[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one ultimately has the better body of work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 51

File: IMG_0432.jpg (171KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.jpg
171KB, 1024x778px
Which one ultimately has the better body of work?
>>
Disney.
>>
>>93112990
CN, tho TLA is Nickelodeons...
>>
CN overall. While Nick has a number of standouts (ATLA, Zim, HA!, Spongebob, etc.) it has far more mediocre to bad cartoons in its history bringing it down. While you can argue that the current state of CN isn't great, it has way more good to great cartoons to stand on overall.
>>
CN for the mere fact that they take way more risks (Good and bad) while Nickelodeon seems to always be chasing them until they hit on something and then they plant themselves on it way longer than they should.
>>
Nickelodeon = Quality
CN = Quantity
>>
>>93112990
CN

Nick lucks into good shows and then treats them poorly, CN finds good shows and generally treats them well
>>
>>93113903
>Nickelodeon = Quality

Youre... Youre objectively wrong
>>
File: 542349-542348-442639tylee.jpg.png (310KB, 639x438px) Image search: [Google]
542349-542348-442639tylee.jpg.png
310KB, 639x438px
>>93114022
>Spongebob
Considered one of the most iconic cartoons of all time.
>Rugrats, Fairly Oddparents
Also long lasting, iconic cartoons. FOP's first several animated movies in particular, and the first Rugrats movie were exceptional.
>Avatar: The Last Airbender
Another primetime Emmy winning cartoon.
>Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, Hey Arnold
Above average cartoons that are better than anything CN has ever fielded.

CN has always been the quantity channel. First it was tons of dusty old neigh-unwatchable Hanna-Barbara clones, then when they got their own animation rolling it was hit-miss-miss until they nearly fucked themselves with CN Real, and now all they have is 24/7 Screamball and TTG reruns.
>>
>>93114187
You're just forgetting how many shit shows Nickelodeon's pumped out over the years compared to CN. Yes Nick has a number of standouts but they pale in comparison compared to the ocean of failures. CN's had some misses here and there too but overall its quality far exceeds Nickelodeon's. Also, if you wanna bring live action into this with CN real, do I really have to remind you of how hard Nick shot itself in the foot with that in the late 2000's-early 2010's?
>>
>>93112990
Nickelodeon has the greater body of work, airs quite a bit of it too.

>>93113983
>CN finds good shows and generally treats them well
What parallel universe do you live in? CN hasn't treated it's old properties well for quite some time now, they barely even air their old cartoons even on Boomerang.

CN has treated the shows that made them great like trash. Nick isn't that great either but CN has become terrible.
>>
>>93114336
>You're just forgetting how many shit shows Nickelodeon's pumped out over the years compared to CN
Not nearly as much as CN. Even shows that are "mediocre" by Nickelodeon standards (Catdog, Rocket Power, MLAATR, Korra, or anything Hartman put out after Danny Phantom) are better than most rank-and-file CN cartoons.
>>
>>93114445
You're still leaving out the bottom of the barrel stuff that Nick aired, like The Brothers Flub and Butt Ugly Martians. CN never hit anywhere near that low until very recently. Also Catdog and Rocket Power were pretty fucking shitty man.
>>
>>93114487
>Catdog
>Shitty

Get out.
>>
>>93114383
CN gives there shows good runs and then let's them die Nick either cancels a show way too early or attempts to turn them into the new Simpsons
>>
>>93114187
You are making the mistake of equating iconic with quality. FOP has always been a mediocre cartoon.
>>
>>93114781
Fucking this. It has its moments, most famously Channel Chasers, but even at its peak it was very hit and miss.
>>
the first 3 seasons of Spongebob are the best cartoon to ever exist in our realm, but CN is better overall
>>
I will say that Nick and CN's best are about equal, but Nick's WORST and mediocre are the worse of the two. fucking Fanboy and ChumChum, The Brother's Flub, fucking what they did to Making Fiends and other stuff. Say what you will about Making Fiends if you love it or hate itm but what they did was just wrong.
>>
It's hard to say since they peaked during different decades.
>>
CN. Nickelodeon you'll occasionally get absolutely amazing things that surpass everyone else by a long shot, but usually you just get crap.
>>
File: Hehe.jpg (25KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
Hehe.jpg
25KB, 720x544px
>>93114781
Oh, it's that loser who always tries to downplay FOP's impact. Shouldn't you be in those EGS threads trying and failing to get a personal army to raid Hartman's twitter or something?
>>
>>93114988
fuck off, fopfag. everyone knows you're already the board's next shooter
>>
File: 1494124354081.png (216KB, 354x397px) Image search: [Google]
1494124354081.png
216KB, 354x397px
>>93114187
>icon cartoons that were only good for its first 2-3 seasons. Spongebob is only iconic because they sold out and squeezed out as much money as they could with it.
>Ed Edd'n Eddy not being the greatest cartoon with a consistent format and unique animation.
>>
>>93115035
Nice fandom war meme.
>>
>>93115060
The school seasons will never be good
>>
Why do these always forget Invader Zim for Nick?
>>
>>93115060
EEnE was just a run of the mill "everyone treats the main characters like shit" cartoon with just about every generic archetype you're bound to find in other cartoons from that era. It was above average, sure, especially compared to the pure mediocrity that is most of CN's lineup, but if you think its the greatest cartoon ever then you are the definition of a 90s babby millennial.
>>
did anyone actually like Puffy AmiYumi?
>>
>>93115139
Because it's forgettable. Still better than 2/3rd's of CN's lineup though.
>>
>>93114988
>downplay FOP's impact
my post didn't do any of that. don't know how can people equate POF with PPG and Dexters Lab. The writing and animation just aren't on the same level.
>>
>>93115151
then what would your opinion be on the greatest cartoon ever smart ass?
>>
>>93115229
Neither of those cartoons had great animation either, and the writing for all those shows is hit or miss. Dexter's Lab is mostly remembered for its Justice Friends segments, and those pale in comparison to Crimson Chin's universe.
>>
>>93115236
The Simpsons
>>
>>93115151
Man if you think that CN's lineup at the time that EEnE was airing was mediocre your taste is incredibly shit. Courage, Samurai Jack, KND, and Billy and Mandy were all running side by side with it.
>>
>>93115281
>mostly remembered for my ass.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (29KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
29KB, 1024x576px
>>93115305
>The Simpsons
>Didn't get good til about 4-5 seasons in
>Just got worse as time went on

kys.
>>
>>93115334
Only two out of those four are good. I'll let you decide for yourself which ones they are.
>>
>>93115060
>Ed Edd'n Eddy not being the greatest cartoon with a consistent format and unique animation.
Too bad CN never airs it. Seriously, they never air any of their old classics anymore, unless their Hanna-Barbera cartoons or Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's laboratory. At least Nick still shows their old classics regularly.

It's bullshit. Boomerang will air Nu-PPG and Teen Titans but you'll hardly ever see Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy or KND and they haven't aired Ed, Edd & Eddy in years.

Meanwhile Nick will have a night, every night to be exact, where they show their old shows and commercials/bumpers.
>>
File: 1389062672169.jpg (25KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1389062672169.jpg
25KB, 500x345px
>>93115356
You were obviously still in diapers when Simpsons was in its prime. Just... stop talking.
>>
>>93115366
It'd better be Courage and Samurai Jack, and if you don't think that KND and Billy and Mandy were at least good you still have shit taste.

>>93115368
This thread is about the overall body of work, not the current way channels are handling their schedules.
>>
>>93115391
>y-your opinion isn't true! s-shut up!!

Just end it, you know you have knives and rope somewhere in your house.
>>
>>93115368
Nick doesnt do that, wtf are you on?
>>
>>93115420
>>93115337
>>93115236
>>93115076
>>93115368
>>93115356
This thread does a lovely job spelling out the difference between Nickelodeon fans, who are typically older, and CN fans, who tend to be born too late to really remember the 90s or even early 00s. Nickelodeon fans are putting forth well structured opinionated posts, while CN fans just make short greentext posts, insults, or aged past prime /tv/ memes.
>>
>>93115525
If you actually brand yourself as a fan of a certain network rather than just enjoying what shows they put out for their own merits, you're retarded.
>>
>>93115525
>I know my cartoons better then you because I'm more mature.
>>
>>93115545
I'm a fan of both, but in such a thread, there is naturally only two sides to be on. Nobody likes a disgusting neutral.
>>
>>93115525
Oh yeah sure... everyone who supprots Nick in here are well structured.

