[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you go to your local library /co/? How based is it? Mine has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1306289758287.jpg (55KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1306289758287.jpg
55KB, 450x300px
Do you go to your local library /co/?
How based is it?
Mine has a lot of manga (mostly FMA), a volume of Scott Pilgrim, a trade of X-Men, and a Captain America trade.
My high school library had 2 volumes of Akira, Silver Age Green Lantern, Golden Age Batman and Superman, My Friend Dahmer, Concrete, Persepolis, Shazam Power of Hope!, a Dragon Ball omnibus, a shit ton of Kenshin, Watchmen etc.
>>
>>93156343
Today being Halloween, I decided to fuck with the retard at school when I came out of science for break. He dressed as Ash. Knowing this was going to happen, I brought a Mudkip doll. Thus I started the conversation, making sure no one saw me.

"So I heard you like Mudkips..."
"MUDKIPS? I LUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MUDKIPS."
"O RLY? So, would you ever fuck a Mudkips, that is.." (he cuts me off before I could said 'if you were a mudkips')
"OF COURSE."
"Well I just happen to have a Mudkips here, and..."

Before I finished the sentence, he grabbed it. In one swift motion his pants were down and he was violently humping it. Not to get between a man and his Mudkips I started to walk away, because there is no way I'd be caught wrestling a half-naked crazy guy humping a Mudkips.
Needless to say, within 5 to 10 seconds, some girls saw him and screaming. I cooly walked into a restroom, pretending nothing had ever happened; not that I had intended that outcome, but now that it was in play I didn't want to be involved.
I came back out two minutes later, and like any wanton act on school grounds there was now a huge crowd around him. He was still fucking it and baying this real fucked up 'EEEEINNNNF EEEEEINNNF' sound. Suddenly a scuffle broke out in the middle.
I asked someone what happened. One of the football players tried to get him to stop, but he bit her for trying to take it away. Someone called in a few football players (all dressed up like Road Warrior) who proceeded to pummel the shit out of the guy.
A few minutes later the intruder alarm went off and we were all shuffled into classrooms. Over the intercom the principal announced that someone had thrown a flaming plush toy into the library. Uh.. what the hell.
I asked an office later what had happened. Apparently his mother had come to pick him up and threatened to sue for the beating.' The school threatened to counter-sue because of lewd conduct, inciting a riot, and starting a fight.
So I ask you: do u liek Mudkipz?
>>
>>93156487
I went with Torchic for Sapphire and Treeko for Emerald but Mudkips seem alright
Fucking hell this copypasta's almost 10 years old
>>
My local library is fucking awesome. In the 5 years I've lived in this town, they've brought in no less than 100 books, mostly TPBs. They have a fantastic comic section.
>>
File: B6fKdC_CYAAcg4L.jpg (53KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
B6fKdC_CYAAcg4L.jpg
53KB, 600x594px
>>93156343
My high school had The Man Without Fear and Watchmen, and then the librarian threw out Watchmen for being too violent
>>
>>93156730
Damn, that's a shame
How'd you find out about that anyways?
Did it cause a commotion or did you just asked the person about it?
>>
So were any of you guys introduced to books or writers your library had?
>>
>>93156343
I've been able to read a lot of comics and manga thanks to my library. They're relatively good at making sure they collect a run up until its end, and they even stock up on some of the more niche books, including some Euro comics that aren't Tin-Tin or Asterix. It's pretty great. They even do video games, though you're not likely to keep them for longer than a week before needing to return them.
>>
>>93156343
Mine's been offering floppies since before I was born. Now they also have tpbs, dvds, and video games. I moved a bit out of town so I haven't been there in a long while, though, but looking through the catalog it looks like they have a pretty huge selection considering it's not a huge library.
>>
>>93156343
my (German) library doesn't have many American comics (and they are translated) but lots and lots of Franco-Belgian ones.
>>
>>93156730
My middle school had a bunch of Frank Miller Daredevil volumes, some JMS Spidey, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield, and The Far Side
>>
Mine's got a decent variety of manga, mainstream, classic and indie comics and a few BDs like Asterix and Tintin
>>
>>93156343
I just borrowed Lazarus, Providence, Batgirl Year One and Blue Exorcist
Discovered a lot of comics thanks to that library: great stuff like Gotham Academy, meh stuff like Rocket Girl, unreadable stuff like Lumberjanes, etc.
>>
Phoenix libraries are surprisingly based considering how shit everything else is about the city.

We have a massive anime, manga, and comics section in the teen area with pretty much everything you could need. The best part is there's a major partnership between the 8 libraries in the city and if for whatever reason your local library doesn't have what you need, there's a 99% chance one of them does and will send it your local library in a day if you put in a request.
>>
>>93156343
my local library is actually really cool as far as comics go. i read so many trades in middle school/hs. wide range of stuff too, marvel, dc, vertigo, dark horse, image, indy books, manga stuff. i've been reading comics since is was about 6-8, but only few things i could get for cheap such as 70's-80's x-men and batman comics, my parents would only buy me like nickle comics from garage sells or like thrift stores. actual current issues only for like my birthday usually i'd be allowed to buy 1 wizard magazine and 1 issue of whatever. so the library was a god send as far as my 13 year old brain knew. i was in nerdvana. in elementary school none of the kids read comic books except 1 guy who was in a different class.
>>
The library at work was stocked with a shitload of Amulet, Bone and Tintin for the kids. The director has recently added books like Drama and Donald Duck to it, which has been cool to see them read. One kid started reading Usagi Yojimbo because I was reading it back in February.

My local library is OK, the one by work is better. I should try the central library int he county, since it's not too far hard to get to.
>>
my school library had more graphic novels/indie stuff and old Superman, Plastic Man and war comics than any local comic book store
it was awesome
>>
>>93156747
I went to borrow it as a reread, and I couldn't find it, so I asked the librarian. I actually tried to explain how Watchmen is an important classic of the genre but she wouldn't have it
>>
>>93156343
I work at a library so I don't really need to go. It introduced me to Corto Maltese, Usagi Yojimbo, Azumanga Daioh and the Moomins. Good stuff.
>>
>>93156343
The youth librarian at my local library is a comics nerd, so there's lots of trades and they even get monthly issue of stuff like Superman or Spidey that kids would like.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.