[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johns teasing Man of Steel 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

File: MoS2.png (356KB, 1080x1099px) Image search: [Google]
MoS2.png
356KB, 1080x1099px
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/873249002531287042
>>
>>93093597
I hope that Johns and Wheedon can save the movie.
>>
>>93093597
or Superman in JL
>>
>>93093597
Nah, he's teasing we aren't getting no more depressing snyder Superman anymore
>>
>>93093597
This Superman picture is pretty terrible.

He somehow looks more effeminate than menacing.
>>
File: geoff-johns-rings[1].jpg (89KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
geoff-johns-rings[1].jpg
89KB, 300x325px
>>93093597
>helped write the wonderwoman script
>everyone said it would be bad
>movie is actually good
Have /co/ apologized to the Cereal King yet? He's gonna make Dc movies great again.
>>
>>93093650
I have never doubted him
>>
>>93093650
>N-no it was all snyder!

Hell, have you noticed that his haters are usualy snydercucks?
>>
>>93093650
>Geoff Johns of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great flops! Welcome to the "Rebirthed DCEU"!
>>
>>93093685
It's gonna be funny seeing snyderfags try to give Snyder all the credit if Justice League is as well received as Wonder Woman.
>>
I dunno, the rumors I saw for JL (pre-Whedon reshoots anyways) indicate that Superfags will be cucked once more:

>Superman revived by big bad
>told Batman let Lois die in some event so he goes berserk (more Injustice circlejerk)
>kills everyone
>Flash goes back in time to tell Batman to save Lois (at one point he accidentally goes further back in time-- during BvS basically)
>>
>>93093597

Ice cream XD

>>93093650
>>helped write the wonderwoman script

Not the one that got used, that's why he didnt got a writing credit
>>everyone said it would be bad
Nothing to do with johns
>>movie is actually good
Nothing to do with johns either
>>
>>93093782
Sorry mate, but reports say that he rewrotte the shit on set. The same reports that spoilered the entire movie almost an year before it was out.

On the same way that Afleck had to rewritte all the Batman scenes on set.
>>
>>93093597
It's most probably his return on JL.
>>
... Or instead of jumping to that conclusion you can go with the much more obvious one that he's teasing Justice League, a movie that's already announced, coming out this year and has Superman in it.
>>
>>93093597
So, what's the list?
>>
>>93093650
Am I missing something here? Even with on set rewrites, movie success or failure should be attributed to the director, and then the editors, and then to anyone involved with writing the script.
>>
>>93093812
Reports mean shit, it doesn't matter what a rumor without a source says when Johns has been a shitty wonder woman writer all his career, never touched a ww comic if it wasn't part of a crossover, already got his batman script in the garbage, and more important he didn't got a writing credit. Hollywood is extremely anal and technical about writing credits. Stop your fantasy.

Also OP, this is about justice league. I hope this isn't a teaser for a trailer focused on Superman.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>93094303
I'd hazard a guess that it's all moments where Cavill doesn't say a word, and we are just "treated" to Snyder's Cinemakino.

(This ain't on the list)
>>
>>93093730
>revived by big bad
That doesn't make a lot of sense. The rising dirt/heartbeat at the end of BvS more implies that he's still alive, just comatose/healing/whatever.
>>
>>93094481
There's no reason to get mad at a retarded Johnsfag
>>93094202
Pretty much this
>>
File: 1496006942790.jpg (49KB, 479x435px) Image search: [Google]
1496006942790.jpg
49KB, 479x435px
>>93093597
>People complain death means nothing in Marvel
>DC kills off Superman in the second movie and aren't even pretending like they're not bringing him back.
>>
>>93094481
>Reports mean shit, it doesn't matter what a rumor without a source says

The reports got everything about the plot of the movie right.