I'm>>93115337

and I think both have super highs, but Nick's lows are lower overall.
>>
>>93115561
I'm a fan of both too, I just liked what CN had more of then Nick but both were great channels in their prime.
>>
>>93115561
If you actually care about whether or not people on an anonymous imageboard made by a weeb 14 years ago to discuss anime and video games with his friends like you, you're extra retarded.
>>
>>93115633
Funny, because that sentence reads like someone with brain damage wrote it.
>>
>>93115281
None of the shows we are talking about had "great" animation. They were all tv shows, not movies. With that said, you are outing yourself as being ignorant of animation if you can't see how McCracken and Tartakovsky worked within their limitations to constantly produce dynamic shots and sparingly use their animation budgets to great effect. Meanwhile POF has had the same dull plastic stiff look throughout its entire run. And no, PPG and Dexters were not hit and miss their hitting was above average. You are gonna have a harder time finding an episode that was bad than a good one. Prove me wrong though.

The PPG movie was however well animated and the Dexter ego trip movie had a more interesting plot than any POF movie.
>Dexter's Lab is mostly remembered for its Justice Friends segments,

This statement is completely bogus. You can ask /m/, /v/, /a/, /tv/, /sp, any random board and they will give you different memories of the show. This I can prove with the archives. From omelet du fromage, FEED ME, dexter family go, "I failed you" etc. This memories go beyond 4chan btw.

Good look trying to get equally similar reactions from POF. Feel free to try
https://desuarchive.org/
>>
>>93115410
>This thread is about the overall body of work, not the current way channels are handling their schedules.
I think that how each network is treating their respective works is really important too.

Right now CN had some great classics, some definitely better than Nickelodeon's, but instead of showing them on Boomerang, the guys scheduling the nostalgia channel decide to air recent cartoons and blocks of Tom and Jerry as well as some Scooby Doo. It's really sad that they'll bury most of it for something new.
>>
>>93115880
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it is important. It's bullshit how CN's been handling its stuff recently, like why the fuck are they spamming TTGo on Boomerang too? It's just that this thread is focusing on the quality of the shows themselves and not how poorly the networks are treating them.
>>
>>93115781
What is POF? I don't get this unfunny meme you're trying to force.

>if you can't see how McCracken and Tartakovsky worked within their limitations
Genndy used the same anime references and sound effects like a hundred thousand different times in his cartoons. Honestly, I can't say I remember much about PPG, it just wasn't as enjoyable as Dexter or FOP to me, so I'm not going to try and argue about it.

>Good look trying to get equally similar reactions from POF.
Dinkleberg, Doug Dimmadome, Tell me I'm pretty, the parent's battering ram, Crocker... FOP is probably the most quotable Nicktoon short of Spongebob. I don't really get what you are trying to go by referencing a bunch of random boards.
>>
cartoon network, it's no contest
>>
>>93115880
If you want to argue over current treatment, both are shit
You're either drowned in a wave of TTG on CN or drowned in a wave of spongebob and shitty reality shows on nick
>>
>>93114187
>Above average cartoons that are better than anything CN has ever fielded.
lol no
>>
Nicktoons always got higher ratings so them.
>>
File: YOU ARE PLAYING IT WRONG.png (1MB, 1386x660px) Image search: [Google]
YOU ARE PLAYING IT WRONG.png
1MB, 1386x660px
Arguing about this will never get anywhere and will never produce clear answers.

I speak the truth.
>>
Despite the state CN is in now, it undeniably is the better channel. You wouldn't see something like the effort it took to make things like Toonami, [as] and even basic stuff like going all in for the immersion for Cartoon Cartoon Fridays and CN City on Nick. And even if they did, it was always accompanied with live-action shit.

CN is on a downward trend but it's always gone through ups and downs. Nick is just straight up down. People call AT a zombie show, but it's nowhere near as bad as Spongebob and FOP
>>
>>93116242
Nicktoons got the better ratings because, for most of the US, Nickelodeon was basic cable package and CN was part of a more expensive cable package. This meant that more poorfags could watch nicktoons than Cntoons
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (361KB, 1625x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
361KB, 1625x1044px
>>93115927
>What is POF?
Sorry, FOP is so forgettable I seem to forget its name.

So I am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't watch Dexter in years because there was more to that show than anime references and sound effects. Genndy used different types of techniques ranging from still painting to portray dread, to still backgrounds holding a shot and having rotating characters. Its usage of shadows to show fear and wide angle world views. Overall the entire show was far better directed, it had better frame compositions. Oh and the show had squash and stretches with smears from time to time. Don't think I have ever seen a singe one of this from POF. I am sure they exists but hell if I ever saw them.

All of the above applies to PPG too.

>>93115927
>I don't really get what you are trying to go by referencing a bunch of random boards.
I am bringing them up to refute your absurd notion that dexters is mostly remembered due to Justice Friends. That claim is dumb, holds no water and only makes you look questionable when you make claims like POF being so darn gosh quotable.
>>
>>93112990
Cartoon Network has the better shows, Nick was only carried by Spongebob.
>>
>>93112990
Nick innovated with their early stuff, but CN had longer lasting quality than Nick's shows did, which fluctuated wildly.

Sure you had some great stuff like Avatar, Hey Arnold, Danny Phantom, and early Spongebob on Nick's side, but you also had garbage like Sanjay and Craig, Mr. Meat, all the rugrats spinoffs, and nu-spongebob.

But CN had Ed Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Fosters, Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Flapjack, Chowder, and of course, Samurai Jack. (Which was one of their most risky endeavors.) That isn't to say CN is without sin (CNReal is still fresh in the minds of many, as is Teen Titans Go) but they have had a longer track record of quality than Nick.
>>
>>93116434
Sounds like you're just throwing out a bunch of blanket animation terms to sound like you know about the issue, while flatly denying the other side used any of those techniques, which just isn't true. The Crimson Chin universe for instance used a different comic-book like style than the rest of the show. The switching of animation and style in Channel Chasers was far better than anything attempted in either of those shows. Also, it's important to note that there is more to cartoons than just the way they are animated. Voicing, sounds, music, plot structure, comedic timing. These things differ on an episode to episode basis and its impossible to compare them on a show to show average.

The argument you're making seems to be going nowhere. You're insisting upon that FOP is forgettable, when it remained one of the most watched cartoons throughout the 00s, and spawned a slew of art style clones on CN that never even came close to its level. You're living in some sort of weird bubble where you try to deny a show's success simply because you didn't like it and thought less popular cartoons from the same era were better.

Johnny Bravo for instance completely eclipsed Dexter's Lab. Genndy wasn't always an overrated hack, and MacFarlane/Hartman weren't always overhated hacks.
>>
>>93116649
>and spawned a slew of art style clones on CN that never even came close to its level.
You fucking wot. What show on CN was at any point attempting to emulate the style of FOP?
>>
>>93116711
That show with the blue and pink bunnies, can't remember its name. Billy and Mandy bit its style pretty hard too.
>>
>>93116751
Was that even a CN show? I cant recall it's name let alone where it aired

>Billy and Mandy
Nah not even close
>>
>>93116751
Yin Yang Yo didn't air on CN and the creator was a former storyboard artist on FOP/DP so that's expected, while Billy and Mandy has a passing resemblance at best. Even then that's hardly a "slew".
>>
>>93116751
>>93116819
Now that I think of it, Yin Yang Yo was a Disney cartoon or a CN? I can't remember it. That one should get a pass since it was from Bob Boyle.

Billy and Mandy bit it hard. Bold lines, stupid main kid, supernatural plot devicer, nerdy black friend, evil female tormentor voiced by Grey.
>>
It depends on whether we're purely talking about cartoon originals, or any and all programming that's shown on the channel.

Originals on vanilla CN vs Nick originals are relatively equal, Nick might even be a little better. If CN gets to take credit for [as] and early anime licensing though, Nick just gets completely blown out of the water.
>>
Nick wins, mostly because of Avatar and classic Spongebob. I would say that CN has a better average though.
>>
>>93112990
Cartoon Network.

Nickelodeon has stuff like Danny Phantom, Hey Arnold, Fairly Odd Parents and Teenage Robot, but there's way too many classic shows on CN, and new shows that are also really good.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (324KB, 1654x959px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
324KB, 1654x959px
>>93116649
>Sounds like you're just throwing out a bunch of blanket animation terms to sound like you know about the issue,

Every single thing I said specially related to one of the pictures none were blanket statements. And actually pretty sure I am using the wrong terms to describe some of the animation techniques they used but the idea is the same. I am not denying FOP has its moment, like I said "I am sure they exists but hell if I ever saw them." The vast majority of FOP episodes have this wooden stiff look. Pic related, compare the pilot art to the average episode. POF has the same problem that sponge bob and another anon brought up. CN kills their shows after a while, Nick churns them out like a machine. Old Simpsons vs new Simpsons animation for another example.

