[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats with all the hate for john k? the man's a fucking genius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 55

File: john kricfalusi.jpg (198KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
john kricfalusi.jpg
198KB, 650x975px
whats with all the hate for john k? the man's a fucking genius
>>
He's a cunt.
>>
>>93135988
Got to bed John.
>>
>>93135988
John pls go
>>
>>93135988

Please watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU&t=3306s
>>
>>93135988
His weird little hate boner for Chuck Jones for the pettiest of reasons.
>>
>>93135988
>poop humor
>genius

no
>>
>>93135988
Can someone explain to me why some people consider him a genius? I know he made Ren & Stimpy. But other then that and Ripping Friends plus a few flash cartoons he didn't make much else. So why all the worship for this guy?
If it was someone like Walt Disney or something I'd understand. But someone please explain to me.
From what I can tell he's just the Kanye West of animators.
>>
In every way besides creating one mostly funny cartoon show and being a decent (though heavily biased) cartoon historian, he's a garbage human being who repels everyone who works with and under him.
And you fucking know why people hate him you shit posting OP.
>>
File: 1481949909509.jpg (13KB, 287x252px) Image search: [Google]
1481949909509.jpg
13KB, 287x252px
Because he is the reigning king of daddy issues and hates Chuck Jones, a man several hundred times more influential and well-balanced.
>>
I'm just so tired of being expected to give a shit.
>>
He invented Flash animation
>>
>>93136003
he's not
the only reason Ren and Stimpy was any good was because:
A) the people below him had more talent than he did
B) the people above him disapproved of anything too terrible

on top of that, John K is just a terrible person to work with. almost everyone who works with him never wants to work with him again, look at Billy West or Katie Rice (the only person who has ever had anything nice to say about him is Mike Judge). He has terrible work ethic and constantly missed deadlines, which led him to be fired from Nick.

any time John K gets more creative control, the production turns to shit.
remember Adult Party Cartoon? It was terrible.
remember Super Ripping Friends? Yeah, me neither.
remember those terrible, terrible, terrible Simpsons couch gags he did? I try not to.

remember Cans Without Labels? nobody does because it hasnt come out yet.

John K. is a garbage hack and anyone who calls him an inspiration has no clue who they're actually inspired by
>>
>>93136041
Ren & Stimpy came out in an era when the industry was more open to cartoons that weren't heavily based on tracing model sheets (if not outright xeroxing them), and his and Ralph Bakshi's cartoons with their throwback to the Golden Age of animation (and not in the skin deep way that Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were throwbacks) were visually exciting. Plus the show had some legitimately out there stuff for a children's cartoon of any era, much less the safe and fluffy world of children's entertainment that was the early 90's.
His expectations are too high though, and his slave driver tendencies and total dickishness way outweigh any of his pros when it comes to actually producing animation.
>>
Low effort shitposting always gets replies.
>>
>>93135988
All the CalArts fags conspired to ruin him
>>
File: TheInterview_pg5.jpg (150KB, 663x900px) Image search: [Google]
TheInterview_pg5.jpg
150KB, 663x900px
He is a psycho with daddy issues

His dad was a real psychopath that broke his mental
>>
>>93136073
>A) the people below him had more talent than he did
bullshit
>B) the people above him disapproved of anything too terrible
...true
>John K. is a garbage hack
absolute bullshit
>>
>>93136113
I haven't heard anything about his dad, besides that george liquor was inspired by him

whats with the john k daddy issues meme?
>>
>>93136110
>conspired to ruin him
he ruined himself plenty without Calarts help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dShsDp7CSv4
>>
>>93136131
I really don't like how his style has evolved, it's really shitty, he needs to restrain himself more like in the old days
>>
>>93136143
he can't, other people restrained him for him
thats why Ren and Stimpy was good while almost everything else John K did was bad
>>
File: john k dad.jpg (34KB, 276x400px) Image search: [Google]
john k dad.jpg
34KB, 276x400px
>>93136124
His dad puts playboys in his wardrobe because he thought he's gay
>>
>>93136115
>absolute bullshit
care to back that up, buckaroo? or are you just gonna shake your head and say "no, you're wrong" like a kid who cant accept when his parent is right?
>>
The man can't meet a deadline.
>>
>>93136073
John KKK may be an absolute dickhead but I wouldn't say he's a hack.
>>
>>93136160
Imagine the sheer trauma... titties!
Poor guy.
>>
File: SodyBobbySurfStussyStudy.png (4MB, 1600x1544px) Image search: [Google]
SodyBobbySurfStussyStudy.png
4MB, 1600x1544px
>>93136143
His obsession with stylizing the hell out of everything the way he does is terrible, and I'm sure he'd hate the way we're using the word style considering how anal he is about the word. I wish he'd move away from that. Also draw something with more cute/sexy girls in it.
Not that it matters, he's not going to have another major animation project.
>>
>>93136173
please turn your attention to
>>93136131
as well as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7G227yzDkM
>>
>They're so bad you actually feel embarrassed for the actors. It's the same feeling you get watching your dad beat up by a neighbor. If you have to watch it, turn the sound off.

>It's the same feeling you get watching your dad beat up by a neighbor

well John, explain yourself
>>
>that time John K. sent anonymous death threats to Games Animation personnel
>that time John K. spiked Bob Camp's beer with rat poison
>that time John K. sent anonymous bomb threats to Nickelodeon Studios offices
>that time John K. cut the brake lines on Vanessa Coffey's car

what a wacky guy :^)
>>
Remider that Johnny K. was the last force of good between western animation and the CalArts plague
>>
>>93136034
Dam Howard stern is an asshole
>>
>>93136186
Dear God, that's awful
>>
>>93136034
HOLY SHIT, what's up with billy? he acts like he's about to have a fucking heart attack
at 13:57 especially
>>
>>93136342
yeah, like what the hell. go to 14:02, it looks like billy is about to have a stroke
>>
He is guilty!
https://youtu.be/wN6nWmVY2Qw?t=24s
>>
>>93136297
Not really, his cartoons sucked too. Poor attempts at aping Bob Clampett. Just another Leaf attempting to be a Burger but lacking the wealth/drive/willpower to do it, so he became a shitposter instead.

