[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 161

File: 23345644.jpg (251KB, 906x605px) Image search: [Google]
23345644.jpg
251KB, 906x605px
Which was worse?
>>
>>93093067
Created Equal was just hilariously bad, and it gets pretty forgettable after the jar of superjizz. Act of God was actively infuriating all the way through.
>>
>>93093067
The Jar of Superjizz will always triumph Batwanking.
>>
>>93093360

What did Batman do?
>>
>>93093443
Actually nothing, it's everyone else that gets treated like shit.
>>
Are they storytime of pain material? We've got that shit coming up.
>>
>>93093456
This. The entire comic is pretty much the JL going: "Oh me gerd, what i'm supposed to do now that i have no pewers!" Then they suck Batman's dick because the writer was a huge batfag.
>>
>>93093482
Both of them are. One is hilariously stupid and the other is just infuriating.
>>
>>93093443
Every superhero becomes useless except Batman, and they all learn that Batman is the greatest hero who teaches them all to be better.

Also, Skull Grenades.
>>
>>93093482
Created Equal has been run before during it, I think last year
>>
>>93093528

ok but what did he do?
>>
File: act_of_god_phoenix_group.jpg (187KB, 638x1021px) Image search: [Google]
act_of_god_phoenix_group.jpg
187KB, 638x1021px
>>93093538
Basically everyone loses there powers for no reason. Everyone, including Ray Palmer who didn't have powers he shrank using tech, so by that theory batman's grappling gun shouldn't work either.

Superman becomes and alcoholic because his powers are gone and Lois leaves him. Even though hes lost his powers before and hes never turned to drinking.

some of the heroes turn to Batman to train them now because hes the best. Two of those people are Aquaman And J'onn, Aquaman cant breathe under water anymore even though that wasnt a power he was Atlantian, and J'onn basicly the same his "powers" were natural to martians.

it was just sloppy and bad
>>
>>93094041

Okay but what does that have to do with Batman? What did he do?
>>
>>93094060
the whole story bus basically to say heroes with powers are bad Batman with no powers is the best
>>
>>93094077

Well in a world without metas, people like Batman, Nightwing, Deathstroke, etc are pretty much on a level all their own, no? I'm not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>93094103
this is clearly bait but that's the point the story was written to make Batman look superior.
>>
>>93094041
>some of the heroes turn to Batman to train them now because hes the best. Two of those people are Aquaman And J'onn
>Aquaman
Isn't Arthur already experienced at fighting anyways? Why would he need Batman?
>>
>>93094184

How is it bait? Sounds like you're bitching about Batman for no reason when the real problem seems to be inconsistency in the plot or bad characterization. I read it a long time ago but all I remember Batman doing is training people.
>>
>>93094201
Because Batman is the best, and God was punishing all the heretics for being so arrogant as to have superpowers.

I mean for fuck's sake, Wonder Woman becomes a born again Christian.
>>
>>93094230
>Wonder Woman becomes a born again Christian.
What
WHAT

Who the fuck wrote this book?
>>
>>93094103
But the fact that every hero that had power becomes an absolute mess is better? Green Lantern spirals way out of control.

Again, it's just Batwanking because "Batman is the coolest cause he got no powers" bullshit.
>>
Taking away peoples superpowers doesn't make sense when it is natural for their species.

Just because they are greater than the abilities of a human being doesn't mean they are unnatural or out of the ordinary relative to their kind, this is like if there was a Gorilla and it was reduced to the strength level of a human being.
>>
>>93094256

Again, you're focusing on Batman here when he wasn't even in the story that much. He didn't save the day or anything, he just trained people. If you wanna complain about shoddy characterization that's fine, but I really don't get the focus on Batman.
>>
>>93094207
Because the writer pretty much says "All heroes are lame except Batman, because Batman is cool and edgy, while all other heroes are dependent on their powers and coast by life easily" And sure, maybe it wouldn't be bad on its own, but we're too used to so many writers who just hype up Batman and shit on every other hero.
>>
they never differentiate between powers based on science and meta powers. Kyle Raynors ring stops working and its based on advanced science in the end he gets killed by sonar bashing his head in with a rock
>>
>>93094310
You think Doug ever read a GL issue? He probably skimmed over Alan Scott's origin story and called it a day.
>>
>>93094291

Batman was hardly even a character in the book. He was a plot device.
>>
>>93094256
See that makes no sense, Green Lantern is a tech hero.

