[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a cartoon ever made you cry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: mothersimpson5.jpg (34KB, 622x477px) Image search: [Google]
mothersimpson5.jpg
34KB, 622x477px
Has a cartoon ever made you cry?
>>
>>93105673
Once.
>>
File: Homer Stargazing.jpg (224KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
Homer Stargazing.jpg
224KB, 1680x945px
>>93105673
Here's the wallpaper version.

>>93105844
Oh please, she sucked. Barely even remotely relevant to the story and a shitty deus ex machina for jack.
>>
>>93105926
The only shitty writing was at the finale. All that build up and hints saying Jack would stay in the future to undo Aku's evil was just tossed to the wayside for a shitty Gurren Lagann ending that left a bad taste in pretty much everyone's mouths, both shipfags and haters alike.
>>
>>93105673
>>
>>93105844
>without aku, I would have never existed

*cries*
>>
>>93106043
No one can write romance these days without throttling back or making it feel like a crappy self insert.
>>
>>93105673
What episode is this? I keep seeing this picture posted but can't remember this scene.
>>
>>93106094
It's the episode where Homer tries to find his mom.
>>
>>93106113
I remember now. I didn't get emotional because I just found everything about her and that episode to be stupid. Guess I'm heartless.
>>
File: images.jpg (31KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31KB, 600x449px
For a thousand summers...
>>
>>93106149
Stale.
>>
>>93106145
Honestly SJ's finale was harder to watch mainly due to the fact that we literally see Ashi from her birth and watched her grow up, saw her suffer torturous training and a harsh childhood, seen her have a meaningful heel-face turn, and find love and happiness with someone like her. To see all that just thrown away for shock value and "muh bittersweet and deep ending" was absolute and utter bullshit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (54KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
54KB, 1440x1080px
>>
>>93106496
>>93105844
>Both series involved Greg Baldwin and Mako
Fucking hell
>>
>>93105997
Not really, the writing does a complete 180 turn into shittiness after episode 3, if anything the finale at least had Jack go back to the past like he should.
>>
Sure, and yours is a dumb question.
>>
Prince Zuko wishing to be struck by lightning made me cry
Iron Giant before hitting the nuke
and that Samurai Jack episode with the robot trying to save his dog
>>
File: Seymour.gif (362KB, 256x184px) Image search: [Google]
Seymour.gif
362KB, 256x184px
>>93105673
Yes
>>
>>93107007
>Prince Zuko wishing to be struck by lightning
Fucking emo faggot.
>>
>>93107138
God, I hate this shit so much. Any idiot can write about a dog dying and make you cry yet people jerk themselves off over this episode so much. Luck of the Fryrish is the superior story by far
>>
>>93107175
>Luck of the Fryrish is the superior story by far
this
>>
I cry a lot due to nostalgia feelings, but I'm pretty sure they're not because of sadness.
>>
Samurai jack's ending was incredible and sad..mainly because now there is only garbage left on CN
>>
>>93105673
Futurama.
>>
File: 1494574160105.jpg (275KB, 818x842px) Image search: [Google]
1494574160105.jpg
275KB, 818x842px
>courage with the hunchback
>courage risking his life to save bunny
>courage's origins
>dr zalost
>Eustace seeing himself in the mirror
>>
>>93105673
Season 3 finale of pastel donkeys because I'm a faggot.
>>
>>93107007
>Prince Zuko wishing to be struck by lightning made me cry
I'm not the crying type, but I'm glad to know that this scene stirred an emotional response in someone else.
>>
>>93105673
I'M A GOOFY GOOBER, YEAH
>>
>>93107575
This. I was still a little boy when I first saw this and remembered this was the first time I *almost* cried to a cartoon. David Hasselfoff made up for it later though
>>
>>93107175
They both made me cry.
>>
>>93105673
The last episode of, over the garden wall.
>>
>>93107175
it really wasnt the dog "dying" that made it sad

it was the fact the dog waited for him every single day until death, and fry opted not to revive the dog because he was told the dog lived until a healthy old age so he assumed the dog lead a happy dog life that made it sad. its not even the only time the show did something like that. it constantly went back and showed his family and friends missing him, and each time it was just as much of a punch in the face as jurassic bark. the only difference is, fry usually had some kind of sign that they had missed him with everything else. there wasnt jack dick for him to see how the dog reacted to his disappearance.

the only thing that made it okay was that shitty retcon where his clone went back in time and got to live out a long and healthy life with the dog. you cant just drop a heavy load like that in a show thats supposed to be comedy oriented without any warning its just rude

>inb4 u mad
nah im just genuinely working out why people treat it like its such a big deal so that even i can see it written out desu
>>
>>93107007
Superman...
>>
Actually, Phineas and Ferb made me cry a few times. The songs in particular.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.