[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are western cartoons so episodic and shallow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1160.jpg (91KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1160.jpg
91KB, 640x450px
Why are western cartoons so episodic and shallow?
>>
>>93151967

Literally made for children.
>>
>>93151967
Because they are made for children. Seriously anon, what a dumb question. What are you? One of those freaks that believe that cartoons should be for adults? Come the fuck on, grow up already.
>>
>>93151967
I can think of japanese animes that fit your description.
>>
>>93151967
They are made for children.
Also, syndication.
>>
>>93152970
>>93151979
>>93153379
What is this stupid logic that cartoons can't be for adults? I'm not even talking about actual cartoons aimed at children, I'm talking about shit like Rick and Morty and South Park and shit. You have to be flat out fucking deluded to think that all cartoons are meant for children and that something being episodic automatically means that.
>>
>>93153559
> I'm talking about shit like Rick and Morty and South Park and shit.
Which are for teenagers and manchild.
As said before : It's for children.
>>
>>93153559
Jesus Christ, anon. Grow the fuck up, those shows are for losers and manchildren. Teenagers get a free pass for not knowing better, but you? Pfffff... fucking pathetic.
>>
>>93154331
(you)
>>
>>93153619
>>93154331
People like you are the reason why animation isn't taken seriously in the West. Animation is just another medium of storytelling and can be made for different age groups
>>
>>93154686

Lol no. Just go to pretty much any toonfag thread on this board and you'll see why animation isn't taken seriously in the West and why the adults who watch them are derided.
>>
>>93153345
Have their eyes always been green?
>>
>>93154794
This is 4chan. If you're looking for anyone to take seriously, you're looking in the wrong place
>>
>>93154794
This.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.