goal necessarily for right now, but your ultimate goal assuming everything goes right.

i wanna put out a 100+ comic series in a cape universe that I created with a definitive beginning and ending. I plan for it to be my thesis on the cape genre as a whole wherein I plan to tackle all major comic tropes and provide my own unique take on them. Every aspect of the genre will be fair game. I want to emphasize that this is not going to be a deconstruction, merely a repacking of common concepts in interesting ways..
>>
>>93195972
post writing and if an artist is interested they'll abduct you
>>
File: BK:VFT01.png (595KB, 2260x1018px) Image search: [Google]
BK:VFT01.png
595KB, 2260x1018px
>>93190488
I'd love to outline more of those two's interaction/character arc, mirroring Daredevil and Green Arrow/Black Canary dynamics.
>>
File: BK:VFT02.png (343KB, 2258x816px) Image search: [Google]
BK:VFT02.png
343KB, 2258x816px
>>
File: 1461884243025.jpg (33KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1461884243025.jpg
33KB, 419x419px
>>93196742
Just like in my fantasies
>>
>>93195048
>What they are is a single universe where the tech/magic/metahumans grew so powerful they can easily control multiversal travel (at least in their part of the infinite) and have people or tech or magic that does allow them to policy stuff like that, and fight multiversal threats and destroy entire universes along with all their alternate timelines and misthical dimensions.

It's a neat concept. But its hard to swallow that their motivation would alight with the protagonist's, since they are fundamentally different kind of beings.
>>
>>93197254
all artists are mentally ill in some way
t. artist
>>
Id like to get involved, I'm an artist and a writer
>>
>>93197413
I too am mentally ill, so does that balance it out or something similar?
>>
>>93197469
Join the Discord.
>>
Bumping for people who still want to join but haven't been to the discord yet.

https://discord.gg/wqRbfc
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.