[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody ever talk about Watchmen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: watchmen1.jpg (89KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen1.jpg
89KB, 640x356px
Why does nobody ever talk about Watchmen?
>>
>>93163923
What's there to talk about? It's pretty universally well regarded. Even If you ignore the people who think it's the best comic of all time the consensus is still that it's an extremely well made story with a lot of depth that takes advantage of the comics medium. It's old enough that any potential controversy has long since dissipated and anything you want to talk about has probably been discussed to death a dozen times already. Overall there's not much to say about Watchman that hasn't been said already.
>>
>>93164305
according to this logic we wouldn't talk about anything which came out a while ago, never mind some people might've read it recently and not when it came out
>>
File: xifa87wianhzi5hluc0b.png (563KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
xifa87wianhzi5hluc0b.png
563KB, 800x450px
>>93163923
everything needed to be discussed has been discussed, all thats out now is whatever Rebirth will lead into
>>
What are you talking about? It's probably the single most talked about comic on this board.

We don't need a discussion about it every day.
>>
>>93164625
It's more along the same logic of why we don't discuss Hellboy much. Everyone agrees that it's great, there's not a lot to really TALK about, and the thread dies.
>>
>>93164625
So how about you start a thread talking about something Watchmen-related instead of complaining that no one's made one for you? You asked why we don't talk about it much, it's cause most everyone here has read and discussed it. But you can't seriously believe you're the first person to start a Watchmen thread even in the last month alone.
>>
>>93164933
how about no
>>
>>93163923
>>93164305
>>93164625
>>93164713
>>93164871
its talked about all the time here, stop being so casual and new
>>
>>93164625
>according to this logic we wouldn't talk about anything which came out a while ago, never mind some people might've read it recently and not when it came out

We,/co/, almost never does. It's almost always people that have recently discovored or rewatched something that starts a thread on it.

We don't talk about Motor City, We don't talk about Tron. We rarely talk about Gargoyles and lately that's all been in anticipation of Kingdom Hearts. Animaniacs, Tiny Toons Loony Tunes, Gummi Bears Smurfs. Take your pick. There's a shit load of things that just don't come up that often. We only or mainly talk about Milestone comics only in relation to Static. We NEVER talked about Young Blood until they rebooted it, the same for Glory and Prophet, which no longer talk about now because that was years ago. That's just how this shit works, it primarily current events. I can't remember a time when it wasn't.
>>
>>93165058
Well, this thread claims /co/ talks about Watchmen all the time, even though so far the only 3 Watchmen threads this month I've seen were mine. I guess I must've missed all the other ones.
>>
>>93163923
There is a thread about it every 2nd day my dude.

It's usually ruined by Snyder fags tho :(
>>
>>93165194
Dude, take your three threads and yea, you've possibly missed a couple and compare it to anything else I've listed. In comparison, /co/ has talked about Watchmen a fucking ton. Your only competition is maybe Static and Gargoyles, and those are both because of possible current video game tie-ins.

If Watchmen is just your favorite shit read up on it outside of /co/ or wait until this rebirth thing does the full Dr. Manhattan/Watchmen crossover (whatever the fuck is going on there) and then you'll get your Watchmen discussion.
>>
Why does /co/ constantly talk about things that /co/ talks about and not talk about the thing itself?
>>
>>93163923
Most boring band from Winnipeg, ever.
>>
>>93166489
Are you also a Winnipeganon?
>>
>>93163923

there's always one retard using a youtube video a
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.