[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this type of character subversion called?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0440.jpg (785KB, 2267x1748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
785KB, 2267x1748px
What is this type of character subversion called?
>>
>>93122462
>subversion
You need to lurk more on TV Tropes.
>>
different writers?
>>
>>93122462
Bad writing.
>>
Making a character an idiot I guess? Though I'm not sure if Fred was ever supposed to be smart in the first place.
>>
>>93122462
did red herring ever do anything?
>>
>>93122509
>>93122546
>>93122572
Do we seriously hate TV Tropes this much!?
>>
>>93122588
No, but it never stopped fred from assuming he was the culprit.
>>
>>93122603
My post said fuck all about TV Tropes.
>>
>>93122631
And that's the problem, moron.
>>
>>93122658
Are you autistic?
>>
>>93122572
Fred was always the one that came up with elaborate traps to catch the villain. Him and Velma were literally the only ones that even bothered to solve every investigation. Daphne, Shaggy, and Scoob were all idiots.
>>
>>93122671
He visits TVtropes and gets annoyed that people don't use their terminology, so I'm going to guess "yes" on that one.
>>
>>93122462
It's called "the shows on the left were more straightforward genre fare with comedy elements, the shows on the right were self-parodies that subvert expectations for comedic effect"

Not to mention the "stern, by-the-book leader" is usually the least popular character in any kids' ensemble show, so poking holes in their image is a good way to make kids laugh.

TL,DR: Kids love poking fun at authority figures.
>>
>>93122616
>>93122588
There was specifically one episode where Red Hearing actually was the culprit, but the gang had finally convinced Freddy to stop suspecting him because he'd never been right.
>>
>>93122588
He became Red X.
>>
Flanderization
>>
chibi
>>
>>93122803
The correct term is posted on the 16th reply?

/co/ is finished, guys. Just shut it down.
>>
>>93122588
There was one episode where freddy was dared/betted? he couldn't go one day without accusing red and it ended up being red at the end of the episode but that was the only one.
>>
>>93122679
>Daphne, Shaggy, and Scoob were all idiots.
They all served a purpose, Daphne was the rape bait and Shaggy/Scooby always caught the monster in the end.
>>
>>93122794

DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
>>
>>93123170
I didn't say they were bad characters, just idiots. Fred was a Gary Stu and probably the worst character.

Shaggy was easily the best.
>>
>>93122762
Except the comedy in TT is light-years ahead of any of the shit that passes for comedy in the so-called "reboot".
>>
>>93123071
It isn't the correct term though you pseude. Flanderization is when you progressively exaggerate minor quirks in a character's personality until it completely defines them.

Fred and Robin basically had their personalities pulled inside out, not exaggerated. They went from the boring competent straight man to the most outlandish crazy character.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.