[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yale Stewart is a bitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 52

File: 20170610_142152.png (2MB, 1080x1848px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_142152.png
2MB, 1080x1848px
>WAAAAH Someone is using my art outside of its original intended purpose. Pay attention to me!
>>
>Picture of mourning Batman
>"Don't use it for mourning Batman!!"
>>
Ehh, stealing art is a legit complaint. However, unless they're making money off it there's no real harm done. They SHOULD still direct people to the original artist, but an edit is not that big of a deal.

Conclusion: He should chill out but he's not being a big enough of an asshole to make a thread about it unless he has a history of making a big deal about this stuff.
>>
>>93118203
Wow, it's actually real.
>>
He has attributed a very specific and strong emotion into a piece of his art, so I get where he's coming from, because when he sees it he feels what he attributed on the original usage. But he can't possibly expect people to have the same feelings and perceptions.
>>
>>93118203
He doesn't even own the character.
>>
File: 600x337.jpg (38KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
600x337.jpg
38KB, 600x337px
>Every fucking time there’s some big tragedy, this dude makes a wallpaper to benefit (insert charity) and it just looks like a shameless ploy at self promotion.

>Instead of making a cutesy little wallpaper of DC heroes you don’t own, supporting media entities that already ignore brown people, that have news companies that spin a narrative that blames the victims of police brutality and not the aggressors, why don’t you just shutup and privately donate as much as you want to ACLU, whenever you want, and not just when #ferguson is all over twitter.

>Putting two images of SPACE COPS as your “SUPPORT FERGUSON” wallpaper, and offering it for a DOLLAR, is fucking gross. And I hate that we can’t distinguish between support and capitalism.

>You know the only reason the dollar is going to the ACLU, is because the product he’s selling isn’t a wallpaper, it’s himself.
>>
I suppose the fact that he's using someone else's characters for his art in the first place has completely flown over his head.
>>
I once gave him 20 bucks to sketch Wonder Loli so eh.
>>
>>93118203
Guy makes his entire career on plagiarism.

steals characters for his own use. Complains when his stolen art is stolen by others.

ok.
>>
>Waaah don't use these characters I didn't create!
>>
>>93118267
I think he just has a history of sending dick pics.
>>
>>93118362
I'm not reading all this
>>
>>93118311
Okay, I guess I can see that, kind of. At least this gives me an idea of how he feels and why.

But, posting about it? Did he learn nothing from the DICK PICS incident?
>>
>>93118203
OK, Ulises.

>>93118362
kek, exactly what came to mind.
>>
>>93118311
Honestly, most people don't care about artists at all, and just want to use their work for whatever agenda they can think of. In this case, I don't see it as THAT big a deal, though I do see the difference between a mass murder and the death of Adam West, who got to live a long, full, natural life. Even OP doesn't give a fuck about artist's intent though, because people see artists as tools to used.

>>93118362
I have no idea what you're trying to say. He raises money and gives it to the ACLU, yes or no? How the fuck is an artist supposed to gather money to donate, besides ART, the thing they professionally work on.
>>
>Makes money out of characters that aren't his
>Complains that people are stealing it
This doesn't make any sense, that can't be how it happened
>>
File: 1496563698250.png (63KB, 209x201px) Image search: [Google]
1496563698250.png
63KB, 209x201px
>steals DC characters
>cries when someone steals his shitty art
What a fucking hack
>>
>>93118398
>>93118400
>>93118543
Does /co/ worship copyright holders? If he's putting out stuff for personal profit, I see the problem, but if he's just making tribute pictures for different things, these characters are part of our culture. I guess you're trying to say he should make his own characters, but everyone knows that wouldn't have nearly the emotional impact. It would be closer to Sonichu crying over a mass murder.

Shit, next you guys will tell me you think companies should own the copyright on a character forever, with no limits.
>>
>>93118598
>Steals DC characters

He literally works for DC.
>>
>>93118634
>source: my ass
>>
>>93118267
> no real harm done

misrepresenting an artists work seems pretty harmful to that artist's reputation.
>>
>>93118630
The jews are showing their noses.
>>
>>93118203
>WAAAAAAAHHH!! Somebody is criticizing me for stealing somebody else's hard work to use for my own purposes!!! Pay attention to me instead!!!!!
>>
>>93118630
/co/ throws a hissy fit whenever an artist has an opinion about anything. They become "hacks" in the blink of an eye.

>>93118598
Case in point.
>>
>>93118521
>How the fuck is an artist supposed to gather money to donate, besides ART, the thing they professionally work on.

I think what they're saying is that the artist would never care about the cause in the first place if they hadn't found a way to capitalize on it. Which supposedly they're doing by latching on to the story for free advertising, getting their name out to new people through it. Which in some cases is possible to be the true motive behind the actions, but it's usually really hard to tell the artist's true intent- whether they genuinely have their heart in the right place and are doing it from a real attachment to the cause or if they have other incentives.
>>
Man, you guys are going to be real upset when you learn Finger has been dead for years and literally hundreds of people were paid to steal his characters.
>>
>>93118712
But why? Why does OP even care? OP is basically saying he supports an artist's work being edited for ANY agenda. I get that Adam West was great, but he did live a full life, so it is a very different intent.

>>93118734
So a lot of people just assume his intent as the worst possible motive they can think of?
>>
I feel like now isnt the right time to voice that complaint given West literally just died, but I can see why they'd be upset though, given its intended purpose. My response is that the art probably never should have been put online, and instead have been left as a piece at the site where the mass murder happened, like a candle or flower would, if he didn't want people online to share and do with it what they will.
>>
>>93118776
But that artist used a character that doesn't belongs to him to supports his own agenda.
He doesn't have the right to cry about it.
>>
>>93118776
>OP is basically saying he supports an artist's work being edited for ANY agenda
The agenda is irrelevant; it's a picture of a Sad Batman of course it's going to be used whenever something sad and Batman related happens.
>>
>>93118630
>if he's just making tribute pictures for different things

They're from his fanfic webcomic. I don't think he makes a lot of money from it, but its popularity and success has gotten him noticed by publishers and let him pick up some gigs. He's technically not profiting, but he has benefited from it in the past. Whether you think that's right or wrong is up to you, though. I don't see much harm in it, principally. But I also think he's hypocritical for bitching like this and deserves some calling out.

>next you guys will tell me you think companies should own the copyright on a character forever, with no limits.

I see you've never been to a "Disney vs copyright law" thread on here before. That absolutely does seem to be some anons' opinions around here.
>>
File: 1485403233140.jpg (37KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485403233140.jpg
37KB, 250x200px
>90% of the posters in the thread have 0 reading comprehension

He's not mad that they stole his art. He's mad that the stolen art was grieving a national tragedy and appropriated for a celebrity death.
>>
>>93118868
>I see you've never been to a "Disney vs copyright law" thread on here before. That absolutely does seem to be some anons' opinions around here.
Well, those anons can just go straight to Hell.

>>93118829
Yeah, Batman's not his character, but the original creator is long dead. It IS his artwork. We all know there is nothing he can actually do to stop people from using his work for whatever they want, but he doesn't have the right to be bothered by it at all? Or does he not have the right to voice his opinion? It all seems really hypocritical, when I'm pretty sure all of us have bitched and moaned about how these characters are handled in various books by various writers. These aren't OUR characters, but we are allowed to voice our opinion about their use, correct?
>>
>>93118798
Wasn't that piece one of the ones he was selling to people?
>>
>>93118880
this, can you people not read?
>>
>>93118880
Boo

Fucking

Hoo
>>
>>93118657
>>93118267
The edit makes more sense than what he initially put out there. Being a shameless piece of shit is also a big no no in the industry.
>>
>>93118942
>Or does he not have the right to voice his opinion?
Voicing an opinion is fine, it's the moral grandstanding I object to.
>>
>>93118657
You're saying that like people are using the picture to mourn adolf hitler, which they're not

How could this in any way negatively affect his reputation
>>
>>93118798

Yeah, then some dumb whore could have snapped a picture of it on location and he would have gotten even more virtue signaling points.

