[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished reading this. I really liked it for the more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

I just finished reading this. I really liked it for the more sci-fi aspect in the beginning and the in the interactions between the characters after the resolution of the first arc. Val-Zod seems to be a pretty chill supes and sucessor to Clark. And Alan a good green lantern (at least this version of him).
I need more Earth-2/two stories to read.
I did disliked that the cities got back to their original look, tho. New Gotham, neotropolis and nexus looked cool
>>
File: 3549639-01a.jpg (417KB, 831x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3549639-01a.jpg
417KB, 831x1280px
>>93139308
How did Powergirl and Huntress get back to Earth-2? Only read the first couple arcs of Worlds' Finest.
>>
>>93139308
This entire series was fucking trash.

Val-zod is a as bland as unseasoned chicken.
He could have been an interesting character but they fucked him up.

And Peeg was a shadow of her former self in the world's finest.

So glad this series fucking finally ended.
>>
>reminding me of the untapped potential of Robinsons run
>reminding me of Taylors run
>reminding me of Worlds End
Fuck you OP
>>
>>93139308
Did you read the previous earth 2 book? If you liked society you'd probably enjoy it

Stay the fuck away from world's end though, it's utter trash in every single way and even if you liked society there's nothing worth reading in world's end
>>
>>93139518
I see. but outside those. are their any other earth-2 stories worth reading? specially older ones
>>
If you liked this, you probably won't like anything else from Earth-2/Two's history.
>>
>>93140132
not everyone is a extremist cunt. I want to know more about earth 2 and its characters. I just want to know stories that are worth reading of that particular universe.
seems more like most of you have never actually read stuff from earth-2/two and don't know what to recomend to a new reader
>>
>>93140228
The run you read an enjoyed was not worth reading.

So, yeah, I agree with that other person, you probably would not like the other stuff.
>>
File: Based Arrow.jpg (941KB, 1921x2350px) Image search: [Google]
Based Arrow.jpg
941KB, 1921x2350px
Abnett's run was fine, but the book itself could have been much better.
>>
>>93140246
why it is not worth reading? and what is considered good earth-2 stories?
if you can't explain why it is bad or name the good books you seem just lack knowledge about it.
>>
>>93140228
No, New 52 Earth 2 and Society are the only books that have those particular versions of characters. Older Earth 2 material is JSA stuff, doesn't have anything about rebuilding the world from scratch and the only Batman/Superman characters with any real presence are Huntress and Power Girl. They're very dissimilar from modern earth 2

If you are interested in the JSA though give the Robinson/Geoff Johns stuff a shot
>>
>>93140540
This Johns run of the JSA is amazing!
>>
So what was Terry Sloan's deal?
>>
Pre-Society was the best, world building was great, the war as fucking amazing, heroes showing up and dying just so they could give the population a glimpse of hope from the unavoidable doom.
Long time since we saw Apokolips as fearsome as that.
>>
>>93139308

The Earth 2 series as a whole was pretty fucking baller. One of the best parts of New 52, Def top 10, maybe 5
>>
>>93139308
I think there was at least a vague potential there but the problem is the entire series as a whole got inconsistent at best and terrible at worst after Robinson left.

There was just so much destruction to the point where it was getting hard to keep track of what was going on or for any one thing to have significance. It was like Wildstorm's final years.

Also it kind of bugged me that sometimes writers forget Robinson's intent was to update the Golden Age stuff since it was a new version of Earth-2. There's a reason why he had a character named "Mr. Icicle."
>>
>>93140540
There was also the Batman/Superman arc by Pak where New 52 Superman and Batman meet the Earth 2 Superman, Batman, Catwoman, and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93141101
I felt the exact opposite, I wanted to see more world building instead of world destroying and I don't care if Apokolips comes off as scary or not

Earth 2 as a whole was basically Wasted Potential and Bad Decisions: The Comic
>>
>>93140540
>>93141016
>>93142080
so, to learn more about earth 2 i need to read older Justice Society. It doesn't need to be exactly this new version of them. I just want to know more about jay garrick, val-zod/clark, power girl, alan scott.
I never had interest on green lantern. but after reading this and both versions of Alan's power in the wiki. I really liked that is more conected to nature/earth and how it works/worked.
i don't care if they are this new version or not.
I did hated the whole thing were the ships didn't had the ability to enter atmosphere and land. what even is the fucking point of buildings space ships to cross the galaxy to find a new planet to live if you won't be able to land them without exterminating more than half of the people, food, and other key items to survive on the new planet during the landing process?
>>
>>93143157
>so, to learn more about earth 2 i need to read older Justice Society.

Not really; if you're talking about the New 52 Earth 2, then all you need are

The New 52 Earth 2 series
The New 52 World's Finest series
Earth 2 Society
that first Batman/Superman arc by Greg Pak and Jae Lee

You don't need to get the other stuff unless you're interested in seeing a completely different Earth 2 altogether where Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman were around in the 40's with the Justice Society and semi-aged in realtime.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.