>Also, it's important to note that there is more to cartoons than just the way they are animated. Voicing, sounds, music, plot structure, comedic timing. These things differ on an episode to episode basis and its impossible to compare them on a show to show average.

We sure as fuck can or else this entire thread an some anon brinign up emmys as an example are meaningless. On an episode to episode basis PPG and Dexter both have been better written, had better comedic timing and animated than POF.

>You're insisting upon that FOP is forgettable
That has never been my claim, my claim has been that PPG and Dexter are better shows in every regard and that POF is a mediocre animated and written show. Which I have been proving with actual examples.

>Johnny Bravo for instance completely eclipsed Dexter's Lab.
Nope, a false statement like the one about the Justice Friends. You are making the claim I sure hope you can back it up.
>>
>>93116875
Comparing Grim Adventures to FOP is just wrong they are such different shows

The spirit of their comedy is totally different, the similarities you point out are extremely superficial and broad
>>
>>93114187
>has always been the quantity channel

>Disregard the fact that The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy won an Annie and 2 Emmy awards
>Disregard the fact that Regular Show has been nominated for 2 Annie and 4 Emmy awards, winning 1 Emmy
>Disregard the fact that Courage the Cowardly Dog won an Annie award and a Golden Reel award
>Disregard the fact that Johnny Bravo was nominated for 4 Annie awards
>Disregard the fact that Cow and Chicken was nominated for 2 Emmy awards
>Disregard the fact that Dexters Lab was a critical juggernaut

Yea, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>93117049
>Dexter's Lab
>not stiff
You ought to take off some of those nostalgia goggles. If we're going to bring up "Old vs New", compare the seasons of Dexter's Lab before and after the movie.

And you just posted a bunch of pictures from the same running gag in the same episode. There are episodes with standout animation in FOP too, like Action Packed.

>We sure as fuck can or else this entire thread an some anon brinign up emmys as an example are meaningless. On an episode to episode basis PPG and Dexter both have been better written, had better comedic timing and animated than POF.
The thread will just be 500 posts of a back and forth insisting that one opinion of a show is right and one is wrong, especially since you keep changing the subject from your original claim that FOP was mediocre, when it obviously wasn't or it would've fizzled out like the rest of the late 90s/early 00's works from both channels.

>That has never been my claim
>>93116434
>Sorry, FOP is so forgettable I seem to forget its name.

>Nope, a false statement like the one about the Justice Friends. You are making the claim I sure hope you can back it up.
I always got the impression this board liked Johnny Bravo more than Dexter's Lab, and growing up watching those shows at that time, what people felt of them in real life too. Good luck finding "proof" of it, the closest thing might be ratings information from that era, and I'm not going to dig through fossils for that. Honestly, you're demanding proof of this sort of shit while insisting on a show that at times broke 10 million viewers isn't iconic, so quite frankly my dear, I don't feel like I need to prove shit to you.
>>
Nickelodeon has early Spongebob. Early ren and stimpy and invaders zim are also good but to a much lesser extent. The rest of Nick's programming sucked.
Cartoon Network has nothing of value.
>>
>>93114890
Second best, King of the Hill, at least before the last few seasons, was the best cartoon ever.
>>
>>93117315
Autism
>>
>>93117410
You forgot your phone format filename reaction image
>>
I have never seen a show more boring and unwatchable than courage the cowardly dog. Ed edd and eddy was almost as bad.
>>
>>93117358
Ren and Stimpy is one of those shows that I want to like because there's effort put forth in the animation, but it's just not that entertaining.
>>
>>93114957
Name one show on CN that was as good as early Spongebob.
>>
File: 1495988809505.png (123KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1495988809505.png
123KB, 950x534px
>>93117432
>>
>>93117358
>>93117461
Early Spongebob is grossly overrated. Not saying CN is better either, but putting it in the same conversation as something like Simpsons is something a millennial would do. It was a slight upgrade from Rocko's Modern Life at best.
>>
>>93117432
I'd have actually taken this bait if you simply said those were the most disappointing or overrated shows you've ever seen instead worst, but ya goofed
>>
What's even on Nick currently? The only show I hear about is The Loud House.
>>
>>93117550
>The Loud House
Which is currently funnier and better stylized than anything airing on CN right now.
>>
>>93117550
Spongebob's gotten better again but it's not quite up to golden age snuff. Outside of that they have TMNT and Bunsen is a Beast, but Loud House and Spongebob are clearly their juggernauts.
>>
>>93115356
Seasons 2 was the best season of the simpsons you underage faggot.
>>
>>93117565
>TLH
>funny
Pick one
>>
>>93117358
well good to know your standards of quality are so impossibly high that you fucking suck as a person.

Good Nick:
Kablam (especially Action League Now)
Angry Beavers
Spongebob (though it suffers due to post movie, but that HAS been getting better)
Hey Arnold
Danny Phantom
Jimmy Neutron (fucking Hugh)
Invader Zim
Rugrats was the powerhouse before Spongebob
MLAATR
Avatar was and still is a fantastic cartoon
Ren and Stimpy
early FOP
Rocko's Modern Life
Loud House
Harvey Beaks

CN:
Dexter's Lab
PPG
Johnny Bravo
Samurai Jack
EEnE
Courage
KND
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Fosters
Steven Universe
Flapjack
Chowder

everything here was at least good imo.

theres probably more on both but I cant remember right now.
>>
>>93117565
Gumball is already a better show than The Loud House. Try again.
>>
>>93117461
EEnE
>>
>>93117601
Confirmed for having never watched it.
>>93117609
>screaming, dumb dad/competent mom archetypes, video game and anime references
>funny anymore
>>
>>93117603
omg I cant believe I forgot Gumball and Clarence
>>
>>93116346
>implying that's the point of these threads
>>
>>93117660
>>93117603
And where's Regular Show?
>>
>>93117565
>>>/trash/
go back to your containment thread
>>
>>93117646
>Confirmed for having never watched it.
I watched several episodes of it when nothing better was on TV. They were nothing to wtite home about.

I don't find Gumball all that amusing either so I'll give you that.
>>
>>93117646
Nah I've watch it

Does an episode exist that doesn't involve Lincoln looking straight at the camera and explaining the episode because the writers can't do anything subtle or clever?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (111KB, 673x931px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
111KB, 673x931px
>>93117315
>Dexter's Lab
>not stiff

Like I stated early on, neither of this show had great animation nor have I claimed Dexter had its flaws. But like I did said, Gendy worked with his limitations and managed to produce more interesting shots as opposed to POF who on average has a similar bland look.

>especially since you keep changing the subject
point out when I changed the subject, I have always been on point that POF is a mediocre show. You interpreted it as me saying it wasn't popular, you are arguing ad populum. Transformers movies haven't faded either.

>Good luck finding "proof"
How about the fact Dexter had more episodes? Or that after canceled both, they only bother to bring back dexter. Or about the fact that Dexter was plaster in the cover of Fusion Fall and that smash bros copy game.
>while insisting on a show that at times broke 10 million viewers isn't iconic
I HAVE NEVER MADE THAT CLAIM
You keep insist that I have when I am keep repeating I am criticizing the quality of the show.

>you're demanding proof of this sort of shit
>I don't feel like I need to prove shit to you.
Then you shouldn't make claims you can't prove. Here let me make one, you are a huge faggot. Now you being a faggot is fact and its up to you to prove otherwise. see how that doesn't work? faggot.
>>
>>93117699
ohh fuck...I am just forgetting all the stuff today.
>>
>>93117702
Not an argument.
>>93117705
There are some weak episodes, but anything generally with Lola, Lynn Sr, Bobby, Lori, or Lincoln's friends minus Clyde is pretty good.
>>
>>93117699
Regular show was too fucking formulaic to be considered anything but mediocre.
>>
>>93117219
What do awards have to do with quality?
>>
>>93117702
Not an argument.
>>93117705
There are some weak episodes, but anything generally with Lola, Lynn Sr, Bobby, Lori, or Lincoln's friends minus Clyde is pretty good.>>93117742
>Like I stated early on, neither of this show had great animation nor have I claimed Dexter had its flaws. But like I did said, Gendy worked with his limitations and managed to produce more interesting shots as opposed to POF who on average has a similar bland look.
This is some great backpedaling.

