[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Max Landis improves Wonder Woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 11

File: 1497159307084.jpg (302KB, 660x993px) Image search: [Google]
1497159307084.jpg
302KB, 660x993px
Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxnJH-17WDM

/ourguy/ Landis has fantastic ideas about improving Wonder Woman's script? This guy is so based, I really hope they bring him aboard for Wonder Woman 2, hopefully as a co-director but script writer and producer would work too.
>>
>Wanting Landis onWonder Woman sequel
Why, so it can fail like everyone wanted the first one too?
>>
>>93141401
This.

But unironicaly.
>>
Everyone knows you come here to shill your videos, Max. Fuck of.
>>
Max Landis should write and direct every superhero movie, he's the only one who really understands comics.
>>
Of course known misogynist Max Landis didn't like Wonder Woman.
>>
Max please write another Shicker fanfic where he fucks Black Cat.
>>
>>93141401
>/ourguy/
fuck off /tv/
>>
I wonder how much of this will be reflected in Agent of Batman.
Has he said anything more about that yet?
>>
>>93141401
He's a twat and his dad is a murderer.
>>
>>93141401
Landis wrote few comics, but the ones he wrote sold well.

He is a B-lister Holywood writer, but easily the most famous among the B-listers.

He is ALWAYS doing something since 2012, be it movies, TV or print.

So, he has money.

Then what the fuck doesn't he buy a decent camera?
>>
>>93141401
Reeeeeal tacky op...
>>
>>93141401
if I need to hear bad ideas about creativity I'll watch Neistat tell me how to be Poochie.
>>
>>93141401

TL;DW? I don't feel like listening his stupid face.
>>
>>93141528

Occasionally, just occasionally these days, the internet still makes me a little sick to my stomach. The fact that this accident, which claimed 3 lives and gave my father PTSD for my entire time of knowing him (I was born in 1985), is repeatedly retold with apocryphal elements and only cursory mention that there was a huge, well prosecuted trial that ended in an ACQUITTAL based on YOU KNOW IT BEING AN ACTUAL FLUKE ACCIDENT and that being unequivocably proven in court is horrifying to me.

What's even darker is that people link me here, and are sure to let me know how much they hate me and that my father, a sweet, occasionally too loud man who was traumatized permanently by watching the death of one of his best friends on a movie he'd wanted to direct his entire life, is a piece of shit, disgusts me on a level that makes me queasy.

What's even more epic, hilariously awful is the people in here using this as a platform to talk endlessly about how shitty I am because I said I didn't like a movie they liked.

Three fucking people died. Little kids died. My mother, pregnant with me at the time, sat in court and watched my father for months be abandoned by EVERY professional friend in the industry because no one wanted to be associated with this tragedy. Vic Morrow, a great actor, was lost forever. Two young lives were ripped away. Safety rules were changed.

I see this brought up as a weapon to attack my father. To attack the film industry. To attack me. Occasionally as a weapon to attack jews, which is the oddest of all.

And every time it reminds me that being behind a keyboard, having vague cursory knowledge of an event 34 years ago, and a truly horrible .gif or .jpeg is all it takes to to turn some nice stranger into a completely vicious other.

There's a reason it's called the Twilight Zone Accident, not the Twilight Zone Incident.
>>
>>93141401
Go to bed Max
>>
>He explained that in his view, Wonder Woman is a flawed character. She doesn’t share this flaw with the other male Justice League members. How she was created to be cheesecake and exploitative, and that there’s yet to be a definitive Wonder Woman story. But that as a character, she’s meaner than Batman, smarter than Superman, almost as strong, but knows martial arts because Superman never needed to learn them, so then he gets ambushed by her using Navy Seal training. What Landis says he is interested in is creating a fundamentally awful version of the character than will piss off everyone, which is “SO MUCH FUN!” While he feels that his Superman’s only flaw is the limits of what he knows and that he makes impulsive choices, his Batman is essentially a monstrous sociopath, but who won’t kill because killing is wrong, his Wonder Woman would be really terrible, as she’d come from a society that hates men, she can kill anyone who argues with her and will, and while there’s a lot of interesting places to take this interpretation of the character, she’s from a society of warriors who “CUT THEIR BOOBS OFF” and who killed all the men, except the cute ones, bred with them and THEN killed them. How she is even on the Justice League amazes him, as he considers Wonder Woman to be the “sickest most bad ass punisher.” He then described a fight sequence where Superman and Batman have to team up to stop her, and after she brutally attacks them, leaving Superman almost missing an eye, Superman is finally able to defeat her by kissing her and sucking all the air out of her lungs.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/26/no-one-is-controlling-max-landis-at-the-idw-panel-at-wondercon-no-one-would-dare/

Are you niggers seriously saying this wouldn't be the hypest shit ever? It would make Wonder Woman as a character really fucking interesting.
>>
>>93141758
Gives the impression that he read only that one issue of Azzarello's run.