His ring is just super tech, if Steel wasn't affected then why would he be?
>>
>>93094077
But if people are losing powers they have from biology, shouldn't Batman lose his super intelligence and wealth?
>>
>>93094360
Steel was. He almost died.
>>
>>93094360
that's the point if Green Lanterns ring doesn't work and The Atoms belt doesn't then the batmobile and all of Batmans gadgets shouldn't either
>>
>>93093067
Act of God
>>
>>93094393
Steel wasn't affected, he died because he was one of the only heroes left and he got overwhelmed.

Speaking of Batwank the book also has Joker wank since he's the one in charge of the gang of villains up to ordering them all around, even though it includes Cyborg Superman who would crush him like an ant.
>>
>>93094393
I think that was my favorite that Steels armor stopped working how does that even make sense
>>
Unlike other superheroes, Batman didn't have it easy. He just happened to be born a handsome genius billionaire like everyone else.
>>
>>93094310

Sonar, who's sonic weapons kept working.

It was entirely arbitrary.
>>
act of god was the beginning of the ship Lois leaves superman,superman marrys wondy they have superkid
>>
it should have been called JLA:Act of Plot

if it suited the plot that you lost your powers it happend
>>
>>93094484
Superman / Wonder Woman shippers are terrible.

Its basically just mashing them together like action figures due to being the superpowered 'leading male' and 'leading female' of the series.

She's not much better with Batman either, still comes off as just an attempt to make her more relevant by throwing her on the dick of the more successful two out of the Trinity.
>>
>>93094522
I always felt it was a duo its batman and superman and then dc decided they want Wonder Woman to be bigger and they added her
>>
>>93094252
Earth 3 Bruce Timm
>>
>>93094522
>due to being the superpowered 'leading male' and 'leading female' of the series.
There's really nothing wrong with that line of thinking in principle. The prom king and queen rationale works for all sorts of characters and no one ever complains about them. I've come to realize that all the WonderSupes ship haters only hate the pair because of how Diana is written and nothing more.
>>
>>93094103
Don't forget that even heroes with powers had other kinds of training too, Wondie and Arthur were already good at close combat and i am pretty sure Superman had some training of his own

Another thing that bugs me is how they stopped trying once they lost their powers, they are not heroes just because they have powers, they also have this natural desire to want to help the others, i seriously doubt Supers or Wondie wouldn't find a way to adapt to their situation
>>
>>93094628
That dynamic would only work if Diana was anywhere near as strong as Supes.
>>
>>93094658

Okay? I'm by no means defending the shitty story. I'm saying the book really had very little to do with Batman and he's not the reason it sucked.
>>
>>93094628
Its hated because its fucking boring, even Wonderbat has the animated series as an excuse, shipping main male with main female and shipping the leftover protags with each other its lazy as fuck
>>
>>93094700
what your missing is that the whole reason the story was written is to drive home the fact that Batman is better
>>
File: oZT3SIc.jpg?1.jpg (171KB, 700x1074px) Image search: [Google]
oZT3SIc.jpg?1.jpg
171KB, 700x1074px
Act of God had Kyle's ring not work anymore and him going off the deep end until he finally was able to knock Sonar out, but not before being impaled and dying.
>>
>>93094751

Lol no. I'm not "missing the point". You're blaming a character instead of the writer's failure of the characters involved. If you wanna go down that route, might as well blame Nightwing too since he was who personally trained everyone.
>>
>>93094730
>even Wonderbat has the animated series as an excuse
How does the cartoon excuse WonderBats? Explain this to me. Is it because they just flirted and never actually got together? Or do you just like how slutty Wonderloli was in that one episode?
>>
>>93094944
Plenty of people ship wonderbat because they watched the cartoon when they were kids, its nothing amazing but there is some good flirting between Bats and Wondie that would explain why people think they would make a good couple
>>
>>93093528
How is that bad?
>>
>>93094877
>Story is made to jerk off a Batman
>No that's not Batwank, that the writer failing other characters
Okay
>>
>>93095026