But I guess that would require some actual effort.
>>
>>93118776
>So a lot of people just assume his intent as the worst possible motive they can think of?

I can see why people mistrust him. If it had just been an aurora tribute, that would be one thing. He has a seemingly personal connection to DC characters, so it makes sense. But there was a time when he made a thing for every national tragedy that came up, and he just didn't seem to have the same personal connections to them. It could just be his way of dealing with tragedy, or he could just genuinely care about these various big news stories. But it did seem less genuine after the third time.
>>
>>93118880
>>93118979
Having reasons for your hypocrisy doesn't make it any less hypocritical.
>>
>>93118942
>We all know there is nothing he can actually do to stop people from using his work for whatever they want, but he doesn't have the right to be bothered by it at all? Or does he not have the right to voice his opinion?
He does, but we also have a right to tell him he's being a little faggot. In the art industry pirating wokrs or retooling them to fit your own is a great way to get yourself black balled. However someone modifying your image slightly to pay homage to something that makes more sense than the thing you initially drew it for is completely different.

It's not even like it's super offensive as an edit where such a thing might be merited, he's crying because he's a little dickless faggot.
>>
>>93118979
>>93118880
are you two stupid?
he mad his IP/art is being used inappropriately, by his opinion. Which is exactly why its hilarious. His art/IP is stolen IP being used inappropriately. you think any of the DC creators are ok with THEIR characters being used by him for whatever HIS message is?

If he can steal others creations and use them to promote HIS narratives. Others can steal HIS and use it for whatever message THEY want.
>>
>>93118996

This. There's no fucking reason what so ever to have any objection to the way his art is being used. There are artists who have their shit appropriated by nazis and SJWs every day for their abhorrent agendas and most of them just suck it up and move on.

I could totally understand if it was some expensive masterpiece but thats a fuckin sketch of chibi batman shut your hole.
>>
>>93118645
He did. He wrote and drew a bunch of Superman books for kindergarten kids that was published. The guy also did an issue of Nova for Marvel and a few other stuffs. DC is completely aware of who he is and really doesn't care about what he does with his comic or his posters. It's actually surprising they didn't publicly endorse him, yet. The worst trouble he had with copyrights was a few years ago when he had to change the name from Little League to JL8 after a complaint by the Little League Baseball.
>>
>>93119106
>he had to change the name from Little League to JL8 after a complaint by the Little League Baseball.
Oh god, that makes this so much funnier.
>>
>>93118996
OP could be accused of the exact same grandstanding. And don't pretend being anon makes him immune to that, we all know how pathetic people can be.

Let's actually look at what OP is saying:
>Anyone has the right to use any artist's work to push any agenda they want
Okay, considering where we are, that makes sense...
>And artist has no right to state their opinion about edits or unintended use of their work
That's... retarded. It just feels like OP is being a baby and offended that an artist has a problem with people changing the intent of his work.

>>93119073
I can't say because I honestly don't know much about the guy. But until he does something to make me think it's all for personal glory, I like to think people who do tribute images are sincere. When a musician sings a song in tribute for people who died, no one thinks it's odd at all. So why should an artist using their skill to do the same thing be looked at differently? It's an odd double standard.

Also, I see a lot of "not his characters" but, regardless, it IS his art. So what about artists who draw sketches at cons? Should they not be allowed to draw Wolverine or Superman?
>>
>>93118961
He was selling it and giving the entirety of money he made towards charity. Yale did that a few times with a bunch of tragedies.

I understand any cynics when they suspect things like the artist keeping the money for himself or whatever. But I've been following him enough to sincerely believes the guy is legitimate in his endeavours.
>>
>>93118880
Adam West dying isn't the same as a bunch of innocent people getting killed but mourning Batman is at least as relevant, and people being upset about West's death is perfectly understandable.

Think about the target audience of his post. He's basically complaining loudly about nothing to people who are mourning. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>93118462
are you mentally impaired, serious question
>>
>>93119182
He probably sees a wall of greentext as a waste of time, like most people.
>>
File: dogf.jpg (199KB, 653x611px) Image search: [Google]
dogf.jpg
199KB, 653x611px
>>93118203
Fuck this guy.

I say people use mourning batman for everything now. Because fuck him.
>>
>>93119151
>OP could be accused of the exact same grandstanding.
How?
>Anyone has the right to use any artist's work to push any agenda they want
OP isn't saying that at all.
>And artist has no right to state their opinion about edits or unintended use of their work
OP isn't saying that either. You're reading a whole lot into a single passive aggressive comment about a guy who's complaining of art theft.
>>
>>93118462
>four sentences
>all this
You have to be 18 years old to post here.
>>
>>93119122
Yeah, I remember his original facebook post when he had to explain the name change. It wasn't a big deal and mentioned as well that DC has never bothered him with his work and they let him do his thing.
>>
>>93119225
No, anon, haven't you read the thread? Using DC's intellectual properties in any way is WRONG!
>>
File: Blink.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
Blink.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>93119199
>four sentences long
>a wall
>>
>>93119171
I do believe the part where the proceeds went to charity. But, this was still a product that he sold, regardless of where the money went. It wasn't a tribute he posted just for his own peace of mind and for the victims, he promoted it and distributed it. And now somebody that may or may not have bought it cropped it and reposted it, and he's whining and saying that that's wrong.
>>
>>93118203
>Doing remembrance/tragedy artwork.

Why is this a thing? I can understand doing a painting or something, but drawing pictures of comic/cartoon characters crying over shit is always awful.
>>
>>93119311
Somebody give me that Doom page. You know the one.
>>
File: 3.jpg (13KB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
13KB, 320x362px
>>93118362
>>
I need edits of mourning Batman inserted into everything.
>>
File: 1324286323631.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1324286323631.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>it's an "op doesn't like a situation for a reason that they can't find any real reason or explanation for so he just puts 'muh' or 'wah' in front of an over simplified restating of the situation" episode
>on the next episode: three suspiciously similar ips reply to my comment accusing me of being Yale even though all I'm doing is pointing out that this thread is as dumb as pointing out what year it is or just straight up telling someone to "deal with" your opinions as fact
>>
>>93118880
Who gives a shit about this pedantic nonsense.

Putting shit on the internet is practically asking for somebody to take it.
>>
>>93119255
Nah, using DC's intellectual property is ok.
That "artist" is just being a whiny faggot for no reason.
>>
>>93118630
>Does /co/ worship copyright holders
it's funny because this is a very conservative thing to do and yet /co/ is supposed to be one of the most liberal boards
>>
File: unfazed.png (59KB, 284x458px) Image search: [Google]
unfazed.png
59KB, 284x458px
>>93118203
>artist rages impotently at misuse of his work
>>
>>93119151
Yale plz
>>
>>93119277
>I do believe the part where the proceeds went to charity. But, this was still a product that he sold, regardless of where the money went.
What? How is raising money for CHARITY not different than for personal profit? Shit, >>93118362 this faggot goes on and on about how he shouldn't draw anything and just "privately donate as much as you want", but that's idiotic. He's AN ARTIST. He makes his own money, and raises awareness, WITH ART. If it gets any money into the charity, he's basically doing charity work. I know it's not the most detailed batman pic ever, but art is WORK. I don't see how people who talk about comics (most of whom, I know for a fact have never MADE a comic) forget that simple fact. He did that specific work for a specific tragedy, so most people get why he's bothered by an edit. I think the real think is that most people (whether they admit it or not) care as much, if not more, about the death of Adam West (who lived a long, happy, natural life) than they do the murders of people they don't know. So they want to make excuses for it, I get that.