Plus he also supported that loser Hillary. Sad!
>>
>>93136437
>Plus he also supported that loser Hillary
if that's true, then poor John Kuckfalusi got cucked once again
>>
>>93136452
How does a guy who believes in the things he does throw in with Her(tm)?!
>>
>>93136477
virtue signaling
>>
>>93136477
only thing i can find about john k supporting shillary is a hillary doll he made alongside an obama and a romney doll in 2008
>>
File: YBIK3JM.png (123KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
YBIK3JM.png
123KB, 800x585px
if you were to meet John K, what would you say to him?
>>
>>93136309
also kind of a moron
>>
File: Julie.gif (1MB, 243x385px) Image search: [Google]
Julie.gif
1MB, 243x385px
>>93136180
I love all the girls he designed with Katie Rice for that one music video John animated for Weird Al, especially pic related. I'm not sure if that was more his or Rice's doing, but drawing something with more eye candy like that WOULD be great, but it's too bad that'll never happen.
>>
>>93136574
"how many people have you killed?"
because i refuse to believe he hasnt killed anyone
>>
Ren & Stimpy set the groundwork for pretty much every cartoon that's come since so I can't really take away too much from him.

With that being said he's a massive dick. Just...massive. You really expect people to walk away from Ren & Stimpy because you got fired and then hold a grudge? And his narrow view on what animation can be is just boring. In John K's world Avatar or Samurai Jack or half the other shows we watch today would be burned in a ditch and their creators banned from the industry.

Also his artstyle has never been particularly...I wanna say eye catching but that's not quite right. It's been fascinating to watch him turn his cartoons into almost abstract paintings of balloons violently in motion and suddenly stopping at the drop of a hat but it's not anything that I'd ever aspire to draw myself.

>Cans Without Labels still isn't out

Jesus fuck man. I could've drawn that damn cartoon by this point already and it would probably be as well received as anything you put out. Dude is fucking LAAAAZY.
>>
>>93136574
I'd tell him to write a book on animation based on the various bits of actual good advice that's peppered across his blog in between idiotic rants about bullshit.

Of course he probably wouldn't ever get it done if it was just him, but he could get someone to compile and edit his thoughts. He hates on Richard Williams but Dick's book is arguably the most widely read animation bible ever created, moreso even than Preston Blair's.
>>
>>93136693
I never really understood his hate for Richard Williams
>>
>>93136718
Part of his complaint is seriously that instead of just goofy stylized cartoons Dick likes to draw ugly people.

Shit is hilarious when you look at what John's art has degraded to.
>>
>>93136764
>any character from Thief and the Cobbler
>not being the pinnacle of fantastic character design
then again, we've seen John K's character designs, its not like that man has a single ounce of taste in his body
>>
>>93135988
He looks like fat bastard who lost weight
>>
>>93135988
Yeah I kinda like him I guess
>>
>>93136574
"please don't molest me"
>>
>>93136574
Sir, you have to put your card in the reader. You got a chip on there. Wait until it says remove card.
>>
>>93137044
kek
>>
File: 026.jpg (31KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
31KB, 500x354px
>>93135988
>A man who actually didn't observe from and caricaturize reality despite telling others to do so; just old cartoons and movies
>genius
No.

>>93136437
>Plus he also supported that loser Hillary. Sad!
I think all politicians are fools iah but that one post on his blog that devolved from some decent animation advice into random political rambling was just really sad.
>>
>>93137123
but that one post on his blog that devolved from some decent animation advice into random political rambling was just really sad.
link?
>>
John's problem is that his animation style is very esoteric, inaccessible, and often makes sense only to him. His talents are better served being an auteur like Don Hertzfeld than to try and produce a mainstream half-hour animated series.
>>
>>93137153
>His talents are better served being an auteur like Don Hertzfeld

Too bad Jon can't write. As a storyteller, a comedian or whatever it is his cartoons have aspired to be there just isn't much there. Only Ren & Stimpy (and maybe Boo Boo Goes Wild) were worth anything and I'm myself ignorant how much Jon himself helped with the writing of those.

Literally every other piece of media the man has ever produced, removed entirely from its animation merits, has been abject garbage. Get John a decent director, editor and writer and I'd gladly watch his stuff but left to his own devices he dissapears completely up his own asshole.
>>
>>93137221
John has an open hatred of writers, and believes animators should do their own stories
>>
>>93137153
>makes sense only to him.
nailed it desu. John's has a style of humor and an overall approach to his projects that honestly is very unappealing and is only funny to him and maybe his friends. and at the same time he is extremely critical of everything that everyone else makes.

the unfortunate thing is that his blog posts show a very deep appreciation and understanding of the principles followed by the creators of the cartoons that inspired him but he can't seem to ever use them to good effect despite giving such importance to them. you would think with all his insight as an artist he'd understand that making his work enjoyable is of the utmost importance, but instead he just draws ugly unfunny shit and tries to explain why it's better than everything else in the world.
>>
>>93137287
>why it's better than everything else in the world.
because it is not CalArts shit
DUH
>>
>>93137142
Found it:
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/02/johnny-hart-and-specific-characters.html

>>93137286
>and believes animators should do their own stories
Too bad there are only a handful animators out there who actually know how to write at least a semi-decent story. The rest only "write" what are basically just watered-down copies of cartoons they've watched as dumb kids, John included.
>>
>>93136574
"Holy cow, someone once asked me what I would say if we met and I couldn't think of anything"
>>
>>93137310
>John started the calarts = bad meme
it all makes sense now
>>
>>93136574
I'd tell him to read one of those shitty ren and stimpy creepypastas, like Ren's Rampage and My Poor Stimpy
>>
>>93135988
In some respects.
Unfortunately he lacks the ability to properly analyze himself and has been stuck with the same notions he's had since he was 20. So while some of the advice he gives is good, it should be handled with some level of skepticism.
>>
>>93137564
Basically. It was originally his catch-all term for most movie thing he don't like unless your name its Pete Emslie for some reason.

http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/cal-arts-style.html
>>
>>93136342
>>93136386
He's getting called out on national radio and he knows it. By his "friends" no less.
Wouldn't you be a bit freaked out?
>>
>>93137668
It's funny how off point he can be on things like this, but he can immediately recognize exactly where certain artists are stealing from. It's like his head's a grab bag of half savant and half crazy.
>>
>>93135988
He's shit
>>
>>93137576
>My Poor Stimpy
The sheer amount of bad research in that pasta is enough to give a man heart-attack
>>
>>93137842
I'm so tempted to repost it to /x/ and see their reaction
>>
I love how one man can cause so much butthurt
>>
File: 1382154878346.jpg (89KB, 483x323px) Image search: [Google]
1382154878346.jpg
89KB, 483x323px
>>93137996
I love how one studio (or in this case, many) can cause so much butthurt to one man.
>>
>>93137996
holy shit
>>
>>93137996
is that the guy who made Mighty Magiswords?
>>
>>93138078
yes
>>
>>93136238
>>that time John K. sent anonymous bomb threats to Nickelodeon Studios offices

AHAHAHAHAFUCK LOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>93137996
Kyle is a cunt though.
>>
>>93138111
that didn't actually happen, lol. if it did, john would probably be in jail right now

it's /co/ tradition to potray john k as a complete lunatic
>>
>>93138143

Wow, well thanks for filling me in.
That's still fucking funny for an in-joke.
>>
>>93138111
Chill dude, none of those happened
>>
>>93136073
Hey now Ripping Friends was awesome.
>>
>>93138143

In our defense he is a complete lunatic. Maybe not the bomb type but John'd be the first person I'd expect with a shotgun in one hand and a whisky bottle in the other telling me to get off his lawn.

