[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Superman the closest we are ever going to get to a """"happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: Convergence-Superman.jpg (141KB, 508x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Convergence-Superman.jpg
141KB, 508x1200px
Is Superman the closest we are ever going to get to a """"happy ending"""" in a comic book?

Peter's life has been undone, Daredevil has more dead girlfriends than Kyle Rayner and Carol Ferris divorced her husband for deadbeat Hal Jordan who is in relationship limbo. Other than Lois and Clark there doesn't seem to be another pair from the big 2 that stuck.

and where the fuck is Barda? Last I saw her she went back to becoming a fury
>>
>>93143829
>and where the fuck is Barda? Last I saw her she went back to becoming a fury

In the upcoming Mister Miracle mini.
>>
>>93143829
i guess you could count Renew Your Vows universe.

Or at least until the book is cancelled and Slott kills off the characters/universe for shockvalue.
>>
>>93143829
Pretty much. Editorial hates status quo changes, even the parker wedding was supposedly regretted by the writers as soon as it was printed. I have no fucking idea how superman and lois lane was able to survive though because peter and mj were as strong as a couple
>>
>>93143829
>daredevil has more dead girlfriends than ted bundy
ftfy
>>
File: marvelnowironman.jpg (211KB, 1280x1369px) Image search: [Google]
marvelnowironman.jpg
211KB, 1280x1369px
>>93143829
Tony's happy ending is fucking a never ending itinerary of models/actresses/scientists/etc.
>>
>>93143943
Thats great,I am cautiously optimistic hopefully they are still together in the end

>>93144007
It's a slippery slope though, if we count that we might as well count other alt universe stories that have happy ends like convergence nightwing(arguable for SF shippers)
>>
>>93143829
Yes, i'm afraid. Or maybe not.
>>
>>93143829
>Carol Ferris divorced her husband

I love how DC was trying to sweep this under the rug. Is this still canon in rebirth?
>>
>>93143829
This Superman's story hasn't ended yet. And even then we thought he was gone for 5 years until they decided to bring him back. So you never know. Superhero comics, especially those of DC are just "enjoy it while it lasts"
>>
>>93143829
We'll get the Arhur/Mera wedding soon... r-right?
>>
>>93144152
Ironically while he fucks the models and actresses, Marvel will keep fucking him
>>
>>93144342
Has Riri fucked his ass with a strapon yet?
>>
>>93144269
True, it's the closest though. They've written themselves into a corner by introducing jon into continuity, it'll be damn hard to retcon him out without another flashpoint. Jon basically ensured that they will have a legacy when lois (inevitably) passes away
>>
>>93144400
Maybe, its hard to resist getting blacked when you're in a coma
>>
>>93144256
There doesnt seem to be any difference in new 52 compared to preflashpoint continuity other than the 5 year compression of the stories so i doubt they retconned it. But i'm not sure. there probably are GL experts here who can correct me.
>>
>>93144298
If Arthur doesn't cuck Mera with Dolphin.

>>93144256
I guess it is. AT the time it upset me a little. As soon as Hal got back, Carol started to justify "I only married another guy because you weren't around...", and next time we see her she already divorced. Holy fuck, what a bitch!

>>93144050
>I have no fucking idea how superman and lois lane was able to survive though because peter and mj were as strong as a couple
Because Jurgens is Superman's editor and he is a strong "Lois and Clark" shipper. He married them, remember?

Meanwhile, the few Marvel editors would rather have Mary Jane fucking Tony Stark than put him and Peter together again.
>>
>>93144522
>There doesnt seem to be any difference in new 52 compared to preflashpoint continuity

To clarify, only on gl related stories
>>
>>93144550
It gets worse when you think that carol divorced her husband for hal and ended up with kyle instead
>>
>>93144550
Jurgens wasn't always around though. I'm not sure what happened why the superman 2000 arc was abandoned, they were supposed to break up lois and clark
>>
>>93143829
why does being married have to be the only happy ending why can't we have a superhero who genuinely enjoys being single?
>>
>>93144891
It's not an ending though is it? Superman is a good example because of his son. Deadpool being happy and single isn't really an ending..
>>
>>93144736
>I'm not sure what happened why the superman 2000 arc was abandoned, they were supposed to break up lois and clark
Morrison gave up on trying to find ways of breaking them up because he felt it would be a big loss for Supes, having the love of his life being stolen from him. After he gave up, DC editorial gave up, too.

They finally did it after Flashpoint, but seeing how awful N52 Lois was, I don't think they will do it again soon.
>>
>>93145036
Haven't really read much new52 superman aside from unchained and the latter issues, what did people dislike about lois there?
>>
>>93144736
>>93145036

The memory poison thing was pretty dumb, dumber than OMD. I'm glad they abandoned the pitch.
>>
>>93145118
N52 Lois was well-aware of Clark's feelings for her, but would refuse to give him any chances because "muh best friend".

She would easily be teased with every male she interacted with, except for Clark for no good reason.

Even though she refused to be with him, she got jealous whenever Clark tried to be with other girls.

Even Clark got tired of her when she revealed his secret identity to the world. It wasn't malice, mind you, but it wasn't necessary either, and it put people Clark cared about at risk.

