[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catching up on DC multiverse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg (446KB, 2500x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg
446KB, 2500x1250px
So I've been following Marvel since I was a kid, but I never really got that into DC. But with all this Rebirth Watchmen whatever going on, I'm really interested in diving in, but I want to get caught up with all the reboots and resets and shit because the original Flash from the Golden Age showed up in a comic with modern Flash and I have no clue what the fuck is up with that.
Is it as simple as just reading all the Crisis stories? I really want to know.
>>
>>93096410
Okay anon the short and sweet list of the DC Universe goes like this.

Flash of Two Worlds
"Crisis on Earth-One!" and "Crisis on Earth-Two!"
Crisis on Infinite Earths

Then read a few post crisis comics, I suggest The Flash and Byrne's Superman.
Then you gotta do the Death of Superman and then Emerald Twilight which is the fall of Hal Jordan.

Then Zero Hour
Then Infinite Crisis.
Then 52, and then Final Crisis, then Flashpoint, then Multiversity, then Rebirth.
>>
>>93096797
Christ, thank you, this is exactly what I needed.
This info is like nowhere online.
So does all this cover exactly what the deal is with like the Golden Age and Silver Age characters both technically existing at the same time?
>>
>>93096870
Yes, but its in flux.

Flash of Two Worlds (a single issue story) and Crisis on Earth One/Two (a two issue two-parter) take place in the DC Multiverse before Crisis on Infinite Earths, in which all the Golden Age heroes exist on Earth 2 and all the Silver Age heroes exist on Earth 1 (and the Earth 2 characters' adventures are comics on Earth 1)

Post CoIE they tried to merge them all into one universe and their history is kind of vague.
Infinite Crisis then brings the multiverse back kind of sloppily, but only 52 earths, and the golden age characters are still part of the main earth continuity.
Then Final Crisis kills large swaths of the multiverse and leaves everything in a weird state of flux (its been awhile since ive read FC)

But Flashpoint + Multiversity + Rebirth (and technically Convergence, but dont read that because its really bad) bring back the multiverse and make it infinite again, but now there are just a "local" 52 parallel earths that Grant Morrison makes a map of, with the rest of the multiverse being unmapped.
The golden age characters have been hinted at, but are so far just making little cameo appearances like in that one Flash comic you mentioned in the OP. It SEEMS like they are still part of the main earth continuity, just erased by someone (probably Dr. Manhattan)
I included Death of Superman and Emerald Twilight because, while they arent big multiverse events, they are events that mange to become staples in the DC universe and more or less last through the reboots.
>>
>>93097068
>>93096870
oh and post Flashpoint there is a new Earth 2 with different, young versions of the Golden Age characters but they arent really important or very relevant. They also have some weird shit like Lois Lane as Red Tornado.
>>
>>93097068
wew lad ok
that makes sense I think, I guess I'll just get on it
Thanks a ton Anon, you are a man amongst men. You should put this up somewhere.
>>
>>93097130
No problem anon, I believe there are image macros out there with better lists than mine, but idk where to find them.

I just cover the bare bones essentials and try to exclude the bad stuff (like Countdown).

If you end up liking any of the characters you see, it is worth reading their post-crisis incarnations to get a feel for them.
Using a few batch torrents I found, and cross referencing some other lists people have put on various forums across the net, I've been putting together a single folder with every comic (more or less in chronological order) that is relevant to the big DC events.

Anything that ties into a CRISIS or any kind of universe impacting story, etc. and its fucking sprawling, but I love this kind of stuff. I hope to storytime the entire thing one day, I call it "The Fifth World Saga"

I'm just glad I could help, and get your interested. The DC Universe' best quality, in my opinion, is how far reaching and intertwined it is. Like its organic, or alive or something.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.