Unless I was an attractive female anyway, everything I've read/heard about John K suggests he has, er, "special" ways with the lady folk. Wish I could find the audio commentary for Stimpy's Cousin. Don't remember who the girl is that was doing the commentary with John but she doesn't sound altogether comfortable with the conversation sometimes.
>>
>>93136574
Get him to voice act for my cartoon, because his voice is underrated as fuck.
>>
>>93138212
I personally thought it was pretty forgettable at best but hey you're still entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>93138234
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779205 ctrl + f "jivehonky"

jivehonky worked for john K sometime around 1998 - 2001

he has some really interesting things to say about him and his relationship with women
>>
>>93138265

Honestly I wouldn't mind hearing him in something. Don't know what his range is but his Ren was a lot better than Billy's and his Booboo was pretty funny too.
>>
>>93137996
i find it fucking hilarious that this manchild made an entire comic shitting on john k, while his comic and his show, mighty magiswords, is clearly influenced by the spumco style
>>
I saw John K. at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>93138023
http://clxcool.deviantart.com/journal/The-artist-who-acted-like-a-child-546911215
>>
>>93138122
>"Do I make myself clear?"

jesus christ
>>
>>93138448
Of course I'm aware that this Kyle fellow is an insufferable cunt who reacts to criticism as well as someone like Tom Preston, but it's not like John's any better you know (well, maybe except for the criticism part to an extent), especially when he gets similarly triggered by the most harmless art trends these famous studios follow.
>>
>>93135988
He's a hack that can't finish anything unless he has underage girls doing it for him
>>
>>93138375
>idolize animator
>become artist
>base your style off his work
>meet your inspiration
>learn he's an asshole creep
>>
>>93138234
I have the DVD that commentary is on, and he basically makes weird sexual comments to her the whole time, something about which one between Ren and Stimpy she would "give it to", and there was also a gag where Sven showed Stimpy his rolled up ball of used bandaids and he asked her if she did the same thing with tampons when she was a kid.
>>
>>93139138
lmao
>>
File: 1496803010928.jpg (152KB, 547x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496803010928.jpg
152KB, 547x700px
>>93139049
It's standard in this industry
>>
File: whats_the_difference.png (799KB, 868x927px) Image search: [Google]
whats_the_difference.png
799KB, 868x927px
>>93138448
>>93138868
Anyways, considering the quality of John's work nowadays I barely see any difference from Kyle's own work (at least from the "unappealing" examples posted). It's as if with a few touches here an there they're interchangeable.
>>
>>93139255
>that bottom right drawing
Jesus h christ
>>
>>93136238
We need a source on that one.
>>
>>93139255

I think the Simpsons gag is proof enough John has basically transitioned into an abstract artist at this point, bending the rules on what these characters look like right up to the point of being unrecognizable without jumping over that line completely.

With a good writer/director I'd like to think John's animation style could be used to make some pretty interesting stuff. I don't think he has it in him anymore to be under anybody anymore though. The only things we'll ever see from John K anymore are short gags/commercials/bumpers that he has near complete creative control over. God knows no one in their right mind would ever give him 30 minutes to fill again.
>>
>>93139453
>I think the Simpsons gag is proof enough John has basically transitioned into an abstract artist at this point
If John's an 'abstract artist' now, then Kyle might as well be considered one too.
>>
File: 1458153088337.jpg (36KB, 325x401px) Image search: [Google]
1458153088337.jpg
36KB, 325x401px
>>93138327
if any of this shit was true someone would have already said something to the authorities. it'd be easy to ruin him, it's not like he's a ceo or something.

telling that it hasn't happened yet despite all of these bullshit rumors
>>
File: Cans Without Labels.gif (2MB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Cans Without Labels.gif
2MB, 600x453px
When the fuck is that kickstarter short coming out
>>
>>93140719
>someone would have already said something to the authorities
Why?
>>
>>93136297
Jesus it's like they're all clones of each other with slight differences. John maybe kinda dick-ish but he's right on this. Thank God for Vilianous not repeating this.
>>
>>93136297
>>93141351
>Cue that one H-B image with the heads of Fred, Ranger Smith, George etc.
>>
>>93137996
as if I'd ever give Magiswords a chance now.
>>
File: IMG_8353.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8353.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>93141536
Television animation was expensive as fuck back then. I mean remember clutch cargo? Ted Turner and Bob Iger are millionaire, I'm sure a few extra bucks for different head shapes won't hurt their wealth in the slightest
>>
>>93141827
>clutch cargo
HE'S A FRIGGIN NERD!
>>
>>93136718
Because Richard's a better Canadian animator than John could ever be.

Remember, when Williams was busy working on Thief and the Cobbler and Roger Rabbit, John was working for (and making enemies with) DiC, H-B and Filmation.

And even if R&S was groundbreaking, it's not aged all that well and frankly, he's become complete shit in almost every aspect. I remember in a previous John K. thread, I mentioned how his beliefs ware flawed as fuck. Kinda wish that thread was archived so I could quote my post from that.

>>93139536
But it is abstract.

Abstract garbage.
>>
>>93135988
Reminder that Nickelodeon was right to fire John K. and Bob Camp doesn't get nearly enough credit for picking up the pieces.
>>
>>93138122
Hahahhah what an autist
>>
>>93140793
>When the fuck is that kickstarter short coming out
Not in this lifetime. :^)
>>
>>93142045
>Kinda wish that thread was archived so I could quote my post from that.
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/92215960/#92216216
This one?
>>
>>93142180
That's the one. Reposting my first post in that thread:

"Not to mention, he's even bashed his own work on R&S. He might as well just hate all animation. To wit:

>He praises late50s/early60s H-B for being stylized when everyone had the same few body types and shorter characters like Barney Rubble and Benny had those weird pupil eyes.
>Praises Bob Clampett's work when a fair amount of his shorts suffer from sloppy in-between frames.
>Wanks about his work on shows like Ripping Friends and The Simpsons when they're nothing but disgusting, over-animated trash. Both figuratively and literally.
>Praises UPA's style when literally everyone was doing it.