>I have always been on point that POF is a mediocre show.
We know. You shit up every thread its ever mentioned in about it. Fact is, it isn't. Channel Chasers, Abra Catastrophe, School's Out the Musical, as well as many Season 1-4 episodes are excellent works.

>How about the fact Dexter had more episodes? Or that after canceled both, they only bother to bring back dexter. Or about the fact that Dexter was plaster in the cover of Fusion Fall and that smash bros copy game.
Probably because everyone involved in JB's creation left for greener pastures, while Genndy just got tired of Dexter's Lab and moved onto other works while remaining with the channel.

>I HAVE NEVER MADE THAT CLAIM
>>93114781
You have the memory of a fish.

>Then you shouldn't make claims you can't prove. Here let me make one, you are a huge faggot. Now you being a faggot is fact and its up to you to prove otherwise. see how that doesn't work? faggot.
Someone's obviously getting tired and mad. You should take your nap. These long pointless rambling walls of texts you keep posting aren't really adding anything to the discussion.
>>
File: 148356483445.png (103KB, 410x243px) Image search: [Google]
148356483445.png
103KB, 410x243px
>>93112990
I legit cant decide. Both channels had some really top-tier cartoons. I guess the real question though is which channel had more failures with bad/unmemorable cartoons?
>>
File: 1495059220680.jpg (67KB, 451x524px) Image search: [Google]
1495059220680.jpg
67KB, 451x524px
>>93117219
Annie and daytime emmy awards? Even Tuff Puppy won those. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>93117486
The Simpsons (and I'm not even counting post season 8 crap) is what is overrated. Spongebob is way more fun, layered and clever than The Loud Obnoxious Shit Show that you nostalgia glasses simpsons fans constantly jizz over.
>>
At least we can all agree that CN had the overall worst show between the two of them.

>Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
>>
File: 1373001380864.png (229KB, 447x337px) Image search: [Google]
1373001380864.png
229KB, 447x337px
>>93117918
>Spongebob fan
>calling another show loud, obnoxious, and tinted by nostalgia goggles
Back to your black twitter memes.
>>
>>93117464
>>93117538
>I don't agree with his opinion so it must be bait!
I remember when I was 10, I tried I get into those shows because my friends liked them, and my opinion at the time was that these were the most boring shows I had ever seen. Not bait.
>>
>>93117871
I never seen a bigger flop than the CN Real shows.
>>
>>93117575
And hillenburg is on his way out so the partial revival in quality is gonna be short lived.
>>
>>93117958
You aren't alone, at least in regards to EEnE. That show was EXCRUCIATINGLY boring and full of unlikeable characters. I have no idea why it gets so much praise here.
>>
>>93117603
I don't consider my standards of quality so high. Maybe you're just a pleb?
In any case though, I would never say you suck as a person just because I is agree with your tastes. You are so emotional about this. Are you a woman?
>>
>>93117871
CN has a lot of really bad capeshit cartoons, while Nickelodeon's bad cartoons are for the most part attempts at original ideas (Butt Ugly Martians or whatever). I'll give some slight props for originality rather than rehashing capeshit a million times.
>>
>>93117871
Nick's aired some straight up trash back in the day that lowers my opinion of it compared to CN. Yakkity Yak, Butt Ugly Martians, Brothers Flub, and Super Duper Sumos just to name a few, along with a number of painfully middling shows like My Dad the Rock Star, Edgar and Ellen, and Pelswick. Those are just off of the top of my head. CN's had its lows and its future lineup looks questionable, but Nickelodeon has something like a golden cap of quality upon a mountain of shit and mediocrity.

>>93117967
If we're bringing in live action, then even counting CN Real, Nick still does worse. Or do I really need to remind you of the state of the network.
>>
File: belongs in the trash.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
belongs in the trash.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>93117941
I don't think anyone could disagree with that. I know CN likes to take risks, but that was just going too far.
>>
>>93117952
There is not a fanbase in existence more blinded by nostalgia than simpsons and all objective people wouldn't argue with this.
Early Spongebob wasn't obnoxious, at least most of the time. Early Simpsons failed a lot with their jokes and just came across as obnoxious plebbery, not funny.
>black twitter
what?
>>
>>93117941
hmm Id say Breadwinners or FanboyCUm is close.

but SMFA was pretty awful.
>>
>>93117870
>This is some great backpedaling.
Go ahead and quote me when I said dexter always had great animation.

>None of the shows we are talking about had "great" animation. They were all tv shows
>McCracken and Tartakovsky worked within their limitations to constantly produce dynamic shots and sparingly use their animation budgets to great effect.

You don't know what the term backpedaling mean but go ahead and prove me wrong.

>You shit up every thread its ever mentioned in about it.
K, so you are an autist that thinks only one person has ever called POF mediocre.
>Probably because everyone involved in JB's creation left for greener pastures, while Genndy just got tired of Dexter's Lab and moved onto other works while remaining with the channel.
That doesn't even make fully adress the reboot of the series or that dexters is prominently shown in promotional art for CN. Just give up your dumb idea that Johnny Bravo was somehow more pouplar than Dexter when it clearly wasn't.

>You have the memory of a fish.
Dude, you are proving my point. Yes, since the begenning I have been saying POF is a mediocre show, where in that stament id I question the show as being "iconic."

>Someone's obviously getting tired and mad.
Can't help it if stupid people with poor reading comprehension make me mad.
>>
>>93117941
Super Duper Sumos and The Brothers Flub were utter garbage, but that show's definitely close. Honestly a hard call.
>>
>>93118057
>back in the day
>names early 2000s shows
I wonder if this is how I made 80s kids feel
>>
>>93118025
you literally here in this thread and say all but THREE cartoons on all of CN and Nick that has ever and is currently airing are shit

and even then two of them you said were to a much lesser extent than early spongebob.

so yeah....your opinion is shit.
>>
>>93118157
You seem to be split between two personalities. On one hand, you're trying to seriously argue with someone, on the other hand, you keep posting that retarded POF thing that you thought was funny that kind of dismisses anything you write as just being a hater.

Maybe you should just fuck off already?
>>
>>93118202
>you literally here in this thread and say all but THREE cartoons on all of CN and Nick that has ever and is currently airing are shit
Well because it's true. But I guess I should say, I'm in my 40s and saw none of these cartoons as a child, so that will affect my perception of them differently from you.
I mean c'mon, if someone 10 years from now tried to say that Disney and Nick had a lot of good live action shows 10 years ago, wouldn't your honest answer be that they were all shit? But if they had grown up with them, they'd feel differently.
>>
>>93118205
Agreed.
>>
>>93118276
Oh youre in your 40s....nevermind then, it makes sense. your like a generation ahead of me.
>>
>>93118205
I keep call it POF by mistake, not my fault you are taking it as a great grievance. I wouldn't get butt hurt if someone kept accidentally referring to PPG as GPP or something.

Next time don't bring up retarded arguments if you don't want to be called out on them.
>>
File: 1491500244769.jpg (295KB, 688x688px) Image search: [Google]
1491500244769.jpg
295KB, 688x688px
>>93118276
>in my 40's
So your idea of "good" cartoons growing up is Flintstones and toy commercials... right...
>>
>>93118327
Not even him but you're blatantly being intentionally obtuse now.
>>
>>93118327
Not even that guy. You keep insisting on something that isn't, and getting butthurt when others do the same. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>93118327
You have no grounds really to be calling anyone's argument retarded. You've written a short essay in this thread so far worth of words and managed to say or prove nothing.
>>
>>93114487
>Butt Ugly Martians
Holy fuck I just remembered how awful that was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1z9I9WN_A
>>
>>93117742
Relax you fucking autist it's just a children's cartoons.
>>
CN as a whole is leagues ahead of Nick because of the extra content they get from Toonami and Adult Swim. Growing up as a kid I always preferred CN for this very reason.
CN had Quantity and Quality.
Nick just had Quality.
>>
>>93115422
They do that on TeenNick.
>>
>>93118498
Both CN and Nick's list of original programming contains nearly the same amount of original programs. From those lists, they contain around the same amount of quality shows.

