[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overall, which of the pairs are better leaders Which race is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 86

File: IrkenHomeworld.png (324KB, 1000x282px) Image search: [Google]
IrkenHomeworld.png
324KB, 1000x282px
Overall, which of the pairs are better leaders
Which race is better at invading worlds
>>
Diamonds are taller

Diamonds > Irken
>>
>>93167168
Better Leaders: Diamonds aren't the Tallest basically figureheads? Even discounting that Red and Purple aren't particularly good leaders

Better Invaders: Irken
>>
>>93167202
True, but they are not IRKEN. Filthy puny rocks cannot be true Tallest if they are not IRKEN.
>>
obviously the tallest
we dont see the gempire do anything else to other planets except the fucking moon (which is just a stupid satellite) and diamonds cant do jack shit about earth while the irken empire has conquered so many other planets with competent invaders
>>
>>93167237
It's bullshit anywat. The Tallest have cybernetic augmentations. That's cheating, yo
>>
>>93167237
The Control Brains are the top dog but the Tallest do the day-to-day leading

The Tallest before Red & Purple commissioned the Massive to be built and actually seemed competent
>>
The Irken Empire is the Roman Empire if it was ruled by idiots. All their tech and armies are from the races they conquer. But of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that they're naturally born for conquest and pretty damn good at it. Literally born to it.
One Invader is expected to debilitate a whole plant enough to allow for a full conquest, and sometimes a single Invader has been able to take over on their own.
Gems are more insect like in that they use worlds to grow more gems rather than taking interest in their inhabitants.
They're tech is quite advanced as well, but their entire weaponry seems more focused on fighting other gems rather than living organisms leaving out those explosives which do not discriminate.
The Irkens are clearly superior when it comes to invading worlds.

As for leaders... Red and Purple are pretty much teens bullying a bunch of preschoolers, but they have proven, at least Red has, some degree of competency in government and tactical warfare as well as understanding of their own equipment. The Tallest are also easily replaceable, which is a plus since (I'm assuming) growing Diamonds must be quite hard and perhaps not even possible considering Pink Diamond has never been replaced.
So, just out of pragmatism, I'd declare the Irken Empire has the best leaders as well.

Clear win on all accounts to the Irken Empire over Homeworld.
>>
If the Irkens actually wanted Earth it would already be theirs.
>>
>>93167168
The Irken species is so strong that one of their worst invaders can destroy planets by accident out of sheer stupidity.

Diamonds can't even fucking capture a 14-year old who thinks he's 8 who has limited control of his powers which is 1/20th the strength of theirs.
>>
Red and Purple's main job just seems to be making sure all of the Irkens know what they're supposed to be doing. They're good enough at that, for the most part. They're immature, but they get the job done.
>>
>>93167772
this
itt anyone who deludes themselves into thinking the diamonds are competent is s t u p i d
>>
>>93167772
Diamonds can't even fucking capture a 14-year old who fucking SURRENDERED to them.
>>
>which of the pairs are better leaders.

The diamonds because the tallest are terible leaders and that's literally the joke.

>Which race is better at invading worlds.

Irkens have reached the point where actually defeating an enemy planet is just a secondary goal next to style points of how you do it.

They win.
>>
>>93167434
That being said Gem tech is fucking ridiculous and really hard to rewire. Time travel, pocket spaces, instentaneous interdimensional travel that makes the Irkens look like fucking bicyclists at NASCAR.

Gems are also ridiculously fucking durable. Like Lapis and Jasper both flat out tanked being straight up dropped from space. And of course Lapises can literally control all of the water on an entire planet.

The Gems are going to be way harder to track and pin down due to superior ship tech that cannot be replicated, but at the same time we really don't know how strong Gem space capacities are. I'd assume ridiculous, but at the same tine they've never really had to fight nongems.

I'd say that Irkins put up a fucking ridiculous war of attrition that brings the whole empire to the brink of annihilation, but manage to defeat the Gempire in the end.
>>
>>93168297
>The Gems are going to be way harder to track and pin down due to superior ship tech that cannot be replicated, but at the same time we really don't know how strong Gem space capacities are. I'd assume ridiculous, but at the same tine they've never really had to fight nongems.
Well, an Irken ship was able to go through the sun with nothing but a few scorch marks. Zim has also been able to devise some pretty powerful devices despite being a failure of an Irken.
>>
>>93167168
This is like the 3rd time we've done this.
We even did "the ultimate space showdown of ultimate space destiny".

Gems beat Irken.
>>
>>93168536
>Gems beat Irken.
This statement is objectively wrong, no matter how much SUfags shill for it.
>>
File: 1914112-aliendrone.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1914112-aliendrone.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
How about these fellas
>>
>>93168380
Zim isn't really a good yardstick to use, because he's very talented but just has a moronic personality.

>>93168575
Would be ineffective against Gems, probably against Irkens too. Xenomorphs work best against people without the military might to just obliterate them.
>>
I remember invader zim having some kick ass space battles. Cant remember the episodes...
>>
File: That word.jpg (55KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
That word.jpg
55KB, 500x420px
>>93168553
>shill

Yep, it's summer.
>>
>>93168575
They can't reproduce in Gems because they're light projections and I'm not entirely sure that Irkens are organic. While deadly, they could be taken down either with superior physical abilities or weaponry.
>>
Irkens and Gems have two very different approaches to colonization.

It's hard to compare them.

As far as leadership goes, the Diamonds are superior to the Tallest. Their society actually has something resembling streamlined logistics and planning, much unlike the haphazard, and often foolish Irken armada. If you could combine Irken brawn with Homeworld brains, you'd have an unstoppable invasion force.
>>
>>93168608
>Xenomorphs work best against people without the military might to just obliterate them.
This is only the case in an isolated environment. If there is an infestation on a home planet, there are few things that can be done. The gems would have nothing to worry about since Xenomorphs would have nothing to use to breed, but Irkens could have a real problem on their hands.
>>
>>93168846
Irkens are like 50% mechanical and have a tendency to violently overreact to everything.
>>
>>93168787
Now how would they hold up in 40K?
>>
>>93168575
I'm not entirely sure Irkens even have living tissue a xenomorph can grow in, seeing how their vital functions are mostly done by a machine on their backs.

I'm also not entirely sure Irkens are far enough from cartoon physics to be realistically killed by a xenomorph. Skoodge was killed once and he came back saying he was okay now. Xenomorph attack would probably be the same to them.
>>
>>93168874
They find Orkz, underestimate their capabilities, and get krumped for it.
>>
>>93168867
>50% mechanical
That's still enough for a Xenomorphs to busts out in theory. It's even possible they could survive the process depending on how things go.
>>
File: IMG_2755.png (287KB, 718x851px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2755.png
287KB, 718x851px
They technically aren't aliens, but they are invaders.

Could they give Gemkind and the Irken a run for their money?
>>
>>93168874
>Gems
Only marginally superior to the Imperial Guard and the Tau. Everything else slaughters them.

>Irkens
Tyrannid chow.
>>
>>93167168
the tallest
>>
>>93168608
This. Xenomorphs wouldn't be able to infest a gem world at all, and the Irkens would probably just vaporize any world that shows a hint of infestation.
>>
File: 313.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
313.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>93167168
>it's another "pls admit gems are the shittiest alien invaders in the history of western cartoons [in comparison to these overpowered characters] to meeee" episode
Just stop.
>>
>>93167168
Red and Purple are morons and don't even run the Empire. The Control Brains do.

Irken vs. Gem: the whole premise of IZ is that the entire universe is filled with morons, so the Irkens, who are morons, manage to defeat other morons.

Despite what fans or people who hate SU say about its characters and bad writing in SU the stated premise isn't that the whole universe is filled with morons, so the Gem Empire has more of a challenge conquering races that aren't total idiots.

Even then I feel like the show isn't clear on its track record conquest wise. What is their usual success rate like? We really don't know. They suck with earth but there's weird political intrigue and assassination shit going on that might explain why they've left it along until now and even now don't push. If the earth shit became an excuse to assasinate Pink Diamond they may have been trying not to pull at that thread while making a very half baked effort to seem like they were doing shit, whoever killed her may have hoped it would just go away eventually and not actually care what happens to earth as long as it's either destroyed or survives quietly and out of the public eye.

Meanwhile if IZ hadn't been cancelled some spergy little kid (Dib) was supposed to almsot single-handedly destroy the Irken Empire. If the Crystal Gems win, they have problems, but they're immortal warriors and scientists, not some spazzy little kid. The loss won't be as embarrassing.

I would generally give it to the Gem Empire. The only way the Irkens win is that the Gems are very rigid and logical and might be thrown off by some of the Irken priorities like snacks, they might not be able to understand them and have trouble with them. The Control Brains are all the uploaded wisdom of all Irkens while Gems are just a rigid hierarchy of a few narrow minded aristocrats bred to rule, which is a weakness.

Ironically while I think the Gems could probably still take the Irken Empire I think Zim would destroy them
>>
>>93168846
Literally the ONLY reason the xenomorphs are as successful as they are is because humans in the Alien universe are fucking retarded.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Alien franchise, but holy fuck every single one of those movies depends entirely on the humans being as fucking willfully incompetent as possible - they break quarantine, they bring dangerous unknown lifeforms onto their ships, they try to capture them alive, they disregard explicit orders not to do shit like go off alone or carry unauthorized weapons, they do stupid shit like try to breed xenos for domestication, yadda yadda yadda. And it's even worse in the comics!

Xenomorphs wouldn't stand a chance if humans weren't doing 90% of their work for them.
>>
>>93169106
>Irken Empire
>Overpowered
>>
Irkens are actually a race of insectoid clones hell bent on conquering the universe. They even conduct their own exterminatus on worlds via planetary bombardment. They call it "organic sweep" They're like wh40k level of aliens
>>
>>93167772
Huh, good point.

Points to the Irken Empire.
>>
File: invader-zim.jpg (133KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
invader-zim.jpg
133KB, 1200x627px
>>93167772
>one of their worst invaders can destroy planets by accident out of sheer stupidity

Zim's a bad example. When it comes to destruction, he's some kind of savant and even kicks ass when it comes to saving the world. He seems like an idiot but in certain situations is some kind of terrifying genius and crazy skilled engineer.
>>
Irkens and Gems are best compared to insects.

Gems are colony insects, like bees. Bees are highly organized, they have different varieties with specific jobs, and have built in efficient weaponry.

Irkens are like wasps. They are solo creatures that can destroy an entire hive alone.

The thing is Irkens are chaotic and creative. They are like humans in that regard. Totally unpredictable. They may be stupid, but its that stupidity that makes them so dangerous.
Gems are organized and follow rules and roles. They have little creativity. In fact, it seems creativity and individuality is frowned upon in Gem culture.

So Ill give it to the Irkens. War is like a poker game, and chess players suck at poker. Irkens are clearly poker players and gems are clearly chess players.
>>
>>93168147
Blue Diamond's the only one who wants justice. I don't think the other leaders care about catching Steven. I think whoever really killed PD is probably happy to have Rose out there as a scapegoat.
>>
>>93169367
Zim is disturbingly competent when he wants to be.
It seems like he can only do his job well when he has a personal vendetta involved.
>that episode where he simulated Dibs entire life just to figure out if he hit him with a muffin.