For all the badmouthing he does against most animation and art in general (even when he's right about things like Filmation or Dreamworks), his shit's not much better. And if we're being honest, John probably hates all forms of media (visual or otherwise). He's just open about his animation opinions."
>>
>>93141827
Yet it persisted as early on as the rubber hose days. Remember when almost every main character of that time either aped Felix or Mickey Mouse in appearance?
>>
>>93142399
But still you get the idea, I have nothing against the toons themselves.
>>
File: John K.png (379KB, 807x2106px) Image search: [Google]
John K.png
379KB, 807x2106px
>>
File: John K ToT.gif (60KB, 600x256px) Image search: [Google]
John K ToT.gif
60KB, 600x256px
>>93136035
He's butthurt that Jones is more beloved than Clampett. It's obvious (and sad) if you listen to his commentary on the Looney Tunes DVD.
>>
>>93142252
Interestingly, it sorta reminds me of the stuff this Micheal Barrier guy said in an "exchange" with the man.

http://www.michaelbarrier.com/Feedback/feedback_johnk.htm
>>
>>93136034
Pretty sure this day is why Billy never really looked back when he left. Like he doesn't badmouth Stern or anything, but he's never really talked to them again. It was a compelling as fuck show I heard it live back in the day, but holy shit you can see from his face he was not happy before John even walks in.
>>
does anybody have that youtube video of him being a creep
it got taken down
>>
>>93145596
That's why I can't fucking find it! Was gonna post it here, damn.
>>
File: Flustered Kogasa].jpg (24KB, 354x245px) Image search: [Google]
Flustered Kogasa].jpg
24KB, 354x245px
>>93136143
He has a checklist of compulsions and "theories" he needs to hit in every cartoon or the ghost of Bob Clampett will haunt him. He doesn't draw by instinct anymore; he has to think "is this non-symmetrical/cartoony/organic enough" about every drawing in order to keep it in his cartoons. He has to autistically hit EVERY one of his fetishes in every single drawing or it gets redrawn. He completely, retardedly misunderstood Rod Scribner and thinks literally every drawing has to be a key frame; despite Rod drawing plenty of inbetweens because YOU FUCKING NEED THEM in order for your animation to function without looking like a spazzy mess like his Simpsons couch gags. He always says "cartoons should be FUN", yet drawing for John is like a method of torturing himself.

Yes, I'm finna seething and yes I'm speaking from a personal place
>>
>>93135988

He's got his head so far up his own ass he sees the world through a glass bellybuttton.
>>
>>93136437
>Plus he also supported that loser Hillary.

kek, I GUARANTEE he did that just so he could hit on 17 year old girls and say "Ya know, I think it's time we had a woman president! Men ruined this country with their rap and low standards! I think a woman could do a GREAT job at running this country! please fuck me"
>>
>>93136186
I can't help but laugh at that John K had to take TWO Simpsons couch gags in the zombie Simpsons era, considering he incited that slap fight with the Simpsons staff back when the show was actually good.

The King of Standards sure goes back on his words when he needs the money.
>>
>>93135988
Oh, I always thought it was about renowned hentai artist John K Peta, my bad
>>
File: taters awaits.jpg (89KB, 311x502px) Image search: [Google]
taters awaits.jpg
89KB, 311x502px
>>93136631
Agreed, I really love this girl Katie designed for Naked Beach Frenzy,
>>
>>93136437
>Plus he also supported that loser Hillary. Sad!

This is only funny to me because he is basically the Trump of animation.
>>
>>93145416
Currently reading that and holy shit is John ignorant about the thing he's supposed to be an expert about. To say nothing about how he dismisses his brand of shit jokes.
>>
>>93135988
The man WAS a fucking genius. He's a shadow of his former self.
>>
>>93147120
That looks really badly drawn in comparison to the former Katie designed girl, who had a decent design although badly animated. Then again, whatever look "organically asymmetrical" in John's book looks good anyways. Sorry for that autistic VO, but I think it still speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vq929fM0iQ
>>
>>93136124

He made an episode including a character that was an exaggerated caricature of his father. Think stern and strict asshole dad who fears his son may become weak at any moment, and notch that up.

He proceeds to watch the episode, with all of his friends, and then tears John a new one afterwards. Not because of the starch stiff dad stuff, but because the resolution had the son briefly appear to be dead, and the dad broke down in tears over the wasted time and potential between them. Apparently all his friends thought his dad was soft from this, and Dad don't take none of that shit.
>>
>>93147327
Actually I'm not too sure what you're getting at in the video. I think some of those designs are pretty endearing and a bad example on your part.
>>
>>93136764
What, could he not wank off to Jessica Rabbit?
>>
>>93136034
damn these guys are really racist
>>
>>93138122
Oh fuck I'm friends with Chris on Facebook.

Both are massive autists
>>
>>93147528
>implying it's actually my video
Anyways, yeah, I think you have a point. I wouldn't say the designs are endearing, but they have something of a charm to them.
>>
>>93135988
he hates star wars
how can you forgive a man for that
>>
>>93147793
I think SW shouldn't have went beyond the first film myself, but I still wouldn't call it something ridiculous like "Happy Days in Space" or something,
>>
>>93135988

John K is like George Lucas; he's a highly specialized talent that needs other people to make good work. Unfortunately, John K didn't understand this about himself, and prefers to believe that anything he's not good at (writing, time management, not making your VA's hate you, dealing with the people paying your salary) is therefore unnecessary at best and What's Wrong With Animation at worst.
>>
File: JaneWalk_SpaceBG.gif (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
JaneWalk_SpaceBG.gif
3MB, 512x384px
>>
because he's a mass murderer
>>
>>93148617
>Happy Days in Space
Fund it!
>>
>>93145596
which one?
>>
>>93135988
any talented man who refuses to bend for women is bound to be hated here
>>
>>93135988

In October 2001, John Kricfalusi met with the families of 9/11 victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made airplane noises and mimicked two planes crashing. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, Kricfalusi became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.
>>
>>93150724
The one where he nearly molests a nervous Katie Rice.
>>
>>93137996
ugh
old men who have sex with young women are like sooooooooooooo disgusting
not my college proffesor tho, he gives me good grades
>>
>>93138122
WTF? i hate cartoons now
>>
>>93150785
oh, i think that was linked on here a few months ago

can you give me its dead link? I may be able to fetch it through my cache
>>
>>93142252
Clampett was only sloppy because of Rod Scribner, the rest of his animators were top fleet.
>>
>>93151032
>rob scribner
>sloppy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk-Xw_aIePo
>>
>>93150915
>can you give me its dead link? I may be able to fetch it through my cache
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cth5GGmvyj8
>>
>>93151335
shit i can't fetch it, its the same video where he says "since the networks were all run by uh, by dykes" right?

thats from the naked beach frenzy commentary, we may be able to find it
>>
>>93135988
yeah hes a genius

a genius at fucking up his career
>>
The more you watch this guy the more you realize he's somewhere on the spectrum. He's not exactly bad socially (eye contact, etc) but he has like zero self-awareness of what's uncomfortable or embarrassing and always has these kind of exaggerated movements. If you've ever known someone with Asperger's this is pretty similar to how some of them can act when they're feeling comfortable and having a good time, sort of just too engaged and unaware of how intrusive it can seem.

