[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

flapjack and foster's: re-watch or no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: k'bloockles.jpg (64KB, 667x223px) Image search: [Google]
k'bloockles.jpg
64KB, 667x223px
Okay, so as a kid I adored these shows to death, but let's be real, your kid tastes aren't always the best ones.

The reason I ask this is because it seems both shows seem to have a really mixed reaction on the tubes.

So should I re-watch or just let memories be memories?
>>
you should rewatch flapjack because it's funny as shit

think about fosters some other time. the mystique fosters gives may be only a kid thing
>>
>>93147474
fosters, yes.
flapjack, maybe.
>>
>>93147474
My fiance's always rewatching Flapjack. It creeps me out a lot more than it did as a kid. I thought it was adorable and cool as a kid but now it's just uncomfortable to watch some parts, i've done too many drugs (and the drugs are why my fiance likes it so much).

Foster's is still fun but i suggest making a list of episodes you want to see rather than binging the whole thing. Some of them are lame.
>>
Flapjack is an acquired taste but was made by a lot of young talented storyboarders with distinct styles, it has a lot of ingenuity and artistic flair and definitly plenty of adult jokes. A huge portion of the staff basically went on to create the modern generation of shows, with AT, RS, GF, SU, OTGW, etc. all being more-or-less direct descendants that inherited a lot of the stuff it pioneered. You might not care for it but there's definitely unique qualities on offer that make it worth a look

Foster's has some cool ideas and funny episodes but is animated in Flash (albiet stylized enough to be tolerable) and had rapid flanderization of a lot characters, Bloo became an insufferable jackass very quickly, which is something he wasn't really in the pilot. It's not as good but I wouldn't call it unwatchable or anything. But I never really think it's a bad idea to watch something you have nostalgia for, even if it doesn't live up to your memories it'll probably still conjure more and a cartoon doesn't take that much time to watch.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-07-15h19m09s193.png (333KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-07-15h19m09s193.png
333KB, 640x480px
>>93147585
For giggly stoners Flapjack is like catnip, there's so many sudden bizarre and dark occurrences that it can't help but make them laugh, plus lil Flap is just adorable.
>>
>>93147585
>List for Foster's

Heh, I'm used to that, I do that for SpongeBob and Simpsons episodes.

Does anyone have any recs? I know to avoid Bendy (hated it as a kid, even though I think the vitriol for that episode can be beyond autistic).
>>
>>93147474
Flapjack is good, Foster's is mostly crap though
>>
>>93147945
Out of curiosity, what'd you dislike about Foster's?What was the good part?
>>
>>93148543
Not him, but something I didn't like about it was how mean spirited many of the characters would be. Like how everyone treated Bloo, despite him being a menace, they really treated him like garbage and gave him more hate than he deserved.
>>
Flapjack is really it's own brand of show, I find it just as enjoyable nowadays as I did when I was waiting for new episodes. The few episodes of Foster's I've rewatched have been painful, even though I loved it as a kid. It has its moments, but there are too many jokes that are just "character freaks out" or "character makes high pitched noise for 8 seconds straight"
>>
>>93148543
>>93149665
agree. bloo is supposed to be a good friend, counterpart to mac but he's a greater antagonist to people at times than whoever the plot of the day is

i remember this was why i stopped watching it as a kid - if you're repulsed by a main character its hard to watch a show
>>
>>93149665
>they really treated [bloo] like garbage and gave him more hate than he deserved.
>>93149734
>he's a greater antagonist to people at times than whoever the plot of the day is

So I guess Bloo's the main point of contention here? I'll keep these in mind.

>>93149713
>"character freaks out" or "character makes high pitched noise for 8 seconds straight"

so i should expect FOP levels of screeching?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.