>Stupid story shows heroes in a bad light
>Some heroes avoid this
>Batman is one of them
>This means the story was literally created as a batwank fanfic

Maybe you're too immature for children's superhero comics.
>>
>>93094944
Not that anon, but here's the thing: If it were the non-powered Supers in general that were portrayed as in the right, it'd be fine, but no. Steel and Atom get killed, Beetle's ship gets destroyed, and yet Batman's group (and only Batman's group) is carrying on fine.
It's indirect Batwank
>>
>>93095064
Wrong link: >>93094877
>>
>>93095058
>Everyone suffers except those that listen to Batman
>Batman is the only character unaffected by the plot bomb
Anon, you're trying to hard to defend this story
>>
>>93095064
Yeah basically tech based or othet non powered heroes get fucked over and only Bstman can save everyone.
>>
>>93093067
Moench gets a pass.
>Nicieza is good, they said
The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.
>>
>>93095058
It's just that. Relax, it's just batman haters being Triggered. Batman is one of the two greatest heroes of Earth and the other doesn't have powers in this Terrible story, somehow is all batwank
>>
>>93095064

>Steel and Atom get killed, Beetle's ship gets destroyed

All nearly 100% tech-based. What's your point?

>>93095099

I literally haven't defended it once. Not only are you somehow too dumb for Big 2 comics, you can't even exhibit decent reading comprehension while reading 4chan comments.
>>
>>93095154
>>Steel and Atom get killed, Beetle's ship gets destroyed
>All nearly 100% tech-based. What's your point?
>Hero tech randomly stops working
>Except Batman
>>93095154
>I literally haven't defended it once. Not only are you somehow too dumb for Big 2 comics, you can't even exhibit decent reading comprehension while reading 4chan comments.
Anon it's okay to like shit stories, but don't get mad when people point out its flaws
>>
>>93095154
Batman uses tech too, and yet we have no indication that his Bat-Computer or batmobile or any of his more tech-based gadgets are affected, nothing to suggest that he is operating at lessened efficiency.
>>
>>93095174

Batman is nowhere near 100% tech-based. He uses an assortment of small gadgets, sure, but he glides to get around and mainly uses martial arts to fight. You telling me he'd be useless because his computer wasn't working or something? Just how dumb are you?
>>
>>93095218

A very large percentage of Batman stories involve neither of those, so what does it matter? So it takes him longer to get from point A to point B, or his computer can't immediately identify DNA strands or something, who cares? That would hardly debilitate him.
>>
>>93095219
>Batman is nowhere near 100% tech-based. He uses an assortment of small gadgets, sure, but he glides to get around and mainly uses martial arts to fight. You telling me he'd be useless because his computer wasn't working or something? Just how dumb are you?
Yes, Batman relies heavily on his tools and tech, if you take them away his abilities are reduced. How fucking stupid are you.
>>
>>93095319

>Yes, Batman relies heavily on his tools and tech

Not really. Smoke bombs and a gas-powered grappling hook are pretty analog tools and even without them he's hardly useless. Sounds like you'd be mad if Deathstroke beat up a powerless Superman.
>>
>>93095374
>Not really. Smoke bombs and a gas-powered grappling hook are pretty analog tools and even without them he's hardly useless.
>Batmobiles
>Batcomputer
>Tracking devices
>Sonar based weaponry
>>
>>93095374
I think the point that he's making is that a lot of other tech based heroes had their shit kicked in for no reason, but Batman's stuff just keeps going no problem to the point where he has to be the one to train them how to be heroes again.
>>
>>93095408

None of which he relies on.