Watch how he argues with Billy West on Howard Stern and think about the scripts he wrote for the early Ren & Stimpy episodes, the guy's thinking on everything is bizarre: weird little quips, weird storytelling, changing character gender randomly, and he really did revolutionize unconventional animation. The character's pupils, eyebrows, body shape, tongue, anatomy, shading, layers and lines would all be subject to stretching, squashing, spinning, and becoming their own characters for expression sake.

(1/2)
>>
>>93151653
(2/2)

He's just a weird guy and I think he uses the hyper-masculinity to mask it because that's how his dad was, check out George Liquor: his character he derived from how he sees his Dad. I don't think he means anything badly, he probably sees these girls more as students or daughters than anything sexual. He really is just an odd guy and I love him so I don't feel right characterizing him in a way that he probably isn't fully aware of. Judging by the girls' reactions and the anecdotes of how closely they've worked with him and learned from him I think they kind of understand he's a weird guy but there's still a bond there I'm sure. I think the uncomfortableness comes more from them being aware there's now a camera to tape their interactions and that it can be easy to misconstrue.

TL;DR There's something off about John K, I don't think he meant this in a bad way and I think the girls get that. They seem really comfortable with him when they're reminiscing so I think they're more much uncomfortable with there being a camera to misinterpret his oddness than they are with John K in general. Yeah I cringed but I don't think he's a creep.
>>
>>93136574
As an amateur writer? i would punch him
>>
>>93151542
>its the same video where he says "since the networks were all run by uh, by dykes" right?
Yes.
>>
>>93135988
I don't care for his character designs, or his fucking disgusting gross out humor.
>>
>>93138386
what the fuck
>>
>>93136297
>three of those shows don't come from CalArts
>people still spew this meme
>>93141351
Yes, because edgy dA garbage is in John K's vision for animation.
>>
>>93153796
you forgot to mention
>one is fanart of a video game
>>
>>93153916
I was hoping I didn't need to bring it up.
/co/ is so far gone.
>>
>>93150760
Holy fuck, that's horrendous! I pray for those families.
>>
>>93154652
dude, that didn't fucking happen
check above, it's a /co/ meme to potray john kricfalusi as a complete and utter lunatic

both of these
>>93150760
>>93138386

are copypastas
>>
>>93154723
>it's a /co/ meme to potray john kricfalusi as a complete and utter lunatic
Well, John does a pretty good job of that by himself.
>>
>>93154747
what's he done thats as bad as those copypastas though
>>
welp, i can't watch mighty magiswords knowing the creator is a massive sperg
>>
>>93136034
billy was completely humiliated in this, lmao
someone needs to make one of those pepe and wojak images where wojak is billy being angry and pepe is smug john
>>
File: IMG_3301.jpg (96KB, 782x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3301.jpg
96KB, 782x1600px
>>93136143
Bro...a young John K was goat in terms of his art. I don't know if he is going through some Picasso phase where everything is super abstract but man he was far better a young man.
>>
File: IMG_3302.jpg (166KB, 1349x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3302.jpg
166KB, 1349x1079px
>>93157028
Posting some more old John K art before I get ready to go to bed (masturbate)
>>
>>93136574
"Get your hands off my tits!"
>>
File: IMG_3303.jpg (316KB, 1228x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3303.jpg
316KB, 1228x1600px
Here he is being cartoony without the thing looking like cluttered shit
>>93155613
That was made by some faggot named Kyle. A John K super fan turned mortal enemy after John critized his work. Funny enough John K's biggest critique was how off the body proportions of his characters looked and he's right magic magi sword looks like shit in terms of design. I really hates those elephant legs he gives the character.
>>
>>93135988
>"KEEP ANYONE KNOWLEDGEABLE WITH GENERAL FILM OUT OF ANIMATION, NO THAT'S NOT WHY EVERYTHING IN ANIMATION TODAY IS CLICHE GARBAGE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT"
>>
>>93135988
he rapes his interns
>>
File: IMG_3304.jpg (387KB, 1600x1228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3304.jpg
387KB, 1600x1228px
>>93157205
This I hate his idea that all cartoons should be funny.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswuDpHWkWY

john k's old shit is god-tier
>>
>>93135988
>great when he has limitations and is working with other people
>absolute dogshit when he's by himself
He's the Vince Russo of animation
>>
>>93135988
He's no George Lucas.
>>
>>93136034
You abandoned me. And I will never forgive you for that. Now get the fuck out of my house.
>>
>>93157028
>>93157051
>>93157126
>>93157405
Yes, I was waiting for someone who brought up his old work. The best thing about this stuff was like you said; that event the craziest stuff still had some solid form and structure to it.

He became so isolated in the things he believes that his style eventually devolved into a radical caricature of itself. It's as if he subconsciously infused elements of this purposefully ironic "pitch":

http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/09/hipster-toon-tude-retreat.html

with his design style and went on from there.
>>
>>93136041
If you read his blog, you'll begin to understand that this guy understands the art of cartoon animation better than anyone alive today.

However that doesn't mean that everything that he produces is genius. More often than not his projects end up with schedule and financial problems. A great cartoon theorist but a poor producer.

Also he can't find work anymore because he's terrible to work for and nobody gets far in the industry with a reputation like that.
>>
>>93136113
John doesn't seem to understand that not everyone responds to being humiliated and that being screamed at isn't funny to the one being screamed at.
>>
>>93138122
Kyle is a dweeb who hates John K while copying him but with less talent.

Chris is a John K sycophant who absorbed all of John K's opinions but not of his drawing methods. Check out his deviantart and tell me he has any business criticising anyone's art.

There are no winners here.
>>
>>93138265
Gotta give him that. His voice has a rough, unhewn quality and his vocal choices are always intriguing.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (5KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
5KB, 199x200px
>>93138327
>we used to go to drawing sessions at his house in van nuys. all the spumco people. john would put on a laserdisc of old warner bros cartoons and pause a character pose. he would tell us to draw the character (porky pig or whoever) and then he would leave the living room, go into the garage, put on music and start tap dancing. the first time he did it i couldnt understand what i was hearing and they explained to me "he's tap dancing" and i was like okay... so theres 20 of us sitting there drawing porky pig while john is in the adjacent garage tap dancing to Pennies From Heaven or some such old song. it was surreal
>>
>>93153717
Copypasta. I usually see this but with Ryan Gosling.
>>
>>93142252
I take issue with the Clampett one. They didn't 'suffer' from sloppy inbetweens. Scribner had a way of making each drawing totally different yet it still moved well.