I just don't get why people can't draw their own mourning Batman? Art's EASY right? Only a faggot can't draw their own mourning Batman.
>>
File: 18dxt3qmn54tpjpg.jpg (245KB, 800x1189px) Image search: [Google]
18dxt3qmn54tpjpg.jpg
245KB, 800x1189px
>>93119332
>>
File: JL8Colorado.jpg (434KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
JL8Colorado.jpg
434KB, 1280x960px
Template when?
>>
>>93119432
But /co/ loves that because that's an OFFICIAL MARVEL PRODUCT, and not some horrible artist who doesn't respect the company's legal claim to the intellectual property that is Dr. Doom.
>>
what n asshole, if people mourning something use your art, you shut up and dont say a thing. You dont have to make a declaration as if that would prevent fans from mourning using your art. Why is he trying to police what people use his "batman sad" cartoon for? let those people mourn in peace you shitbag
>>
>>93119460

what does Batman have to do with Colorado
>>
>>93119383
>"artist"
Draw Batman right now, and take a timestamp photograph of it. You'll be graded.
>>
>>93119470
are you literally twelve? that has been brought up thousands of times as one of the most ridiculous examples of bad use of characters mourning.
It has become a running joke, its widely REVILED as being a shitty thing to do and this page is saved as an example on doing it wrongly.

Whats wrong with you that you can claim people like it?Did your parents analfuck you too hard or something?
>>
>>93119096
There's usually a bitch fit before moving on after they see the futility of complaining.
>>
>>93118657
It wouldn't if they attributed it properly. "Original art by Stewart, edited by wheover the fuck"
>>
>>93119430
>What? How is raising money for CHARITY not different than for personal profit?
Because he's still building a customer base. He's piggybacking onto a tragedy and using it to pull in customers. People like yourself who think he's a good and genuine guy trying to help out will stick around and continue to support him. Making a tribute picture is cool, selling it, even if the proceeds are for charity, is not.
>>
>>93119492
I think it was the shooting happened at the premiere of a Batman movie?
>>
>>93119492
12 people murdered, 50 injured, when a shooter shot up a showing of Dark Knight Rises. I guess it's a good thing someone drew a cartoon about it, or you'd have never known it even happened, anon. Despite it being covered by every news outlet in the nation, and talked about quite a bit online. It happened in 2012 though... so how old are you?
>>
>>93119355
Lets see, it should be posted on top of
>9/11
>the hindenburg
>the titanic
>princess diana's death
>hiroshima
>a dropped ice cream cone
>old yeller's death
>JFK's assassination

Any other ideas?
>>
>>93119552
Why didn't you show up when DC made that book about the mass shooting in that gay bar?
>>
>>93119514
Are you literally too autistic to pick up on sarcasm that obvious?
>>
>>93118203
>tfw I will never be as autistic as that guy
>>
>>93119579
>trying to force a meme
>too lazy to do the photoshopping himself
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
File: 1490456675397.jpg (128KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
1490456675397.jpg
128KB, 480x330px
>>93119492
Are you underage?
>>
>>93119628
>stop having fun!
>>
>>93119430
See >>93118734
>>
>>93119628
I'm worried mods will delete the thread before I post images. Also I think it's a funny idea but I only have ms paint and I'm especially shit at making images.
>>
>>93119579
Andrew Blaze
>>
>>93119657
If all he cares about is the free advertising, why is he bothered by what event mourning batman is used for? Why wouldn't he LOVE seeing it used for Adam West's death as well?

You're trying to emphasis a point that just rings as untrue to me. You might believe it, but just repeating it at me doesn't change anything.
>>
>>93119579
Celebrity deaths. All of them.
>>
>"I condemn this turn of events in every sense of the word"
Is he a complete retard or does he just not know what it means?
My money is on both.
>>
>>93119706
Well, if you think it's funny and even you don't think it's worth doing, why should anyone else do the work for you? I think only a handful of people in the thread would even consider saving the images, it's not like everyone actually cares about moppy Batman.
>>
>>93118657
Acting like it's Ben Garrison-tier edits. This place is way too infected by tumblr. Fact is, some kid wanted to use a sad pic of Batman to mourn someone related to Batman. People do this kind of stuff all the time, so the original artist needs to grow up and accept that his art will be used for different reasons. He should be glad that it's used positively, instead of Buckley edits.
>>
>>93119754
Guy, if you don't like the idea, you don't have to participate. We're just having a little giggle.
>>
>>93119723
Yeah, personally this just screams of egotism to me.
>>
>>93119723
Why is he bothered by what event mourning batman is used for at all in the first place? he created a tribute piece and put it out there for the world to see, now it's being used in tribute for an event relevant to the contents of the picture. As for the free advertising; by complaining he's making sure his name is out there right along side Adam West.

It might not ring true for you, but it certainly does for me.
>>
>>93119803
he didnt get to make a wallpaper to sell for 1 euro each mourning adam west , this type of edits cut into his profit.
>>
>>93119803
He's the worst kind of jew: the one that steals from other jews.
>>
>>93118203
putting cutesy baby characters on serious shit like this is embarrassing as it is, he should shut the fuck up
>>
>>93119823
>cut into his profit.
You mean the charity money. The money he donates to charity, right?

>>93119803
Why are you asking me? I can ASSUME it's because he considered the violent murder of 12 people different than Adam West dying of natural causes at 88 YEARS OLD. I think most people would consider that different. And a cynic might say he's mad because he was going to draw a tribute picture for Adam West and sell it, but I haven't seen anyone suggest he cares about celebrity deaths at all. If it's anything besides that, as him yourself. It could be as simple as hating edits of his work at all (understandable, even if there is nothing he can ever do to stop that), or any number of reasons. I have the feeling he's tell you if asked, though.
>>
>>93119917
Fuck off Yale.
>>
>>93119151
>When a musician sings a song in tribute for people who died, no one thinks it's odd at all. So why should an artist using their skill to do the same thing be looked at differently? It's an odd double standard.
It ain't a double standard, people can read insincerity pretty well. Musicians at least have to make the lyrics normally on their own, play benefit concerts, do the music live, make all proceeds go to the cause. This just looks like virtue signaling to make a quick buck.

>Also, I see a lot of "not his characters" but, regardless, it IS his art. So what about artists who draw sketches at cons? Should they not be allowed to draw Wolverine or Superman?
As an artist myself, his work is cheap. If he really gave a shit, and had an ounce of creative ability, he would do more than draw a lazy little chibi version of a dc hero crying. That's deviant art tier shit. On the flipside, if he was trying to make money for these tragedies, he'd be doing larger art shows to raise money for it, especially if he was a big name.