Well, since he loved the movie so much, I guess he grow out of it.
>>
>>93141401
>this guy is so based

Yeah, no. He explained the original Civil War comic mini-series as Iron Man being a Conservative because he wants more regulation and Captain America being a Liberal because he wants freedom.

Max Landis is mentally ill.
>>
>>93141401
All of his "re-tellings" are just that. Same shit, same tropes. Just edgy and with lots of dismemberment.

>>93141739
TLDR : Exactly the same, but with graphic violence.
>>
I hate Max Landis' shitty writing style and I hope he never gets to touch another DC property so long as I live. American Alien was garbage.
>>
>>93141854
Isn't that the point though? Neo conservatives were willing to sacrifice their freedom because it guranteed their safety. That's why Bush got two terms, because of the middle East meme.
Not really an American so I really don't know the context of Civil War and Patriot act and all the other bullshit.
>>
>>93141401
>Popular movie comes out
>"This thing everyone love actually sucks. Here's how I would have done it!"
>Tweets out his awful idea from his rejected script
"Pls hire me, Hollywood. My dad says I'm a great writer."

Every time.
>>
>>93141956

Don't forget how every time his dad's connections actually get him a job the movie is a bomb and a piece of shit and it's everyone'fault but Max's.
>>
>>93141758
How is it that Superman writers fundamentally don't understand Wonder Woman?
>>
>>93141743
so are you going to aim for all six as fatalities in the remake or just finally get John Larroquette on set?
>>
Why does he have the same haircut as the bad guy from the fifth element
>>
>>93141458

You didn't actually watch the video did you
>>
File: 1475029526894.gif (1MB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475029526894.gif
1MB, 250x240px
>>93141401

The fuck did Phoenix Wright do to his spikes?
>>
>>93141743
Is this pasta or did you actually get his voice down that well?
>>
>>93141567
It lets him maintain that indie, underground look that appeals to his audience. His real audience, not those of us who just get pissed at his bullshit.
>>
>>93141443
Too bad his movies fucking suck other than Chronicle, which is still a bad script bolstered by good directing acting
>>
>>93142451
He turned them gay and then cut them off.
>>
>>93141743
At least my dad isn't a murderer
>>
File: miles.png (93KB, 225x551px) Image search: [Google]
miles.png
93KB, 225x551px
>>93142559

If he's trying to make his hair like Edgeworth's he fucked up big time.
>>
I will choose Eugenio Derbez's Speedy Gonzales movie over your Pepe Le Pew movie any day of any week.
>>
>>93141743
> The two child actors were hired in violation of California law, which prohibits child actors from working at night or in proximity to explosions, and requires the presence of a teacher or social worker. During the subsequent trial, the illegality of the children's hiring was admitted by the defense, with Landis admitting culpability for that (but not the accident), and admitting that their hiring was "wrong"
Take it up with wikipedia, Max.
>>
>>93141758
>Landis wanted WW to have her breasts cut-off
>In a movie for kids
Sick bastard.
>>
>>93141743
It's Not a fucking fluke when you pay chinese children under the table to dodge regulation, then ignore repeated safety warnings regarding the explosives and telling the helicopter to go lower and lower. John Landis is a cunt whose hubris killed people
>>
Why didn't Superman save those two kids from being beheaded by Max's dad?
>>
>>93142000
I really liked American Ultra and I was upset it didn't do well. Chronicle was alright too. I dunno what was up with that Danielle Radcliffe monster movie though.
>>93141758
Why would they cut their boobs off? weren't they some sort of clay people made by gods to be gods? So they would be ideal women, but you know, excellent warriors?
>>
>>93142950

They cut them off so they could wear arrow holsters better, afaik. That's not something a normal person would do, but someone with insane fighting dedication. And as mystical super warriors they had that.
>>
>>93143478
The Amazons didn't exist, nitwit. They were a boogeyman story for boy-loving Greeks.
>>
File: IMG_1263.jpg (22KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.jpg
22KB, 480x262px
>>93141401
Thanks for the input Schlitzie
>>
>>93142514
It's from a genuine reddit comment that Max made.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/4ud3t8/twilight_zone_accident_july_23_1982_three_people/d5p2yn6/?context=3
>>
This actually sounds really boring. They should focus on how Ares influences people since it's WW1.
>>
I'm going to take a guess and say it's going to be him pretending he knows jack shit about the character and saying stuff like "she's a warrior so she does ____" and how she's "pragmatic" and all this other complete horsemanure.

