[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people just seemingly forget this exists after Korra came out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0428.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px)
IMG_0428.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
Why did people just seemingly forget this exists after Korra came out?
>>
>>93106208
>has threads every day
>forgotten
>>
They didn't, a lot of discussion about Korra involves how shitty it handled everything TLA did.
>>
>>93106208
is that an official promo image?
everyone looks weirdly off-model
>>
Because Aang was a little pussy and Korra, when she wasn't whining and being annoying, was much cooler
>>
>>93106208
I never forgot. In fact I get so fucking hype when I find out that a friend of mine hasn't seen it yet, cause then I get to watch it again with fresh eyes
>>
File: 1494846956642.png (415KB, 494x489px) Image search: [Google]
1494846956642.png
415KB, 494x489px
>>93106208
Because Korra, the series' successor so completely and totally annihilated the value of everything we learned about the characters, the history, and the world that Korra is more interesting to talk about than ATLA, just because of how it either
>Was so successful at destroying the legacy of the original series
>Was a complete failure at paying homage to it

Opinions on ATLA differ a bit, but there is some consensus there.

But I don't think we, no matter how much it is discussed will ever successfully pin down how and what went wrong with Korra.
>>
>>93106303
I think it's just season 1 models. It grew more anime the more it progressed.
>>
>>93106465
Is Avatar our Star Wars then? When's it getting bought out by people who want to make it good again?
>>
>>93106315
I agree Aang was a little shit, but all his companions were top tier characters.
>>
>>93106315
>when she wasn't whining and being annoying
I must have missed all those episodes
>>
>>93106208
The fuck? People compared it to Korra constantly.
>>
>>93106315
>>93106513

A kid being immature and conflicted over a situation of unimaginable pressure, not only because of the chance of failure, but almost as bad as what he'd have to do if he succeeded. and while, I'm sure we'd all end up making the decision to end Ozai (lgnoring lion turtle here, which was probably just an executive decision by the network), I don't think that any of us, (who probably don't hold nearly as great a value over human life as Aang or the air nomads) would make the decision so easily, and accept such a responsibility without hesitation, especially at that age.
>>
How new are you OP?
>>
>>93106208
Why does OP think posting lies qualifies as legitimate bait?
>>
I just finished Korra not to long ago.

I actually really like Seasons 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 took a nosedive off a cliff. I legit do not remember anything at all about Season
3 aside from the airbender bad guy. Season 4 started off promising, but then barely went anywhere.Also, WHAT THE FUCK WAS WITH THE FINAL 10 SECONDS??? I don't give two shits if those characters are gay,
but when the fuck did they connect like that?
How are we supposed to know these two characters, both of whom dated a man in the show, were actually bisexual or lesbian?
Am I crazy or did they literally not even drop a single hint that they were attracted to each other?
>>
File: 1496970340814.gif (335KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496970340814.gif
335KB, 320x218px
>>93106753
Of course, they weren't attracted to each other, they just realized they'd grow old and alone if they didn't get together.

Also
>liking season 2
How dare you post such a bad opinion on this online pro-bending simulator.
>>
>>93106829
Why do people not like Season 2? I thought it was entertaining enough. Focusing on the spirit bridge elements of the the Avatar seemed like a good direction and I loved the Water Tribe Businessman character. The emo twins were kinda cool too. Visually the spirit world was neat. I like it.
>>
>>93106875
What piss off people the most is the "Kaiju Korra".
>>
>>93106875
In two episodes it shattered most of the Avatar lore, by the end of the season the Avatar as it previously existed was no more, the resolution made almost no sense at all following the logic of the season itself, literally the most boring villain I can be bothered to remember.

The depiction of the Spirit was so starkly different from it was in the original series for no reason, the Spirit designs weren't even mildly comparable to the original series and ruined the theme of spirits as beings attached to nature. It was completely unfaithful to the source material.

Korra was still and unlikable cunt for no reason at all.
>>
I never forgot, I compared the two all the time
>>
>>93106508
Sounds like you want Disney to extend its tentacles.
>>
>>93106753
>Am I crazy or did they literally not even drop a single hint that they were attracted to each other?
They sort of did (Korra blushing at an Asami compliment, her being the only person she writes to) but it looked more like shipper bait than actual proper setup.

Good on you for not liking season 3 though, this shit is overrated to all fuck by all the proto-anarchist kiddies who identify with the villains' motivations.
>>
>>93106508
>When's it getting bought out by people who want to make it good again?

If it ever gets bought then better hope that whomever buys it will be more succesful in making it great again than Disney was with SW.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.