Why would he even be mad at quick edits? Just say "while I support the edits, that was not me, I intended it to be made for an unrelated awareness campaign." and be done with it.
>>
>>93118203
I had a friend who's fnaf fanart was not only stolen by Matpat, but edited and not sourced.
He was mostly baffled at first, once that passed it didn't really surprise him that such a hack would do something like that.
>>
>>93118203
Can someone post the edit?
>>
>>93119943
>Why would he even be mad at quick edits? Just say "while I support the edits, that was not me, I intended it to be made for an unrelated awareness campaign." and be done with it.
I don't know, maybe he's autistic like OP. Maybe they're more alike then they'll ever know.
>>
>>93119077
The most objectively correct post in this thread. No wonder the YIDF haven't replies to it.
>>
File: 1434506703088.jpg (158KB, 750x252px) Image search: [Google]
1434506703088.jpg
158KB, 750x252px
>>93119432
>>93119332
>>93119470
>not posting the real one
>>
>>93119964
>but edited and not sourced.
Please tell me Matpat edited a dick out of the picture.

Your friend should have gotten some of that youtube money though. Especially if the video was back when kids cared about FNAF.
>>
>>93119803
Using the same art for one specific tragic event and then using it for every event completely trivalizes the original purpose for the event. It also calls it into attention by other people. IE is this hack copying and pasting for this tragedy. I can see why he'd make a statement like this.
>>
>>93119917
if he doesnt get to make them, he doesnt get the clicks and his name associated to the picture. It directly cuts into his profits.
His profits arent the money he then gives away, his profit are the attention he gets that atracts more people to join his patreon, if you grab his pics, remove his name and make mourning images for stuff that he didnt do he isnt getting those retweets that would guarantee new people to know his stuff and join his patreon.

Any way you cut it, it goes into his profits.
>>
>>93119964
If you can prove this, and raise awareness he will never work in the industry again.

I'm dead serious, the art half of the community take s legit ip theft very seriously.
>>
People tell you that you should pick your battles.

Yale Stewart has no fucking clue how to pick his battles.
>>
>>93120037
>completely trivalizes the original purpose for the event
Why though? It's not as though a small edit has retroactively unmade his original tribute.
>>
>>93119943
>Why would he even be mad at quick edits? Just say "while I support the edits, that was not me, I intended it to be made for an unrelated awareness campaign." and be done with it.

Because his name is his job, he needs it to be out there with those things in order to guarantee his viewership and audience is engaged.
>>
File: u r dum.jpg (36KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
u r dum.jpg
36KB, 1024x512px
>>93118490
>Ulises
Kindly stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>93120047
Artist work for money, retard. "EXPOSURE BUCKS" don't put food on the table. Are you too fucking stupid to realize that? You're angry that a guy might get noticed for his work.
The concept that EXPOSURE is the same as money is something a child would think of. Grow up.
>>
>>93120114
You have no concept of modern business models grandpa.
>>
>>93119432
>mistakes_into_miracles.jpg
>>
>>93120037
>Using the same art for one specific tragic event and then using it for every event completely trivalizes the original purpose
So? He's sporting a pretty big ego if he thinks that picture was actually anything important even if, for the sake of argument, he is legitimately deeply mournful about the Colorado shooting.
>>
>>93120069
It's just tacky. You don't copy memorials that's just showing that you don't think the original tragedy matters.
>>
>>93120078
That's not a valid reason. His art is distinct enough that people who see it would be able to find it with a quick search.

Many artists would kill to get similar exposure. The fucking laughing pear image that was used for the "lol wut" image despite not having her name on it, made her a ton of money because it was distinct and creative. People were easily able to trace it back to source and figure out who it was.

This is not the same thing as legitimate art theft and plagiarism .
>>
>>93120069
But, it can. It might not in this case (I wasn't even aware of the original pic until this thread, though I knew about the shooting itself), but I know I remember certain edits better than the original. Fuck, I have a much clearer memory of Civil War edits than I do of the actual comic event. And I feel those were created purposefully to wash away how trash the original work was. So yes, the original can be overridden by edits.
>>
File: mourning bat.png (602KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
mourning bat.png
602KB, 734x552px
>>93119355
>>93119460
>>
>>93120165
And a chibi batman holding a bunch of roses isn't already tacky to begin with?
>>
File: 147513 22.03.jpg (45KB, 1037x380px) Image search: [Google]
147513 22.03.jpg
45KB, 1037x380px
>>93120114
EXPOSURE is something yale is good at
>>
>>93120214
It doesn't really matter, it's tackier to say "Oh, Adam West died after a long, wonderful life. I'll use this image that was made for the mass murder in Colorado". I don't see why the person who did the edit even did it. I mean... draw something yourself, right? It's not that hard, is it?
>>
>>93120114
only a fool would ignore the potential of atracting small donations by exposure of your art through tragedies
300 persons giving you 1 buck each a month for 12 months is more money than 1000 dudes paying 1 buck each for a homage picture once.

If he gets to evangelize those one time wallpaper buyers with his song and dance they become cash cows in perpetuity.
>>
>>93120080

He was referencing Ulises Farina, the guy who blew up over the GL thing someone posted.
>>
>>93120262
>I don't see why the person who did the edit even did it.

Because they were sitting at their computer and saw on their feed that adam west died and then did a google search for 'sad batman' and posted the first image to catch their eye?
>>
>>93120298
So they saw Adam West died and wanted to LOOK like they gave a damn, but were too lazy to draw something themselves or say anything meaningful? That's pathetic.
>>
File: Sad Batmen.png (693KB, 728x550px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Batmen.png
693KB, 728x550px
>>93120209
>>
>>93120330
Dude, it's probably just an average joe at their computer not another artist too lazy to do their own work. Not everyone on the internet has mad art skills waiting to be utilized.
>>
>>93120330
Or more likely they don't have any artistic ability, but know how to cut things in ms paint.

Some people actually give a shit, and don't feign interest to cash in on a tragedy.
>>
File: mooty.png (628KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
mooty.png
628KB, 734x552px
>>
>>93120370
>Not everyone on the internet has mad art skills waiting to be utilized.
So? They're not impossible to obtain. I see a lot of people in this thread basically saying artist should shut the fuck up if anyone uses their art, but why? If we all agree that art IS HARD, then why should people who don't put in the work be given a pass when they co op other people's work for their own agendas (in this case, probably some "average joe" who wanted twitter or facebook likes). How exactly is it different than another artist tracing someone's work? It's actually lazier than that.
>>
>>93118203
Can you make one of Batman taking shit on Bob Kane's tomb?
>>
His language is too strong, but he's completely in line for complaining that people are disrespecting his solemn memorial for the sake of their nostalgia over some old celebrity.

It'd be like building a shrine to Leonard Nemoy inside a 9-11 memorial. Nothing is sacred to you hedonistic Millennials.
>>
>>93118203
well he did wave his dick on the internet for us to look and laugh at
>>
>>93120493
>still crying about 9-11
Those fuckers deserved it.
>>
File: never forget space bat.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
never forget space bat.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>93120365
>>
>>93120469
I think you underestimate how lazy these edits are going to be.
>>
>>93120493
We're talking about a chibi batman doodle here, anon, let's keep things in perspective.
>>
File: batman2.png (628KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
batman2.png
628KB, 734x552px
>>93120209
>>
>>93120493
>Implying Americans didn't deserve 911.
>>
>>93120561
Which begs the question: Why didn't someone just doodle their own sad batman if it's so easy?
>>
>>93120583
I didn't say it was easy. You're just determined to put words in everyone's mouth and keep this discussion going in circles aren't you.
>>
>>93120583
Who said it was easy? Not everybody can draw. Doesn't mean its much of a big deal. If it were I'd have a job right now.
>>
>>93120449
oh fuck off, I'm a professional artist, you can't fucking expect somebody to learn how to art for a single sad thing.