Maybe that is why he hasnt conquered Earth. Earth hasnt spited him enough.
>>
Let's put it this way: if Irken wanted Earth conquered, Earth would be conquered. They sent Zim to some back-water Podunk to get him out of their hair.
>>
>>93168874
They get raped, get eaten, get mutilated, or a combination of all three
>>
>>93169423
Irkens as a whole aren't even that stupid, especially when compared to humanity in that show. Humans in Invader Zim seemed to experience PHYSICAL PAIN every time they tried to process a semi-complex thought. The only Irken who is anywhere near that stupid is Zim himself, and he still succeeded at taking over the world with his Santa/Easter Platypus scheme.

The Tallests are kinda dumb, but even they know how to successfully command a space armada. At least as long as they have snacks.
>>
>>93168536

Thats fucking retarded

The Gems cant even defeat a 14 year old boy, while Zim, who canonically is a absolute failure and actually was supposed to just die in where the assumed would be nothing, got closer to conquering earth then the Gems with their best.
>>
>>93169184
The control brains are also easily corrupted.

When Zim was put on trial (it was a full script of an episode that went unproduced since the series got cancelled) and his thoughts were made available to the control brains it drove them INSANE and they declared Zim the greatest Irken ever, awarding him free 5 minutes of piloting The Massive.

The control brains are also morons.

The gems greatest flaw is their inactivity. They simply continue to exist (unless something comes along and shatters them) and it gives them no sense of urgency.
>>
>>93168536
How the hell did you determine that?

Irkens send lone warriors out to conquer planets on their own using devices which can destroy/strip planets on their own in an instant.

Gems slowly harvest planets one at a time using the entire brunt of their bureaucratic arsenal, having maybe 40-60 planets total under their belt.

Never mind the individual competence/incompetence both species have demonstrated, in terms of scale it's not even comparable.
>>
>>93169584

The Gems' opponents were Rose Quartz and her huge army of other gems when they were trying to conquer earth though, not Steven. The issues there were with an internal rebellion and a culture fissure threatening the society. They probably became more worried about the disorder and chaos Gems defecting and destabilizing society caused. Now the earth seems like an afterthought at best that they mostly have left alone.
>>
>>93167202
Kek. Well first post'd.
>>
>>93169539
While I support the motion that Irkens would beat the Gems, it's not a really good example because the reason the gems weren't done with the Earth in no time was because of insubordination among their ranks.
The closest thing the Irken Empire has to a rogue element is Zim, and that's because he's too faithful to the Empire.
>>
>>93169582

> Humans in Invader Zim seemed to experience PHYSICAL PAIN every time they tried to process a semi-complex thought.

the earth in Invader Zim always seemed liek someone was keeping everyone deliberately retarded for some reason
>>
>>93169367
>>93169479

Given specific orders and goals, Zim is brutally, terrifyingly efficient; we saw that in the water balloon and Hobo 13 episodes. It's when he's given agency that things go south for him.

If the Tallest had told him to go to Earth and conquer it a specific way, he probably would have done if the first day.
>>
>>93168967

The Heartless just need to find a Keyhole and it's game over for that entire dimension.

Neither Gems nor Irkens are even close to their level.
>>
>>93169740
Something in the atmosphere, if I remember correctly. Membrane kept his kids indoors until they were too old to be affected by that.
Although that might be some headcanon I read somewhere; I could be very wrong here.
>>
>>93169539

They didnt even know there was something there IIRC, they hoped he would just starve or otherwise die
>>
>>93169582
>The Tallests are kinda dumb

Between the two of them, yeah, but that's because Purple drags down the average so much. Red seems much more competent.
>>
>>93169782
I think johnen or one of the writers said some kind of mid level cataclysm set humanity back a good while and theyve kinda stagnated.
>>
>>93169782
IZ Earth seems like some dystopian cooperatist hellhole, I mean just watch the episode where they have that election in School, and the winner gets literally lobotomized so he becomes a obedient "Evrything is awesome" spokesman. As a fucking kid. They lobotomize fucking children who are shown to have any kind of leadership capabilities.

So, yeah, you just might be right.
>>
>>93169695
The Irkens mostly just bomb the shit out of worlds and turn them into stupid thinking like parking lot planets, so they don't do a very good job with efficiently using their resources. They do also take tech from races they blow up though this might be a problem for them in a real fight since they didn't come up with any of their technology and might not understand it very well mostly.

Usually the Irkens seem to encounter no resistance because the races they conquer are so dumb. Zim's "brilliant" disguise is standard and usually works, they just roll in and get surrendered to.

I don't know what would happen if the Irkens actually ran into resistance or how they would deal with that. Gems actually create and understand the weapons and technology they use unlike Irkens. In a fight that could be a problem. I don't know how Gems would deal with a real resistance either though. It's hard to say.

I think the Irkens biggest advantage might be what people say, the Gems have no creativity and cannot think outside of the box, if it's no a routine harvesting mission I don't know what they would do. Meanwhile the Irkens are mostly just stupid. So it's stupidity vs. mediocre routine processes that can't deal with deviation. Almost a who is worse scenario.
>>
The thing that makes the gems an odd case is that the planet they were invading was pretty primitive at the time of their invasion.

The only thing that really held them back was the gem rebellion. So we don't really have a good picture of what a full tilt gem attack is like. It's also worth noting it's not like the diamonds failed to invade earth, they just figured it wasn't worth the effort so they used it for the cluster instead. If Peridot had made it off the planet before turning, it would have been an easy win. It's also possible that if they wanted to soak the losses, they could have defeated Rose.

But I think the better answer to this question keeps in mind the tone of the series writing. I feel like the Diamonds being defeated is a likely outcome of SU, but IZ has a much more cynical tone where aliens conquering earth and the known universe is something that would happen.
>>
>>93169223
Invader Zim is not a serious cartoon and the Irken Empire was obviously thought to be absurdly overpowered as a joke.

Comparing them to Gems is apples and oranges.
>>
>>93169613
>they declared Zim the greatest Irken ever
Which is probably technically correct. Zim is ultra-talented, he's just so petty and self-destructive
>>
>>93169827
One wonders why the let Membrane run around. He's a very respected and well loved scientist and it's amazing that a man of science can gather that much admiration in a world of morons. I wonder if Johnen was making fun of your society by saying that even in a world of idiots they appreciate scientists and their work more than us do. I'm probably reading too deep into it. But anyway, could it be that Membrane is the one keeping everyone down?
>>
File: ORA.gif (562KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
ORA.gif
562KB, 500x344px
I mean, in a straight up fight the Gems would probably stomp. Garnet could kill like a room of Irken soldiers before they lifted their weapons.

I'd say the Irken have been more successful though.
>>
>>93169864
>Usually the Irkens seem to encounter no resistance because the races they conquer are so dumb. Zim's "brilliant" disguise is standard and usually works, they just roll in and get surrendered to.
Is it? Tak's disguise was much better and Zim went by several much better disguises before picking the wig and contacts just because his Irken pride wouldn't allow otherwise.
I think the disguise is just Zim being Zim.
I don't know what would happen if the Irkens actually ran into resistance or how they would deal with that. Gems actually create and understand the weapons and technology they use unlike Irkens. In a fight that could be a problem. I don't know how Gems would deal with a real resistance either though. It's hard to say.
There's the Resisty, if anything. They dealt with them quite swiftly.
>>
>>93169932
The Irken have some pretty potent firepower. Remember that super robotic suit Zim received by mistake?
>>
>>93169894

Membrane seems to have somme kind of deal where he does "Bill Nye the Science guy" kind of shows for the population to hype them about all the awesome science shit the goverment does.

The thing is, he never actually seems evil, just... incredibly autistic. He does SCIENCE all the time. And gives no sht about his children, or that everyone else is a retard, or anything unless it has to do with SCIENCE. So I figure whoever runs shit just leave him allone since his stuff actually is usefull, but he doesnt seem like he would ever spark a revolution or anything, sicne he couldnt give a shit about anything outside his lab.
>>
>>93169869
>The only thing that really held them back was the gem rebellion.

Yes the shit that's a problem for the Gems are rebellion among their own and also apparently the ruling class killing each other (or something, we don't know what's going on yet) not failing to conquer earth per say.

The Irkens don't have the same problem though Zim did manage to take out two Tallest by accident already. If "aberrant" Invaders like Zim or Tak out and out turned on the Irken Empire I think it would have a huge problem (well and harnessing Zim's usual idiocy into his moments of shining competence).
>>
>>93169869
Actually worth noting is that the gem's concept of "conquered" is quite a bit different than a conventional conquering.
They are so far advanced that they are pretty much gods. hell they are referred to as magical throughout the show.
'Conquering' a world to them, is probably just setting up a kindergarten. They didnt even bother wiping out the humans, that was just a natural effect of their existence. Eventually enough gems would be born that all life would drain from the earth.

Their unchallenged presence is "conquering". Humans had no hope of taking a war to them. Hell they werent even entirely aware that their presence was at all sinister.
>>
>>93170003
He does care about his children though. Not enough to spare Dib's feelings when he tells him that Gaz's his favorite because she isn't insane, but he does love them and they love him in return.
Gaz got really pissed off that one time Dib almost ruined their yearly dinner with dad.
And Membrane refused to show and utilize his latest invention that he had taken so long to create because the crowd was impatient and didn't want to wait for his kids to be there. That's some serious love for your kids.
>>
File: Irken_Organic_Sweep.png (412KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Irken_Organic_Sweep.png
412KB, 640x480px
Has anyone ever brought up the fact that the Irkens would just do an organic sweep on Homeworld?
Irkens are superior tech-wise. They've enslaved the smartest and brightest races like the Vortians and are pretty talented themselves
>But Homeworld is made of gems
The Irkens literally terraform planets to turn them into parking lots and storage lockers, doubt any sort of rock would be indestructible to Irken tech
>>
>>93170003

What? He does give a shit about his kids, he just doesn't have time to listen to Dib's paranormal nonsense. He goes through the trouble to schedule actual weekly family time at a restaurant of the kid's choosing, and during most of the time that he's out busy he usually has a drone so he can talk to the kids while he works.
>>
>>93170112
This. His kids might come after SCIENCE! but they hold a special place both in his heart and his schedule.
>>
File: Invader_flobee.jpg (8KB, 150x185px) Image search: [Google]
Invader_flobee.jpg
8KB, 150x185px
>>93169941
>Is it? Tak's disguise was much better and Zim went by several much better disguises before picking the wig and contacts just because his Irken pride wouldn't allow otherwise.
>I think the disguise is just Zim being Zim.

No, when they show Invader Flobee having successfully conquered the Rock Creature planet, his disguise is just as stupid as Zim's, actually much dumber since he just ties some rocks on and looks even less like the rock creatures than Zim does like a person. Aliens in IZ are just dumb.

>>93169941
>There's the Resisty, if anything.

The Resisty are idiots, too.

