[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash recommended reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: BarryAllen.jpg (12KB, 175x288px) Image search: [Google]
BarryAllen.jpg
12KB, 175x288px
A friend of mine started watching season one of CW's The Flash and now has asked me for comics recommendations.

So, Flashfags, what would you recommend? He's completely new, hasn't read much comics before.
>>
The current Flash Series is pretty good. The first arc is basically a story from the TV show. (Who is the mystery speedster)
>>
>>93163938
>A friend of mine started watching season one of CW's The Flash

Here;s a recommendation, tell him to stop watching that piece of shit
>>
>>93163938
Protip: all the best Flash stories do not star Barry Allen.
>>
>>93164279

Contrarian /co/ strikes again, failing to recall the numerous threads for it back when season 1 was still going and everyone was creaming themselves over the Prison Break reunion of Captain Cold and Heatwave or the wheelchair doctor being Zoom
>>
If he's a fan of the show, I recommend the two volumes of Geoff Johns' second Flash run, The Dastardly Death of the Rogues and Flashpoint; the first 5 volumes of the New 52 Flash, and the Rebirth Flash.

These are really similar to the status quo of the show and very lite on continuity.

The problem is Barry had been dead for like 25 years in the comics, so most of the modern age, which are the most accessible for most modern readers, features Wally instead, who is nothing like either Barry or the show version of Wally.

>>93164279
>guy enjoys a show
>STOP WATCHING IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT
>>
>>93163978
>The current Flash Series is pretty good
why lie?
>>
>>93164312
I remember those.
I was there.

And I remember people shitting themselves over Jay's Helmet despite the season finale being a fucking load of crap.
>>
>>93164332
>guy enjoys a show
>STOP WATCHING IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT

The show is horrible.
If he's interested in the comics, then just recommend comics and save him from wasting his time watching something that was only barely good to begin with and has gotten worse and worse since.
>>
Flashpoint event OP, any flashfag should read it.
>>
>>93164279
THIS
>>
>>93164389
Flashpoint is the best point to stop reading.
>>
"Mark Waid's The Flash"

You can find the volumes for it on Amazon, and it's what has the biggest impact on the show. Everything Flash pulls from this run and the two before it more than anything else.
>>
>>93164333
Its pretty good for new readers. Easy to follow and read. Plus it actually develops Barry unlike the show which just cycles through the same character arc.
>>
I've been going through Wally's solo. Started on Messner-Loebs and it's pretty fun.
>>
>>93163938
I'd suggest starting with Flash v2 #1 and go through to #225. The first few issues do start off a bit rough, but it gets better quickly.

If your friend really doesn't want to go through Flash continuity right off the bat, then I'd suggest starting with the Flash Rebirth title and branch out to the older stuff if he decides he likes it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.