[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time Revamp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Adventure_Time_-_Title_card.png (119KB, 420x238px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Time_-_Title_card.png
119KB, 420x238px
>Had lots of potential
>helped set the standard for plenty of other teen cartoons in later years

>Little to no direction
>Confusing and irritating overarching plot
>Makes up shit like Toriyama for the story.

If you had the ability to start from the beginning how would you have fixed adventure time?
>>
delete flame princess, keep it about adventuring
>>
Less filler content I guess. It's really hard to go back to the first few seasons.
>>
I really thought there was nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>93158513
>>Little to no direction
>>Confusing and irritating overarching plot
>>Makes up shit like Toriyama for the story.
Critiques like these make no sense. Adventure Time never really had a story to begin with. That's not a flaw with the show, it's just what it's always been. If you want a more narrative driven show then watch something else.
>>
These threads are always useless because 90% of the ideas are either fetish bullshit, whining about romance in fiction or trying to turn everything into some Babylon 5 "every episode is connected to build my 900 page screenplay" nonsense.
>>
>>93158513
Biggest problem was not focusing on the characters we already knew, and instead introducing many others that never get explored.
>>
>>93158513
Stop retroactively trying to add 2deep lore to a world that was just a bunch of fun fantasy stuff thrown together
>>
>>93158572
I DISAGREEE
>>
Why was everyone in this show autistic?

They were detached, selfish, arsehole-ish let bad things happen to their friends just because they couldn't be fucked paying attention to anything for 5 seconds...

And don't give me any shit about them being "written like actual teenagers". Actual teenagers are far less fucking annoying than them.

Seriously, Lemongrab was written to be literally a shrieking autist, but he is always far more aware of what's going on around him than the main two characters.
>>
>>93160161
>Why was everyone in this show autistic?
Residual radiation from the bomb
Post-apocalyptic environment for mental development.
>>
File: Dog Lenin.png (53KB, 186x214px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Lenin.png
53KB, 186x214px
>>93158513
One can hope there is continuation series focused on different characters.
>>
File: Metro.jpg (215KB, 800x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Metro.jpg
215KB, 800x1180px
Whenever I play an nuclear apocalypse game, I imagine I'm playing in Ooo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k19PXQ5ynuw
>>
There is already a thread like this, same show, same topic.
>>
>>93160161
Because they are written like cartoon characters.

You are the one who actualy is acting autistic.
>>
>>93160209
>an autism bomb
>>
File: 1496987333430.jpg (298KB, 918x603px) Image search: [Google]
1496987333430.jpg
298KB, 918x603px
There are quite a few episodes that need to be gotten rid of for the sake of not only brevity but quality, however, some of those episodes contain plot points that are relevant to good episodes, which makes it difficult, and really people are looking for entirely different things from this because of how different Early and Late Adventure Time are, so there will never be a real consensus like you'd see with something like Naruto or DBZ in which most people agreed plainly on what the show needed to be.

Honestly, do people think this show should have been an episodic comedy, or a plot driven drama?
or even some other mix?

Personally I think you could get rid of the overarching stories in AT entirely and create a much better experience.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.