You mentioned Tak. Tak is unusually intelligent for an Irken and actually for anyone in that universe. She, Dib, Gaz, and probably Zim when properly motivated could probably conquer the entire Universe in a day if they got their shit together. A few characters are big anomalies when it comes to even being capable of rationale thought. Most character alien or human we see in the show realistically would not be able to feed themselves and would just walk off a bridge or something.
>>
>>93170073

Hmm, true enough. Lemme rephrase.

He seem more like he cant connect with his kids. There was a comic(?) or such where Dib stops the whole Alienshebang and actually becomes ascientist and connects great with his dad, and Membranes heartbroken when Dib stops science and goes alienhunting again.

So, yeah, I stay with my "autsitic" wording, but yes he does care about his kids, he just cant bring it over at all, which makes it often look like he cares more about science then them. While its just that he doesnt know how to do LOVE and PARENTING properly, but he knows SCIENCE, so he concentrates on that.

Been a few years I wateched the show though, so it might actually have been a episode, but I think it was a comic.
>>
>>93168380
>Well, an Irken ship was able to go through the sun with nothing but a few scorch marks.
Said ship WAS the MAssive, the Irken flagship. No telling if the other craft are as sturdy.
>>
>>93169972
Which needed to be plugged in?
>>
>>93170159

I believe what you're remembering was the plot for an episode that never got made, but it was only the broad concept of it with no mention of Membrane's reaction after Dib inevitably goes back to his weird shit.
>>
>>93169894
>He's a very respected and well loved scientist and it's amazing that a man of science can gather that much admiration in a world of morons

Membrane and his science is useful to the Earth, so whatever shadow government or Illuminati in charge just lets him do whatever he wants.
The man has a island laboratory dedicated for a sole propose of destroying Santa Claus after all.

>>93169932
The Gems raw physical power would seem like a hard counter to the Irken they rely on tech. But I'm sure Zim to defeat the Gems in a second round given preptime and a better understanding of their powers.
I could actually see Amethyst stalking and pranking Zim from time to time on account how much he remind her of Peridot.

>>93170159
The episode you referring to is an unfinished episode of the show. What's funny is that Dib is shown to be a genius at regular science like his Dad. Dib is literally wasted his talents obsessing over Zim and other paranormal stuff.
>>
>>93170078
>The Irkens literally terraform planets to turn them into parking lots and storage lockers, doubt any sort of rock would be indestructible to Irken tech

Well you're assuming that the Gems have no defenses and have never faced other destructive Empires, we don't know. They have weapons and force fields. Also the Irkens do not know how their own weapons work while the Gems have whole classes of gems who are engineers and build their weapons and defenses. So I don't know. For both Empires we've only really seen them go up against races that can't or don't even mount a defense though that doesn't mean they never have just that we've never seen it.
>>
>>93170153
I find it funny that the only intelligent characters end up getting shafted by Zim's stupidity. Gaz is the only one to remain unscathed.

Its almost like stupidity is the law of the IZ universe and it self corrects via extra stupid.

Perhaps Gaz realized this and is totally uninterested in anything because she knows the stupid effect will destroy her if she uses her intellect.
>>
File: Dib.png (63KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
Dib.png
63KB, 694x694px
The real question is how would Dib react to the gems on Earth
>>
>>93170202
Damn, I'd forgotten about that.
Yeah, that could be a problem.
>>
How well would a Homeworld invasion on Invader Zim Earth would go?
>>
If the Gems are able to think creatively and have any Era-1 Peridots left over, how much damage could they do via shapeshifting?
>>
>>93170292
Like Rolando, except we'd actually like him because he'd get hurt more often.
He'd also be dismayed over nobody in Beach City batting an eye at the presence of fucking aliens running around.
>>
>>93170212
>>93170222

Ohh right, theres a animatic of that in videoform floating around, thats why I was confused about it beeing a comic.

>>93170234

Well that secret council Dib is in contact with actually seems not retarded

And the Ancient Aliens show guy is (at least at the start of the episode) sane and knows that what he does is trash
>>
>>93170222

>I could actually see Amethyst stalking and pranking Zim from time to time on account how much he remind her of Peridot.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster considering what Zim did after being thrown some water balloons.
>>
>>93170351
I could picture a "Prank war goes too far" kind of episode already.
>>
>>93170325
Membrane could fight them off; he's a very competent scientist and has the means both in tech and manpower to put a stop to their invasion. Reverse engineer a few of their gadgets and voila.
Also, we'd get Zim getting pissed at another alien invasion other than his and would sabotage it as much as he could. When it comes to destroying Zim knows better than anyone else of his entire race. It would not go well for the gems.
>>
>>93169479
>>93169773
ZIM would've conquered the Earth by now if it actually wasn't for Dib. Like, it might look like they're two idiots stumbling on their faces trying to have a rivalry, but ZIM's gotten pretty damn close to destroying the Earth and Dib (Or Gaz) managed to stop him.

Although knowing ZIM, he probably would've blown up the whole planet and have nothing left to conquer.
>>
>>93170336
>Well that secret council Dib is in contact with actually seems not retarded
Wasn't he a janitor in a government facility?
>>
>>93170325
Humanity would literally notice no change as the process occurs, and the gems don't even attempt to do anything but just kind of shoo off humans with a broom.

The only problem MIGHT be Professor Membrane, but he could just build some kind of space ship and ditch the Earth and take some humans with him and the gems wouldn't give a shit.
>>
File: Navigator1.png (733KB, 726x554px) Image search: [Google]
Navigator1.png
733KB, 726x554px
>>93170230
I don't know where you're getting the fact that the Irkens don't know how their weapons work, most time Irken tech or other alien tech shows up, the Irken seem to be able to handle it very well. Unlike the Gems, the Irken have to think on the fly and usually will have to adapt to using the world they're currently invading's technology to blend in.

The only times an Irken got fucked over with their own tech was when that slave swapped packages and sent Invader Tenn malfunctioning SIR units and when Zim took control over the Massive and even then Red got the systems back online manually, found out what happened and teleported the power core to the Vortian Ship
>>
>>93170325
Someone in this thread pointed out that Gems don't even really bother "conquering" anything they just immediately start setting up kindergartens and harvesting resources and growing Gems. Eventually the native species is just slowly wiped out as a side effect.

Probably no one on Invader Zim Earth would even notice what was happening in plain sight except for Dib.
>>
>>93168916
>They find Orkz, underestimate their capabilities, and get krumped for it.

...alternately, Orkz and Gems form an unholy union wherein all da Boyz gotta go on a vision quest for the Diamonds. If successful, they're granted their very own Quartz gem to bond with and use Stand-style.

>OI! Dis 'ere's da ultimate Jasper, [Hello It's Me]! Weez gonna break yer face!
>>
>>93170394

http://zim.wikia.com/wiki/The_Swollen_Eyeball_Network

Yeah but hes still rather intelligent and capable for, yknow, the Universe hes in.

>Despite being a janitor, he has impressive engineering skills (having repaired an old rocket NASA once used to shoot monkeys into space)
>>
>>93169040
Realistically our military would have no trouble dealing with them. Sure they're threatening in an enclosed space but plonk them down in the middle of a field and they'd get lit up like a Christmas tree.
>>
Zim wouldn't give a shit about the Gems unless they were on Earth. Then he'd see them as a threat to his mission and probably unitentionally win against them
Every alien that has come to Earth and Zim deems a threat to his mission has been thoroughly beaten down
>Planet Jackers
>Tak
>Baby Aliens
>To an extent, Sizzlor
>>
>>93170430
Technically it's unclear if in Steven Universe there is any form of organic life that's reached interstellar capabilities, or even modern military levels, so it's hard to tell how Homeworld would respond.

But on the other hand, the fact that they apparently need or want geo-weapons like the Cluster, and seem to constantly require more resources kind of implies that they might encounter substantial opposition?

Unfortunately any kind of comparison with Steven Universe falls flat because it's a vague-ass show.
>>
File: Abductors.jpg (67KB, 527x420px) Image search: [Google]
Abductors.jpg
67KB, 527x420px
The Diamonds are better at collecting specimens and keeping a zoo than these guys
>>
>>93170408
This was years ago but Vasquez mentioned once that like the SQUEE aliens Irkens don't understand their tech very well outside of how to operate it, it's Vortian tech. gem tech seems to be Gem tech. That said yes Irkens can at least use the tech. I think some Irkens probably understand it well. Zim comes up with some clever tech that he just doesn't apply to anything intelligent at times, so I don't know how common that skill is. It doesn't seem very valued in their society compared to just being really tall or being an Invader who mostly uses other tech to destroy things.
>>
>>93170473
>But on the other hand, the fact that they apparently need or want geo-weapons like the Cluster, and seem to constantly require more resources kind of implies that they might encounter substantial opposition?
Maybe they're trying to suppress other rebellions, with Rose's being the catalyst.
>>
>>93170433
Or the Gems, in an effort to replicate the Orkz stunning efficiency at taking over planets, create their own Green Diamond, who is essentially just an Ork Warboss, and a line of particularly Orky gems.
>>
File: tumblr_oj0qkayPNQ1w171b8o1_500.png (175KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj0qkayPNQ1w171b8o1_500.png
175KB, 405x344px
>>93170384
All of Dib's victories usually involve Zim screwing up on his own or someone bailing him out of trouble and doing his work for him. (Usually Gaz)). Dib actually has a terrible track record of stopping Zim himself.
>>
>>93170473
>the fact that they apparently need or want geo-weapons like the Cluster

That's a good point. A massive weapon like the Cluster isn't needed to steamroll primitive earth but the fact they need it might mean they're also are war with other interstellar species we don't see, or why would they need interstellar superweapons? Also they have warrior classes (not just Invaders, but warriors) which would seem to imply they had been at war with real threats at times. But the show is so vague we don't know what's going on.
>>
>>93170548
Yeah, Quartz gems appear to be a warrior caste and not repurposed laborers, so that implies that the gems were designed with the idea of opposition being possible. Then again, it's vaguely possible that Quartzes were only really made on Earth, due to primitive humans being the first species to really put up a fight? Though on the other hand, Bismuth talks about building arenas which implies that before the gems reached Earth, they might have had enough of a martial tradition to have gladiators be a thing?
>>
>>93170433
I could see that.
Orkz would be the bastard boyfriends.
>Our race cant just leave okay. you dont know what they are like. They are really nice in private.
>OI YOU GON MAKE ME SANWICH SUMTIME? DONT MAKE ME WAAAAGH!
>... all our CD's are on their planet.
>>
>>93167168
So it kind of comes down to Yellow Diamond vs Red, right? Since Blue Diamond appears to be too busy grieving to do her job, and Purple is kind of a dipshit.
>>
File: Irkslavedriver.gif (14KB, 219x318px) Image search: [Google]
Irkslavedriver.gif
14KB, 219x318px
We haven't really seen too much of either race's actual army
The Invaders are basically spies to just assess it's weakness and capitalise on that
The Armada seems to just follow the Massive around and do organic sweeps

The Irken soldiers (guards?) seem to be much more heavily armoured than any other Irken we've seen
>>
File: Untitled.png (146KB, 496x351px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
146KB, 496x351px
Hey guys, don't mind me, just taking a leisurely cruise through space.
>>
>>93170624
im inclined to believe that quartz as well as other gems, are designed less for purpose as they are the idea.