In terms of Quality and Quantity, Fox Kids and ABC were better.
>>
>>93114445
you are objectively wrong on this one

Bottom of the barrel CN is still about as good as slightly bellow average Nick
>>
File: mighty b.jpg (271KB, 1600x966px) Image search: [Google]
mighty b.jpg
271KB, 1600x966px
Alas, nobody will ever know the hidden nick gem The Mighty B, which disappeared as quietly as it came in 2008. In a time of CGI and flash animation, it was hand-drawn using traditional cel animation (at least for the first half of season 1 before going digital) with a "John K Minus John K" art style. Every episode had a short animation segment that was done in the US before the ol' shipped to Korea BS, and its noticeable by the much rougher animation that gave it so much personality. It was constantly getting better and better before its end on Season 2. It was loaded to the brim with reaction face material too.

It was a show lost in time--It emulated Nick's 90's style PERFECTLY. Too perfect, honestly, that I feel it was better than nearly every 90's cartoon they made. But sadly, it never found its audience, and was outshined by more Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob episodes. Katie Rice did a bunch of season 2 storyboards too and they're real great episodes. I miss this show dearly.
>>
>>93114607
Id take Problem Solverz over CatDog any day
and Problem Solverz was shit
>>
>>93118388
>>93118355
>>93118361
Some points I didn't make as clear as i could due to lack of proper terminology but I stand by my statements. Just pick a random episode of dexter and watch the way things are framed and the few instances of animation that they uses as oppose to a random POF episode.

I also never put words in any ones mouth and never said FOP was not iconic. Neither did I made blatantly dumb statements like
>Dexter's Lab is mostly remembered for its Justice Friends segments

>>93118468
No. This is an argument on the internet.
>>
>>93118646
Sheep in the Big City proves that argument wrong.
>>
>>93114988
0 times 0 is still 0
>>
>>93118690
Sheep in the City is one of the greatest shows ever created

if anything, it proves me right
>>
>>93118689
Ok bro, you never said those things you were wrong about, the argument just appeared out of thin air
>>
>>93112990
Nick.

Doug, Arnold, Rugrats, Little Bear, Franklin, Early Sponge Bob, Avatar, Rocko, list goes on and on..
>>
>>93118812
>Doug

your argument is invalid
>>
>>93118812
>Doug
Your opinion will not be taken seriously.
>>
>>93118812
Doug is objectively the worst cartoon ever created
>>
>>93112990
Nick has memorable cartoons

CN has always been kinda hit n miss. It has had some good cartoons like EEnE, courage and ppg but most of their line up has been shit.

CN wins right now tho but back in the days Nick would have won.
>>
File: 206799553_640.jpg (46KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
206799553_640.jpg
46KB, 640x363px
>>93118797
Obviously or someone would just quoted me as I have been asking for.

>>93117941
Problem Solverz has SMFA beat simply because it was apparent they put some effort into making SMFA look ugly. In PS they just lazily used gradient to color things.
>>
>>93118765
>Defending Sheep in the Big City
I bet you like Clarence too.
>>
>>93118305
yeah our tastes are bound to be different
>>93118335
I honestly didn't watch cartoons growing up. It wasn't til I got to college that I started tuning in. A lot of them were disappointing to me, but a few (Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead) stood out. And when Spongebob came on, it was the best cartoon I had ever seen.
>>
>>93118812
>Doug
>The fact that Doug was the first show you listed
Get the fuck out of my /co/
>>
>>93118827
>>93118848
>>93118886
Posting the same non-argument 3 times is just sad. The show lasted, 7 seasons. Not my fault you enjoy fucking Regular Show, trying so hard to live in an era you weren't born in.
>>
>>93118903
Playing stupid never wins an argument. Though I'm beginning to suspect you aren't playing
>>
>>93119066
I am doing the opposite, I am literally asking for someone to point out where I contradicted my self or made a fallacy.
>>
>>93119006
>my /co/

You goes to show how much of a delusional retard you are.
>>
>>93119042
I bet you find Doug Funnie to be a very relatable character. Almost as if he was literally you. Do you have a Patty Mayonaise in your life? And why did you let Roger taker her away from you? Are you a true beta, just like Doug?
>>
>>93119042
Regular show lasted 8 seasons

feel free to cut your dick off
>>
>>93119142
Holy shit did Roger really cuck Doug? Maybe I should watch that show.
>>
>>93117580
>underage
Not that guy but dude, I was born when season 5 came out and I'm 23. If anon was in diapers during 2 he's not underage.
>>
>>93118918
>not liking Clarence or Sheep in the Big Citty

Leave now
Leave now and never come back
>>
>>93119196
I don't think so. I was just speculating what would probably happen in the future.
>>
>>93119091
thinking Doug was a good show is still a million degrees more delusional
>>
>>93119142
The show was on when I was fucking 13. It's funny to me that you'll shit on that but will boast about how good Steven Universe is what only proves that not only are you 15-17 but you're also closeted faggots.. you probably have your own 'oc' crystal gem.
>>
>>93119142
>Doug Funnie
> relatable

I can see that
>>
>>93119278
nobody even mentioned Steven Universe

MAN you are projecting
>>
>>93119278
I give 0 fucks about Steven Universe.

Doug is just one of the shows that separates the "LOL I'M SO 90's GUIZE XD" people from the people with decent taste. You would probably eat up boring trash like Hey Dude, just because it was on 90's Nick too.
>>
File: Here you earned it.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
Here you earned it.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>93119278
>Mentioning Steven Universe when no one did
>Projecting this hard
>>
>>93112990
nick had some amazing shows while CN had more shows that were pretty good. Spongebob was a juggernaut carrying everyone in the early 2000s and Rocko/Hey Arnold/Catdog carried them before that.

I'm so glad they'll be making Hey Arnold again, there isn't anything like it anymore. I miss the normal every day problems in shows.
>>
Cartoon Network by far.

Although Nick's few good shows were usually REALLY good.
>>
>>93114336
i disagree, i was in middle school and high school in the late 00s/early 10s and kept watching nick for drake and josh and icarly. i knew boys and girls who liked these shows and would watch nick only for them - i think that demographic probably kept them afloat during that "dark time" more than their cartoons. i never tuned into cn during that time except for adult swim or anime.

nick had a lot of great, genuinely funny live action shows that hold up when i've watched them back as an adult - pretty much the whole schneider line - all that, kenan and kel, the amanda show, drake and josh, icarly. i don't know about the new stuff but considering how huge ariana grande is her show couldn't have been too bad.
>>
>>93119457
>the amanda show
>good
>>
>>93117967
>CN Real
Those were some fucking dark times man.
>>
>>93118812
Forget about the brainlets replying angrily at you about Doug. That was the thinking kid's cartoon.
>>
>>93119568
it was a generic teen drama with an extra dose of boredom
>>
>>93119205
I didn't mean literally
>>
>>93119483
i watched it recently with my parents and we all laughed multiple times. maybe good isn't the right word, but those shows were entertaining to a broad group of people. i can't say the same for CN real shows, which didn't appeal to me even when i was within the target demographic for them.
>>
File: 1373504558217.gif (850KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1373504558217.gif
850KB, 358x358px
For me it's Nickelodeon
>>
Hey Arnold is the greatest show ever created, cartoon or otherwise.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>93120390
i can't because i agree with you.
>>
>>93117958
I'm sorry for assuming your post was bait instead of just genuinely horribly idiotic. I'm sure the brief critical opinions that you formed when you were 10 are just as worthy of consideration as the wide consensus that EEnE and Courage are not quite the biggest creative failures in the history of cartoons.
>>
>>93120390
For me to do that I'll have to see if you yourself can point out flaws from your own perspective.
>>
File: 02938432023.gif (992KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
02938432023.gif
992KB, 500x280px
>>93120390
The show does have some good waifu material
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 512x384px
>>93120452
Most people also formed their opinions when they were 10
>trying to use consensus as an argument
please, please! my sides can only take so much!
>>
>>93112990
why is Jenny the only one that is fanart when everyone else is stock images?
>>
>>93120489
Gerald's brother was an idiot, this thot was just throwing herself at him.
>>
>>93114705
I'm in CN's favor, and I even consider this wrong. Symbiotic Titan and Secret Saturdays got screwed over. And don't get me started on how Duck Dodgers's third season was aired so late that most didn't even realize it had a third season.
>>
File: 1471324422802.png (207KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471324422802.png
207KB, 400x400px
>>93120789
Third season you say?
>>
>>93118887
>CN wins right now tho but back in the days Nick would have won

That might be because Nick was founded in the 70s while CN didn't even exist until 1992. It's actually a testament to how astoundingly incompetent Viacom is that they pissed away such a huge head start in kids cartoons industry so quickly despite the giant marketing power that MTV still possessed at the time.
>>
>>93119278
The difference between Doug and SU is that people already widely agree that SU is shit, while there are still tons of nostalgic ding dongs than wander over here from reddit that actually think Doug was a good show.
>>
>>93112990
both were awful at certain points. But probably cartoon network because going back to old nicktoons personally makes me realize how boring they are
>>
Doug actually was a good show though guys. I enjoyed it just as much as Hey Arnold! as a kid. The Disney run was awkward, but the Nick run was enjoyable. I rewatched the older episodes recently and I still enjoyed the stories, the artwork, and the general tone. I haven't actually seen anybody prove why it's "bad" beyond "it didn't entertain me." I hated Ren & Stimpy but can still recognize it's an excellently crafted show.
>>
>>93120525
List as best as you can every cartoon you've ever watched, and it should become immediately apparent that you either haven't watched a lot of stuff or have some interestingly high opinions about about a lot of terrible shit.
>>
File: 1497092211718.jpg (31KB, 380x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497092211718.jpg
31KB, 380x434px
How did Disney even get Doug in the first place?