That's something you dedicate your life to as a hobby or a profession. This is completely different than stealing another artists work. That in itself involves normally redrawing the whole thing in your own style and selling it as your own. These people aren't pretending to be the artist who drew it, they are using art to express something they themselves cannot, same with the people liking the piece on facebook or instagram. If people want to pay the artist for a similar piece they can search the image themselves and find it easily.
>>
No one should seriously expect 4chan to take a stance against editing artwork
That's basically the one thing these communities are built on
>>
>>93120619
>Not everybody can draw.
So?
>>93120624
Prove it. Draw Batman right now, timestamp picture and all. You started with your claim, so I don't need to read your post until you show proof.
>>
>>93118362
Go away Ulysses.
>>
>>93120276
I'm not sorry to say I had no knowledge of this Farinas character. Just glad that it was not a failed attempt to refer to Joyce by way of a misspelled title.
>>
>>93120648
What exactly is the point you're trying to make?
>>
>>93120648
My god you're a massive faggot.
>>
>>93120493
It's completely different you clown.

He's complaining people are using his wholly nondescript image for a purpose that actually makes more sense than what he used it for. It doesn't hurt his "cause" in any way, and generates exposure for him.
>>
>>93118397
Did he do it? Care to share with the rest of the class?
>>
>>93120523
>>93120566
>>93120365
>>93120419
Thanks, anons.
>>
>>93120646
It is, but we don't have to justify it at all. I mean, we know the artist isn't happen when we edit things, so why should we get upset when they voice their displeasure? OP comes off as too thinskinned to be on a chan. I mean, we don't have to make an excuse for anything we do. Some of our edits are jerk moves and disrespectful. So what? We accept that, and sometimes it's intentional, sometimes not. But it is what we do, and nothing will stop us. But that doesn't mean people don't have the right to be bothered by it.
>>
>>93120419
Who is the fuck is that guy?
>>
>>93118362
Scott Kurtz was right.
>>
>>93120683
See, this is pathetic. Why should he share a pic he paid for with all of us for free?
>>
>>93118203
>Please stop using my artwork of these character I do not own by profit from
>>
>>93120648
>wasting my time drawing for some huge faggot on /co/ trying to prove a point
kek
kill yourself faggot.
You wanna see my art check the draw threads and request threads.

I just finished telling you how art is pretty distinct. Last thing I need is being tied to this train wreck, or you.
>>
>>93120733
What the fuck else is he gonna do with it?
>>
File: YSD.jpg (283KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
YSD.jpg
283KB, 734x552px
>>
File: hiroshi harada.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hiroshi harada.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>93118203
>Adam isn't even cold in the ground and here we are throwing a tantrum over this bitch.
>>
>>93120646
The same people arguing today against remixing are the same that tomorrow will be making fun of tumblr and cultural appropriation.
>>
>>93120766
Masturbate to it in private of course.
>>
>>93120030
Nah. Some animated pixel art gif he cropped and removed the text from. It wasn't even for a video, he used it for something in his twitter.

>>93120055
This was almost half a year ago, and while it was pretty easily proven, my friend didn't want to make a stink out of it. The general consensus was that Matpat was too much of a joke to bother with anyway. Interestingly this wasn't the first time I knew someone that this happened to. There was some shithead YouTuber back around 2014/15 who used a bunch of uncredited art in his fnaf theory videos that eventually received so much bad press for it he had to make a public apology.
>>
>>93118356
This right here.
>>
File: PG gets it.png (575KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
PG gets it.png
575KB, 734x552px
>>
File: batman not hard to draw.jpg (254KB, 908x1210px) Image search: [Google]
batman not hard to draw.jpg
254KB, 908x1210px
>>93120749
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you were full of shit.
>>
>>93120493
Leonard Nemoy has nothing to do with 9/11. Batman, if anything, has more of a connection to Adam West than a mass shooting. When people think of Adam West they think "oh, Batman!" When people think of Aurora, I'd hope the last thing they think about is "oh, Batman!" You want the symbol of solidarity for a horrible act of violence to be a little baby man wearing blue underpants. How the fuck is that sacred?
>>
>>93120733
The MLaaTR threads has a guy that reposts the commission he paid for, every single thread. Unfortunately he has one of the worlds most boring fetishes.
>>
>>93120942
I like that style.
>>
>>93120956
>Unfortunately he has one of the worlds most boring fetishes.
Damn... but now I gotta know what it is.
>>
>>93120942
I like this.
>>
>>93120583
what the fuck is this retard trying to argue? That Yale should be screaming at the fucks that cant draw because he can draw?
>>
File: rape yale jl8.png (76KB, 1901x498px) Image search: [Google]
rape yale jl8.png
76KB, 1901x498px
>>93118630
It's a mix of hot opinions and tumblrinas hating Yale because of pic related.
>>
>>93118397
Dude, you just can't say that and hold out on us.
>>
>>93118203
sounds like they take issue with how it cheapens the act if you lazily repurpose it for something else
like getting a box of chocolates from your crush, but then you give it to your friend instead
sounds fair
>>
File: BatLoss.png (757KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
BatLoss.png
757KB, 734x552px
>>
>>93121019
Then he's way too up in himself for believing his drawing was something important.
>>
>>93121050
it's not about importance, it's about repurposing
reread senpai
>>
>>93120998
Are you seriously telling me a lot of this hate is drummed up by KATE LETH??? Who the fuck, especially HERE, would get on a bandwagon she's driving? I mean, that is the woman who wrote Patsy Walker, right?
>>
>>93121019
But the original still exists.
This is more like getting a box of chocolates from your crush and then getting a similar box and giving it to your friend.
>>
>>93120974
I can't find it in the archive and I doubt it's on the booru, but it's by brokenlynx. Jenny is sitting down, wearing the exo suit and the nsfw version has a cock resting on her shoulder.
>>
>>93121096
No, isn't it more like someone else got someone they care about a box of chocolates, and you decided to get someone you didn't really care about (but wanted to look like you did) the same basic box of chocolates, because you couldn't be bothered to think of anything meaningful or personal?

An edit of an unrelated picture is a shit tribute to Adam West, don't you agree?
>>
>>93121068
I understood fine kohai. His drawing was a cheap thing in the first place and if he feels its cheapened by being used to honor the life of a beloved public figure then his head is too far up his self important ass.
>>
>>93121096
But he made the picture with a specific purpose and meaning, and having that picture morphed to fit another meaning cheapens the original.
He should have posted his own Adam West memorial picture with the post, but he's fully within his rights to say this.
>>
>>93121092
This and that are two entirely different issues.
>>
>>93121140
>unrelated
Its batman.
>>
>>93121092
>Who the fuck, especially HERE, would get on a bandwagon she's drivin
As already stated, tumblrinas. Did you think they wouldn't push their agendas on the big bad anonymous 4chan?
>>
File: satoru-iwata-tribute-by-namie.png (163KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
satoru-iwata-tribute-by-namie.png
163KB, 550x420px
>>93121096
>>93121140
To illustrate my point even better, let's look at this tribute to Iwata, made after he passed away. Notice something about it? You probably noticed that it's NOT an edit of a picture that was made for another purpose, with Iwata's face photoshopped onto it.

That's because this person cared enough to make a tribute to Iwata, instead of just take a random pic and edit it.
>>
>>93118634
He didn't come up woth Batman, though.

Neither did Bob Kane, bur you get my point
>>
>>93120942
What a vindictive little faggot you are. Art is like a fingerprint, if I were to draw something like that, it could be easily tied back to me, I don't want that kinda press.

