[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Challenge: Change the Ethnicity but not the colour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 99.jpg (61KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
61KB, 1024x768px
You know, I always found it weird how many characters are Americans, but how rarely they dwelve into their ancestry. The US is a "melting pot", but we never really learn anything about where their original families hail. IMO that'd give the characters some extra lore, without making radical changes. Just a small nugget of history.

Anyway, I'll start with the easiest, being that I'd make Tony a Med/Germanic. Seriously, tell me you never thought Tony had some Italian/Greek blood in him. It was so obvious that I was surprised when I searched and searched and found nothing of the sort.

The genetic |make-up" I'd give him is that the Starks, his father's side, hail from Germany (Stark is a classic Germanic & English surname), but his mom (the main reason why I always pegged him like that was that Maria is a very common Italian/Spanish/Greek name) would be from Italian/Greek parents.

A small change that justmakes Tony a bit more "rounded". You don't lose anything, rather you add some diversity without it being forced.

Your turn now.

PS: The adoption story is fucking bogus and I'll never accept it as canon.
>>
Carbonell is a Spanish name, and you're right: adoption was a bad idea...

...but not nearly as bad as Bendis handled it.

We all came up with different angles on who could be his real parents and we figured we have the worst ones locked down and Bendis was all like 'Hold my beer'.

Have you read it?

Change the ethnicity, not the color... Steven's French, not Irish. Steven Rogèr, now. His father still drank himself to death, but with wine. His great-great-great grandfather fought with Lafayette. Arch enemy: George Frogg, the Leaper with the hilarious midlands accent.
>>
Personally I like that folks like Cap & Daredevil are from Irish descendt. It adds something more to them, and ties it all up. Cap was persecuted, seeing as the Irish back then were like the blacks in the 50s. Daredevil gets that "don't back down/Catholic" thing.

Seeing as Tony is the ultimate "eat, drink and be merry" guy who's always an optimist, it makes sense for him to have such ties.
>>
You know, I always found it weird how many characters are Americans, but how rarely they dwelve into their ancestry.

That's because a lot of Americans are at least fourth or fifth generation American, it's not as if you go back two generations to someone in America's grandparents and you find they're actually solely of foreign descent.
>>
>>93163383
Cool angle on Steve.

As for the adoption, it was just not needed. And it was also cliche. They made him just another English guy with ties to SHIELD. Big whoop.

Him being a Med-German/American makes perfect sense.
>>
>>93163417
>Tony is the ultimate "eat, drink and be merry" guy who's always an optimist

Jesus God.

Is this what we have come to?
>>
>>93163424
Eh, it's an easy way to make the characters seem a bit more different without taking anything away from them. Not to mention that diaspora folks always try to keep some ties with the motherlands.

Generally I just think it adds one more layer.
>>
>>93163459
Nowadays? Yeah. He's RDJ without the charisma. But even back then, with all of the angst and seriousness (80s Tony = Best Tony), he was still an optmistic guy who enjoyed the finer things in life.

He was the succesfull version of the American Dream more or less. Sure, he had his problems, but he was neither a brooder nor a joker. He was a guy trying to change the world but facing his personal demons.
>>
>>93163550

Kaminsky Tony = Best Tony.
>>
>>93164320
>Kaminsky
I have a soft-spot for the more "industrialist" version myself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.