>>>93095433

Because he's not tech-reliant. Jesus christ have none of you read a Batman story in your life? He's not Iron Man. Sure he has a good computer and it's nice but he doesn't fucking need it to beat the shit out of some criminals.
>>
>>93095319
>if you take them away his abilities are reduced

He is still PEAK HUMAN, a genius and one of the greatest martial artists in the world. What's the problem?
>>
>>93095455
>None of which he relies on.
Batman's patrol consist of communicating with Alfred who is constantly using the Batcomputer to keep Bruce up to date. Have you ever read a Batman story? Without the computer Bruce is running around Gotham blind.
>>
>>93095492

Lol okay? So it makes his job harder for a little while, but it's not personally debilitating in any way.
>>
>>93095455
Are you just misreading on purpose? I'm saying that people who have tech are having their shit short out to fit the purpose of the story. Atoms belt is not a super power yet he's unable to shrink anymore, Green Lanterns ring is not a super power yet he gets his ass beat by Sonar (and eventually killed), J'onns shape shifting is not a super power but a racial thing and yet all their stuff just so happens to short out when this "Act of God" happens. It's contrived and retarded.
>>
>>93095530
It kills Bruce's efficiency.
>Criminal gets away
>Bruce can't get the Alfred to send the Batmobile via autopilot
>Bruce is injured
>Can't call in an emergency rescue
>Bruce can't use trackers and has to start from scratch every time he loses a trail
>No access to police records
>>
>>93095564

Notice how that has nothing to do with Batman, you big baby.

>>93095570

Oh no! Batman's less efficient! However will he fight crime without streamlined technology? It's not as if he was doing his thing even as far back as the 1940's before the Batcomputer was even a thing...right?
>>
>>93095564
Write the name if the story again.. Act.. Of..
>>
>>93095605
>Oh no! Batman's less efficient! However will he fight crime without streamlined technology? It's not as if he was doing his thing even as far back as the 1940's before the Batcomputer was even a thing...right?
Are you really going to cite 40's Batman as evidence that modern day Batman can operate just fine without tech?
>>
>>93094877
You haven't read the story. Of course you're missing the point.

The story is framed such that everyone who had powers instantly becomes a trainwreck of a person the second they lose their powers. The story is then further contrived by crippling people who don't have powers, but get their abilities from tech like Palmer, also having their shit ruined. All to trump up Batman as the only true hero in a world filled with posers.

The only purpose of the story is that Batman is better than every other hero. It's just boring, uninspired, poorly written batman masturbation material.
>>
>>93095605
Silly anon, in the 40's batman wasn't fighting meta humans... Just vampires, monsters and aliens.
>>
>>93095605
It has everything to do with him because with the big league characters out of the way it allows him to be the top dog and train all these retards who suddenly can't even walk down the street by themselves.
>>
>>93095726
Anyone with superstrenght would have trouble walking if they lose it. Do you even muscular memory?
>>
Act of God was actively retarded throughout.
Created Equal has a stupid premise and logical conclusions. I still think making Barbra the next Green Lantern was awesome.
>>
>>93095751
That has never been the case and we've got like thousands of instances of superheroes losing their powers temporarily to go by.
>>
>>93095704

>Are you really going to cite 40's Batman as evidence that modern day Batman can operate just fine without tech?

Are you really suggesting that in a world without metas or technology that Batman would need his Batcomputer in order to be able to fight crime? Christ you're retarded.

>>93095707

Comparing BATMAN to the ATOM isn't doing your shit argument any favors.

>>93095725

How would he fight metas in a world without metas? I know it's difficult for you, but think before you type.

>>93095726

What, did you want them to take a five-dollar karate lesson? Of course they're going to go to Batman to learn how to fight without their powers, he's been doing it better than anyone, for longer than them all.
>>
Batman should have lost Alfred
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-38.jpg (229KB, 784x1237px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-38.jpg
229KB, 784x1237px
My favorite part of Act of God was these following pages
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-00.jpg (270KB, 820x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-00.jpg
270KB, 820x1267px
I am sorry /co/
>>
>>93094389
They had it from extra-human biology. Either way it was an Elseworlds, so maybe in that universe everyone had it from metagenes.

