[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumanji Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

So Jumanji, the Klasky Csupo series, came out on DVD. How bad was it? I hardly remember it.

The plot of the live action sequel puts 4 kids into the actual game itself and they get turned into these 4.
>>
>>93127198
You forgot the worst part, its a video game
>>
>>93127198
There was a jumanji cartoon?
>>
>>93127198
Don't forget, Jack Black's character is a girl
>>
Sounds pretty #litty.

Is it by any chance a RAUNCHY R-RATED FUN?
>>
>>93127198
It actually wasn't bad at all. Good adventure series. Pretty goddamned intense at times, too.

>that "your greatest fears" episode
>Alan's greatest fear is not only that he'll grow old and die in Jumanji, but that Judy and Peter will waste their lives trying to get him out

>that episode where they drop Van Pelt down a bottomless pit because, as part of the game, he can't be killed, and Jumanji retaliates by turning Peter into the new Van Pelt
>Van Peter straight-up tells Alan that Jumanji intends to force Alan to kill Peter and become the new Van Pelt himself

>>93127293
I think it aired on UPN on Sunday mornings or something.
>>
>>93127293
It was by the same studio that did Godzilla and Extreme Ghostbusters. Was actually pretty cool but didn't get good airtimes ever for some reason.
>>
>>93127293
Yes. I didn't know there was a live action series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbZZKEJXz9U
>>
>>93127198
>dat spoiler
Doesn't that sorta undercut Robin Williams's struggle in the first movie?
>>
>>93127630
Yes
>>
>>93127293
Get a load of this underage faggot.
>>
>>93127256
But that just makes it Homestuck
>4 kids
Fuck
>>
Christ, Hollywood gets exponentially worse every year.
>>
>>93127630
not really. the first movie ended with Robin sealing up the game and throwing it in a river, but the last scene has it wash up somewhere and the tribal drums start playing to indicate that new players finding the game is inevitable. Robin' struggle was to reclaim his stolen childhood and he succeeded.
>>
>>93128320
so is Jade the black guy or the redhead?
>>
File: karen gillan jumanji.jpg (80KB, 287x800px) Image search: [Google]
karen gillan jumanji.jpg
80KB, 287x800px
can't wait for this plot
>>
File: 1453632370633.png (112KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1453632370633.png
112KB, 480x319px
>tfw watched Jumanji cartoon and played Pitfall Mayan Adventure side-by-side
>>
>>93128887
The fandom literally depicts Jade as a black guy in fanart now
>>
>>93130294
Isn't Jade a girl?
>>
>>93130502
She is. They're being progressive/inclusive by giving her the body of a hulking black male with facial hair and calling it a girl.
>>
File: jumanji_cartoon.jpg (20KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
jumanji_cartoon.jpg
20KB, 250x186px
>>93127293
>>
>>93127198
>>93127293

Yep, the cartoon is actually really cool. Jumanji is this weird sentient dimension and almost everything is secretly mechanical. There's like a huge system of gears that runs the sun and other systems of the game, and there are all these recurring denizens of the game.

Its art is kind of ugly but its an interesting watch.
>>
>>93127400
I loved how Alan moved into Van Pelt's house and started acting like him.

>>93127438
Because its a genuinely ugly show. I can see kids not giving it a chance.
>>
>>93130960
That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>93131364
It was also surprisingly dark, especially for it's time (probably was snuck past the censors but in Van Pelt's house we actually see mounted children's heads, apparently Alan really is that good because at least 3 kids weren't)
>>
>>93132154
Oh yeah! I remember that. Van Pelt had literal children corpses.

My favorite thing was that guy who makes the robot animals that turned out to be a robot himself.
>>
>>93131364
>Its art is kind of ugly
Ugly in a good way, KC's style really works for shows like this.
>>
>>93132154
I liked the shows ending. Alan gets out and starts tagging the aunt.
>>
>>93127198

This new movie genuinely sounds horrible.
>>
>>93127997
Nigga i was 2 when the first episode aired.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.