They are decorative, like Pearls.
Every leader needs a strong army, but they are so unmatched that they are never really needed for combat.
Gladiator fights for show are their only real use. All the quartz on the zoo look like they have never seen a day of combat or training.
I wouldnt be surprised if Rose's rebellion was the first actual military operation the gems ever had to undertake.
>>
>>93170624
We know there's a gladiatorial arena on Earth that was supposedly where the first battles for Earth were fought. It sounds like gems may have had some kind of rite of combat at some point.
>>
How much damage could an average Invader do to Homeworld?

I feel like most of their tech being anti-gem based would enable the invader to sneak around for a while, but I don't think they'd really hold up to scrutiny when encountering gems face-to-face.
>>
>>93167168
in terms of technology i think the gems are far behind. who's more competent? no idea, both seem really stupid
>>
>>93170749
The gems are fucked the moment the invader decides to reverse-engineer their anti-gem shit.
>>
>>93170761
The gems seem to do pretty well in terms of technology, it's really only military in which they're lagging behind, but that could just be because they've never encountered significant opposition that didn't come from other gems.

We also have no idea how fast they can adapt when placed under pressure.
>>
>>93170696
DESTROY HIM
>>
>>93167202
Damn, you're right.
>>
So how would your /co/ invaders fare against /v/'s space pirates?
>>
>>93169885
Yes, so talented he killed not one, but two of the previous Tallest, as revealed in his trial.
>>
File: dicks.png (234KB, 291x333px) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
234KB, 291x333px
>>93170292
He would start by running into the first thicket of people and screaming. Then he would be immediately thought of as crazy, someone would point out that he's already made lots of crazy claims about aliens and ghosts and poo-poo dum-dum monsters, then they'd throw stuff at him and mock the size of his head.

>EVERYONE! THE EARTH IS IN DANGER! EVIL MINERAL WOMEN ARE COMING TO DESTROY THE EARTH BECAUSE A GIANT PINK LADY KILLED THEIR BLUE DIAMOND WOMAN! THERE ARE ROCK MONSTERS SLEEPING IN BUBBLES IN A MAGIC PLACE! THE MAGIC BOY KNOWS THE WAY! TAKE THE LION!!!

Probably about that eloquent.
>>
>>93170798

Thats another thing, the gems really like to make shit to destroy other gems
>>
>>93170798
That is a good point, since most of gem weapon-tech is designed to be used on other gems, Homeworld would be fucked if the Irkens can copy them.
>>
>>93170828
>>93167202
>Pushed to the brink of destruction, Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond are forced to change their heads to look Irken, and maybe cover themselves in cheap green body paint
>The Irkens 100% fall for it
>The Diamonds win but kind of wish they hadn't
>>
>>93170803
they're far behind the irken. the cluster by example required thousands of years to form. tak on the other hand had the technology to hollow the earth by herself
>>
>>93170807
Do you think the Tallest ever read Zim's report on the world engines, even for a laugh
>>
>>93170911
That doesn't mean that that's the only way for gems to destroy a planet, they just wanted to destroy the planet AND get a planet-sized monster, because even YD can't justify not getting some usage out of Earth.
>>
>>93167168
The Irken have a sustained consumerist society at its peak.

The Gems are a dying Empire running out of resources.
>>
>>93170803
>We also have no idea how fast they can adapt when placed under pressure.

If the protracted rebellion and Steven's own experiences are what we have to examine, very badly. Their caste system is so deeply ingrained any attempt to think beyond its imposed limitations is actively discouraged on pain of death, doubly so after Rose's treachery. Peridot is proof that they can develop and grow, but it takes a hell of a long time to get past Homeworld's conditioning. If they can't find the right square shaped Gem for the square shaped hole, they brute force a problem with numbers or superior technology. When that fails they salt the earth and ignore the problem for millennia in the hopes it goes away.
>>
>>93170927
oh wait, he told them. nevermind
>>
>>93167168
We don't really know how competent or incompetent the Diamonds are at colonizing. I suppose they're effective, considering each has a shitton of planets to her name, and the fact that Earth was a failure because of their own troops rebelling, not the locals fighting them off.
>>
>>93170939
it means that their technology is more developed at the point they can do something way more invasive to a planet with a purpose as absurd as fill it with snacks
>>
>>93170832
Space Pirates would totally shove gem shards and whole gems into weapons/random monsters/themselves so it depends on how that works out for them.
>>
>>93170958
True, even the rebellious Crystal Gems are very much beings of routine with rigid thinking.
>>
>>93170956

This pretty much

They might fall later once their retarded way to choose leaderrs leads to having two purples as leaders instead of having Red there to fix shit.

But that could be a while... how old do Irkens get anyways?
>>
the gems would be fucked the day the irken figured out they can use them as batteries
>>
File: Regrt-Holo-H2A.png (2MB, 1440x615px) Image search: [Google]
Regrt-Holo-H2A.png
2MB, 1440x615px
Best alien leaders coming through, albeit not /co/.
I'm still pissed about no Halo 3 Anniversary.
>>
>>93171027
>>93170832
>Metroids absorb life energy directly, killing everything
>It's implied that gems need to drain life energy from the planet to fuel their Kindergartens, eventually killing everything
>???
>>
File: Flying_Pirate.jpg (157KB, 646x954px) Image search: [Google]
Flying_Pirate.jpg
157KB, 646x954px
>>93171027
>>
>>93171071
>Gemtroids

I WONDER HOW THEY RESPOND TO PHAZON?!
>>
>>93170956
this.
Foodcourtia. they’re so massive they have a whole planet dedicated to the sole purpose of serving food.
>>
File: tumblr_nrnq4foSUa1uxe35uo1_500.png (98KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrnq4foSUa1uxe35uo1_500.png
98KB, 500x313px
>>93170868
>They see Zim as a standard irken and not a defect
>They try to send Peridots to try and act like the invaders
>The Tallest find them as annoying as Zim and throw them out the airlock
>>
File: tumblr_mzmok6XKfd1rxojvro1_1280.jpg (330KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzmok6XKfd1rxojvro1_1280.jpg
330KB, 1280x891px
>>93171097
Imagine being the one sane Space Pirate.
>>
>>93170325
>gems plop Injectors wherever they land
>people with "skin conditions" start popping up more often
>humanity is painfully unaware of the life getting sucked out of the planet, besides Dib of course
>Dib pleas with Zim, who ironically falls for the flimsy excuses people make up about the goings on, some he even made up
>earth eventually looks like a crumbling wasteland with buildings sticking out of it
>humanity's only response to this is a superficial anti-pollution campaign
>place looks like garbage, gems leave for the next planet
>Zim claims responsibility for devastating earth to the tallest, who are bewildered.
>To make up an excuse to discredit him, they claim it was someone else.
>"Yeeeah Zim, we don't think it was really you. It was probably those..."
>flips through a rolodex of galactic empires, which lands on the gems
>"Those gem guys. Girls?"
>"we'll make a parking lot out of it anyway though. You can still rule over that."
>Zim tries to rule over parking lot planet with an iron fist, turns out Dib is still the only person who noticed anything
>Zim resumes his domination plan to 'assert his rightful rule'
Status quo is god.
>>
>>93171137
>Status quo is god.
The entire planet is a wasteland and Zim technically "won" via gem drainage. That's a huge change.
>>
File: IMG_0410.jpg (148KB, 417x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0410.jpg
148KB, 417x565px
>>93171097
Phazon always wins.
>>
>>93171056
>But that could be a while... how old do Irkens get anyways?

Zim is a couple hundred years old.
>>
>>93168967

Pretty much what >>93169777 said, both races are pretty much on a MUCH lower level when compared to what the Heartless are capable of.

And there are also a few things that he forgot, the most noticeable being the Heartless' ability to turn fallen beings into more Heartless and their ability to adapt to different environments.
>>
>>93171191
True. I was thinking that the ground getting kindergarten'd is only slightly worse than their current earth.
>>
File: PurpleTakingBets.png (616KB, 721x529px) Image search: [Google]
PurpleTakingBets.png
616KB, 721x529px
>>93171051
>Woh woh woh, wait. Did you say Crystal Gems? That's a stupid name.
>>
>>93167168
Who is better at solving murders Batman or Mr Magoo
>>
>>93171431
>Tallest don't give two shits about Earth
>Steven thinks they're going to invade Earth because of Zim
>Tries to tell them everything good about Earth
>Mentions snacks
>Entire Armada heads towards Earth
>>
>>93171490
>"GIVE US THE BITS."
>post-enslavement, they discover they aren't that good
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 261x193px
>>93171490
>steven gives them some snacks as a token of good will
>they love it but it's not enough, not even a little
>during their time on earth tallest realise just how sugary and unhealthy earth junk food is
>they do an organic sweep and turn the entire planet into a giant snack shack
>>
File: Beerus.jpg (24KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Beerus.jpg
24KB, 1024x576px
>>93171490

Coming after Earth's snacks would only end badly for them.
>>
File: 472px-Sinister_Sweets_KHX.png (211KB, 472x600px) Image search: [Google]
472px-Sinister_Sweets_KHX.png
211KB, 472x600px
>>93171382

And I suppose these guys would probably be the main "big" ones to take out the Irken Empire.
>>
File: Red_and_Purple_talking_about_Zim.png (886KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Red_and_Purple_talking_about_Zim.png
886KB, 1440x1080px
>>93171598
Red: Um... and you are...?
>>
>>93168874
Depends on if they are afflicted with the myopia and retardation that all things living in Warhammer 40k suffer from. Most modern militaries could wipe the floor with anything in 40k (a universe where "super long range artillery" has a range of about half a kilometer).

Irken would dominate simply by sitting at a distance and shooting everything to pieces. They're not smart, but they do love fighting dirty.
Gems suffer from the same stupidity as everyone in the 40k universe, though. They'd try to punch or stab their way through a Tyrannid swarm and go the way of the Squats.
>>
>>93170996
I guess the point is the purpose of the Cluster is to get a Cluster weapon to use for some vague other purpose not to destroy the earth, if they just straight up wanted to destroy a planet and get nothing out of it, maybe they could just blow it up, but that's not the way they operate usually they want to get resources or salvage something out of it instead of destroying just to destroy or something dumb like filling it with snacks.
>>
>>93168874
The Irken Empire has a HILARIOUS first contact with the Tau that ends with the total subjugation of the Tau Empire by the Irken. The Irken fall to chaos by assimilating Dark Eldar and Dark Mechanicus technology. Somehow the Irken are so egocentric that they don't fall to a specific power but are chaos undivided with the patronage of belakar who thinks it is hilarious that they plan to invade the eye of terror.

