[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As Told By Ginger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1423159260026.png (205KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1423159260026.png
205KB, 800x800px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQNDwBtg8v0

What's /co/'s honest thoughts on this show?
>>
There were a lot of uncool teenage redheads in the 90s, come to think of it.
>>
Ugly.
>>
>>93164766
Disgusting art style, boring plots, uninteresting characters. It was like a teen sitcom but in cartoon form, which is really stupid. Teen sitcoms were already bad, why make it even worse by making the characters ugly? Changed the channel any time this garbage was on.

Of course, people like it NOW because of waifus.
>>
boring and not fun to look at
>>
It was girly middle school drama so I never watched it. I've since heard it was pretty good from people I trust, but there you have it.
>>
>>93164766
The artstyle turns off most people, it's just awful to look at.

However I did not know that they even made slice of life animated series until I saw this. No magic, monsters hidden somewhere, or some other weird over the top aspect within it.
>>
As Told by Ginger had surprisingly solid writing, was pretty realistic, and had some of the best character development and continuity I've ever seen in a show, but the art style was still fucking hideous even after the style shift.
>>
>>93164766
I liked it

Dodie a shit
Courtney was a better friend
>>
>>93164854
>Of course, people like it NOW because of waifus.
How the fuck can anyone waifu any of the girls on As Told By Ginger? They were either horrid bitches or completely flat and uninteresting teen girl stereotypes.
>>
This defintely
>>
As Told By Ginger was great
>>
>>93165016
Don't underestimate /co/!
>>
>>93164959
>Courtney
was the best girl in the show hands down
>>
>>93164959
Hands down the solid truth.
>>
>>93164766
Its a good show. Not one I can marathon in one day, but I've been watching like every day now.
>>
>>93164854

>people like it NOW because of waifus.

And implied lesbians
>>
>>93164766
Even with that art style, Ginger a qt
>>
>>93164854
unlike teen sitcoms this show actually felt like the characters were real and not forced
>>
Teen sitcoms today are ten times more over the top than the cartoons.

Hard to name any that do not involve superheroes, cyborgs, spies, ghosts, or something that they can weasel in some horrible cgi each and every scene with a terrible laugh track accompanying
>>
>>93165016
Yeah but theyre all RARE
>>
I like the episode where her appendix burst and she almost died
>>
>>93164873
Is largely why most of us don't remember it . It was marketed towards girls and the artstyle wasn't super appealing, and the serial storytelling style wasn't something you could really keep up with as a kid without being obsessed with it or having access to DVR or streaming. It got some awards for its writing and a lot of people who watched it would agree it's a great show.

It got surprisingly dark and covered stuff like suicidal thoughts. The episode where she let those feelings slip in a poem really got to me when I saw it back when it was airing. But I was a boy and I couldn't be caught watching girl shows, so I didn't follow it closely.

It's not waifu bait by any stretch with that ugly-ass artstyle (though /co/ sure as fuck will do it anyways) and I don't know if an adult audience would find some of the best episodes quite as poignant as kids growing up and seeing those topics dealt with for the first time, but it was good and worth at least reading about. If it was airing today with a better artstyle, it probably could have been successful.
>>
>>93164959
That's for sure.
>>
>>93164766
Boring.
>>
File: tumblr_nkfh3dVYp91tmflwlo1_1280.jpg (673KB, 1262x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkfh3dVYp91tmflwlo1_1280.jpg
673KB, 1262x1920px
>>93164766
Good show with a bad artstyle and a dumb ending. Ginger should've gone for best girl.
>>
>>93165016
It's pretty much solely Courtney. If this were being a generic teen girl stereotype she'd either be a complete cunt or an overly sweet girl (since those are the only two options for the alpha rich girl in these types of works) and instead she's a nice middle ground between them.

Everything else is kind of lame but there's a reason she's pretty much THE popular character. Well that and managing to have a fairly nice design even given the show's putrid art style helps too. And the /u/ subtext.
>>
>>93164959
>Courtney got bad end
>Dodie grew up to have a loving family and still hangs out with Ginger
Why
>>
>>93165766
And that happened after she found out her boyfriend was cheating on her, it's one of the best episodes
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.