That also doesn't prove your point retard, not everybody can draw. Not everybody has the capability. They're not even ripping off his work, if you actually knew what plagiarism like teat entailed you wouldn't be acting like a huge faggot on /co/.
>>
>>93121183
Do I have to suck his cock cause Kate Leth dislikes him? I don't give a fuck about dick pics he sent or whatever but in this specific situation he just seems like a bit of a douche.
>>
>>93121140
>An edit of an unrelated picture is a shit tribute to Adam West, don't you agree?
Yeah, but a fanart of a mourning chibi Batman is an even worse tribute to the 2012 Aurora shooting.
>>
>>93121206
>Art is like a fingerprint, if I were to draw something like that, it could be easily tied back to me, I don't want that kinda press.
Oh, so you're also a pussy. Gosh, I'm glad you state the obvious so quick in your posts, so I don't have to read the whole thing.

p.s. You're not as well known as you believe you are.
>>
>>93121194
And? I'm sure there are dozens of other pictures of Iwata that simply are fan photoshops. Why is that a problem?
>>
>>93121096
pretty much what >>93121140 said. I get both sides though and don't think this is even worth a thread. differing people gonna differ

>>93121147
don't think they look at this and think "damn, now my art looks crappy" but rather "damn, someone used my art to make something crappy"
an original picture would've been more sincere-looking senpai
>>
>>93120942
heh
>>
File: RIP Superman.png (729KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Superman.png
729KB, 734x552px
>>
>>93118203
>steal other people's characters to make your own comic strip
>complain when people steal the stuff you stole
>>
>>93118203
What a fucking idiot, the picture is not being used in bad taste, no one is making money off him, what real concern could he possibly have that a picture that was created to mourn is being used to mourn?
This is a pure example of being a dumb cunt just because you can, there is absolutely no way he could have possibly thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>93121206
>Art is like a fingerprint
Only if you're an unskilled hack that can't alter your style for the occasion.
>>
File: 12321233234.png (619KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
12321233234.png
619KB, 734x552px
>>93120942
>>
>>93121194
You are not the gatekeeper on what is and isn't meaningful tribute
If someone can't do art and instead just wants to paste RIP onto the guy's face then that's just as perfectly valid as original pieces of art
What matters in every scenario is the message and intent, and you shouldn't criticize people for wanting to pay tribute to someone to the best of their ability
>>
>>93121217
Arguably, but two wrongs don't make a right. I think a picture of Adam West himself would be a more fitting tribute, in or out of costume. Especially if, as I assume, it was just a quick edit with no text.

>>93121245
>I'm sure there are dozens of other pictures of Iwata that simply are fan photoshops.
You being sure isn't the same as proof though, so you're point doesn't really stand.
>>
>>93121296
Damn, now I wish I had cropped it better.
>>
>>93121278
read the thread

>>93121300
an edit is not the only way to honor someone.
>>
>>93118203
I'm sure this won't backfire in any way at all to him
Nope, the Streisand effect doesn't exist
>>
>>93121194
It is if you have no ability of your own to do so, it's not at all like a box of chocolates and a person you actually knew. Your disdain for people with less artistic ability than yourself is pretty disgusting honestly.
>>93121217
This is the point here. A lazily drawn piece of shit made to cash in is a much worse thing to do. What the fuck does a fucking chibi superhero have to do with a shooting? Not a god dmaned thing. There's much better ways as an artist to show your respect for such a thing.
>>
>>93121334
>an edit is not the only way to honor someone.
Neither is original pieces of art
In fact, your words imply that it IS a way to honor someone, so why call people out for doing it?
>>
>>93121295
You're a retard if you think that.
>>
>>93120493
Wow you are fucking stupid, is that you Stewart?
>>
>>93121211
I believe that's optional. Personally I don't give a flying fuck about creators, beyond the stuff they make.
Heck, if I ever get around to reading Mein Kampf I'm going to form my own opinion about it, instead of pretending it's a shitty book simply because Hitler wrote it.
>>
>>93121355
yes, there are many ways to honor someone. at least one of them you can do. which is why you don't need to upset an artist with different veiws on how their work should be treated
>>
>>93121334
>read the thread
I did and you're a faggot. It's worse than handing somebody a picture of a clown with a sorry for your loss.
>>
>>93118736
>steal his characters
>I literally don't know what work for hire is
>>
>>93121302
>You being sure isn't the same as proof though, so you're point doesn't really stand.
My point is that it doesn't fucking matter. I'm wondering why the avenue of a person's chosen method of expressing themselves is even being brought up.
>>
>>93121300
I notice you aren't saying that to those who specifically say the original artist was insincere in his work paying tribute to those lost in the Colorado shooting.

>>93121344
>It is if you have no ability of your own to do so,
THEN JUST WRITE SOMETHING. Holy shit, why does everyone think "an edit is a lazy tribute" means you have to draw a picture? Most people just posted pictures of Adam West and a few words about what he meant to them. "He was my first Batman" or "He's always been a great entertainer, I'll miss him". Not everyone can draw, but we can all write, correct?
>>
>>93121409
>It's worse than handing somebody a picture of a clown with a sorry for your loss.
we might be in the same page faggot
>>
>>93121398
Except when that artist shits on people honoring something that makes more sense with an altered version of their work. Stop being a pretentious faggot, take your head out of your ass and Yale's cock out of your mouth.
>>
>>93121398
>which is why you don't need to upset an artist with different veiws on how their work should be treated
Boo fucking hoo. If they don't want people to have their hands on their work then they can fucking hoard it in the basement never seeing the light of day.
>>
>>93121419
>I notice you aren't saying that to those who specifically say the original artist was insincere in his work paying tribute to those lost in the Colorado shooting.
Come off it, I'm not gonna mass reply to the entire fucking thread
>>93121398
I would understand if his art was being appropriated to mourn fucking Hitler, but he is upset that BATMAN FANS are editing pics of BATMAN to mourn BATMAN
It's completely ridiculous
>>
>>93121450
Why is Batman even sad about it though? I mean, we'll miss Adam West, but he got to 88! I'm not going to live to be 88! Adam West probably nailed more bitches than either of us will ever even KNOW!
>>
>>93121246
>don't think they look at this and think "damn, now my art looks crappy" but rather "damn, someone used my art to make something crappy"
His work was unaffected so he has nothing to get pissy about
>an original picture would've been more sincere-looking senpai
A 50ft marble statue of Adam West would have looked the most sincere of all.
>>
>>93121435
>ABLOO BLOO BLOO
>SOMEBODY MADE A GOOD POINT!
>BETTER SAY SOMETHING STUPID TO SAVE FACE ANONYMOUSLY!
Have you considered knocking back a few shots of bleach?
>>
File: Batmourner.png (614KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
Batmourner.png
614KB, 734x552px
>>
>>93121226
Nah, just got better things to do with my time than waste energy on a faggot like you.

You actually drew a picture to spite me, and still didn't manage to prove your autistic point. Bravo!