Will I could say the same for Johns current work.
>>
>>93146474
You're so right. Animation seems like a form of self punishment for John. He hates 99% of everything ever animated, including things he's worked on.

He's known to redraw peoples work because it's not up to the standard he has in his head.

He can't understand why animation studio don't cater to the strict system he thinks cartoons should be produced under. He can't compromise and so he can't produce anything because it's not perfect. He suffers from Salieri syndrome.

I think John K's idea of heaven is having Rod Scribner hand animated cartoons for him for eternity.
>>
>>93147045
>90s
>Both John and The Simpsons crew stand by their creative instincts and create groundbreaking but completely different works and take shots at each other.

>2000s
>John and The Simpsons circle irrelevancy and both swallow their principles and work together in a desperate bid for attention
>>
File: snapshot_08.34.png (629KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_08.34.png
629KB, 854x480px
>>93159232
>Scribner had a way of making each drawing totally different yet it still moved well.
>Will I could say the same for Johns current work.
>could
I honestly hope this is a typo. To compare the "drawings" in John's current work to that of Scribner's own is a great insult to the latter.
>>
>>93147651
He said she looks like a transvestite. I actually agree, never found her sexy, she's too unreal.

Her enormous breasts look like implants and her hair looks like a wig to me.
>>
>>93151676
I don't know if he's on the spectrum I just think he doesn't have a lot of emotional intelligence. He can't bear to face the fact that he is responsible for his blacklisting in the industry. He also tells stories about his father menacing him and screaming at him and just generally being cruel but tells them as if they're charming familial anecdotes? He reveres his father who from the sounds of it was cold, distant and threatening.
>>
>>93159294
Twas. I meant to say
>WISH I could say the same for Johns current work

Johns weirdo crap is nowhere near Scribner.
>>
>>93159301
>He said she looks like a transvestite.
Consider what he drew Miley as, I don't think he has much ground to stand on (at least anymore).
>>
File: IMG_1636.jpg (187KB, 1382x1023px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1636.jpg
187KB, 1382x1023px
Incoming dump of John K. art from the 80's, when he could actually draw.
>>
File: IMG_1637.jpg (186KB, 1394x1015px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1637.jpg
186KB, 1394x1015px
>>93159415
>>
File: IMG_1638.jpg (129KB, 1029x1426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1638.jpg
129KB, 1029x1426px
>>93159425
>>
File: IMG_1639.jpg (95KB, 1047x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1639.jpg
95KB, 1047x725px
>>93159435
>>
File: IMG_1640.jpg (82KB, 653x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1640.jpg
82KB, 653x531px
>>93159441
>>
File: IMG_1641.jpg (186KB, 1315x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1641.jpg
186KB, 1315x1200px
>>93159454
I can post more later if I can find more, but that's it for now.
>>
>>93135988
For those interested, here's the PDF for John K's unrealised Art of Spumco book.

Loads of great art from Johns best period and his life story from his point of view.

It's up on Expirebox for 48 hours. Enjoy!
https://expirebox.com/download/ddba7f5be676f9ffc55bd3afbe132e61.html
>>
File: IMG_1642.jpg (38KB, 654x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1642.jpg
38KB, 654x478px
>>93159462
Here's some more.
>>
File: IMG_1643.jpg (97KB, 860x655px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1643.jpg
97KB, 860x655px
>>93159953
>>
File: IMG_1644.jpg (75KB, 661x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1644.jpg
75KB, 661x792px
>>93159962
>>
File: IMG_1645.jpg (144KB, 1131x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1645.jpg
144KB, 1131x1080px
>>93159974
>>
File: IMG_1646.jpg (64KB, 628x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1646.jpg
64KB, 628x590px
>>93159982
>>
File: IMG_1647.jpg (77KB, 850x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1647.jpg
77KB, 850x600px
>>93159988
That's it for now, I guess.
>>
>>93136034

I am not a fan of John K as a person and I don't even like his work but seriously fuck Billy.
>>
File: 1496639570864.gif (3MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1496639570864.gif
3MB, 400x226px
>>93136073
>Katie Rice
>listen to audio commentary for Sven Hoek
>John: "Hey, Katie which would you rather fuck? The stupid one Stimpy or a asshole like Ren?"
Mfw
>>
File: IMG_1648.jpg (591KB, 1311x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1648.jpg
591KB, 1311x751px
>>93160012
Billy West did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>93160125
Billy and K argue like an old married couple, he said and she said.
>literally did nothing wrong
What make you believe one asshole over the other asshole?
>>
>>93160186
Well, lots of people who work with West say he's a really nice guy, and lots of people who work with Kricfalusi say he's a real asshole.

Who cares though? Why are people dredging up 25-year-old shit?
>>
>>93160221
>Who cares though? Why are people dredging up 25-year-old shit?
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>93135988
shitty dude made shitty shows, what's to tell?
>>
>>93147488
>>93136160
man john is a wimp, his dad sounds cool
>>
>>93136034
>approximately at 15:30 Stern ask K's assisstant of the situation
>"I wanna see them kiss"
FUCKING FUJOSHITS.
>>
File: Ead_da_fuckin_FAAAAACE.png (426KB, 634x434px) Image search: [Google]
Ead_da_fuckin_FAAAAACE.png
426KB, 634x434px
>>93135988
>the man's a fucking genius

Yeah, but of the 'shit your pants, spend years on wild goose chase after ideal clips for a cartoon he was paid to do in advance' variety.
>>
>>93160186
the fact theres only one person in the industry who ever said anything good about John K, and thats Mike Judge, who if I recall never actually worked with him

Billy West doesnt have many enemies besides K
>>
>>93159496
Well that was an interesting read ...if only for most of the art and the cheerios story that is.
>>
>>93136437
God you reek of underage /pol/ cancer, fuck off.
>>
>>93159496
Thanks anon John K may be a prick, but I admire his art style it's kinda charming!
>>
>>93159496
It's amazing to see how one man's art style can devolve through the course of a few decades.
>>
File: d1uCpzkd.jpg large.jpg (140KB, 860x1412px) Image search: [Google]
d1uCpzkd.jpg large.jpg
140KB, 860x1412px
Post John K girls now
>>
>>93135988
Watch Adult party cartoon. This guy when given full control proved that he has extremely shit taste.
>>
>>93163399
Yes and no, apparently SpikeTV was pushing for him to go as far as possible with the adult elements.