Did Viacom sell it off to them?
>>
>>93115281
>Dexter's Lab is mostly remembered for its Justice Friends segments
I have no idea how you came to this conclusion, most people forgot that this even existed.
>>
>>93121250
Doug was basically like an alternate universe version of the Peanuts where the kids are a little older but made 40 years later, and devoid of any point.
>>
>>93121928
No not me I loved those segments. It was very disheartening to see them removed.
>>
File: 1490501210808.png (413KB, 516x792px) Image search: [Google]
1490501210808.png
413KB, 516x792px
>>93112990
Pretty much every show CN has made up until 2009 still holds up well (Dexter's Lab, PPG, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Courage, Billy and Mandy, Kids Next Door, etc.) while most of Nick's catalog from the 90's till now are mostly disposable hell out of all their 90's shows only Ren and Stimpy, Rocko and Hey Arnold are worth revisiting and after Avatar most of their 00's lineup are damn near unattainable. Despite being the network that produced the most popular and iconic cartoon series of the modern era it really did slow down their creative process and essentially doomed them from ever having another quality series of that caliber again.
>>
File: 1486233118021.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486233118021.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>93117603
>Good Nick:
>Danny Phantom
>Jimmy Neutron (fucking Hugh)
>Rugrats
>MLAATR
>early FOP
>Loud House

>Good CN
>Johnny Bravo
>Fosters
>Steven Universe
>Chowder
>>
I'm gonna be honest, I enjoy a lot more of CN's programs still today, plus it has Adult Swim. Nickelodeon has had some good shows and I enjoyed a decent amount of them when they aired, but God do few actually hold up or even look decent.
>>
>>93117461
Literally majority of the shows aired on CN in the mid to late 90s.
Anything that was on multiple years during cartoon cartoon Fridays.
>>
>>93117603
>Danny Phantom
This show turns the shit immediately after Bob Boyle leaves, its largely wasted potential and there's no fan alive who will honestly defend the last season.
>MLAATR
I'm very much perplexed why people are still harping about how this was good because the only think people seem to remember out of it is Jenny's design. The show was just dull outside its unique art design.
>Rugrats was the powerhouse before Spongebob
Pre Revival Rugrats is good but everything after Passover is just meh and this is before it becomes shit when they introduce Dil.
>early FOP
I'm just going to say it outright that FOP is and will always be a hit or miss show largely due to how repetitive and formulaic it is even in the early seasons while the later seasons are criticized for being downright lazy and practically eliminating most of the cast the early season were just as flawed.
>Loud House
Fuck no. This show is the epitome of mediocre and doesn't really have anything that makes it standout especially in an era where everyone is doing something different to one up one another but at that same token the reason it was such a success is probably because it doesn't demand anything from the viewer or feels like a projection of the creator's self-esteem issues its just a sitcomesque cartoon, not a very good one but a cartoon none the less.

>Johnny Bravo
Go back and rewatch the first season of Johnny Bravo, its not very funny, while a lot of people complain about the changes in the second it at least had some semblance of writing involved regardless of how formulaic it became and then they went back to the old format of the first season and it was terrible.
>Fosters
Yeah you may want to revisit this, its not very good

>Steven Universe
Incredibly inconsistent show that can't decide if it wants to be an episodic comedy or serious serial show

>Chowder
Only the first season is watchable everything after is just obnoxious with the overused of 4th wall humor and fart jokes
>>
>>93118918
>>93119220
Sheep in the Big City was the shit.
Clarence is just shit.
>>
File: 1480701059295.jpg (43KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
1480701059295.jpg
43KB, 500x570px
>>93114187
>Thinks Nick is better than CN overall
>Can't list any examples within the current century with the exception of avatar and fop
>>
>>93123222
Your pic isn't helping your side pleb
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
Who /pbs master race/ here?
>>
>>93117603
>Loud House

Opinion discarded, go back to /trash/
>>
>>93123359
The only PBS shows I liked were Arthur, Read between the lions, and Dragon Tales
>>
>>93123359
Everyday when you're walking down the street, and everybody that you meet, has an original point of view.
>>
>>93123307
A semi decent show is better than anything Nick has to air at the moment
>>
>>93121168
takes some serious No True /Co/mrade-ing to honestly believe this about SU
>>
>>93124083
SU has been thoroughly put in the "guilty pleasure" category in that plenty of people still watch it, but aren't going to actually attempt to defend it when confronted.
>>
I'm honestly saying Nick overall. But if it were just for present day or the past 5 years, CN easily beats Nick.

I blame Viacom worrying about short term profits for why Nick hasn't been good animation-wise lately. If it isn't pulling Spongebob level numbers or another "safe bet live-action family sitcom by Dan Schneider," it's probably canned. But back in the 1990s, Nick took a lot of risks and ran several kinds of programs during the day. They ran shows of different genres. Hey Arnold remains probably one of the greatest slice of life shows ever made. Angry Beavers did a great job of being a "two bros" sitcom. As Told By Ginger was an alright dramedy. And when a show was shit, Nick wasted no time on getting rid of it. Remember Pelswick? Exactly.

Cartoon Network in the meantime at least takes some risks and nurtures their creative talent. The only problem is rerunning TTG a billion times and worrying about toy sales. I hope nuPPG slaps some sense into CN or do a better job with the Ben 10 reboot; the original versions of the show was liked because they were quality and cared for by their creators, not because it was made to push some shit merchandise.
>>
>>93113983
but that's demonstrably false.
>>
File: 1423889299189.jpg (33KB, 392x340px) Image search: [Google]
1423889299189.jpg
33KB, 392x340px
>93122662
>93123155
A lot of autists here can't seem to get over that people like different things than them. I mean I can understand questioning something like Jimmy Neutron, but Johnny Bravo/early FOP/Chowder/Rugrats being seriously questioned? You must thing leepest dore and anime references are the only things that can make a cartoon. What a fucking crock of cancer this thread turned out to be, and surprisingly the CN side was the worst of it.
>>
>>93118660
I remember liking this show a lot too. The main character was pretty interesting as far as female protagonists go, the show allowed her to be just as wacky and crazy as male MCs get to be which is still pretty rare to see.
>>
>>93126953
>Johnny Bravo/early FOP/Chowder/Rugrats being seriously questioned?
None of these shows are held in any high regard though unless you're a nostalgiafag
>>
>>93120789
Duck dodgers was warner, not quite the same
>>
File: 1487373430361.png (2MB, 975x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1487373430361.png
2MB, 975x1075px
>>93126953
People shit on FOP and Chowder all the damn time newshit I'm not even sure where this praise for Chowder even comes from since most people agree that the show turned to shit in a short amount of time. FOP was just never a good show to begin with and while it did get worse its fall from grace wasn't as drastic as say Spongebob.

People don't feel strongly about Johnny Bravo to bring it up in any regard and any thread we have for it is always split between people who liked the first season and people who liked the second and third (nobody likes the fourth season) so your insistence that it shouldn't be questioned is weird. A lot of people agree that Rugrats became bad once Dil was introduced and the pre movie seasons (or pre fifth season) were better honestly Klasky Ccupo was just not good animation company since the only show that was worth anything was Duckman which isn't even a Nick show.
>>
>>93127434
>r-r-r-r-reddit!
Are you done?
>>
>>93127477
ARE YOU?
>>
>>93119958
This show is fucking golden and anyone that disagrees rooted for Hillary this past election.
>>
>>93115410
Anything Richard Steven Horvitz is in is a masterpiece. Except Squirrel Boy.
>>
File: gir dance hd.gif (248KB, 167x179px) Image search: [Google]
gir dance hd.gif
248KB, 167x179px
>>93112990
That's an incredibly subjective question, if you want that factually. A lot of CN shows were about slapstick and action, while I feel like Nick shows were always more about dialogue. Each network had a little bit of both, but when you compare stuff like Johnny Bravo and EEnE to stuff like Hey Arnold and early Spongebob, it becomes pretty apparent. I feel like you'd have to ask another question entirely: should cartoons be about exploiting their nature as a cartoon and have wacky stuff, or should cartoons be slightly more grounded in reality and only use the nature of animation to enhance the ability to storytell?