>>93094041
>Superman becomes and alcoholic because his powers are gone and Lois leaves him. Even though hes lost his powers before and hes never turned to drinking.

I think that had to do not with him losing his power, but losing it while saving a flooded town, which almost killed him, and then on top of that he almost got lynched for "not helping". He was having nightmares about all the people he couldn't save because his powers went out the wrong time.

And he had no other hero to help him or his city, except Steel who almost got killed day one, and people like Luthor, Joker, etc were on full swing and taking advantage of the opportunity.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-01.jpg (206KB, 775x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-01.jpg
206KB, 775x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-39.jpg (227KB, 784x1210px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-39.jpg
227KB, 784x1210px
>>93095851
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-02.jpg (200KB, 805x1273px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-02.jpg
200KB, 805x1273px
>>
>>93095813
>>Are you really going to cite 40's Batman as evidence that modern day Batman can operate just fine without tech?
>Are you really suggesting that in a world without metas or technology that Batman would need his Batcomputer in order to be able to fight crime? Christ you're retarded.
If Batman doesn't need his tech to fight non-metas, why does he need tech at all against criminals like Joker, Riddler, or Two-Face?

Now explain how Aquaman's natural Atlantean abilities or J'onnz Martian biology are metapowers and why it's not Batwank to have them lose those abilities
>>
>>93095813
>Comparing BATMAN to the ATOM isn't doing your shit argument any favors

You realize that Atom built the belt that lets him shrink from a star right? It's not a super power.

>Of course they're going to go to Batman to learn how to fight without their powers, he's been doing it better than anyone, for longer than them all.

In that time frame of the 90's you'd expect someone like Wildcat who trained most of the street level heroes to be the one helping them back on their feet, but then it wouldn't show how much better Batman's group is than everyone else. I mean shit, they even had Joker leading Lex Luthors group of villains. The whole story is just an excuse to shit on people with powers and felate the Batgroup.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-03.jpg (202KB, 808x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-03.jpg
202KB, 808x1270px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-04.jpg (274KB, 805x1246px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-04.jpg
274KB, 805x1246px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-40.jpg (253KB, 784x1225px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-40.jpg
253KB, 784x1225px
>>93095883
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-05.jpg (224KB, 808x1252px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-05.jpg
224KB, 808x1252px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-06.jpg (251KB, 787x1252px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-06.jpg
251KB, 787x1252px
>>
>>93095893
>Now explain how Aquaman's natural Atlantean abilities or J'onnz Martian biology are metapowers and why it's not Batwank to have them lose those abilities

Don't worry, I'm sure the author intended to have Atlantis all drown.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-07.jpg (230KB, 793x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-07.jpg
230KB, 793x1270px
>>
>>93095859
NOOOOO.
WHY?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-08.jpg (214KB, 793x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-08.jpg
214KB, 793x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-09.jpg (266KB, 808x1225px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-09.jpg
266KB, 808x1225px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-10.jpg (234KB, 805x1243px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-10.jpg
234KB, 805x1243px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-11.jpg (249KB, 799x1255px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-11.jpg
249KB, 799x1255px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-12.jpg (239KB, 805x1249px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-12.jpg
239KB, 805x1249px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-13.jpg (245KB, 802x1249px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-13.jpg
245KB, 802x1249px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-14.jpg (224KB, 790x1231px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-14.jpg
224KB, 790x1231px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-15.jpg (263KB, 802x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-15.jpg
263KB, 802x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-16.jpg (245KB, 802x1249px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-16.jpg
245KB, 802x1249px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-17.jpg (241KB, 805x1246px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-17.jpg
241KB, 805x1246px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-18.jpg (240KB, 802x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-18.jpg
240KB, 802x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-19.jpg (275KB, 799x1273px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-19.jpg
275KB, 799x1273px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-20.jpg (268KB, 802x1261px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-20.jpg
268KB, 802x1261px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-21.jpg (235KB, 805x1255px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-21.jpg
235KB, 805x1255px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-22.jpg (226KB, 799x1273px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-22.jpg
226KB, 799x1273px
>>
>>93095893

Just because Batman uses something, doesn't mean he needs it. And in a world without tech, those villains are severely hamstringed as well. I have no idea how you're so dumb as to not understand something so simple.