After that, they really couldn't get together anymore. DC killed her in the first month of Rebirth and called it a day. Even Pre-Flashpoint Lois disliked her.
>>
>>93145344

Did they seem to have any plan with his identity being public, or did Rebirth give them an escape hatch they needed?
>>
>>93145036

I love them married but Rebirth Lois is acting too much like a happy homemaker, and I don't think even a nice nuclear family would ever take the career woman out of her. She needs to get back to work.
>>
>>93145344
Jesus, so that's why, kinda deflated my enthusiasm to read new52 supes.

I can't blame pre52 lois for hating her counterpart, i remember in preflashpoint lana confessed to lois that clark was in love with her and she was the one who made the move. Too bad it was the time when krypton man was fucking with clark's mind.
>>
>>93145553
His identity was still public at the start of Rebirth, but the events of "Superman: Reborn" put their lives back on track.
>>
>>93145577
Thankfully That seems to be the direction that they are going, with them relocating back to the planet and all. Not sure how jon will be though, at 10 does he still need a nanny?
>>
>>93144550
I thought you meant an actual literal dolphin...
>>
>>93143829
Black bolt and medusa has a happy ending as they are already separated so they can't make each other miserable anymore
>>
>>93145653

Just a babysitter. I kind of want him to have a normal babysitter who has no clue, at least for a bit. The absurdity of him being a good Kent kid about it, but able to just fuck off to Mars for 10 minutes could be funny.
>>
>>93145635

So basically Superman editorial had no idea what to do with that genie they let loose. At the least nothing that was apparent.
>>
>>93145344
>Even Pre-Flashpoint Lois disliked her.

What did she say?
>>
>>93145635
>His identity was still public at the start of Rebirth, but the events of "Superman: Reborn" put their lives back on track.
And all without a Deal with the Devil. ;)
>>
>>93145693
Or better yet an /ss/ nanny
>>
>>93145740

I think she just sat at her desk and was like "what the hell was she thinking with any of this?"
>>
>>93145689
To be honest they are getting their comeuppance with bb in prison and medusa having space cancer. The happy ending is on us, the readers
>>
>>93144550
>Jurgens is Superman's editor

>>93144736
>Jurgens wasn't always around though

He's not an Editor
>>
>>93143829
I miss the trunks so damn much..
>>
>>93145910
Not technically, but he gained more power after the "Berganza fiasco".
>>
>>93145118
>new52 superman

The nineteen issues Morrison did for Action Comics from 2011-2013 are totally worth reading.

>>93145635
>>93145711
>>93145749

It has already been dealt with, you guys are about 6 issues and two or so months behind. The depowered Clark Kent from the start of Rebirth was revealed and out of that something happened so that the identity reveal is undone and Lois and Clark (as well as Jon) ARE the actual history.

>>93145653
Above results in BOTH Clark and Lois having their jobs back at the Planet, without anyone (other than the people, such as Justice League, etc. in the community knowing) in the general population knowing their identity. In fact, Perry in Jon's godparent.
>>
>>93145985

What Berganza fiasco? (Or like, what now with him, and did something actually touch him for once.)
>>
>>93143829
What about Midnighter and Apollo?
>>
>>93146011
>It has already been dealt with, you guys are about 6 issues and two or so months behind. The depowered Clark Kent from the start of Rebirth was revealed and out of that something happened so that the identity reveal is undone and Lois and Clark (as well as Jon) ARE the actual history.

Dude, that was a late decision Jurgens made. It works well enough, but we're talking about what could have been DC's original plan for that n52 reveal during the actual n52 era.
>>
>>93144891

Because pairing off and procreating with a suitable mate is the easiest, most primal way to consider your time on this planet a success.
Even if the rest of your life is shit, finding a partner that's willing to either let you put a baby in her, or one that's willing to put a baby in you, means that you won life and everything else after that until the time of your death is just gravy.
>>
File: truth.jpg (113KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
113KB, 800x1200px
>>93146047
>but we're talking about what could have been DC's original plan for that n52 reveal during the actual n52 era.
"Truth". Lasted almost a year.
>>
>>93143829
Wally got as far as Clark has, for what it's worth.
>>
>>93146011
I don't know why you quoted me lol I already knew that. I was just making fun of One More Day.
>>
>>93146029
Aren't they separated? Last i read midnighter was fucking promitheus
>>
>>93144736
It was rejected by Carlin because he didn't want good writers on Superman.
>>
>>93146104
>the twins will never be written back into continuity

It hurts. They shouldn't have brought wally back without them
>>
File: 2025813-starman_jack_knight_7.jpg (37KB, 507x792px) Image search: [Google]
2025813-starman_jack_knight_7.jpg
37KB, 507x792px
>>93143829
Starman.
>>
>>93143829
Happy ongoing status quo would be a better description. Everyone else would be lucky to not be completely miserable if they aren't in an AU.
>>
>>93146269
This.
>>
>>93145674

Same here. Didn't seem that implausible.
>>
>>93143829
wait a few years, DC will probably retcon them out of existence
>>
>>93149861
yea let's not forget that these same threads could have applied to Spider-Man at any point between 1987-2007, pretty much.
>>
>>93143829

ITT: Shipfags being cancer.

If you want romance and shit go read one of those paperbacks with fabio on the cover.
>>
>>93144425
At this point if DC does another massive retcon/reboot, it'll lose any credibility they have left.
>>
>>93144553
A fucking whole lot of things couldn't have happened the same way. Sinestro Corps War couldn't possibly have had the Anti-Monitor and Superboy Prime, and there wasn't enough dead superheroes in the Post-Flashpoint universe for Blackest Night to have happened the same way.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.