The real answer is both.
>>
File: 1487618374286.jpg (231KB, 1840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487618374286.jpg
231KB, 1840x1080px
>>93128002
>A lot of CN shows were about slapstick and action, while I feel like Nick shows were always more about dialogue
>The very first Nicktoons were Ren and Stimpy and Rocko
>>
>>93128133
>nu/co/
Cute
>>
>>93112990
after years and years of cartoons i have no idea i have favorite shows from both channels. Like the shit i would complain about one the other does to like nick spamming spongebob and currently cn spamming teen titans go.
>>
>>93128132
I should clarify and say "as a whole". Ren and Stimpy and Rocko were definitely slapstick.
>>
File: 1492327163904.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1492327163904.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>93128133
>I'm not even sure where you got the impression Chowder was hated
From this very fucking board. You obviously weren't here. A lot of people hated the show here the more it became RANDUMB with its 4th wall break. Back then people here prefer Flapjack due to how creepy and 90's esque it was.
>>
File: reuplicanvampire.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
reuplicanvampire.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>93112990
I never seen The Amazing World of Gumball but I keep hearing good things about it and I think i might enjoy it.
>>
>>93128275
Let's just be honest, they were both fucking shit. The only reason why anyone remembers either is because they happened to be the cream of the crop during the lowest point of CN when they were trying live shit.
>>
>>93128405
It's pretty alright
>>
>>93128440
>The only reason why anyone remembers either is because they happened to be the cream of the crop during the lowest point of CN when they were trying live shit.
Flapjack was okay but Chowder stopped being good after the first season. But yeah are preconceptions were pretty blinded back then since they were are only options beyond Candashit and live action shit back then.
>>
No one is even mentioning the fact that OP's pic is using a Bleedman drawing?
>>
>>93112990
nick peaked in the 90s CN didn't
>>
>>93121610
Jim's contract stated that he was guaranteed a specific number of episodes(65, I think), or else Jim could quit and take the show with him. Well, Nick failed to support it, and Jim left. Meanwhile, Disney was looking for new shows to air on "One Saturday Morning", and Jim took them up on their offer.
>>
>>93129596
Here's the sauce.

http://splitsider.com/2012/02/you-dont-know-doug-part-two/
>>
>>93112990
CN
>>
>>93112990
Why is the picture of Jenny bleedman?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 300x168px
I will never tire of autists arguing about subjective things as though they are objective.
>>
>>93112990
CN is more consistent in quality, but the best shows of all happen to be on Nick.
>>
>>93114383
>Nickelodeon has the greater body of work, airs quite a bit of it too.
They air, like, 2 shows
>>
Nicktoons still a thing while Cartoon Cartoons was defunct and forgotten 14 years ago.
>>
File: 1492946502105.png (176KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
1492946502105.png
176KB, 500x536px
>>93116434
>Genndy is a good artis-
>>
>>93133524
>Nicktoons still a thing
Yeah they even have their own network were Nick puts all the shows they care most about on there
>>
>>93133579
I don't see anything wrong with those images besides the one meme smudge frame.
>>
>>93112990
Nick has had lower lows but higher highs. The only kids who liked CN more than Nick were also the ones who "played Pokemon with nothing" on the playground and got bullied and eventually turned into bisexual furries. I know you're out here, fags.

>>93113003
Disney's cartoons were always just average and got drowned out by the shitty sitcoms only girls watched past the age of ten.
>>
Cartoon network used to hold the torch but with the recent shows they show it no longer has that spark
>>
File: Cruz Missile.gif (2MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cruz Missile.gif
2MB, 400x200px
>>93123155
This was a joke right?
>>
>>93115366
Courage and KND.

I considered Samurai Jack as "serious adult crap" based on appearances alone, at the time. And Billy and Mandy had snot-nosed Billy as a main character, which meant gross-out humour was imminent.
>>
>>93115366
If you think any of those but Samurai Jack is less than incredible you should probably off yourself immediately
>>
File: 81xHexI9rhL._SL1500_.jpg (130KB, 1500x1375px) Image search: [Google]
81xHexI9rhL._SL1500_.jpg
130KB, 1500x1375px
>>93114607
It was pretty shit m8.
>>
>>93123155
>calls any of those bad
>posts an image from capeshit with
sweat drops and anime faces: the show
>>
what's with the nickelodeon shills in this thread
>>
What's with the CN shills in this thread
>>
What's with the neutral shills in this thread?
>>
>>93112990
I'd say 90's nick and 90's CN were tied.
Recently, CN by a long shot
>>
>>93134432
odd, over here the kids who liked Nick were the one who got beaten-up
>>
>>93134996
>>93135015
samefag
>>
>>93114607
CatDog wasn't that great man. The only thing that wasn't shit was the theme song.

>constantly getting shit on by everyone
>same gimmick
>felt like a stale Odd Couple rehash
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
>- ••-• •-- / •-- •••• • -• / •-- •- - -•-• •••• •• -• --• / --- -• / ••-• •- --• ••• / -••• --- •-• -• / •• -• / ----- ----- •••
>>
>>93114487
Those were acquisitions though. If that's the case we should include Pet Alien and Johnny Test for CN
>>
>>93115633
What did he mean by this
>>
>>93112990
This is all pretty subjective, but I found that while Nickelodeon had a higher number of "watchable" shows overall, Cartoon Network had more of my all-time favorite shows.

CN has had some real turds, and the network definitely doesn't know how to treat a good show at the moment, but they've had so many shows I really genuinely loved, willing to explore the content in great detail and shelling out for box sets etcetera. The only Nick shows that ever got that reaction from me were Invader Zim and (I'm sorry to say it today) Danny Phantom.

I also prefer the 'atmosphere' of Cartoon Network as a channel. I always loved the bumps and the way their shows are treated as a connected group. Adult Swim is miles better than Nick @ Nite as well.
>>
>>93116642
>(CNReal
I'm still wondering how in the fuck that even happened
>Be named CARTOON network
>Cunt Execs: Oh fuck, we want to hop on the Disney and Nick train with 3dpd shows
>But we are named CARTOON network
>Dipshit Execs: I have an idea. Let's rebrand it to CN. No, it's not initials for CARTOON network. Just CN.And then we can append Real to it, to show that CN also has 3dpd shows.
>Assholes: GENIUS!
Shortly afterwards...
>Dumbass execs:W-what happened? Why is no one interested in our 3dpd shows?
>voice of reason: people watch CARTOONS network for CARTOONS! And our futile attempts to rebrand the channel wont work because kids aren't retarded and are capable of memory.
>Fuckwad execs: But what do we do? We got rid of all our animators so we could hire more actors and props!
And thus Chowder and Flapjack were born.
>>
>>93136689
both FlapJack and Chowder were already airing when CN Real was launched

> Chowder
premiered on November 2, 2007

> The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
premiered on June 5, 2008

> CN Real
Launched on June 17, 2009

KNOW YOUR SHIT
>>
>>93136896
Wow that's really weird because I only remember seeing those shows post CNReal.
Must be because I stopped watching TV as much and replaced it with internet.
>>
>>93136896
this kinda makes me realize that there were no new cartoons launched by CN during 2009, the year CN Real launched
they seriously intended to get rid of the cartoons
Good thing Adventure Time came along
>>
>>93112990
Animation: Cartoon Network > Nickelodeon > Toon Disney
Live Action: Nickelodeon > Disney Channel > CN Real
>>
Nick. Not even fucking close. You have the legendary 9:

Doug
Rugrats
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko
Hey Arnold
Angry Beavers
Spongebob
Zim

Then you have a lot of great second-tier stuff:

Real Monsters
Kablam
As Told By Ginger
Fairly Oddparents
Teenage Robot
Danny Phantom
Korra
Loud House

And if you include live action stuff Nick rapes CN without lube. I'm assuming you're not including live action stuff.
>>
>>93123462
>read between the lions
Watched it a lot in elementary school, really was a great show, had a crush on the lion mom. Cliff hanger was the funniest shit to me back then.
>>
Cartoon Network by a country mile.