>>93095894

>You realize that Atom built the belt that lets him shrink from a star right? It's not a super power.

Okay? It's still 100% the basis of the entirety of his superhero identity. Without it, he's just a brave scientist.

>In that time frame of the 90's you'd expect someone like Wildcat who trained most of the street level heroes to be the one helping them back on their feet, but then it wouldn't show how much better Batman's group is than everyone else. I mean shit, they even had Joker leading Lex Luthors group of villains. The whole story is just an excuse to shit on people with powers and felate the Batgroup.

Why would they go to the JSA's Wildcat when they've already spent years working with Batman on the JLA? Besides, Wildcat is hardly the supercrime fighter Batman is. This is some pathetic reaching.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-23.jpg (251KB, 802x1255px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-23.jpg
251KB, 802x1255px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-24.jpg (221KB, 799x1268px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-24.jpg
221KB, 799x1268px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-25.jpg (228KB, 790x1222px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-25.jpg
228KB, 790x1222px
>>
>Tech based heroes tech stops working
>Aquaman, J'onzz, and Clark all lose their powers even though their based on their physiology and biology
>Wonder Woman loses her powers from the Gods
>Marvel loses his magic based abilities
>Bruce's tech is fine
Nope, totally not Batwank
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-26.jpg (254KB, 805x1265px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-26.jpg
254KB, 805x1265px
>>
>>93094041
something that always bothered me about this: why is Wally the one who gets a trident? wouldn't it make more sense for Aquaman to use it?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-27.jpg (284KB, 805x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-27.jpg
284KB, 805x1267px
>>
>>93096114
You are ignoring the fact that his belt suddenly stopped working despite the whole point of the story being about losing super powers. Wildcat also trained Black Canary and Batman, it's not a stretch that people who lost their powers would go to him to train since he's been beating the shit out of people like Grundy and the Ultra Humanite for 60+ years.
>>
>>93094103
>Deathstroke

Is a meta. He'd be dead already without his regeneration factor and enhanced reflexes.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-28.jpg (247KB, 802x1241px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-28.jpg
247KB, 802x1241px
>>
>>93096114
>Just because Batman uses something, doesn't mean he needs it. And in a world without tech, those villains are severely hamstringed as well. I have no idea how you're so dumb as to not understand something so simple.
How much tech does Ra's and the LoS use? How much tech does Joker use? How much tech does Two-Face use? How much tech does Catwoman use? The mob families of Gotham?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-29.jpg (237KB, 802x1246px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-29.jpg
237KB, 802x1246px
>>
>>93096146
Here comes Kyle's descent into madness.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-30.jpg (222KB, 772x1245px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-30.jpg
222KB, 772x1245px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-31.jpg (224KB, 802x1246px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-31.jpg
224KB, 802x1246px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-32.jpg (233KB, 796x1248px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-32.jpg
233KB, 796x1248px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-33.jpg (241KB, 799x1258px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-33.jpg
241KB, 799x1258px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-34.jpg (226KB, 793x1227px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-34.jpg
226KB, 793x1227px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-35.jpg (233KB, 802x1261px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-35.jpg
233KB, 802x1261px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-36.jpg (207KB, 775x1245px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-36.jpg
207KB, 775x1245px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-37.jpg (204KB, 802x1273px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-37.jpg
204KB, 802x1273px
>>
File: superjizz.png (1MB, 973x993px) Image search: [Google]
superjizz.png
1MB, 973x993px
>>93093067
At least Created Equal gave us this beauty.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-38.jpg (221KB, 787x1218px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-38.jpg
221KB, 787x1218px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-39.jpg (244KB, 802x1252px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-39.jpg
244KB, 802x1252px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-40.jpg (239KB, 784x1248px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-40.jpg
239KB, 784x1248px
>>
>>93096171

Because technology was also temporarily stopped as well, dumbass.