I'm honored a worthless hack spent time to honor me with a batman sketch!
>>
>>93121334
I did read a good bit of the thread, it has nothing to do with Steward being a dumb, ridiculous fuck, nor is it dependent on it.
A picture of Batman with roses after a tragedy to show mourning, is being used to show mourning by people online over the death of the original Batman actor.
He "condemns" that act and the "turn of events" because it is not tailor made for the exact reason he intended to even though it fits just fine and is not disrespectful to him, Adam West or anyone for that matter.
The guy is a complete fucking idiot that has no sense of what is an appropriate criticism, the scale of it and how nothing good will come from this but bad PR.
He has lost nothing, nothing productive can come from telling people that they are not mourning correctly, the only thing here that seems to be harmed is his fucking vanity and wanting control.
Fucking idiot.
>>
File: Old_guitarist_chicago.jpg (329KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Old_guitarist_chicago.jpg
329KB, 1200x1800px
>>93119311
Counterpoint: some of the most beautiful art from famous artists was exactly that.
>>
File: adam.jpg (297KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
297KB, 624x624px
here's my tribute
>>
File: OP.png (662KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
662KB, 734x552px
>>
>>93121570
>Falling for the Picasso meme
>>
>>93121546
It's probably better you don't reveal yourself, because you come off like a colossal faggot.

Oh well, have a good career at Starbucks.
>>
>>93118203
He's always been useless. Ripping off popular characters without permission and thinking he's making sophisticated artistry.
>>
File: 1497126552622b.jpg (257KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497126552622b.jpg
257KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>93121495
>that reading comprehension
anon there's stupid, next level stupid, and then there's you
>>
I think a better/softer thing that Stewart could have said to get his idea across is something along the lines of:
>I understand that you are grieving. However, my artwork was made with the intention of honoring the victims of Aurora, CO. It was not meant to be used for other purposes, reasonable or otherwise. I feel that the best means of honoring a person's legacy is to create your own expression of your empathy and grief, rather than utilizing somebody else's.

Or something like that.
>>
>>93121450
>>93121456
>>93121481
>>93121493
>being this mad
>HE HAS NO RIGHT TO BE UPSET, PEOPLE CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT
>REEEEEE
then you don't have a right to be upset at his being upset.
>>
>>93121732
Yeah, basically. I got the feeling OP just didn't like his tone.
>>
>>93118203

Death of the autor, bitch
>>
>this entire thread
would you babies feel better if he then went on make his own tribute?

>>93121732
that is a perfect way to put it. still knew what he meant though.
>>
>>93121732
It still amazes me just how tone-deaf and unprofessional some artists and other people in the creative industries act. I'm just a humble drawfag but I mean this is basic stuff - Give people the benefit of the doubt and stay calm and polite even if other people try to escalate things, don't let things get to you and certainly don't throw fucking tantrums and act like a little bitch. Nobody is going to react well to that, not even your fans. Because they'll think you're being a whiny bitch as well and will probably lose respect for you.
>>
>>93119492
The exit is to your left.
>>
>>93121557
he's in the right, but he should've worded it like >>93121732. even then, it's not a big deal to have an opinion
spergs here are acting like he ran over a baby
>>
File: 1280px-Los_horrores_de_la_guerra.jpg (173KB, 1280x767px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Los_horrores_de_la_guerra.jpg
173KB, 1280x767px
>>93121652
How about a Peter Paul Rubens?

Inspired by the horrors of the Thirty Years’ War.
>>
>>93121755
>>being this mad
He says, while throwing a tantrum
>>
>>93121908
>y-you're mad too! I just know it!
ok buddy

>>93121903
not to mention all those Jesus artworks, like "the morning of christ"
>>
File: The Author.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
The Author.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>93121798
RIP
>>
File: 5dfea64be7116c2191bfa8cfc7f26e72.jpg (140KB, 1046x1651px) Image search: [Google]
5dfea64be7116c2191bfa8cfc7f26e72.jpg
140KB, 1046x1651px
>>93121903
Käthe Kollwitz's War.
A pregnant German widow dies due to poor living conditions during the first World War.
>>
>>93118203
What a bitch.
>>
>>93122046
I love you
>>
>>93121755
Good comeback. Well reasoned.
>>
>>93118203
>I condemn this turn of events in every sense of the word
sounds like a dipshit

Its like being mad at people who say "rest in peace" to people who've died of natural causes.
>hurrrr they dont deserve RIP theyve died peacefully and normally RIP is only for people who got taken away from us reeeeeeeeee

Like seriously, what the fuck does he mean by that last sentence anyway
>>
>>93122046
10/10
>>
>>93121893
>he's in the right
eh~ He could have sounded more reasonable about it but after he releases his work he also relinquishes some degree of control of it. He can not like it but that's the way it is and should be.
>>
I'd be mad too. Look how horrific that jpg is.
>>
>>93122165
>He can not like it but that's the way it is and should be
that's it senpai that's exactly it
what this thread doesn't understand is the first part though
>he can not like it
>>
>>93119311
The cynic in me says because that's a prime time to get attention.

Same with the waves of fanart BEFORE a movie or something comes out. Tons of people will be googling the thing or person. Lots of eyes.

I have made "mourning art", but it's usually far more personal than a copywritten character looking sad.
>>
>>93122165
>>93122242
I agree with you guys. He can't do anything about it, but he can be upset and voice his opinion. I think some people just don't like his tone and I have to ask: are people here that fucking sensitive?

>>93122269
>Same with the waves of fanart BEFORE a movie or something comes out. Tons of people will be googling the thing or person. Lots of eyes.
But artists get hyped for things, too. That's why they draw when a movie is coming out, because they're excited.
>>
>>93122269
>The cynic in me says because that's a prime time to get attention.
no senpai that's kinda the point of art-to express. there's been mourning peices sonce the dawn of man
artists gonna art. writers gonna write. chatty people gonna chat. and so on
>>
>>93122308
>are people here that fucking sensitive?
welcome to /co/
>>
>>93122308
He comes off like he's the absolute authority on what can and can't be done with art and telling 4chan they can't do something is usually a bad idea
>>
>>93122308
>>93122242
>wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

His tone might have riled people up a bit more than necessary but just as much as he's allowed to hold his opinions everyone here is allowed to voice their dissent on the matter. It's not as though we're starting a smear campaign here (I hope).
>>
>>93122449
Was the edit even from 4chan? It's not a personal insult, and even if it was, who cares? Anyone who gets upset about this might not be thickskinned enough to even post.
>>
>>93118880
Poor baby.
>>
>>93121035
This one wins
>>
>>93122308
>But artists get hyped for things, too. That's why they draw when a movie is coming out, because they're excited.

Please, son. I am an artist. I understand that people get excited for something at times, but there is very much a feel or trying to get it out earliest. The early bird gets the follow. If you can get yourself out there as a figure in the fandom you can get people that follow you for years and become the style other people try to mimic for art of the property. Why do you think art quirks like tumblr nose get spread?

Even among the non artists there's people that try to stake a claim in the ship wars before they know anything about the characters involved. People that snatch up character URLs.

We're all whores out here.
>>
>>93123679
>projecting
not every time senpai, I am am artist too and of the 100 reasons I have to draw something, attention is one of the last. I mean yeah we want to be noticed, but for the things we actually enjoyed doing
>>
>>93123761
Just wait, my son.
>>
>>93118267
To be fair though since he doesn't actually own the property can't people pretty much do whatever they like with his work and he has no legal recourse?
>>
>>93120942
I like that actually
>>
>>93120493
>Unironically comparing a Batman drawing with 9/11
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>93120998
oh man this sucks, fuck Leth. How hasn't any of the shit she did ever catch on and even take a hit on her rep? You'd think committing adultery would have gotten people to dislike her outside /co/ but it barely even made a dent
>>
>>93125806
Because she's a woman. Honestly, someone needs to assassinate these types of people.
>>
>>93118362
>green lantern corps are galactic police force
>ferguson
I guess Green Lives Matter
>>
File: batmanloss.jpg (299KB, 618x790px) Image search: [Google]
batmanloss.jpg
299KB, 618x790px
>>93121035
>>
>>93126004
And the cycle continues! Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous of your skill.
>>
File: sadman.png (516KB, 734x552px) Image search: [Google]
sadman.png
516KB, 734x552px
>>93120209
Now transparent.
>>
File: 244.jpg (542KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
244.jpg
542KB, 1280x856px
>287 posts about Stewart's gay ramblings
>no one talking about how my boy Bruce is going to crush some power lolipuss
>>
>>93118203
>People are repurposing my art of copywrited characters I don't own
>Waaah waaah waaah
>>
File: 1488089745477.jpg (81KB, 650x677px) Image search: [Google]
1488089745477.jpg
81KB, 650x677px
>>93118203
tsk tsk when will they learn?
>>
"And honestly, I don't want people thinking I repurposed that art myself. "Oh, I've got this lying around. Let me photoshop it real quick."

