[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does he not have his own book?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 49b7ebb4b73394d32e3651169e02952d.jpg (110KB, 736x1120px) Image search: [Google]
49b7ebb4b73394d32e3651169e02952d.jpg
110KB, 736x1120px
>inb4 Doom 2099 & Infamous

Seriously now:

>Breakout star of the book that spawned him
>Super-Genius
>Master Sorcer
>Ruler of a country
>Bros with Namor & Loki
>Sometimes campy sometimes terrifying
>Always bad-ass

How can you not jump on this? Just having him govern Latveria, getting in fights with Symkaria and Dracula, exterminating Werewolf dens at his borders, sacrificing demons to other demons, etc, etc. Doom's a gold mine and nobody's up on it...
>>
>>93108955
Because he works better as an antagonist, no matter how hard Doomfags want him to succeed.

Also yes, Infamous.
>>
>>93108955
do you reeally want him struggling with his sexuality or whatever mahvel will make?
>>
>>93108963
Not really. I mean, where's the problem in dealing with Symkaria wanting to over his land? Doom 2099 run for 30+ issues and it worked. Why not a regular title?
>>93108966
Worst case scenario they'll make him an asexual who gets off by having sex slaves or some shit. I don't think they'd go that far though, desu.
>>
Friendly reminder thta Mark Waids sucks donkey balls.
>>
>>93108955
Because of Doom fanboys. They'll bitch if he does anything villainous, they'll bitch if he's in any sort of danger, and they'll bitch if he doesn't win all the time (not that it matters because they'll just headcanon up some reason why it's actually a win anyways or flat out ignore it).

>>93108988
Why would anyone want to take over Latveria? It's tiny, landlocked, almost all of its infrastructure and industry is designed to require the input of Dr. Doom to function, and without the constant supervision of robots and secret police with a low threshold of lethal force it immediate turns into a starving shithole?
>>
File: Doom.jpg (263KB, 1186x850px) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
263KB, 1186x850px
Somebody posted this in the last DOOM thread, and somebody else said it needed updating. What would you update it with, /co/?
>>
>>93108955
Is Doom Marvel's Batman? A guy that has to win always and its fanbase is a bunch of casual cunts strawmen?
>>
>>93111641
>comparing Doomfags to Batfags

I get where you're coming from, they both whine when their character isn't portrayed as the strongest thing ever, but Batman has a much more larger casual fanbase, meaning you see Batfag shit everywhere out in person. If he did have such a widespread fanbase he would have had a good movie representation by now.

But to answer OP's question it's because Fox still has the movie rights, and it seems like Marvel considers most of Fantastic Four's IP's "dead" at the moment because of it
>>
He has an opening going right now, Infamous Ironman, sadly, it's written by Bendis so I can understand why OP had no idea about it
>>
File: Damage Control issue 2.jpg (228KB, 1598x740px) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control issue 2.jpg
228KB, 1598x740px
>>93111239
>>
>>93111239
Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF, his appearances in Hickman's New Avengers, and Hickman's Secret Wars.
>>
>>93114460
OH! And the two issue AXIS tie-in arc for Avengers World where Doom puts together his own Avengers team.
>>
>>93111641
>Doom always has to win
>has been defeated on multiple occasions by Reed, Spider-Man and Squirrel Girl
Okay anon, I belive you
>>
>>93115367
A doombot.
>>
>>93114460
Hickman's stories are to Doom what "Act of God" is to Batman.

>>93115367
>Implying Doom doesn't somewhat accomplishes what he wanted all along when he "loses" against Reed
>Implying "Squirrel Girl wins every battle" isn't a joke (and a bad one)
>Implying that every other occasions where Doom loses aren't quickly retconned as "it was just a Doombot"

Doomfags aren't better than Batfags at all. They can eve be worse.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.