[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for the Zen Pencils comic where the guy destroys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 2014-07-03-banksy.jpg (2MB, 980x8192px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-03-banksy.jpg
2MB, 980x8192px
I'm looking for the Zen Pencils comic where the guy destroys his entire life trying to look like a warrior from Skyrim, but I can't find it on the authors website.

Did he delete it because he realized how stupid it was?
>>
>>93160537
>trying to look like a warrior from Skyrim

The second panel has him watching Game of Thrones but you probably forgot this part. The quote being maimed is by Charles Bukowski who was talking about the business of living honestly and courageously in a repressed button-down world, not LARPing like a fucktard.

http://zenpencils.com/comic/122-charles-bukowski-roll-the-dice
>>
File: zenPencils_gameOfThrones.jpg (2MB, 980x7251px) Image search: [Google]
zenPencils_gameOfThrones.jpg
2MB, 980x7251px
>>
>>93160537
>the models in the advertisements are laughing at me and bullying me
>anything I see belongs to me because you made me see it
is he actually insane, do you think
>>
>>93160641
Banksy? I don't know, but he is undoubtedly a grade-A cunt.
>>
>>93160537
The estate of Charles Bukowski asked him to take the comic down because they didn't want to be associated with some idiot's misguided shit
>>
>>93160590
Thanks. I did forget about the GoT bit. Wish I saved the shoop someone made of every panel replaced with DON'T STOP DON'T STOP DON'T STOP DON'T STOP over and over and over again.

>>93160641
It's just an overly poetic way of saying that public spaces are crowded with bullshit ads and other kinds of visual pollution. And he's right. Don't tell me you actually enjoy being eye-fucked by Coke and Pepsi in every hole just because you wanted to walk to the gas station to buy coffee.
>>
>>93160750
How do you even see advertisements? I thought everyone managed to build up a mental filter by now. I cannot honestly remember the last time I've consciously registered a Coke or Pepsi advertisement.
>>
>>93160750
The Coke and Pepsi coolers aren't eye-fucking me they're just there, like any other ad or product. The quote is placing an extreme amount of anthropomorphism advertising to the point of sounding paranoid.

Also Banksy is pretty much a master at self-advertising to the point of people making protests if you try to take down his graffiti, while monetizing his works repeatedly.
>>
>>93160750
I mean, excepting your homeowners association, you're free to put whatever bullshit you like on your own private property that everyone else is forced to see.

You see it all the time with people covering their lawns and cars with political slogans and pictures of Calvin pissing on things.

Even your clothes are essentially just your own personal ad-space.

Down South we even have billboards that are literally verbally attacking nearby businesses, proclaiming religious/anti-religious messages, even ones that say nothing but "[OPPOSITE POLITICAL PARTY] ARE A BUNCH OF PUSSIES"

If you have the scratch you're allowed to say virtually whatever you want on whatever space you can afford. Obviously space that is most public is the most expensive. Corporations are paying for the space fair and square.
>>
>>93160750
>Don't tell me you actually enjoy being eye-fucked by Coke and Pepsi in every hole just because you wanted to walk
Honestly? Shit-ass scribble graffiti defacing pretty historical buildings or parks (yes, we have retards that spraypaint trees) pisses me off much, much more. And I don't really notice advertisements that much.
They pay for their visibility, they bought it, after all. I just think that it's a weird notion to think that everything I see is mine, the landscape is mine because I see it and thus I should get to control what's in it.

Also getting this buttblasted because advertisements use happy, beautiful people and literally feeling inadequate because your real life doesn't measure up to the beautiful fake utopia the models perform in the ads seems kinda paranoid. It's just going a bit too far.
>>
>>93160609
>literally Don Quixote
>>
File: zenPencils_donQuiote.jpg (2MB, 980x6810px) Image search: [Google]
zenPencils_donQuiote.jpg
2MB, 980x6810px
>>93161416
>>
>>93161084
>>93161234
ITT: Shills defending shilling in the public square

We get it, you're going to be future millionaires like all the Joe Plumbers, so better defend the poor downtrodden multibillion dollar corporations.
>>
>>93161493
I just don't get what you're pissed off about.
>>
>>93160537
The thought that the artist actually thought it was a good idea to draw Banksy parkouring across rooftops like fucking batman gave me a hearty kek
>>
>>93160537
>OP thinking I would waste a single kb by saving a Zenpencils pic in my computer
>>
>>93161493
Dude I'm teetering on the brink of welfare, that's some intense strawmanning you're crafting there

I don't understand why you're so mad
>>
>>93160878
dont listen to him, he is ONE OF THEM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z696bTiP8Ro
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.