>>93141758
And looks like it's even worse than I though.
>>
>>93141401
Improvements made by a guy whos best film is basically akira with autistic kids
Kek
>>
>>93142041
The problem with Wonder Woman is actually very simple: People not reading her books.

Casuals to the character hear "The Amazons" and think purely "warrior-women from Greek myth." You have to actually know the Wonder Woman version of the Amazons to understand they're NOT "warrior women", they're a female version of Shaolin Monks. They're extremely pacifistic and train for defense, not offense.

What the culture needs in order to understand Wonder Woman better is to teach people that she's not Leonidas, she's Liu Kang.
>>
>>93141401

Jesus christ...Superfags are the worst.
>>
>>93142041
>Superman writers
Lol no. He wrote "I'm so relatable" Superman

Basically a watered down Peter Parker with Superman's lore

Shocks me how manny people actually liked his run
>>
>>93145232
That's a really good way to put it.
>>
>>93145369
>Superfags
This used to mean something

Faggots that wanted Supes to be the best at anything and such

Now it's just anybody that says that they like Superman
>>
>>93141401
I hated this pretentious ass so much from his internet presence that I never consumed any of his crap. Then I watched Dirk Gently despite him and found it amazing. How's his other stuff? I heard American Alien was good though /co/ hated it.
>>
>>93142593
You mean he was never convicted of murder.
>>
>>93143478
yeah, but that doesn't apply to clay made goddesses of war and fighting.
>>
>>93141401
Somebody needs to feed Max Landis into a meat grinder
>>
>>93142593
That can be kinda OK, I mean my dad killed some people and he was the sweetest guy ever.
>>
>>93141758
>Navy Seal (sic) training
So Landis' Diana is big on guns?
>>
File: IMG_9340.jpg (230KB, 728x1540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9340.jpg
230KB, 728x1540px
>>93141956
It's funny because he always does this.

He even did this to Arrival!!! He even said his shitty American Ultra was better (how many times will he shill his shitty movie?).

Max Landis would complain if Citizen Kane was released today. Saying that the movie would be better with Jesse Eisenberg as the lead and with more lolrandom jokes.
>>
File: IMG_9339.jpg (116KB, 1264x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9339.jpg
116KB, 1264x1186px
>>93147603
>>
>>93145372
More like, he wrote a self-insert as Superman. No really, Max Landis's Superman is just Max Landis with an 'S' on his chest. That's why his Superman threatens people, bullies people (which is okay when Supes does it but not okay when Spidey does it), takes pleasure in hurting others, burns people's arms off, and looks down at everyone like he's better than them.
>>
>>93147632
kek
>>
>>93147712
Don't forget how he made Cheetah look like his gf with normal hair and had his self-insert Supes fuck her
>>
>>93141482
I heard that Landis is actually shopping around with DC his killer moth fanfic.
>>
>>93142593
My dads a murderer, but he did it in a foreign country while wearing a uniform and used a gun, so I guess it's ok.
>>
>>93141401
I legitimately think he should be brought on board to help write MoS 2. The guy gets Superman is a way pretty much all of Hollywood doesn't, especially that hack Snyder.
>>
>his hair is actually less stupid looking than the last time I saw him

I am legitimately surprised
>>
>>93147712
>burns people's arms off,

Well that was an accident.
>>
>>93145232
Pretty much. You get people not reading her books, then those people end up writing her books, write her shittily and you get retards claiming she should just snap everybody's neck like she did to Maxwell Lord.

And then some of those people eventually end up writing her and the cycle continues forever and ever.
>>
>>93149048
Anyone is better than Snyder
>>
File: max-landis-02-190362.jpg (256KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
max-landis-02-190362.jpg
256KB, 800x533px
>all of his movies have sucked
>literally threw Trank under the bus
>RLM cuck
fuck off.
>>93149088
that was before he came out as a fag
>>
>>93149048
Brad Bird would get Superman more than Max Landis

Even Micheal Bay would get Superman more than Max Landis

Yeah... I said it
>>
>>93149150
True, but he wanted it to happen, because he liked it

