[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in light of recent events, was the show even that good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: dannphan.jpg (77KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
dannphan.jpg
77KB, 1280x704px
So in light of recent events, was the show even that good?
>>
Had its moments but was overall one of the best examples of "wasted opportunity" ever produced. A lack of consensus within the show's own production team about where to take the tone and refusal to commit wholeheartedly to either action or comedy hurt it, as well as an extremely underwhelming series finale. I might sound like I'm knocking the show but I honestly do I like it, it just feels like it could have been a whole lot more.
>>
>>93123106
A show to kill for.
>>
>>93123106
Oh yeah, it's one of the hallmarks that a piece of work is good: When you have nutjobs that worship it enough to inflict harm on themselves and/or others for it.
>>
The show was pretty solid until Butch and Steve Marmel had creative differences. Then the final season happened along with a disappointing series finale.
>>
>>93123106
It's alright, but Danny is like a Diet Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
>>
>>93123180
Yeah, the show always seemed to go back and forth between FOP-level gags and jokes and acting like an actual action cartoon with character development. And Hartman/Marmel never figured out how to combine the two, meaning the show was always indecisive on what it wanted to be.
>>
How did the show even get a fandom anyway?
>>
>>93123444
Very light lore elements and shipping.
>>
>>93123444
What >>93123508 said, and I've found that a lot of the modern fandom is teens who were kids when it aired and seem to selectively remember the lore/romance/action parts instead of the comedy parts that were like half the show. Kind of similar to people that remember the original Transformers as beings some kind of 100% serious epic adventure.
>>
>>93123230
Aside from Sam, I don't think season 3 was that bad, even though Vlad was the villain for nearly every episode.
Phantom Planet, on the other hand, sucks hard.
>>
>>93123238
He's Timmy as Peter.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.