[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the hallway fight be retired after the Defenders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: hallway.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
hallway.gif
1MB, 600x338px
Should the hallway fight be retired after the Defenders?
>>
It should have been retired after S1 of Daredevil because there's no way they could have topped that.
>>
it's fun to dream
>>
>>93156162

Jesus that looks like absolute shit
>>
>>93156162
When has the MCU ever retired a trope?
>>
>>93156181
The one in season 2 isn't bad, but I agree the first was the best.
>>
>>93156162
Is that electra at the back?
>>
>>93156209
They seem to have moved on from black sidekick.

No new ones at least.
>>
>>93156210
That's Season 2 all around: it was pretty good but it stood no chance because Season 1 was fucking incredible.
>>
>>93156244
Yup.
>>
>>93156251
But there's still so many more
>Goliath (Bill Foster)
>Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)
>Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm)
>>
>>93156271
If season 3 can adapt Born Again in some capacity and introduce Bullseye, I think it has the potential to be the best season yet.
>>
>>93156251
didn't Doctor Strange have one?
>>
>>93156210
Frank's prison hallway scene was fant fucking tastic.
>>
>>93156462

No, Asian sidekick. The Black guy is a major villain. But his role should have been given to Mads. Such a waste
>>
Didn't Iron Fist do that exact same jump-off-the-wall punch in his show?
>>
File: 1456863428252.png (27KB, 151x147px) Image search: [Google]
1456863428252.png
27KB, 151x147px
>>93156162
Matt's the only person who's actually getting a chance to fight someone properly.

Everyone else just gets to hit one person, once, then stands around looking stupid.
>>
>>93156571
Blah blah superstrength blah blah blah fragile normal people.
>>
>>93156527
Doctor Strange didn't have an asian sidekick though. Regardless of what Mordo becomes, in that first movie he is the sidekick. If Iron Man 3 had War Machine as a villain, it doesn't change Rhodey's roll in IM 1 and 2.
>>
>>93156718

>Doctor Strange didn't have an asian sidekick though

But anon that's Wong
>>
File: ca.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ca.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>93156486
>Punisher series is released
>Frank leads a bunch of mooks down an empty hallway
>Just Franks them all with a Gatling gun
>>
>>93156821
That's like saying Rhodey isn't Iron Man's sidekick, but that Coulson is. Yes, he's in the movie but not nearly to the same amount or the same role as Rhodey. Wong is a teacher that shows up for the end fight. Mordo is with Strange damn near every step of the way.
>>
>>93156210

I liked the one on season 2 better. While the season 1 fight is certainly an achievement from a logistics and dramatic standpoint, they had to do a lot of trickery to make the fights seem believable from a choreography standpoint. Mostly, it was just abstract hand flip-flopping in the dark. The season 2 fight had a way better thought out choreography where you could see concrete moves.
>>
File: dog headbang.gif (4MB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
dog headbang.gif
4MB, 400x330px
>>93156834

Oh that would be killer
>>
>>93156889
Power dynamics matter and Mordo doesn't really fit the sidekick mold. Neither does Wong, to be fair. They're both in positions of authority till the very end.
>>
>>93156162
JESSICA DOESNT EVEN FUCKING TOUCH THE GUY SHES PUNCHING

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING SHIT
WHY WAS IRON FIST SO SHIT
>>
>>93158583
> white catholic male
> god tier
> white catholic male + white catholic male
>god tier
> female / black guy / twink
>shit tier

is marvel trying to tell us something?
>>
File: he's already dead.png (160KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
he's already dead.png
160KB, 320x240px
>>93156162
Marvel Netflix shows should've been retired after Iron Fist.
>>
>>93158412
I think the Season 1 fight is held to a higher regard because it set the standard and legacy of the hallway fight (god do I feel like a faggot saying that). The first hallway fight had the most going for it, because we knew exactly what was at stake and exactly how fucked Matt already was. Choreography wasn't the best but Matt felt like every move was a battle in itself. Seeing JJ, Luke, and Danny rip through people effortlessly while Matt struggles is endemic of their differences as protagonists. Daredevil suffers. Only Luke losing Pops had nearly as much impact as any of the shit Matt's been through.

Post DD S1, everyone's suffering is either too stupid or too boring. Jessica's problems are all internal, Luke's the "immovable" object insomuch that he doesn't move the plot but the plot moves around him, and Danny is "You had ONE JOB" the show.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.