Don't get me wrong, Rocko, Rugrats and Spongebob (especially Spongebob) are classics. Avatar for a brief season was pretty damn special too.

Buuuuuuuuuut that's about all she wrote. Ren & Stimpy is important historically but judged on its own merits it wasn't altogether anything that good outside of a few early episodes. Cartoon Network had Space Ghost Coast to Coast, PPG, Dexter's Lab, Courage, Samurai Jack, Adventure Time, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Toon Heads and fucking Toonami which by itself may be the single greatest contributor to anime's lasting influence in American culture. Where the fuck would nerd culture be today if DBZ hadn't gotten its grummy little paws stuck in millions of nine year olds minds every afternoon for years? Do I even need to mention Adult Swim which has been the defacto headquarters for stoner and underground humor on television for more than a decade (that in addition to its own contributions to anime culture here in the states namely Bebop)? Cartoon Network may not always have the best stuff and its had some droughts but taken altogether it fucking demolishes Nick as far as animation goes.
>>
>>93137356

If Cartoon Network gets its anime acquisitions, Nick gets its live action stuff.

Then you've got You Can't Do This On Television, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Clarissa, Pete and fucking Pete, Alex Mack, Animorphs, Caitlin's Way, Roundhouse, Space Cases, Double Dare, Guts, Legends Of The Hidden Temple, All That, Kenan and Kel...
>>
Until about 2016 Nick was more popular than CN in Russia.
>>
>>93137505
but anyway cn sucks
>>
File: Me looking at something I love.jpg (58KB, 960x684px) Image search: [Google]
Me looking at something I love.jpg
58KB, 960x684px
>>93137476
Clarissa Explains It All was a huge part of my childhood.
I loved that show.
Full DVD release with correct colors when?
The Season 1 DVD set had a nasty red tint.
I still love that show to this day and even when I was a kid as well as when I was a teenager.
Really great goldmine for reaction images and filename pics too, especially when I'm going to /vr/.

Also, I am not really sure on which network I loved the most both as a child and as an adult, Deschannel Famicom-senpai.
>>
>>93137476

Mmm, I was trying to keep it animation. I've never argued Nick didn't have a better record with live action (obviously) even if after a point it pretty much just became a vessel whatever random pop star they wanted to prop up. With that being said i'll give you Pete and Pete, You Can't Do This on Television and Double Dare as classics Nick introduced but the rest aren't really anything to write home about. Even as a kid I found Animorphs unwatchable and All That/Kenan and Kel are better known as those shows Kennan was on before Saturday Night Live. Alex Mack, Caitlin's Way, Roundhouse and Sapce Cases aren't even ringing a bell. I remember a show that was set entirely in a summer camp and that's about it as far as live action 90's Nick outside the already mentioned...that shitty game show where kids stood in front of green screens and tried to play video games.
>>
>>93120789
>>93120864
Apparently it wasn't just the fans who didn't realize it, given that there's still no DVD release.
>>
>>93137315
>Doug
>As Told By Ginger
>"good"

this alone makes your opinion objectively wrong
>>
File: 2535657658.jpg (10KB, 162x238px) Image search: [Google]
2535657658.jpg
10KB, 162x238px
>>93114187
>Above average cartoons that are better than anything CN has ever fielded.
>Catdog better than samurai jack
>>
>>93112990
Cartoon Network, by virtue of Billy & Mandy, KND, and Ed, Edd n Eddy. Also Flapjack and Chowder.
>>
>>93138174
Catdog wasn't being referred to in that post though. Samurai Jack was a big fat mess anyway.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-10-29-17h32m33s195.png (389KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-10-29-17h32m33s195.png
389KB, 640x480px
>>93117461
EEnE > Spongebob
>>
At this moment, they're both same.

Back then, it's still hard to say. Nick at more content variety, but CN was focused purely on cartoons, creating more consistency.
>>
>>93123462
>>93137353
>read between the lions
That was the most boring show on any network mentioned here.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 358x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 358x398px
>>93137356
>Do I even need to mention Adult Swim which has been the defacto headquarters for stoner and underground humor on television for more than a decade
It definitely needs to be mentioned but not in the plus column
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 800x800px
>>93139830
Nice bait
>>
>>93118044
What bad capeshit?
>>
File: 00r.png (222KB, 443x327px) Image search: [Google]
00r.png
222KB, 443x327px
>>93139830
100% correct.
>>
>>93112990
Nick has a better peak but CN hasn't produced as much garbage.
>>
>>93121610
Disney Doug>Nick doug
Fight me
>>
>>93120709
>hes an idiot because he doesnt want to go to jail
>>
>>93140849
TTG PPG
>>
>>93141599
he's a nigga
he'll end-up in jail one way or another
could have had at least some fun before the inevitable
>>
>>93127128
You mean the same Warner that owns CN?
>>
>>93141773
Enjoy your ban from the SJW mods
>>
>>93116819
>>93116825
>>93116875

Yin Yang Yo aired on Jetix/Disney XD (at least here in the States)
>>
>>93141464
k
>>
>>93112990
It's not a matter of stating which one has produced more genuine work, but rather one of counting which one has shit out more low quality content.
>CN negatives
CN Real (all of it)
the Annoying Orange show
Problem Solvers
Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
Johnny Test
Almost Naked Animals
Out of Jimmy's Head
Out of JImmy's Head: The Movie
The Powerpuff Girls (2016)

total: 13 shitty shows, and one shitty movie

>Nick negatives
Bunsen Is a Beast
The Thundermans
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn
Henry Danger
Make It Pop
Game Shakers
School of Rock
The Other Kingdom
Legendary Dudas
Hunter Street
Action League Now!
All Grown Up!
Spongebob (Post-Movie)
Fairy Godparents (Post-Flanderization)
Danny Phantom (season 3)
Planet Sheen
Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
Monsters vs. Aliens
Rabbids Invasion
iCarly
True Jackson, VP
Big Time Rush
Fred: The Show
Fred: The Movie
Fred: The Movie 2
Fred: The Movie 3
Marvin Marvin
Total: 24 shitty shows, and 3 movies
>>
>>93141963
still waiting
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>93120390
Better slice of life than anime

Oskar was the biggest influence in creating Japan's NEET culture
>>
>>93137315
Angry Beavers is the worst show on either network
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>93135252
>>
>>93112990
Cartoon Network. Nick reached its lowest point when Spongebob started dragging. Also Dan the Man and his pedo bakery aren't helping. What really gets me is how they cancelled Harvey Beaks, more specifically the WAY they cancelled it. Cartoon Network had a crazy amount of variety at one point. Some time ago this was the channel you could watch Goosebumps and anime on the same day.
>>
>>93145761
McVeigh did nothing wrong
>>
>>93146004
Goosebumps was maximum comfy
>>
>>93146967
Goosebumps sucked
>>
>>93139351
This is such an unbelievably obvious underage post
>>
>>93126614
ignoring the fact that if you try to defend anything on /co/ you're a bait-taking moron who's actively helping make the board worse by encouraging baitposters
>>
Nickelodeon and it's not even debatable
>>
>>93147354
You're such an unbelievably obvious nigger.
>>
>>93120525
>Most people also formed their opinions when they were 10
Yeah, and they were fucking stupid opinions. Why do you think that absolutely no country allows ten year olds to vote? Or why no government consults the learned ten year old intellectuals on their opinions. Because their opinions are shit.

And if you haven't had your opinions change since you were ten, you might honestly be autistic.
>>
>>93117699
In the toilet because all it did was repeat the same formula.
>Mordecai and Rigby try to get out of work/other commitment
>Try half-assing it using disingenuous means
>Disingenuous means wind up causing absurd catastrophies
>It's fixed, Benson yells at them to clean up the mess or they're fire.
Rinse and repeat. Even overarching plots became formulaic because it was all about Mordecai failing at girls.
>>
>>93112990
I like how out of place Jenny is with her channel's other characters.
>>
>>93148560
The point is the ed edd and eddy fags formed their opinion about it when they were 10 just like the anon who hated it.
>>
>>93123155
They had boob physics in TT? Wtf
>>
>>93144855
Shit taste
>>
I grew up poor so I didn't see much of either.
Arthur and yugioh, then as a teen King of the hill, simpsons, futurama
This was my shit growing up
>>
>>93144855
>I'm a pussyboy trap that voted for Hillary and browses furry posts on /b/
ftfy
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.