(He as in Max, not Clark)
>>
>>93149278
Michael Bay doesn't do edgelords

He would be better than Snyder in a heartbeat
>>
>>93149391
To be honest I don't think Clark himself was an edgelord in the movie, I think it's more like the movie is very much trying to be a cool Nolan Batman. It's a try hard.
>>
>>93148312
Is that one public too? I've never heard of it
>>
File: aurora.jpg (115KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
aurora.jpg
115KB, 250x250px
>>93141401
>/ourguy/ Landis has fantastic ideas about improving Wonder Woman's script? This guy is so based, I really hope they bring him aboard for Wonder Woman 2, hopefully as a co-director but script writer and producer would work too.
>>
>>93141895
American Alien was fun
>>
>hey guys Max Landis had a totally epic idea for a movie that just came out!
Hey fuck off.
>>
>>93150066
What did you like about it
>>
Has Max Landis ever talked about why he killed the black guy first in Chronicle?
>>
>>93150687
>not worthy of the name Landis.

well his dad basically killed people on a movie set, so I guess his failed abortion of a child is here to also be shit in the comic world.
>>
>>93150687
>he cant get jobs anymore.
Just looked it up and he's had multiple jobs in 2016 and 2017.
>>
>>93141914
>Not really an American so I really don't know the context of Civil War and Patriot act and all the other bullshit.
That's okay Anon, neither did the writer.
>>
>>93150204
Not him but I liked how he made Clark feel as if he was raised in the 21st century he wasn't afraid to have fun with the character and his writing of pa Kent was good, that being said I hated the issue with Clark burning a dudes arms off, not just because that cop should've reported that right away but that would've stopped Clark then and there from ever trying to interact with humans again. It soured the series quite a bit for me but if you ignore that issue, like he did, the series was fine
>>
>>93149391
>Michael Bay doesn't do edgelords
Are you posting from a parallel universe? All of his Autobots are unstoppable, quip spewing "psst nothin personnel" badass edgelords.
>>
>>93150204
Any scene with Jonathon and Clark that wasn't the "I'm so unhappy" bit, honestly.
>>
>>93148312
I guarantee you if someone writes Killer Moth soon, he'll start bitching about that writer ripping off his fanfic like what he did when Spencer was writing Superior Foes.
>>
Why the fuck do you want this burn out to direct anything after all the trash he has made? All he does now is pander with his shit writing.
>>
>>93141758

But that's edgy garbage anon
>>
>>93150204
issue one with Pa Kent helping Clark fly, people universe acknowledged Clark and Bruce look identical,
Drunk Clark BTFOing Deathstroke, Clark BTFOing Batman,and the proto Superman suit
>>
So is Max a sjw or a gamergator? BTW is that hand gesture a fucking JoJo reference??!!!!
>>
>>93153666
take your pills sperg
>>
I don't think I would shed a single tear if Max Landis were to be mauled by bears. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to die - I just wouldn't mind if he were mutilated in such a way that he could never write, type, or even speak, ever again. And bedridden. I'm thinking kind of a Mason Verger sort of thing.
>>
File: playoffs.jpg (13KB, 380x210px) Image search: [Google]
playoffs.jpg
13KB, 380x210px
>Max Landis
>>
File: IMG_9338.jpg (420KB, 1328x1760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9338.jpg
420KB, 1328x1760px
>>93152574
But look at his amazing Track Record, Anon!!!!
>>
>>93154066
I enjoyed Victor Frankenstein
>>
>>93154066
American ultra was a good movie, had some really awesome visuals. I don't think it deserved the bad ratings.
>>
>>93154066
did Max's dad get him into the industry? wasnt he a hollywood director?
>>
>>93154066
American Ultra was okay but it had no clue what it wanted to be.
>>
>>93141443
Hi Max. What does your fathers dick taste like
>>
>>93154066
Harry Potter shitting on Landis' script for Frankenstein was hilarious.
>>
>>93141743
What was it like to get dumped by your girlfriend for cheating. Did some small part of you have to confront the fact that you're an arrogant piece of shit who pretends to be a victim but is really a bully? Or did you stuff it into some deep compartment so you could keep shrieking into the wind about how special you are when all of Hollywood knows the truth, that you're a spoiled desperate hack who cares about no one but yourself
>>
>>93141854
He has Aspergers
>>
>>93155138
Holy shit A+ m8
>>
>>93154451
>>93155103
Victor Frankenstein had a pretty decent setup and basic plot, but really needed a script doctor.
>>
>>93154653
yup, his dad also killed a man on set too
>>
>>93155236
I didn't find too much wrong with it. It wasn't great or anything, but a fine movie to put on HBO in the background.
>>
>>93141401
Make sure he doesn't kill people on set with dangerous stunts and neglect like his dad did
>>
>>93141401
Fuck off Max you beta
>>
>>93154066
All those movies deserve the ratings they have or lower
>>
>>93149227
Same dude who said 'If you're not a feminist, then you're a cuck'

GG Max
>>
>>93141443

Fuck off Max. You totally DON'T understand Superman.
>>
>>93141401
>he shaved his head

Is he done with his rainbow-haired faggotry? Is he less of an SJW now?
>>
>>93149278

I liked American Alien. I wouldn't say that's the version of I think of when I hear the word "Superman", but it certainly is a valid version.