Now with that said John K should have made the executive decision to pull it in a bit and not get so crazy. Although with the permanent erection he had with the chicks working under him on the project, he may have lost all reasoning and let his dick direct the show.
>>
>>93163354
>mfw that girl from the Bunnicula cartoon is essentially a heavily watered down version of this design infused with some Teletoon influence (subconscious or otherwise)
>yet John K will probably never point that out in whatever future tirade he'll have (if ever again) on his blog; most likely cause 'muh favoritism'
>>
>>93159997
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>93135988
I watched a cool documentary on Might Mouse. Apparently Bakshi would fire him almost daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6BJhn97uw
>>
>>93159264
>He can't understand why animation studio don't cater to the strict system he thinks cartoons should be produced under
Yet his ideas for what is good animation is extremely antiquated, judging by what he has put out since Adult Party. He can't even make a walk cycle that doesn't look like spastic jellyfish. It's all over the place, and ill suited for storytelling with any kind of emotional depth, which he has shielded himself from by declaring cartoons should be nothing but bob clampett gags.
>>
File: IMG_3305.jpg (237KB, 640x851px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3305.jpg
237KB, 640x851px
>>93163354
In a better and fair world John is an animation superstar making cartoons about cute girls in Sci-Fi Space adventures. Goddamn just look at this fucking thing, cute yet cartoony. And those beautiful colors. He might have gotten some help from his ex gf Lynn Nailor, a really great artist btw.
>>
I like him a lot, I think he's incredibly talented and really strives to embody his own work. However, he's also a living forest fire that when uncontrolled is just outright destructive to everything around him.
>>
>>93167865
I imagine he is too much of an old curmudgeon to make anything even if he had fuck you money.
>>
>>93138386
nice try anon, but I seen this copy pasta before and it was nostalgia critic instead of John.
>>
>>93166038
Ralph Bakshi is the J. Jonah Jameson of animation.
>>
>>93159496
Holy crap, thanks anon.
>>
>>93167874
>I like him a lot, I think he's incredibly talented and really strives to embody his own work.
I think so too. The problem is that he's "embodying his work" in the wrong ways. Admittedly he still retains A BIT of his former talent as a designer, but he has mostly fallen from grace as an actual animator. This is most likely due to his over reliance on the features of programs like flash or toonboom in recent years. I mean look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGiRuKOWoIw

It's not animated as badly as those Simpsons gags (somewhat) I'll give it that, but there's still just as many things off about that animation and not in the good sense of "off" associated with most of his pre mid-00's work either.
>>
I can make fun of John K all I want, but the man could still rip me in half like a phone book.
>>
>>93150717
... that kinda happened already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV1BaIKpae8&list=PLqcNVz8UuCsIMWSGN99O63xJuMsdeQNKC
>>
>>93169369
Yeah, his work definitely feels like it's taken a downward turn. Even the Ren and Stimpy Adult Party collection had really awkward animation.

It feels like he's grown accustomed to taking shortcuts and people will just acknowledge it as typical weird John K. style. But people who know his history of work will know that something is wrong with it.
>>
>>93163354
John K didn't draw this.
>>
>>93145596
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s25l7
>>
>>93169369
what's with all the fucking tweening
>>
>>93135988
What did he make again?
>>
>>93163477
He _insisted_ on doing Naked Beach Frenzy even after the network explicitly told him they wouldn't air it.
>>
>>93173188
They fucking aired Upward and Onward which had Ren and Stimpy eating puke and snot.
>>
>>93137996
>name of the racoon is Strawberry Fields

I don't know if I have to think of that as incredibly corny or incredibly clever.
>>
>>93135988
took all the credit for what Bob Camp did
>>
>>93162341
this
why are /pol/tards and those autistic praise kek faggots posting on /co/?
>>
File: kyle.png (296KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
kyle.png
296KB, 1000x720px
>>93138122
agreed.

fuck kyle
>>
chuck jones said that a good animator has to put restrictions on what he can and cant do to discipline himself

if john k did that he would become great again
>>
File: Hiroyuki Imaishi.jpg (30KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hiroyuki Imaishi.jpg
30KB, 450x600px
>>93145171
I can understand John K resentment of Jones's fame. Growing up watching the Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network, I rarely knew of Clampett's work, only Jones's or Freleng's was re-runned like crazy back in the day. Jones just knew how to sell himself better, and of course theres the whole controversy where he wrote a letter to Tex Avery himself accusing Clampett of taking too much credit for ideas that where not his. From John K's point of view this was a highly underrated animator get shit on by a famous one for no reason other than Chuck's own ego. That being said Clamped was the best director at Warner Bros. his stuff just stands out more to me, and really seems to embody the idea of a "Loony" toon.
Either way, when comes to TRUE Clamped successors, I would say it has to be Xilam (the French that did Oggy the Cockroaches) or pic related. Specially pic related.
>>
>>93135988
Yeah, I love john k peta too.
>>
>>93177393
you should not jerk it to that at 14

it just leads to disappointment
>>
>>93175695
>Growing up watching the Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network, I rarely knew of Clampett's work
Come on, everyone on the fucking planet has seen The Great Piggy Bank Robbery.
>>
People don't like him because he shits on terrible cartoons. The funny thing about cartoons is that people become emotionally attached to them. Even the awful ones, because they grew up with them. If you look at animation objectively and criticize their technical merits, people often become defense. They feel like criticizing the cartoons they grew up with is a personal attack. And John K. doesn't hold back his opinions and that rubs people the wrong way.
>>
>>93138122

I assume it's Kyle posting every time I see an autistic rant about John K. on /co/
>>
>>93139244
Milt Kahl wasn't an asshole. This is deliberately exaggerated for comedic effect.

Kahl was a very kind and patient man.
>>
>>93175695
>Oggy the Cockroaches
Whoa you have really low standards.
>>
>>93139255

The ones on the left look like fan art. I think I drew like that when I was a teenager in the '90s. Cringey stuff.
>>
>>93178055
I can say that before getting the Looney Tunes Volume 2 set I had never seen The Great Piggy Bank Robbery. I had seen a few Clampett cartoons that were worn out on VHS as a kid, but never that particular cartoon.
>>
Why does John K's freaky cult think other people should worship an old talentless dickhead?
>>
>>93178240
Daddy issues.
>>
>>93178206
On some level, who would give people shit if they weren't giving it their all when they drew their scenes. He knew enough about people to understand whether or not they put their all into the scene.
>>
>>93178140
True
>>
>>93178235

Weird. I saw 'The Great Piggy Bank Robbery' literally hundreds of times on TV as a kid in the '80s and '90s. But then, I did watch a lot of Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon, TNT, TBS, ABC, Cartoon Network, and in syndication. Looney Tunes was everywhere in those days.
>>
>>93178140
Some people don't like him for this reason. Almost everyone hates him for being an asshole and a borderline child molester who isn't even talented.
>>
>>93178262
Well that may explain it, never saw that up here in Canada. Mind you I didn't have all the channels. You'd get some YTV and Teletoon up here. You'd see Looney Tunes on Teletoon, but it was 80% Chuck Jones cartoons day in and day out. Lots of Sylvester and Tweetie.

