[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punisher MAX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: RCO001_1471065867.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001_1471065867.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
So I read this the other day.

What do you guys thnk of Jason Aaron making Frank a traumatized solider who couldn't reconnect with his family?
>>
>>93120605
I didn't like it but that was mostly because of how he made it imply that Frank let his family die.
>>
File: IMG_1024.jpg (577KB, 1189x1856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
577KB, 1189x1856px
I hated it, had some great moments like pic related but overall I thought Aaron missed the point with frank with him using his family completely as an excuse it even shitted on ennis and all the previous runs while having kingpin as the villain with ninjas was retarded considered punisher max never had MU villains
>>
Aaron's a hack, nothing new
>>
>>93120675
That was total bullshit.

And no amount of mental gymnastics can make me think that.
>>
>>93120713
I didn't mind that, I actually enjoyed seeing the rise of Wilson Fisk from normal mobster to Kingpin. And no one was wearing spandex or had superpowers. Even Bullseye said it, "I can't kill you with a fucking toothpick." It kept things gritty and realistic.

But Elektra being a lesbian that allows herself to be seduced by Vanessa to get back at her ex-husband? That I found hard to swallow.
>>
>>93120675
I can't really reconcile it with Ennis version, but on the bright side is that due to other changes Aaron made (like setting Frank's birth year earlier than Ennis intended) you could think of this as yet another alternate universe, even if Marvel considers it canonical to their MAX universe (which includes a version of Wolverine).
>>
>>93120907
Elektra being a lesbian was hard reaf let alone watch since it had the weakest art Dillon ever made even worse than his preacher finale
>>
>>93120907
The lesbians bit added nothing and came out of nowhere. Aaron's Max reads like a solid exploitation flick. Ennis was more action thriller with a hard boiled detective vibe. I really enjoyed the arcs, but Homeless faltered, and the ending with everyone becoming a vigilante left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>93120983
I could try to do that except for the fact that Aaron stablishes it firmly in the same continuity with that one flashback panel of Barracuda.

The bastard.

>>93120996
Dillon's art was never ever more than adequate. He was never all that impressive and he suffered from same face syndrome.

Strangely thought, for a more realistic series like this one. His art works better than more stylized or beautiful artwork. There was a crude roughness to his pencils that helped the somber mood.
>>
I thought it was downright disrespectful to try and keep that incarnation of Punisher going after Ennis left.
Absolutely no good reason for it to be the same Frank.
>>
>>93121565
>I could try to do that except for the fact that Aaron stablishes it firmly in the same continuity with that one flashback panel of Barracuda.

Yeah but you don't see which hand he was missing right? And you don't see any other panels other than Barracuda and Castle and O'Brien's kid. All you know is that it was a panel that referenced Long Cold Dark. You could pretend that the Punisher/Eminem crossover happened in Aaron's universe.
>>
>>93120675

The divorce was the worse part, especially remembering how frank beat the shit out of his neighbor talking about how he left his wife and family because he was tired of them.
>>
>>93121825
Yeah, I immediately thought back about that scene and suffered a WTF moment.

I still didn't like him killing Micro, I understand why he would do it, but I didn't like it at all.

I think it was just Ennis' way of saying "my character's cock is biiger than yours", and being oh so edgy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.