> when Johns has been a shitty wonder woman writer all his career

And Snyder is shit on everything outside of visuals, period. I believe more on the Rebirth guy than on him, after all, its not unherad of things like this happening and surprising us.
>>
>He saved Wonder Woman!
>He totally didn't have anything to do with Green Lantern!
>He saved DC comics with Rebirth
>He totally didn't have anything to do with the New 52

Johns fans.
>>
>>93094604
>>He totally didn't have anything to do with Green Lantern!
But they didn't use his GL script
>>
>>93094698
Just like they didn't use a script written by him in WW. If you ever read any comic written by him, featuring WW, you'd realize he didn't wrote shit, except for that fucking ice cream scene and maybe some other little thing or two.
>>
>>93094739
WW was one of the best parts of his JL run
>>
>>93094759
Said no one ever.
The only person who wrote a good Diana during the whole New 52 was Azzarello, regardless of whether you like what he did with her mythos or not.
>>
>>93093597
#1: Superman's return. Guaranteed.
>>
>>93094759
His run was shit and his wondy was good only in amazo virus.

>>93094698

Parallax and sinestro were all johns, he only cared about making sure the sequel was based on his work to get royalty money

>>93094550
It's bullshit someone said after we got a picture of Cavill and Flash on set.

A more logical thing is that the new gods reactivate his body, mindcontrol. and that Lois is needed to make him snap back, at somemoment flash WILL fight with clark, but he won't be using the superman suit.

That "rumor" is bullshit based on BvS and one picture on set. The Flash/aquaman/wondy images in the trailer looks more like a rescue mission

>>93094574
You still don't get it. Either his contribution was irrelevant beyond consulting just like you claim he was in GL or he would be credited. It's that simple.
>>
>>93094854
Is Afleck credited after rewritting all of his part on Batman?

Or RDJ after improvising almost all of his dialogue on IM?
>>
>>93094759
Wondy was an absolute retard in Darkseid war. She was fine on Amazo but was pretty much a mouth piece about how much we should like Lex by Johns, and before that it was just murder bitch
>>
>>93094896
I'm telling you, just go and check how it work. You are being a retard. Changing dialogue isn't the same as changing the story.

>A "non-original screenplay" is a screenplay that is "based upon source material and all other screenplays" that do not qualify as original screenplays, such as sequels.[9]In the case of a non-original screenplay, any writer who contributes more than 33% of the screenplay is entitled to "screenplay by" credit. There is no heightened percentage for production executives.
>>
Why do Snyder fags hate Johns so much?

Can't you handle a bit of positivity that this guy brings in?

Look at what he did by cracking the whip in the DC comics organization. What makes you think he can't do that with WB DCEU?
>>
>>93095304
>Why do Snyder fags hate Johns so much?
What if you hate both, because they're just two sides of the same stupid coin?
>>
>>93095304
Not a single post in this thread was defending snyder. Moreimportant you ignore every argument that was presented, just read the post above yours

>>93094976
>>
>>93094821
The Finches and Soule are low bars to clear. Azz's run was fun but it will only be missed by a few
>>
Man of Steel 2 is going to be an adaptation of Superman/Shazam:First Thunder with a touch of the Rise of Black Adam.
They're gonna fight Black Adam so the Rock finally gets to do something.
>>
>>93093650
Actually it was Snyder who insisted on having Steve Trevor and also Snyder who insisted on Diana being the pure hero since she doesn't carry baggage with her.

If I had to "thank" the cereal god, I would thank him for ruining the DC animated movies with his stupid New52 Justice League shit. We already know how a Geoff JL movie is. Protip: It was crap.

Then after 5 years of one of the worst JL runs ever, he blames Alan Moore and says he is going to save the comics (to be fair he did, rebirth was good, but he was saving us from a fire he started)
>>
>>93094548
It's a good list:

-first flight
-sacrificing himself
-rooftop with lex
-interrogation room with Lois
-reporter scenes in bvs
>>
>>93095503
This has been a thing for a long time, at least since 2013. I remember reading this rumor when MoS came out, since it was the only way to justify having the rock on a movie before the Shazam movie is out.
>>
>>93095431
Regardless of whether or not Johns has impacted the DCEU or not. That is debatable, the positivity he brings is a welcoming change, no?

That's my point. Not whether or not he impacted or not.
>>
>>93095520
Montage/call to mom is the best superman
>>
>>93095594
Yeah, when I was reading flash I always wanted Barry to lose his mom. Or when I was reading crisis on infinite earth I always felt like Superboy could use more blood on his hands.
>>
>>93095647
Seems like I need to make this clearer for retards who don't seem to understand.