>>93096171

Again, how are you so daft as to not understand why they would first go to their long-time accomplice Batman, who has better resources and is more overall knowledgeable about fighting supercrime on multiple axes?

>>93096188

A good bit? They also use vehicles to get around, electronic explosives, weapons, communication devices, etc etc...it's mind-blowing that I have to explain this to you.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-41.jpg (289KB, 799x1261px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-41.jpg
289KB, 799x1261px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-42.jpg (249KB, 778x1236px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-42.jpg
249KB, 778x1236px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-43.jpg (238KB, 790x1273px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-43.jpg
238KB, 790x1273px
>>
>>93096319
>Again, how are you so daft as to not understand why they would first go to their long-time accomplice Batman, who has better resources and is more overall knowledgeable about fighting supercrime on multiple axes?
>>93096076
Wild Cat is literally right there you retard>>93096319
>A good bit? They also use vehicles to get around, electronic explosives, weapons, communication devices, etc etc...it's mind-blowing that I have to explain this to you.
>The LoS is tech based suddenly
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-44.jpg (231KB, 778x1248px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-44.jpg
231KB, 778x1248px
>>
>>93096319
>Because technology was also temporarily stopped as well, dumbass.

and it also came back as you can tell just from reading the pages in this very thread.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-45.jpg (219KB, 802x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-45.jpg
219KB, 802x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-46.jpg (225KB, 784x1242px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-46.jpg
225KB, 784x1242px
>>
>>93094103
It's more of the writer literally believing that people with metahuman powers have literally nothing if they have no superpowers and Batman all but says that they were always worthless people who had no business saving people because they didn't have HIS training.

Without powers:
Ray Palmer would still be an amazing physicist
Barry Allen would still be a forensic scientist
Kyle Rainer would still be a talented artist
Diana Prince would still be a masterful politician
Clark Kent would still be a selfless journalist
J'onn J'onz would still be a detective and philosopher

Batman ends up being a victim of the writer's wanking because Bruce as we know him would be trying his damnest to help everyone adjust/get their powers back and not act like a massive shit to his friends.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-47.jpg (211KB, 808x1240px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-47.jpg
211KB, 808x1240px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod1-48.jpg (229KB, 772x1242px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod1-48.jpg
229KB, 772x1242px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-00.jpg (196KB, 820x1249px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-00.jpg
196KB, 820x1249px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-01.jpg (218KB, 781x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-01.jpg
218KB, 781x1270px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-02.jpg (223KB, 793x1262px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-02.jpg
223KB, 793x1262px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-03.jpg (243KB, 802x1231px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-03.jpg
243KB, 802x1231px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-04.jpg (240KB, 802x1259px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-04.jpg
240KB, 802x1259px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-05.jpg (240KB, 802x1261px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-05.jpg
240KB, 802x1261px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-06.jpg (244KB, 787x1256px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-06.jpg
244KB, 787x1256px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-07.jpg (240KB, 799x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-07.jpg
240KB, 799x1267px
>>
>>93096352

>Wild Cat is literally right there you retard

Okay? How is that a response to my statement at all? Thankfully you're posting anonymously, because this is fucking embarrassing, mate.

>>93096358

Okay? Who cares? If it comes back then why are you whining that Batman shouldn't be able to fight crime without tech?

>>>93096388

Uh...what's your point exactly? A talented artists does not a superhero make.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-08.jpg (251KB, 790x1250px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-08.jpg
251KB, 790x1250px
>>
>>93096484
My favorite part of all of this is that Cyborg-Superman is with them for whatever reason.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-09.jpg (245KB, 796x1246px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-09.jpg
245KB, 796x1246px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-10.jpg (243KB, 784x1238px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-10.jpg
243KB, 784x1238px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-11.jpg (221KB, 796x1261px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-11.jpg
221KB, 796x1261px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-12.jpg (190KB, 790x1223px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-12.jpg
190KB, 790x1223px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-13.jpg (224KB, 793x1243px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-13.jpg
224KB, 793x1243px
>>
>>93094041
Didn't the Kyle's ring lose its power (GL rings aren't a superpower btw) and he became super aggressive and tried to fight Sonar to death?