I think that was a better response to it as he's been attacked twice already online, one of which was based on his tribute art.
>>
>>93127162
>Let's spend who knows how many strips on the romances of 8 year olds.

Remember when this comic was about cute comic references
>>
>>93120733
See >>93121000
You can't just dangle that shit in front of us and not deliver. It's the same principle as timestamping
>>
File: 1426799305352.jpg (28KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1426799305352.jpg
28KB, 534x401px
>>93120998
>One of the few times someone has legitimate basis for a libel suit and they don't pursue it
How fucking stupid is this guy?
>>
>>93128190
>it is going to happen under my strict supervision so I can make sure it's done right
Buckley makes me laugh, but not for the reasons he might hope for.
>>
>>93120998
>proof shouldn't be needed to accuse someone of a crime

Im actually fairly certain that's the basis on how the entire legal system operates
>>
File: 1432593354156.jpg (234KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1432593354156.jpg
234KB, 1024x683px
>>93122046
>>
>>93122046

I GET IT!
>>
>>93122046
Took me a sec, that's pretty clever
>>
>>93118203
I agree that his art should be used for the purpose it was meant for. I couldn't tell you where Colorado is without a map
"Oh, that thing."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting
but we've got millions of people who want to honor the work of, and their love of, Adam West's career. Unless Yale wants to get off his complaining butt and draw a template pic for people to do that (and Junior League really has been consistently wonderful and outperforming DC's spotty attempts) Yale doesn't have much to complain about. Unless it's the tacky reuse of copy-pasting one memorial to mark the death of a single man. There are places out there where 12 dead and 70 injured is about the same level as a two-vehicle traffic fatality. Let's just admit that it's everyone's fault and try to do better in the future.
>>
He's a hypersensitive little bitch AND he can't draw for shit. He's fucking awful.
>>
File: 68352-Deluxe-Phineas-Mask-large.jpg (57KB, 655x806px) Image search: [Google]
68352-Deluxe-Phineas-Mask-large.jpg
57KB, 655x806px
>>93118203
>>Being this upset about a drawing with traced Roses in it.
>>
File: 20170610_232442.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_232442.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>93120942
not memeing here, i actually really like this

my take. art is hard and artists deserve more respect
>>
What a fucking idiot.

>>93122308
You're kind of an idiot yourself if you don't get why his "tone" was totally uncalled for. It's idiotic to get this upset that a piece of art was used to honor a person who just passed away, who was pivotal in helping that very character remain so powerful and relevant for decades, edited or not.

In other words: it's not that big a fucking deal. If he's that upset about it, that's a problem with him, not with the editors or the people now calling him out for being way too upset.
>>
>>93118880
and that seems really petty all things considered.
>>
File: facial_expressions1.png (139KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
facial_expressions1.png
139KB, 500x243px
>>93121362
Naw, you're the retard. It's pretty much a requirement for working in animation and comics to change your style based on what the director wants, or the requirements for your story (look up Richard Williams)

It's okay that you're wrong anon, that's what anonymous posting is for. Let's hope this is a lesson for you.
>>
>>93120998
I forgot what a stupid cunt Leth is. Although that doesn't excuse Yale acting like his creative genius is not to be tampered with.

Jesus, when these are the people MAKING our comics now, is it any wonder why the oldheads are so protective of their hobby?
>>
File: thepoint.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thepoint.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>93125371
>>
File: batman.png (15KB, 771x781px) Image search: [Google]
batman.png
15KB, 771x781px
>>93130371

I think I messed up somewhere
>>
>>93130371
Art is hard, but most artists are such tremendous faggots about it that they deserve most of the treatment they get.
>>
File: 1409809684583.jpg (28KB, 345x353px) Image search: [Google]
1409809684583.jpg
28KB, 345x353px
>>93120225
nigga wat
>>
>>93130935
Yeah bro, artists should not get mad when their work is stolen and reedited.
>>
>>93124028
no
of my top ten reasons to draw, that will never be more appealing than the others
>>
>>93121650
Wonderful.
>>
Oh please. You'll forget it in 5 days and go back to reading the comic (if you did, and not if you didn't), you sunshine warrior hypocrite fuckers. And he'll still have his integrity.
>>
>>93118267
>Ehh, stealing art is a legit complaint.
The whole internet/pop culture of the last 15 years is based off stealing art.
>>
>>93118203
That's the absolute dumbest response I've ever heard a creator have to people using their work. I mean that's seriously bafflingly tone deaf. A man is dead and this guy's priority is to call out people mourning him in a way that he disapproves of.
>>
File: Screenshot (691).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (691).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>93133652
>Wally went from this to being a nig nog in a rubber suit.
>>
>>93120710
about what, Baconators
>>
File: rip.png (14KB, 481x531px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
14KB, 481x531px
>>93121206
>not everybody can draw
Literally everybody can draw a recognizable Batman.
Not that I care about the general topic at hand but this is a shitty argument.
>>
>>93121684
it works
>>
>>93130668
It feels like one of those bad guy vs. bad guy events. Except without being cool.
>>
File: playing spiderman.jpg (266KB, 1280x437px) Image search: [Google]
playing spiderman.jpg
266KB, 1280x437px
Yale's a faggot but I still like JL8. Strange that cute and charming comic can come from such a douchebag.
>>
>>93134685
Everyone but me.
>>
>>93136428
I don't like the romance stuff. If it were all like this then it would be fine.
>>
>>93120942
Do a Work On Your Art one!
>>
>>93118203
What a baby
>>
>>93130974

>Works with girl.
>Tries to date girl
>Girl is not in to him.
>Send her dick pics.
>Almost gets arrested for it and fried from his job.
>Claims that he did nothing wrong.
>Still doesn't understand why people hate him.
>>
>>93139823
A simple "bump" had been sufficient.
There's really no reason to act like you didn't just wanted to necro the thread.
>>
>>93119656
Stop being lazy and fucking do it.
>>
>>93119792
I'm surprised you even did that. You want to ask someone to giggle for you too?
>>
>>93118203

>crying over an edit some random person did online
>>
>>93122308
You're the one who's upset that people don't agree with some webcomic artist's whining. Don't be such a baby.
>>
>>93121206
Is that why you produce nothing of value?
>>
>>93118203
He can go fuck himself.
>>
>>93119151
You lack sufficient cynism. Modern artists (or rather their management) see dollar signs in tragedy and will produce low quality and superficial tribute material to profit. They retain inflated "production costs" if profits are advertised as intended for charity. Charities themselves (at least most of them) retain the majority of donated income for "organizational costs". Often less than 10% is actually given to its intended cause. Even the "cause" is often dubious. And it's legally tax-free as well.
>>
>>93120330
I wish you could see the irony of your post.
>>
>>93143474
What's ironic about his post?
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.