Fatsight allies with Ultramar to try to resist them/retake the Tau Empire, the Irken replace the Tau Empire without much change to the balance since they would not ally with anyone else.
>>
>>93168891
Irken might have nanotech based biological components, that would easily explain them using cartoon physics.
>>
>>93171675
This is just a reminder that Heartless are capable of being spaceships, and also the size of goddamn living aircraft characters and ACTUAL WORLDS.

Heartless are bullshit, and literally cannot be killed except by one single unique weapon type that no other invasive species would be capable of obtaining and using.
>>
>>93170202
>>93170314
The suit Zim got was a free trial version that only had a short term power source in it. It literally didn't come with the standard battery attached.
>>
>>93168297
>Time travel, pocket spaces, instantaneous interdimensional travel

are we going to ignore that Zim has more or less accomplished similar feats?

he made a bomb that blew up half of the universe for fucks sake
>>
>>93172217
He invented time travel out of spite.

Out of SPITE. And then weaponized the paradoxes it created.
>>
Which species/empire produced the bigger fuckup(s)?
>>
>>93171194
>Metroid mutates horribly with unstable energy sources
>phazon: unstable energy sources that makes things mutate horribly
>mutate horribly
>unstable energy
>Destroy everything
>Delicious candy
>>
File: dib scream.jpg (84KB, 909x548px) Image search: [Google]
dib scream.jpg
84KB, 909x548px
ALIENS! There are shiny rock alien girls that are make lady rock soldiers from the ground! FIND THE HALF-ALIEN BOY WITH A PINK STONE ON HIS BELLY!!! WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO ME?!
>>
File: Defender_(Art)_KH.png (328KB, 493x550px) Image search: [Google]
Defender_(Art)_KH.png
328KB, 493x550px
And here's one that could probably do some damage to the Diamonds. Just give it a fresh coat of pink paint, a pink curly wig, and a sword.

>>93172128
>Heartless are bullshit, and literally cannot be killed except by one single unique weapon type that no other invasive species would be capable of obtaining and using.
>He forgot about that one part in KH2 where The Cornerstone of Light cleared out an entire room of Heartless.

Strong sources of Light are more than capable of killing Heartless, the issue is find artifacts that have that much Light.

>B-but Gems are MADE of light! That should mea-

The light used in holograms and the light that The Cornerstone of Light has inside of it are two different things. If what you said was the case then the Heartless wouldn't be able to set foot anywhere outside of The Dark Realm.

Also...

>and literally cannot be killed except by one single unique weapon type
>one single unique weapon type

There are other Keyblades out there in the universe, you know.
>>
>>93172239
are you talking about when Zim kept replacing stuff with pigs in Dibs past until he was turned into a robot monster?

Also didnt zim make a portal to the Halloweenies realm or was that Dibs magic?
>>
>>93170292

>Dib uses Peridot's computer and makes contact with yellow diamond and she mistakenly believes him to be the cluster because of his large head
>>
>>93170230
The real issue is that we know the size of the Gem Empire while we don't know size of the Irken Empire. The Irken map had whole galaxies on it so there is a huge attrition factor to consider; the Irken have been shown to use other races (including at least one former human military member) as soldiers. Even if the Gems could slaughter them at will it is possible that the Irkens could literally throw their forces at the gems faster than they could kill them for an indefinite period.
>>
>>93168916
I would love a "what if" story where they suddenly have to actually engineer things and procreate rather than rely on the power of belief and weaponized, reality warping retardation. They would be wiped out completely in 2 days.
>>
File: Behemoth_KH.png (208KB, 464x662px) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth_KH.png
208KB, 464x662px
>>93172322

Another thing I forgot to mention is that non-Keyblade weapons CAN kill Heartless, it's just that it can't release the captured hearts in Emblem Heartless.
>>
>>93171985
exactly. the irken have technology so advanced they could destroy a planet to do something stupid without even trying. they constantly take over planets and it's a one invader effort.
>>93172217
>>93172239
also things like this. the gems are far far behind
>>
>>93169932
Gems have raw power, but the Irkens have so much weaponry and numbers that it's like trying to hit a hurricane.
>>
File: xbgiaqct2w1x.gif (3MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
xbgiaqct2w1x.gif
3MB, 1920x1090px
>>93168297

Lapises could be a big problem to Irkens due to their crazy ability to control all of a planet's water and also to generate water from nowhere since water is toxic to Irkens.

Both Gems and Irkens are contained in vessels, gems and PAKs. Which is harder to destroy, a gem or a PAK?

>>93172217

I think Zim might be an exceptional Irken in some ways.
>>
>>93173005
a gem. it can be shattered with blunt force. things like a rock and a gem stepping on it cracked amethyst and lapis respectively. and gems can't be copied
>>
>>93167168
Depends, who is taller?
>>
The Gempire will lose because crying isn't a war tactic. Let's consider the facts.

The gems are durable, but they have a few critical weaknesses that really expose them to non-gem life. I mean, pink diamond was shattered by a random terrorist attack, essentially. The Irken are morons, but they aren't stupid enough to not figure out how to destabilize a situation enough expose the Gempire's weaknesses. Similarly, whatever weaknesses they have can also be compensated for by their client planet species.
>>
>>93173005
Earth's water is toxic to Irkens because it's so polluted and it's probably the reason people are so dumb on IZ earth
>>
>>93173005
>>93173067
i misread that. i meant a gem is easier to destroy
>>
>>93171598
Honestly, Beerus would probably let them do shit because of their snacks. He's easily swayed by that kind of thing
>>
File: 1466796955149.jpg (24KB, 510x479px) Image search: [Google]
1466796955149.jpg
24KB, 510x479px
>>93173005
Irkens aren't vunerable to water, it's just that IZ Earth's water is so fucking polluted that it's toxic to them. They probably have multiple ocean planets turned into Water Parks.
>>
>>93173168
>Similarly, whatever weaknesses they have can also be compensated for by their client planet species.

Don't those species actively work against the Irken Empire when opportunity presents itself? Plus, they're all as stupid or stupider than the Irken themselves. They won't be much help.
>>
File: Eyes.gif (931KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes.gif
931KB, 245x184px
Zim gets retard strength and actually becomes competent when something threatens his mission

>Tears out Steven's eyes to stop him from crying all the time
>>
>>93173402
Maybe. A Lapis just needs to load up on some polluted water then though. Also couldn't you make polluted water on purpose to use as a weapon? I mean I guess they could just spray acid on the Irkens too. SInce it wouldn't effect them.
>>
>>93167168
That's kind of unfair. Red and Purple have only been at the job for a few decades at most because Zim killed their previous two predecessors.

But I guess Red and Purple since no one besides that table from has rebelled against them and even renegades like Zim and Tak work for the glory of the Irken Empire
>>
The only living enemies of the Irken Empire are the Resity and its because of Zim they were not annihilated during the phonecall
>>
File: crystal.png (446KB, 1427x2778px) Image search: [Google]
crystal.png
446KB, 1427x2778px
>Zim killed a new Diamond during Hobo 13
>>
File: Drek_Broadcast.png (264KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
Drek_Broadcast.png
264KB, 640x470px
Eh, screw it. I may as well post these little bits I found on the archive.

>"Hello, citizens of (Insert name of Gem/Irken-controlled planet here). My race, The Blarg, have a small problem. Our planet has become so polluted, overpopulated, and poisonous that we are no longer dwell here. But I, Chairman Drek, have a solution! We are constructing a pristine new world using the choicest planetary components available.
>So what does this mean for you, you might ask? Using highly advanced technology, the likes of which you couldn't possibly understand, we will be extracting a large portion of your planet and adding it to our new one!
>Unfortunately, this change in mass will cause your planet to spin out of control and drift into the sun where it will explode a flaming ball of gas. But, of course sacrifices must be made...
>Thank you for your cooperation!
>And if you don't like it you can take your whiny, sniveling, snot-nosed population, form a line behind me and KISS MY A-
>We're still on? WELL THEN TURN IT OFF ALREADY, YOU IDIOT!

More to come in a minute.
>>
>>93173472
There's no guarantee it's polluted water in general, since earth in IZ is almost a literal shithole. It could depend on how polluted the water is .Plus, Zim knows how to counter water, that being Glue, with Irkens in the Armada having actual diving equipment.
>>
>>93173590

No, we've all seen you post that stupid shit before and nobody gave a fuck.
>>
>>93173552
Clearly that alien race is the ancestor to modern gems, and Steven Universe takes place hundreds of thousands of years after Invader Zim, long enough for the Earth to wipe civilization clean while still leaving humans, who, while less destructive, are still pretty stupid.
>>
File: Hunter_of_the_Dark.jpg (91KB, 706x575px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter_of_the_Dark.jpg
91KB, 706x575px
>>93171382

That begs to question as to HOW they'd adapt, from what we've seen in the games they just take on certain themes of a world (for example, the two "new" species of Heartless we saw in the new trailer were based off of gladiators, minotaurs, and Icarus).

So what would that mean for Heartless that spawn on the Gem Homeworld and planets controlled by the Irken?
>>
>>93173168
>The Gempire will lose because crying isn't a war tactic. Let's consider the facts.
That's mostly an Earth thing. Homeworld gems like that are few and are usually shattered for resources.

>pink diamond was shattered by a random terrorist attack
That was proven to be a cover up since any and all methods if attack wouldn't have worked. What REALLY killed her is still unknown.

Also, remember, the gems have a good number of troops that can see and change the future, along with shape shifters that might be able to infiltrate Irken ranks. if that's not enough, they can survive without food, water, or even air for eternity, so they have a slight edge in space battles should they break a ship's hull. Also, until it is discovered that the gem needs to be shattered every gem could keep respawning.
>>
This is kind of iffy, actually. The Gems lost a civil war against a poorly funded terrorist cell, but the Irken have been set back a shit ton by a single incompetent invader who wasn't even trying to rebel.
They're both kind of bad at invading and leading, but I have to give the Irken the advantage in invading, since they apparently only need a single invader to take a planet, and seem to be far more efficient at it.
>>
>>93168967
Pretty sure that you need a keyblade to fight Heartless.
>>
>>93173987
>Pretty sure that you need a Keyblade to fight Heartless.

Donal, Goofy, Hercules, Tarzan, Aladdin, Genie, Ariel, Jack Skellington, The Beast, Dumbo, Mulan, Mushu, Auron, Jack Sparrow, Simba, and various other characters from the KH series say otherwise.
>>
File: prof-membrane.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
prof-membrane.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>93167168
>Hahaha, you poor, sad, pitiful, pastel-colored, giant ladies think you can take over Earth. I'm afraid I'm going to have to introduce you to the mightiest weapon humanity has at its disposal: SCIENCE!!!
>>
>>93174055
>Donal
*Donald
>>
>>93174055
Fine, let me rephrase.
You need a keyblade to stop the heartless.
>>
>>93173005
didn't zim suck up all of earth water one time just to make a giant water balloon ?
>>
File: Cornerstone_of_Light_KHII.png (214KB, 365x492px) Image search: [Google]
Cornerstone_of_Light_KHII.png
214KB, 365x492px
>>93173753
>So what would that mean for Heartless that spawn on the Gem Homeworld and planets controlled by the Irken?

Hoo boy, here we go...