what a stupid event
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-14.jpg (206KB, 790x1211px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-14.jpg
206KB, 790x1211px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-15.jpg (236KB, 790x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-15.jpg
236KB, 790x1270px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-16.jpg (196KB, 790x1238px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-16.jpg
196KB, 790x1238px
>>
>>93096505
> If it comes back then why are you whining that Batman shouldn't be able to fight crime without tech?

You are intentionally misreading at this point. The issue is that people who have technological weapons and not biological powers are taken out of the story because they are too powerful. Atom never gets his belt working again and is killed. Kyle trains the whole book just to be impaled by Sonar and dies. Hell, even some people who have powers like Dr. Polaris are operating just fine. The books a shitshow son.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-17.jpg (263KB, 793x1240px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-17.jpg
263KB, 793x1240px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-18.jpg (256KB, 793x1253px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-18.jpg
256KB, 793x1253px
>>
Why the fuck didn't Steel just mass produce his armor and give it to all the heroes who lost their powers?

Why is a guy as jacked as Superman with an indestructible cape and costume moping around like they're totally weak now?

Why does the writer pick and choose what fantasy/sci-fi element still gets to exist in the universe?

Act of God would have been so much better if it was about a world where nobody had any powers to begin with but still tried to be heroes. Flash is just a long distance runner, Captain Cold just has a giant tank of Nitrogen on his back instead of a cold gun, etc
>>
>>93096621

Except Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and Hawkman are still in the game. Stop intentionally misreading.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-19.jpg (251KB, 799x1255px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-19.jpg
251KB, 799x1255px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-20.jpg (234KB, 787x1247px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-20.jpg
234KB, 787x1247px
>>
>>93096505
>artist
I said writer. The point is that its incredibly poor writing for someone to include the Justice League into a story and not know anyone's backgrounds. The writer assumes that all these characters are only competent WITH powers and turn into shambling wrecks if not insane if they lose them. They'd understandably be upset (or dead; seeing as Wondie was literally magically scrupled from sand and if ALL superpowered/supernatural things stopped working, she'd have just collapsed into a pile of mud), but they have lives to go back to.

Seeing as you've pointed out Kyle, his training as a Green Lantern would make him an amazing cop if his was so hung up about still stopping criminals.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-21.jpg (275KB, 793x1249px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-21.jpg
275KB, 793x1249px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-22.jpg (236KB, 787x1262px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-22.jpg
236KB, 787x1262px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-23.jpg (152KB, 619x979px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-23.jpg
152KB, 619x979px
>>
>>93096668

>Kyle Rainer would still be a talented artist
>I said writer.

You need some serious help. Maybe you should get your mother to proof read for you
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-24.jpg (232KB, 796x1248px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-24.jpg
232KB, 796x1248px
>>
>>93096279
Mmm, the despair in this comic turns me on.
>>
What I don't get is why did they use the atom. They could have used any other hero who had powers
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-25.jpg (199KB, 820x1321px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-25.jpg
199KB, 820x1321px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-26.jpg (224KB, 799x1257px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-26.jpg
224KB, 799x1257px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-27.jpg (196KB, 799x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-27.jpg
196KB, 799x1270px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-28.jpg (271KB, 793x1272px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-28.jpg
271KB, 793x1272px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-29.jpg (242KB, 802x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-29.jpg
242KB, 802x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-30.jpg (250KB, 796x1254px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-30.jpg
250KB, 796x1254px
>>
>>93096638
According to the Bat-Apologist in this thread, its all 100% logical, even though Batman should literally be completely useless too (if a Kryptonian, Atlantean, and Martian lose their "superpowers", Batman should have been reduced a polio stricken amnesiac)
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-31.jpg (245KB, 799x1261px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-31.jpg
245KB, 799x1261px
>>
>>93096640
That is my point Anon. