[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 7Ixs6ulRmw0LcOycvk8z7TidVeM.jpg (881KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
7Ixs6ulRmw0LcOycvk8z7TidVeM.jpg
881KB, 1280x1920px
SOME
>>
Goddamn orge ruined everything.
>>
>>93104521
What a piece of cape shit!
>>
This movie is still better than like 98% of superhero movies to come out since.
>>
>>93104521
BODY
>>
>>93104521
TOLD
>>
the bowler is such a cool concept for a superhero it's one of those things you wish you'd thought of first
>>
>>93104521
This film came out too early...if this was released in the past five years, this would have been hella popular.
>>
>>93106965
They should do a flaming carrot flick, I never understood stood why mystery men was done instead of that, maybe it was just too surreal
>>
Possibly directed by Tim Burton?
>>
>>93107093
No
>>
>>93106965
I dunno.

Capt. Amazing would probably have people crying "they ripped-off tiger and bunny!"
>>
what is this
>>
>>93108654
It parodied superhero movies at a time when hardly any had been made already.

It was at least a decade too early.
>>
>>93106965
I dunno, the whole Ben Stiller era humor hasn't aged too well imo.

>>93107148
That's way too niche for anyone to care.
>>
>>93104521

people call me the space cowboy
>>
>>93108682
>hardly any had been made already.
It's from 1999, not 1980.
>>
>>93108702
The movies themselves are still good, it's Ben Stiller himself who's having trouble keeping up.
>>
>>93108702

>I dunno, the whole Ben Stiller era humor hasn't aged too well imo.

The Cable Guy hold up way better then like 80% of Carrey's other movies.
>>
>>93108727
Kind of a problem when he's front and center in so many movies and the characters he plays seem tailor-made for him.
>>
Wasn't there another one that came out around the time this did? A group of low budget heroes living in a house that only got called when the main heroes of the town were busy.
>>
>>93108744
That's not exactly what I meant, more things like Zoolander or Dodgeball (or Mystery Men) where his character being a dense fuck is basically the joke.
He did better when toning that shit down.
>>
>>93104521
Wait a minute. Wasn't there a chomper stuffed animal from The Land Before Time in this?
>>
It's weird how this film had such a bizarre cast ranging from Geoffrey Rush to Kel Mitchell, like they were trying to front-load things and convince people it was an ensemble production. And it was going out into uncharted waters. Look at the superhero parody moves which came out before this. Darkman. Meteor Man. Motherfucking Blankman. And superhero teams weren't a top-grossing idea at all back then, since this was a year before X-Men. They knew going in that this film wouldn't be a smash success.
>>
>>93108773

Never mind found it. Called the specials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMvv924Gks
>>
>>93108798

>It's weird how this film had such a bizarre cast ranging from Geoffrey Rush to Kel Mitchell

That's just late-90's/early-00's casting in general. It was a weird time for movies.

>Darkman

That's not really a parody, more just Raimi being mad that he couldn't make The Shadow and doing his donut steel version.
>>
>>93108821
Is it any good? Trailer isn't exactly selling me on it.
>>
>>93108860

>Is it any good? Trailer isn't exactly selling me on it.

It's funny, but it has a budget of about twelve dollars, so adjust your expectations accordingly.

It's like a less weird version of the live-action Tick TV show.
>>
>>93108725
Hey, Spawn was kind of ok. Movies like Catwoman or Elektra fit the list more
>>
>>93108881
Okay, thanks for the info.
>>
>>93108910
Not my list, just grabbed something off googling "90s superhero movies" (which I'm pretty sure Jonah Hex isn't).
Yeah Spawn's not that bad.
>>
>>93108725
So bummed that Jonah's movie was such a stinker. How could they fuck up such a simple concept?
>>
>>93108910
>>93108929

>Hey, Spawn was kind of ok
>Yeah Spawn's not that bad.

No shots, but you guys should go back and rewatch Spawn. That movie really doesn't fucking hold up once you're over the age of 16.
>>
>>93108860

It was basically super heroes on their day off. Them dealing with day to day life as heroes. It was good and kind of reminded my of great lakes avengers.
>>
>>93108947
It has some good elements, that's more than you can say about most 90s cape movies.
Spawn was always made for teenagers anyway.
>>
>>93108947
I really should rewatch it, some special effects are certainly dated but i think it's still fun. If you're talking about the edge factor, what did you expect, it's Spawn
>>
>>93108978

>It has some good elements, that's more than you can say about most 90s cape movies.

Yeah, fair enough. What are the good 90's cape movies?

>The Shadow
>The Rocketeer
>The Phantom(which is maybe a stretch, but I have a soft spot for it)
>Blade
>The Crow
>the first TMNT movie

>>93109005

The problem is it's not edgy enough, and I say this as someone who's never liked the character. It's not gruesome enough to appeal to fans of the comics, and as an actual movie it's just kind of boring.

That HBO series was a way better adaptation.
>>
>>93109047
I still like the Schumacher Batman films.
>>
>>93109063

Well, someone had to I guess.

I can appreciate the set design and the cinematography even if the dialogue and acting and storytelling makes me want to rip my own face off.
>>
>>93108821
Written by James Gunn, no less.
>>
>>93109076
I like campy Batman in general so it works for me.
>>
>>93109063
The Red Book fan cut of Forever KINDA gives the movie more decency, like they actually wrote something but for some reasons decided to left it out

Batman & Robin is too stupidly entertaining to hate it, based Arnold and all, remove Batgirl's boring-ass subplot and it's perfect
>>
>>93109093

Burton did the camp so much better though. It was weird and fucked-up camp, but I'll take that over whatever the fuck was going on in Batman & Robin.
>>
>>93109080
Nigga loves superheroes
>>
File: laqvs_batman_en_forme.jpg (142KB, 1024x592px) Image search: [Google]
laqvs_batman_en_forme.jpg
142KB, 1024x592px
>>93109112
I'm pretty sure the Burton movies weren't aiming for campy. You have to remember that pic related was the last live action version of Batman before Burton's.
>>
>>93109138
They still had his typical sense of humour
>>
>>93109047
>>The Shadow
>>The Rocketeer
>>The Phantom(which is maybe a stretch, but I have a soft spot for it)

These are still my favourite cape movies. I don't think The Phantom has anything to apologise for.

If these had been successful, cape movies might have developed differently with more of a pulp action-adventure focus. As it stands, only Captain America: The First Avenger and Wonder Woman followed the format.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.