People from the outside view Johns in a positive light, while the rest of the DCEU is frowned upon, the one thing the media and the narrative can agree upon is that Johns influence is positive. It has nothing to do with his story telling, or his impact. It's the fact that his involvement is seen as a positive influence.

Do you fucking retards understand yet?
>>
>>93095520
Honestly my favourite bit is him saving Lex from Doomsday. The guy killed a ton of people, blackmailed him, threatened and humilliated his mother, and superman saves him without second thought. It's perfect.
>>
>>93095730
>Do you fucking retards understand yet?
Of course they understand. They are just being cunt for the sake of being cunt.
>>
>>93095600
As poor as dceu pa is, they perfected the Martha Kent/Clark relationship IMO

"YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER?!"
>>
>>93094303
>>93094548
>>93095520
> First Flight
> Taking DD into space & taking a nuke without hesitation.
> Final Sacrifice in Bvs
> Him thanking Lois while waiting for Faora.
And for me...
> "Krypton had it's chance'
>>
>>93096625
DCEU Pa isnt a poor character, he is just more human and flawed than we have seen in the comics, which makes him a perfect man in every way.
>>
I can't wait until Superman is a happy superhero again
>>
>>93096866
>he's flawed
>so he's perfect
>because he told his preteen son that he should have considered letting a bus of children drown in a river
Hey-yo fuck this reasoning
>>
>>93095502
I'm counting Johns too.
>>
>>93095594
>the positivity he brings
Do Johns fans really think like this?
>>
>>93096908
THAT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER.
He said "maybe" in desperation to get his point across, he looked like he was going to throw up as he said it.
>>
Christ I saw Wonder Woman today and it was good, but it game me the feelings a Superman movie should give me.
>>
>>93095730
>People from the outside view Johns in a positive light
Nobody gives a shit about Johns, except comic book fans, and nobody involved in the movies give a shit about them.
>>
>>93096997
Felt the same way.
Enjoying it as much as I did was bittersweet, because it made me wish I could have been able to feel the same way about MoS.
>>
>>93096984
You realize it's shitty writing when all of this could've been avoided with a simple "I don't know". It also makes him sound more vulnerable, and helps people to relate to him because we wouldn't know how we would act if we had a kid with superpowers either.
>>
>>93097043
It was a superhero film, with a superhero acting like a superhero. Who would've thought that could work?
>>
>>93093650
[Citation needed]
>>
File: Jenkins Cheesiness.jpg (146KB, 1198x650px) Image search: [Google]
Jenkins Cheesiness.jpg
146KB, 1198x650px
>>93097092
Bless Patty Jenkins.
>>
Cavill appreciation thread?
>>
>>93097063
>"I don't know"
Or even
>"Of course not, but you need to be more aware of the people around you. If you're going to do stuff like this, you can't let them see you because it might scare them."
Like so much of the movie, there are great conceptual ideas that were just poorly executed compared to how they otherwise could have been.
>>
>>93097774
>>
File: BVSDoJ_Superman_003_Sm.png (2MB, 1681x1742px) Image search: [Google]
BVSDoJ_Superman_003_Sm.png
2MB, 1681x1742px
Soon.jpg
>>
File: 0609171336.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0609171336.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I was in Walmart earlier today....
>>
>>93095518
>Source: My asshole
>>
>>93093597
Why the fuck is every picture of DCEU Supes him looking EDGY as fuck?
>>
>>93093782
He didn't get a writing credit because he's not actually a member of the WGA and they have really weird rules about credit and shit. Plus he was probably just being good guy Johns and letting Snyder keep his credit to save him some face.
>>
>>93095304
>Mistakenly in the past I think the studio has said, ‘Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that’s what makes them different.’ That couldn’t be more wrong.
Johns is the antithesis of everything Snyderfags love.
>>
>>93093782
Directly from Patty's AMA
>I think Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story, and then Geoff and I worked super closely to work on the script and the story and Zack was a great producer, but creatively they gave me the reins.
>>
Isn't that just referring to his upcoming part in JL
>>
>>93099720
Whedon will make him smile
>>
File: 1496864801718.gif (719KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496864801718.gif
719KB, 480x320px
>>93093650
>be GL fag
I never doubted him.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.