Before that my family just had VHS tapes with some of the war cartoons. Things like Commando Daffy, To Duck or Not to Duck, etc. The tapes were so worn out the brights were brighter and the darks were darker in terms of contrast. Nothing to do with the screen settings, we just watched the VHS tapes till they turned to dust.
>>
>>93178299
>You'd see Looney Tunes on Teletoon, but it was 80% Chuck Jones cartoons day in and day out. Lots of Sylvester and Tweetie.

It's likely you were watching the ABC Network package of cartoons. In the '90s, most of the '50s Chuck Jones shorts and Freleng Tweety cartoons were shown on ABC on 'The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show'.

In those days, all of the LT cartoon shorts were divided between different networks. Occasionally, networks would 'trade' cartoons to shake up their content. I know ABC and Nickelodeon did a swap sometime in the mid-90s.
>>
>>93178347
Sounds like it. I remember having to discover Tex Avery's MGM cartoons by my dad downloading 240p versions through Limewire or similar systems.

I'm still mad that they don't have Tex Avery's entire collection on dvd or bluray restored. It would sell like hot cakes.
>>
>>93178364

Yeah, the best way to watch Tex Avery's cartoons on physical media is the long out-of-print French laserdisc collection. I'm not sure why they haven't released them. I think it's due to the fact that there's no marketable character attached to them outside of Droopy, who did get his own (terrible) DVD set.
>>
>>93145009
Holy shit if this was a ylyl thread then I would have lost
>>
>>93135988
That's John K? I expected him to be more...edgy
>>
The fuck? CN used to always rerun The Great Piggy Bank Robbery.
>>
File: red-lou.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
red-lou.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
>>93178386
I'm sure they can find someone to take his spot.
>>
https://twitter.com/katiejrice/status/429920296926056449

poor john k
>>
So the story with John K is basically that he was starved for father's approval, and due to his father being approving of heterosexual expressions, he basically associates raunchy sexual expression with the loving approval of a father. To him, sex and porn are tools to earn self-acceptance and the safety of his respected father's approval. Perhaps his leering is done in moments of weakness? When he asks about if his coworker ever made a ball of tampons as a kid, perhaps that's a kneejerk reaction to something he feels inside at the moment?
>>
>>93178656
He's like Mr. Garrison yelling "I'M NOT GAAAAYYYYY..."
>>
>>93178656
if john k is gay then why does he desperately ask for college girls to fuck him
>>
>>93178676
>>93178662
I'm not saying he's gay, I'm saying that being outwardly lecherous feels like father's love to him.
>>
File: 1487187375419.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1487187375419.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>93178656
If he wasn't really into animation he would have been better off in some sort of trade. Would have won his father's respect at lot more that way.

>his dad got upset when John animated a version of his dad that he thought he would appreciate for how manly he was
>turns out he made the dad character too emotional and thus negated the manliness that John tried to project
>John disappointed his dad that day
>>
>>93178737
If I had to guess his dad probably approves of him more than he thinks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJQsFJklGI
>>
>>93159496
Cheers.
>>
>>93178597

Wow, what a cold bitch. Now I feel sympathy for John K.
>>
>>93139244
Wasn't this because the newbie cartoonist asked if the professional listened to music while he worked? I found that very memorable.
>>
File: Vagabond.jpg (80KB, 480x507px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond.jpg
80KB, 480x507px
>>93178737
>>
File: JUUUUUUUUST!.png (293KB, 540x552px) Image search: [Google]
JUUUUUUUUST!.png
293KB, 540x552px
>>93177393
Same
>>
>>93178597
I personally think John is fucked in the head mostly because of his childhood. He could've been a more happier and less of a dickish person if his father didn't abuse him as much. I love his work but these days he's a pretty big asshole. I even have a George Doll from 1995 too.
>>
>>93178865
Shit, how'd he get this?

Also, is that seriously his progress on Cans?
>>
>>93136034

Putting right and wrong aside Stern really treats his employees like garbage. What an asshole.
>>
>>93180129
thats from 2014, he's finished most of it now, it will be ready in a few months for a film festival he says
>>
>>93154652
If he murdered two people I'm sure he would've been in prison by now. I can't believe /co/umblr is dumb enough to believe this shit. John K is a prick but he isn't some psychopathic murderer.
>>
>>93180157
He cancelled it back in 2015, where did you get this from?
>>
>>93138386
>>93150760
>>93136238
>>93159199
HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS SHIT?
>>
>>93180522
they are new fags that don't understand the concept of green text stories
>>
>>93180522
they're just newfags, /co/ has made hundreds of john k copypastas over the past 7 years, and almost every single time theres 2-3 people who think they're real
>>
>>93180186
"Scott Pikulski What happened to the kickstarter? It's been 5 years?
Like · Reply · 2 · 15 hrs
John Kricfalusi
John Kricfalusi almost done, man.
Like · Reply · 8 mins"
"Dennis Peña Cut the crap and release Cans goddamit
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
John Kricfalusi
John Kricfalusi soon. I hope you will like it
Like · Reply · 12 mins
John Kricfalusi
John Kricfalusi just doing the titles and credits now
Like · Reply · 1 · 13 mins"
>>
>>93160067
i remember she likened him to a creepy uncle, and from what i understand thats a kind way of putting it
>>
>>93136034
I would do the same as billy. this interview was painful.
>>
>>93135988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUO6bWM3h9g
>>
File: 1495517744588.jpg (8KB, 232x260px) Image search: [Google]
1495517744588.jpg
8KB, 232x260px
>>93182664
>touch tips
>>
>>93182664
mkay..
>>
>>93157205
To be fair, he likes Balski's work
>>
File: 1496760537392.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496760537392.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>93178140
>The funny thing about cartoons is that people become emotionally attached to them. Even the awful ones, because they grew up with them. If you look at animation objectively and criticize their technical merits, people often become defense.
Just like how you're still defending John even though his technical skill nowadays is obviously downgraded from the classic Ren & Stimpy era?

I don't give a shit if he hates crap like Animaniacs or Tiny Toons (Season 2 onward at least) or even most Didney stuff. I give more of a shit about his progression as an artist and especially an animator. It's especially telling when even some of his fans can put out more decent-quality animation work than him.
>>
>>93138122
naw, fuck these autismos who badmouth the creators then get upset when they get called out for being dickheads.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.