Even though it has nothing to do with all the novels at all, I also liked Dirk Gently very much. He's a very incompetent and nerve-wrecking character, but I think all the parts of the show nicely fit together within the odd style of the show.

I don't like him as a person to be around judging from his videos (although he might be a nice dude), but I do like some of his output.
>>
>>93154066

Maybe I have no idea how the movie industry works, but this is an honest question: How do his scripts get picked up for productions with that kind of star power attached to it if they're obviously shit?

Wouldn't it be a huge risk for a studio to do that solely based on his fathers reputation?
>>
Max "Children Chopper" Landis
Max "Free chopper rides" Landis
Max "Helicopter Haircut" Landis
Max "my dad is a helicopter parent" Landis.
Max "kill the gook with a CH-47 Chinook" Landis
Max "get to the choppa" Landis.
Max ''slaughter them all'' Landis
Max "Heads will Roll" Landis
Max "Dad wanted me to get a head" Landis
Max "Nebrotism" Landis
Max "Fly Lower" Landis
Max "Get to the Choppa" Landis
John "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "kid clipper Jr." Landis
Max "son of the flying guillotine" Landis
Max "fly low, sweet chariot. daddy's gonna cut off your head" Landis.
John "full body bris" Landis
Max "Slicer and Dicer, with a side of rice-er" Landis
Max "uptomyknees in the blood of two kids and a guy" Landis
Max "If there's an epicanthic fold, put them in the ground cold" Landis
Max "China Syndrome" Landis
Max "Stunt double? Just hire twins" Landis
Max "How do I get this helicopter to" Landis
Max "I can't" Landis
Max "Spin around, and Cut them Down" Landis
max "my dad killed people" landis
Max 'pop their top like ol pop' Landis
Max "I suck dick while my dad kills for kicks" Landis
Max "Kids aren't bad helipads" Landis
Max "My dad directed Blues Brothers and loves crying Vietnamese mothers" Landis
Max "how do I" Landis
Max "Twilight Zone is covered with children's bones" Landis
Max "They broke my fall, but it killed them all" Landis
Max "i feel glad when i kill jennifer jason leigh's dad" Landis
Max "kid killing yid" Landis.
Max "Yellow peril" Landis
Max "gleefully spins propeller penis to Landis hate" Landis
Max "Death from above" Landis
Max "Asian Abrasion" Landis
Max "daddy thinks it's alright as long as the chinks die at night" Landis
>>
>>93158540
Almost as funny as season 11 family guy
>>
>>93158526
It's all about (((who))) you """know""".
>>
/co/ is no different from r/movies.

What a shit show of a thread.
>>
>>93141743
>Occasionally as a weapon to attack jews, which is the oddest of all.

Nothing odd about that. As /pol/ demonstrates, people will take any excuse to attack Jews, even when there's no Jews involved at all.
>>
>>93149048
>likes Landis
>hates Snyder
Wow, you probably have the worst taste on the board
>>
>>93156505
>sidecut
no
>>
>>93141758
Looks to me this faggot spawn of a murderer doesn't know a fucking thing about comics if he mischaracterizes the fucking trinity of all characters so badly.

Why is it so hard for people to understand? It's all-powerful and fair poppa Supes, firm yet loving (and highly protective)Momma Wondy, grumpy and always-working uncle Bats.

Superman isn't an idiot, Diana isn't smarter than either of them, and not a single one of them should be categorized as mean except for Batman when he's dealing with criminals or, I'll accept, old and slightly deranged.

If anything the way he sees Wonder Woman is how only Aquaman should be portrayed. Guy's King of the most xenophobic, nationalistic people since WW2.
>>
>>93149227
>RLM cuck
Wait does /co/ hate RLM now?
>>
>>93141758
>creating a fundamentally awful version of the character than will piss off everyone, which is “SO MUCH FUN!”
he should work for Marvel
>>
>>93141401
bump
>>
Max Landis is an idiot and only exists because his father avoided jail
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.