[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AFTER DEATH DISCUSSION THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: AD Preorder Ad.jpg (362KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
AD Preorder Ad.jpg
362KB, 1067x1600px
What did you think of After Death from Snyder and Lemire?

Was the story interesting for you? How about the world and the characters? How was Snyder's writing? Do you think he fucked up his ending again? Not enough horses being killed?

How was Lemire's art? Do you think he has progressed at all as a visual storyteller from his Essex County and Sweet Tooth days?

I just finished it and I really wanna discuss thoughts and opinions on it.
>>
>>93161882
Pretty fucking great.
>>
>>93163490
What'd you think of the ending man?
>>
I haven't read the last issue yet, but I definitely think Lemire's getting better at his artwork. I much prefer the art here and in Roughneck to his earlier work. His use of color has greatly improved for sure, compare it to something even as recent as Trillium and the difference is pretty noticeable.
>>
>>93163670
It's probably the best out of all the ambiguous endings Snyder has done because it serves some purpose here. Even though whole of book is character telling us how he felt or what happened, we are supposed to figure out ourselves about what the hell is going on through the mind of the characters. It's kind of an intellectual exercise where we are to figure out why they do what they do using the societal and introspective context. If ending was not ambiguous, we would not think about it. The whole point is to ask questions rather than sit down after one ubiquitous message. So book is clever in that way.
>>
>>93163759
Interesting. I'd agree with you in that the color seemed more pertinent and expressive, storytelling-wise.

However, I can't help but feel that the framing and visual pacing wasn't at it's best. Perhaps that's a little due to Snyder's as well.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.