>Heartless based off of the concept of fusion.
>Heartless based off of Cluster Gems and possibly formed from the hearts of Cluster Gems.
>Heartless that adapt to combat both Homeword Gems, Corrupted Gems, and possibly the Crystal Gems.
>Heartless based off of Robonoids

I haven't seen Invader Zim in a long time, so someone else will have to do that one.

>>93174156

Then see >>93172322. Artifacts like The Cornerstone of Light are more than capable of keeping The Heartless off of a world (which is just KH's way of saying universe), The Gems and Irken Empire just have to build devices that can harness and control that much Light if they want to keep their domains Heartless-free.

Well, that and keeping folks like Master Xehanort out of their world.

>>93174483

Yep, you're thinking of The Wettening.
>>
File: 1497149884543.png (153KB, 294x317px) Image search: [Google]
1497149884543.png
153KB, 294x317px
>>93173464
>steven
His name is Keef you idiot
>>
File: 1494210369278.png (218KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494210369278.png
218KB, 640x480px
>>93173464
>>93174691
DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
>>
File: Invader Zim 012-008.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Invader Zim 012-008.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93174069
Membrane is best Gem.
>>
>>93171066
Me too.
>>
>>93167202
How "tall" are we talking about here.
>>
>>93174573
Wait aren't the worlds just fragments of a once existing super world that broke apart after the keyblade war or something like that?
>>
File: science.png (488KB, 1360x800px) Image search: [Google]
science.png
488KB, 1360x800px
>>93174069
>>
>>93167772
This, Irkens are fucking idiots but they're so OP that they've still overrun most of the galaxy. If the Gems and the Irken Empire ever encountered each other the surviving Gems would be driven to an existential crisis wondering how they got obliterated by people that stupid.
>>
>>93168575
Hey look! It's one of David's science projects!
>>
File: Invader Zim 013-014.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Invader Zim 013-014.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93167772
This. At the very least, it's made very clear that the only reason Zim keeps Dib around (and alive) is because he adores bullying him.
>>
>>93170696
Oh fuck yes. The Beast are one of the best examples of a true deadly threat.
>>
>>93168147
kek
>>
>>93167168
Irkens, their civilization consist in invading
>>
>>93167361
Red is shown to be decently competent when it matters actually in later episodes.

I know the original plan for the series supposedly had Dib fixing up his spaceship and going to try to take on the Massive, thinking all irkens were stupid idiots he could trick like ZIM so they definitely aren't complete idiots.

As for the Diamonds and Irkens, I think the Irkens are more successful. They seem to require less resources to create more Irkens thus more soldiers, they work with other alien species to some extent (Footcourtia for instance has plenty of non-irkens welcome to it) even if ultimately there's those who are either slaves, prisoners, or just in general are forming a Resisty.

Homeworld and gems don't really seem like they're that feared in the universe since we haven't really sen any other species come in contact with them, so either they wiped out all other life or they're barely a blip on the radar of other more powerful species.
>>
>>93170911
The Cluster was created thousands of years before ths start of the show and gem technology has improved since then going by how much faster and more durable their ships are.
>>
>>93174718
That's just fucking hilarious.
>>
Ever realied how close the Irken Empire is to the Etherals in the new Xcoms?
>>
>>93171927
>(a universe where "super long range artillery" has a range of about half a kilometer).
That's just because the Writers are retards who don't understand numbers. Reminder that they're idea of a super devestating IF campaign actually ended up having less casualties than WWII. Take what they say with at least a grain of salt.
>>
>>93172617
They already can engineer things competently though. Contrary to 1d4chan memes, the power of the WAAAUGH effect is actually very weak. The guns and vehicles Orkz make still function, the Waaaugh effects just turn their 1/100 chance of exploding into a 1/1000 chance. It's why Red vehicles only go marginally faster in the table top.
>>
>>93178372

Yeah, IIRC their SUPER MEGA tanks originally had SUPER THICK Armor which actually was only half as thick as WW2 tanks armor
>>
>>93168638
>shill wasn't used until this summer

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>93178939
It means you don't know what shill means kid.
>>
File: Invader Zim 012-014.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Invader Zim 012-014.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93177773
Still funny?
>>
>>93168891
>Skoodge was killed once and he came back saying he was okay now.
Remembering this made me bust out laughing
>>
File: Zim-Spider-Pak.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zim-Spider-Pak.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>93168891
Facehuggers would likely be rejected and eradicated by the Paks since an outright foreign parasite is easier to spot than a subversive bologna infection. And even if it did manage to hatch its eggs, the resulting entity would be hideously weak given the stock they were grafted with and its likely the Irken itself would survive given how vestigial their organs are.

Xenomorphs could kill an Irken body easily, but if they're too slow on the draw they might wind up becoming the Pak's new host which would have an easy time overwriting their minds with that of the Irken they were installed with originally since Xenomorph minds, while dangerously intelligent, are rather simple.
>>
>>93167261
That's because Pink Diamond still has domain of the planet. Fucking obviously
>>
>>93179599
I figured that the Paks might just switch over from the Irken to the marginally more physically capable xenomorph that would spawn from it.
>>
it takes only one irken to take over an entire planet
>>
File: Invader Zim 012-012.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Invader Zim 012-012.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93179681
They don't even really need to do so. They're just dicks like that. For example, unless it also doubles as a teleportation hub to nearby worlds in the system, a Parking Lot Planet is the most retarded idea ever.
>>
>>93170624
HBA is a quartz and holds Earth quartz to a lesser regard, implying she wasn't made there
>>
File: 4314599-95415.jpg (130KB, 582x693px) Image search: [Google]
4314599-95415.jpg
130KB, 582x693px
>>93168575
Get wrecked Xeno scum
>>
You know now that I think about it. I find it absolutely idiotic and appalling that an EPISODIC TV show like invader zim has more lore and detail about the culture, strengths, weaknesses, scale and technology of the main antagonist alien race (irken empire) than Steven Universe a show with an over arching story plot has about their main antagonist alien race. The creators of invader zim go as far as to making different ship designs for the irkens each with their own unique names and purposes. While all steven universe has are space ships shaped like human body parts....
>>
>>93179857
It's because Steven Universe isn't about a space opera.
It's a gay agenda she's pushing, and does a horrible job at it because the show is boring as shit to kids.
>>
Gems beat Irkens in most fights/conflicts due to superior tech and capabilities.

Irken Empire beats Homeworld because while both of their leaders are stupid, The Tallest are crazy-stupid while the Diamonds are just stupid-stupid.
>>
File: 1496700972020.jpg (852KB, 2359x3442px) Image search: [Google]
1496700972020.jpg
852KB, 2359x3442px
Gems and Irkens are pretty tough on their own.
But can the both of them, together, defeat DAOT humanity at it's height?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dark_Age_of_Technology
>>
>>93179718
That is true, but I'm not sure if the show is treating Agates and Quartz as different types of gem, like it does Rubies and Sapphires, despite rubies just being red sapphires.
>>
File: 1449728972068.png (218KB, 559x682px) Image search: [Google]
1449728972068.png
218KB, 559x682px
>>93169184
>aristocrats bred to rule, which is a weakness.
>>
>>93179938
You can't say "superior tech" since the only techy thing they've ever shown on SU is the gem destabilizer, rose's obsolete canons, floating space ships and those tracking eye ball things that hunted steven down on homeworld
>>
>>93179969
Rebecca Sugar has said that she "was just really excited to have a quartz with her hair up, a sort of librarian-type."
>>
>>93180001
Depending on your feeling on Clarke's Third Law, you also have to account for FTL travel much faster than the Irkens, time travel, teleportation, pocket dimensions, and especially fusion.

Don't forget that you can combine a tiny expendable runt, a deformed midget warrior grunt, a service drone, and a small future teller (that can only predict the most likely future by the way) into a six armed titan that could easily destroy hundreds of Irken ships.
>>
>>93180121
That time travel episode was retconned because they realised that it would answer basically all steven's question. Irkens also have teleportation technology as seen in the show, they've conquered several planets throughout the universe so they must indeed have FTL technology, Zim once attempted to bring his entire class into another dimension that was basically a room with a moose.

Fusions aren't even relevant anymore because of destablizers and other gem tech. They were only good during the gemwar when everyone was still using melee weapons (for some reason, I mean they had space ships).
>>
>>93179428
Hell yeah, that's even better.
He just kept the corpse there and locked him in with his own future body. That's so edgy and lazy of Zim to do you can't help but laugh at it.
>>
can the gems ship fly through a sun?
>>
>>93180790
Does heat affect them? They're light projections after all.
>>
>>93180832
>Does heat affect them?
unless they have heat powers like ruby(s)
>>
>>93176141
OTP fuckers.
>>
>>93179857
True. Shame the comic's been farcical episodic stuff so far.
>>
>>93179969
>>93180031
I assume Agates are like a subcategory that are used to enforce and manage lesser Quartz the way a drilk sergent is still a soldier but has authority over lessers. They are used to "terrify" after all
>>
Here's a question, how would the Tallests and the Diamonds do if Shakara was out for their heads?
>>
>>93167772
>>93167841
>>93168147
>>93169288
>>93176141

The Diamonds didn't know Steven existed until the moment he handed himself over to them. They thought Rose Quartz was corrupted like everyone else.

If you're gonna complain, at least pay attention to the show so your complaint isn't invalid.
>>
File: IMG_2195.jpg (18KB, 236x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2195.jpg
18KB, 236x172px
>>93182646
I dunno who this guy is, but he looks pretty edgy!
>>
>>93167202
Nope. The Diamonds, like all Gems, are simply mere holograms. When you destabilize their solid light form, they revert to rocks that aren't as tall as the Tallest. So the filthy rock ladies have been outmatched by the superior might of Irken biology and good ol' cybernetic modification.
>>
>>93177266
>Homeworld and gems don't really seem like they're that feared in the universe since we haven't really sen any other species come in contact with them, so either they wiped out all other life or they're barely a blip on the radar of other more powerful species

It could also be within the Steven Universe universe that there aren't any other sentient beings other than Gems and Humans.
>>
>>93167168
The planet of Slaughtering Rat People of Blorch was conquered by Invader Skoodge.
>>
>>93183210
Yeah... but they were fucking rats.

Skoodge's "great victory" was realizing that the Slaughtering Rat People of Blorch had no defense against orbital bombardment.
>>
>>93169184
>the stated premise isn't that the whole universe is filled with morons, so the Gem Empire has more of a challenge conquering races that aren't total idiots.
do you even watch the show you absolute mongoloid, everyone except very specific characters seem to have fucking lead poisoning because of how retarded they act

Connie's mum thought an abomination with several extra extremities and no pulse was the result of a fucking carcrash for christ sake

and we've not even seen any other species yet, I seriously don't think we ever will.
>>
File: 1726-shakara.jpg (64KB, 580x312px) Image search: [Google]
1726-shakara.jpg
64KB, 580x312px
>>93182925
Shakara is basically an instrument of vengeance created by a now-extinct race of the same name, that is going on a rampage to kill everyone related to the extinction of said race throughout the entire galaxy. He is ridiculously hard to kill.
>>
>>93185029
So what if neither the Irkens nor the Gems were related to that species extinction?
>>
>>93185082
He will pretty much ignore them. But that wouldn't be fun.
>>
>>93167202
Fuck lad you earned it, fpbp.
>>
File: H3_Elite_Minor.jpg (165KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
H3_Elite_Minor.jpg
165KB, 1536x1152px
>gems arrive on ring structure

WORT WORT WORT
>>
>>93183396
Clear example of the dumbest and shortest Irken doing more than the gems
>>
>>93171137
>>gems plop Injectors wherever they land
>>people with "skin conditions" start popping up more often
>>humanity is painfully unaware of the life getting sucked out of the planet
>>humanity's only response to this is a superficial anti-pollution campaign
>>place looks like garbage, gems leave for the next planet
sounds exactly like SU's earth
>>
>>93182777
Except they fucking did, They had explicit audio, video and eye witness all coming from fucking Peridot, in which the crystal gems show THEMSELVES to say they're still fighting for Earth. Watch your fucking show.
>>
>>93186204
Yet Rose Quartz was nowhere in sight.
>>
>>93186204
why would they think Rose Quartz was corrupted when at least some of her soldiers weren't? It ain't like they saw her die taking the murdercock
>>
>>93186425
was for
>>93186255
>>
File: how.jpg (142KB, 1533x1367px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
142KB, 1533x1367px
How did we go from this..
>>
File: this.png (233KB, 624x457px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
233KB, 624x457px
>>93186477
to this
>>
>>93186447
There hadn't been no Rose Quartz activity for around five thousand years, and it's been shown that gem could avoid getting corrupted if they were poofed at the time or were hiding in some kind of pocket plane.
>>
>>93182777
That is all irrelevant when you see that Steven is in their fucking chambers and he STILL gets away just because they got distracted with plot convenience arguing.

Why don't you watch your own fucking show rather than assuming it has no flaws and that the characters power and intelligent levels don't fluctuate to bend with whatever is needed for the plot at the moment.
>>
>>93186477
>>93186494

Bad writing.
>>
>>93175567
They really seem to be skyscrapers in comparison to everyone else, the tallests were slightly taller than a tall human.
>>
They couldn't even conquer a planet of hairless apes.
>>
File: 1380286312159.png (55KB, 297x320px) Image search: [Google]
1380286312159.png
55KB, 297x320px
>>93186494
If you have to ask, you're not ready to know.
>>
File: 1495518642639.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495518642639.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>93187079
I need the answer
>>
>>93187231
Character development.
>>
File: 1997238-gedc0020.jpg (93KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
1997238-gedc0020.jpg
93KB, 1100x700px
>>93187246

>Pearl
>5000+ years on earth
>tries to cling to the "strongest"
>has been this way since her conception

>Peridot
>cold, cruel, callous maintenance worker
>first major villain
>gets bubbled
>suddenly autistic loli

wha
>>
>>93187378
When Peridot called YD a gem nigger, she snapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOqmoqrbV2c
>>
File: samurai jack 1779x2390.jpg (69KB, 420x564px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack 1779x2390.jpg
69KB, 420x564px
I love Invader Zim threads.
>>
>>93188130

It was a good show IMO
>>
>>93169106
To be honest from what we have seen from the show so far we are not even sure are their any other sentient species outside of humans and gems in the SU universe
So it's it's kinda hard to judge how powerful the gem empire has a whole is
>>
File: Tak's_ship_in_the_arctic.png (326KB, 831x577px) Image search: [Google]
Tak's_ship_in_the_arctic.png
326KB, 831x577px
>>93179857
The Irken ships were always my favourite
>>
>>93168967
To be honest their more of a force of nature in the kingdom universe
>>
>>93188130
>>93188902
Really though, it had kickass alien designs (like >>93189316 ), sweet industrial soundtrack, funny satire on end-game consumerist culture, all around fun. The main problem with Invader Zim is an issue shared with bacon, anime in general, and Jesus Christ Our Lord: really good things with a painfully annoying fanbase. You have to try really hard to forget the mid-2000s Hot Topic "lol xd waffles *holds up sp0rk*" crowd when watching IZ, which uses exactly that kind of humour and fueled a whole generation of widespread mall-emo monsters who still wear GIR shirts to this very day.
>>
>>93189507
>bacon
Is it crispy vs chewy?
>>
>>93178372
It has more to do with Warhammer's origins as a fantasy game, and the melee combat baggage that came with it. In order for Spess Marines to get up close with their chainswords, the range and effectiveness of your average rifleman has to be made pathetic (they might as well be throwing their ammo by hand), and with that as your baseline tanks and artillery are similarly worthless.
>>
>>93184579
>Connie's mum thought an abomination with several extra extremities and no pulse was the result of a fucking carcrash for christ sake

You would be surprised with the weird shit that is born on India and China. She thought that the no pulse issue was due to broken equipment.
>>
Zim really enjoyed putting people in simulated realities
If the Gems were bothering him, he'd probably just fire a few of those helmets he used to sell candies on them
>>
>>93189728
Would helmets even work, considering gems don't have conventional brain?
>>
File: 1496970340814.gif (335KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496970340814.gif
335KB, 320x218px
>>93186494
>>
>>93171988
>implying Zim doesn't save his race at the last second
>>
>>93170451
You can still smell the monkey.
>>
>>93182972
Funnily enough, IIRC it's similar for Irken's too. I remember reading somewhere that pack they always have on is essentially them.
>>
File: Invader Zim 013-009.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Invader Zim 013-009.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93181115
NEVER!!!
>>
Such a shame we can't see a crossover. Zim wrecking havoc on their world would be gold.
>>
File: invader_zim_016_010.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
invader_zim_016_010.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93192497
"Your big, ugly house is now MY big, ugly house, Steven UniBARF!"

"It's not a house, it's temple!"

"Wh-what was that? I can't hear you. This intercom only goes one way."
>>
>>93192752
>"Wh-what was that? I can't hear you. This intercom only goes one way."
kek. I could see that happening with Zim on all of his shit.
>>
>>93167202
/thread
>>
>>93182972
>>93191281
Yeah. Their pac is what contains all of their personality.
>>
We've never seen any other aliens the gempire have conquered. Probably because they just kill them all and mine out their planet. I don't think we'll ever see any examples. But on a pure technological and militaristic standpoint it's probably the Irkens. A base Irken drone ship is a hell of a lot more capable than a Ruby ship and I don't imagine one of the arm ships the gems use actually being that strong. Irkens have also been shown to go all out when they're warring and completely subjugate their underlings while the gems sort of just set up shop on another planet and ignore the local populace given that they're not advanced enough to do anything about it.

A big part of it is the nature of the different species. Irkens are militaristic retards who only exist to conquer and fuck shit up and do so with wanton use of advanced weapons. Gems are more refined and interested in society and conquering is secondary. If they had to fight I'm not sure who would win but as invaders Irkens win. Diamonds are obviously better rulers.
>>
>>93169215
>they do stupid shit like try to breed xenos for domestication
You know we'd do it too
>>
>>93170457
I'm not so sure about that. We would do a lot better than in the movies yes but drop a xeno egg in a place like Africa or China? The world will be overrun by sheer numbers before anyone knows what was going on.
>>
>>93189286
Dialogue has definitely alluded to other life forms being conquered many times.
>>
>>93169184
>Meanwhile if IZ hadn't been cancelled some spergy little kid (Dib) was supposed to almsot single-handedly destroy the Irken Empire
I forgot about this. Zim is a much more comedy focused show than SU so I'm going to politely ignore that aspect and only focus on the stuff we've seen.
>>
>>93169367
Actually it's not a bad example. Tak came to Earth and hollowed out its entire core in a couple days.
>>
>>93193765
Good thing is because it never happened, it could easily have been changed.
>>
>>93169827
And a lot of humans are shown to have some kind of implant in their head.
>>
>>93169894
Membrane is either in on it or they know he would be unstoppable if they tried to do anything to him and probably end up taking over himself. He's fine with doing science and being a pretty shitty dad so they don't fuck with him.
>>
>>93170003
He tried to make the world better in Future Dib and actually held off on doing so until his kids could be with him during the ceremony.
>>
>>93169864
>I don't know how Gems would deal with a real resistance either though.
That was earth and it didn't go well for one of their god kings.
>>
>>93169932
Irkens never fight with actual strength though. They use shit like mechs like the one Zim uses to fuck up the Irken homeworld in the first episode.
>>
>>93170078
>Irkens are superior tech-wise
I don't think so. They've got great firepower but gem tech is indistinguishable from magic and the tech is an extension of the gems themselves. Irkens and Gems are probably equal in terms of technological advancement just in different fields. They're very similar.
>>
>>93170325
I guess it depends on how many get sent to invade. Gems are pretty dumb all around and Zim has fended off attempts to "steal" his mission before, but Tak and the Planet Jackers were just 1-2 upstarts with massive doomsday devices. Having to fight off an army might prove tricky even for him.
>>
I'm amazed at how good this thread is. There's been little to no shitposting, and actually interesting discussion
>>
>>93189802
>Puts helmet on Garnet
>She gets hypnotized
>Zim uses her to kill her friends while laughing like the lovable jerkass he is
>>
>>93172394
>we know the size of the Gem Empire while we don't know size of the Irken Empire.
Don't you mean the opposite? We've literally never seen the gem empires engage with anything but earth but there's lots of dialogue alluding to gems having lots of planets under control and coming up against other species. The Irken empire seems to control pretty much everyone and whoever isn't controlled will soon be. The gem empire could be just as big we just don't know.
>>
>>93170473
I think the cluster was an experiment. They had this idea laying around and said "Hey why don't we put it in this planet because fuck that planet" and then they left and ignored it to do its thing. They don't actually use the cluster offensively.
>>
>>93170481
>I've been fused with so many things I don't even know what I am anymore!
>>
>>93170956
>The Gems are a dying Empire running out of resources.
When was this implied? I've seen no evidence the gem empire is on the decline. It seems they're even advancing.
>>
>>93173168
>I mean, pink diamond was shattered by a random terrorist attack, essentially.
We don't know that. Theories are starting to turn to Yellow Diamond being involved. There's definitely more to the situation than we know currently.
>>
File: 1392526425165.gif (2MB, 615x413px) Image search: [Google]
1392526425165.gif
2MB, 615x413px
>>93179428
>Jeff!
>>
>>93179857
We find out a lot about the gems in most episodes though. We're finding out about their culture and everything else through the lense of someone on earth. The world building is all there just like Zim but we're learning it slowly as is the style of the show and ships modeled like body parts is cool as hell.
>>
>>93194472

Peridot mentions it in Too Short To Ride, IIRC.

Another thing worth mentioning is tgat she also came up with a plan that would allow Gemkind to use Earth as a Kindergarten planet without damaging its biosphere, so the whole resource crisis that the Gem Homeworld is buckling under is the fault of the Diamonds and them being too stubborn to look for alternatives.
>>
>>93172217
You're comparing alien invaders from a show that writes in mass destruction for the hell of it, to alien invaders from a show where gems merely sucking the life out of some small deserted venues is reason for grievous concern. The latter would never be allowed to be truly powerful just to give the good guys a fighting chance. How stupid do you feel?
>>
>>93194833
>How stupid do you feel?
Not as stupid as you are. Not him, but your show gets its ass kicked by Zim.
>>
>>93185537
Wouldn't they just ignore it?

I'm not sure if artificial worlds like that have any life energy to drain.
>>
>>93194996
They're draining minerals or something. That's what gems are made of.
>>
File: Tyranid_art_fex_gaunts.jpg (436KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid_art_fex_gaunts.jpg
436KB, 1280x799px
a challenger appears
>>
>>93194996
the ring had trees and shit on it so it has enough life.
>>
File: 1484707080776.jpg (847KB, 1200x913px) Image search: [Google]
1484707080776.jpg
847KB, 1200x913px
>>93194962
>my show
Zim is squealing Hot Topic garbage compared to my show. Time to kill yourself.
>>
>>93195050
I thought the gem drills implant the gem "seed" and it grows and sucks the life out of the planet?
>>
>>93195196
Meaning minerals. I'm pretty sure it's not literally life force or anything like that. Peridot even talks about the different mineral composition of the rocks affecting the gems.
>>
File: 1496195891435.jpg (127KB, 745x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496195891435.jpg
127KB, 745x1024px
>>93191391
Hot.
>>
>>93195247
It might be more complex than that. Jewelry gems aren't the same as living gems. Heck, Pearl and Garnet thought Lapis was just a nonsentient tool gem before she started talking to Steven. Then again Peridot was sentimental about the peridotite stuff underground. This is interesting shit to explore that will never be covered unless they put out some DEEP LORE books.
>>
>>93195247
While it's true that in Peridot's case, molten Peridotite played some role in her creation, we don't really know whether or not that's all that's needed, or if there's some "magic" involved in gem-production as well.

People tend to assume that life energy is needed because otherwise the idea of Homeworld suffering a resource shortage is laughable, since even a modest asteroid can probably yield at least one gem.
>>
>>93195369
I don't think it's that there are gems that are just batteries, I think it's that tool-gems aren't supposed to be conscious like they aren't in a bubble, but when Lapis's gem was cracked, the mirror was partially damaged as well enabling her to still be able to think and reason and be driven insane with bitterness hatred and despair.
>>
>>93195369
>>93195383
I don't think it's literally the same thing as what makes gems in the real world or that there isn't some extra working to it but I think it's intended to be minerals that create gems. The show isn't scientific so it's not going to go to lengths to explain exactly how gems are born nor should it. I think the desertification is caused by them sucking general nutrients from earth sure maybe the stuff that's in an amethyst isn't important to plant life but the show isn't worried about science.
>>
>>93195409
This thing screamed in agony when Garnet burned it. The crew, Joe I think, confirmed the paints were made from crushed up gem shards.
>>
File: TB_-_Garnet.png (708KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TB_-_Garnet.png
708KB, 1280x720px
>>93195667
>>
>>93195667
A lot of that stuff from the first season was ill conceived and no longer canon.
>>
>>93193509
>diamonds are better rulers
The average Irken has a galaxy spanning empire pandering consumerist junk food and goodies to them. The Tallest might be idiots leading even worse idiots, but they have delivered their people the closest thing they can imagine to paradise.

What have the diamonds done to compare?
>>
>>93195938
For the upper caste gems I'm pretty sure it's like paradise.
>>
>>93195154
kek. Better show beats your gemshit.
>>93195196
The life of a planet are the minerals/plants.
>>
>>93195938
The aren't even idiots. Just silly at most. Not counting Purple who is a jackass. The issue with the Irken is they haven't conquered everything, so they haven't entered the downward spiral yet, but they're beginning to show the loss of intelligence of the average citizen has when they have little to no competition.
>>
>>93168147
>>93167772
>Blue Diamond is a goddamn crybaby who somehow hasn't gotten to the bottom of an ancient crime even though she's a god-empress
>Yellow Diamond is an alienating hardass who's probably up to some shady shit
>Pink Diamond is kill
>White may or may not exist

Yeah, I'm betting on the species that isn't led by beings that seem to be on their periods all the time.
>>
>>93168575
>idiot savants whose village idiot can threaten a planet by himself
>hardlight entities that can build pocket dimensions like IKEA furniture
>vs a bunch of oversised toxic, horny cockroaches

They get stomped on. Possibly literally.

At least break out the 'nids if you want an interesting swarm-nemesis for these two.
>>
>>93197015
Don't forget that they were made by a retarded android played by the most overrated actor of the decade.
>>
>>93197072
Oh gods yes, damn things don't even have QUEENS naturally. If the crew weren't clinically retarded said they'd have propably died in ignominy once they exhausted every food source on that planet.
>>
>>93183062
See, this I really have trouble accepting, because Homeworld is so incredibly focused on warfare and conquering, but if there's no real races to fight beyond themselves and humans, what's the point of the giant space army? It just doesn't make sense because they're so regimented and focused on their society that it's likely the rebellion was a very rare and unexpected event.
>>
>>93197207
It's definitely not true. There are others. They often talk like there are or have been others. There's lots of evidence for there being others.
>>
>>93192497
I think Sugar is trying to put that part of her life behind her. Except for bringing Peridot to the show, that is.
Maybe one day they'll do a crossover (if licenses allow it) if anything so Vazquez and Sugar can compare their so incredibly different styles. After all, he was her major artistic inspirations during her teenage years.
>>
>>93197015
Zim did all of the shit the gems did though.
>>
File: Love Machine.png (413KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Love Machine.png
413KB, 512x384px
Now, how much more efficient at taking over earth would Zim be if pic related moved next door to him?
>>
>>93167168
The diamonds are fucking garbage now that everything is being laid on the table.

Irkens: Have conquered 99% of inhabited planets they have shown on screen

Diamonds: Have FAILED to conquer 100% of inhabited planets shown on screen

Irkens: Have some retards in their care, but no rebellions. Send retards to distant worlds where they can fuck off.

Diamonds: Have a lot of retards in their care, and 1 rebellion. Fight retards and have their own retards shitting the bed on simple jobs.

Irkens: Blown up planets successfully

Diamonds: Have had their one bomb, made up of their own kind, be disarmed by a fat 8 year old who cries.

Irkens: Organic geniuses who have stolen all their ultra advancements form weaker societies

Diamonds: Veritable robots that have orgies with themselves and maybe have stolen their advancements, but no confirmation

Ikrens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Humans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A turd > Diamonds (?)
>>
File: tumblr_nn4bzgro4d1utz1jko1_1280.png (168KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn4bzgro4d1utz1jko1_1280.png
168KB, 600x526px
>>93193371
The Paks are technically the Irkens themselves. The aliens bodies are pretty much meat puppets they need to walk around with.

>>93197441
Carl would pretty much be Zim's go-to guinea pig for experimentation and studying human behavior, but Zim keeps him alive because he comes up with great big head jokes and insults towards Dib.
>>
File: rebecca sugar brandon.jpg (45KB, 538x306px) Image search: [Google]
rebecca sugar brandon.jpg
45KB, 538x306px
>>93197377
It would be cool for them to do an interview together.
>>
File: 1444545209278.png (677KB, 1049x803px) Image search: [Google]
1444545209278.png
677KB, 1049x803px
>>93167168

>HEY HEY HEY!!!
>Let's pit /co/'s two most autistic fanbases against each other and watch them duke it out by digging out every single trivia at their fingertips!
>AGAIN. :^)
>>
>>93197503
>Diamonds: Have FAILED to conquer 100% of inhabited planets shown on screen
Well that's one planet so not really a good unit of measurement.

>Irkens: Have some retards in their care
Every Irken and every other species is retarded.

>Diamonds: Have a lot of retards in their care
Which gems are retards? Amethyst is stupid yeah but most of them have regular intelligence.

>Diamonds: Have had their one bomb
Shooting star

>Diamonds: Veritable robots that have orgies with themselves
Sounds fucking great to me
>>
>>93195409

I just thought they figured Lapis was a homeworld gem so f her, let her soul power this old piece of junk.
>>
>>93167168
By what measure?

Inspiring Loyalty?

Societal Progress?

Military Might?

Domain Size?
>>
>>93197548
Maybe that's how Skoodge keeps surviving. His Pak scurries away from his current corpse, gets the paperwork done, and then gets a new clone body to install himself in.
>>
>>93197603
This thread has been pretty peaceful. No duking it out in here.
>>
>>93197647

Height.
>>
File: 1472393587205.png (1MB, 860x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1472393587205.png
1MB, 860x1449px
>>93197503
>Every new cartoony space empire is required to out-edge the previous ones to make for a storyline material

SU's Homeworld is stifled by dwindling resources to the point where they are forced to churn out subhuman-grade gems and technologically augment them, to say nothing of bureaucracy that nearly everything seems to be mired in up to the point where Diamonds would rather dedicate time and resources to kidnapping people based on a lousy status report instead of checking out whether planet-destroying cancer is still active.

Kinda seems more interesting than the Irken empire which is only held back by one spastic of their own kind.
>>
>>93197207
>he's a refugee from an interstellar war!
Interstellar doesn't mean engaging on one tiny planet. There's definitely some transformers shit out there that evolved from the gem race and has been slaughtering them ever since.
>>
File: image.png (32KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32KB, 800x598px
>>93172357
Oh my god

This post wins a crown
>>
>>93197603
>two most autistic fanbases
That award goes to smolhorse show first, followed by homestuck, and you know it. Sonic doesn't count.
>>
>>93197655

Yeah, I can see that. Theres probably a cloning planet or something stupid where you can get a new body.

Or hell, maybe the thing itself does it, since we know Zim managed to get himself Brainparasited once
>>
Where a people getting that the irkens in general are idiots? Purple is an ass, but mostly Irken stupidity seems to come from them not really giving a fuck about anything other than conquest and snacks. But compared to the rest of their universe they're like the most resourceful motherfuckers around.
Also Red and Purple are just figure heads, the real Irken leaders are the control brains, which store all Irken knowledge and experience in their databanks.
>>
New Invader Zim Issue being story timed here:

>>93198510
>>
File: Invaders, am I right.png (854KB, 1536x976px) Image search: [Google]
Invaders, am I right.png
854KB, 1536x976px
>>93167168
>>
>>93198723
>#19
>new
Pick one. Latest is #20 (by Vasquez), but wait for a few or several more hours.
>>
>>93197548
Also it looks like Paks can "revive" their hosts after taking lethal damage by electrocuting them. Once their body is still fit for use, the pak reuploads the users brain data into the biological brain.

You saw this in episode 10 "plague of babies" where zim 'dies' after getting hit by deadly waves of stupidness from gir (which was hilarious)
>>
File: Shatter_the_clods_Gem_war_now.png (109KB, 280x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shatter_the_clods_Gem_war_now.png
109KB, 280x480px
>>93198789
>Not aiming straight for the gem

Wew, what a tard.
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.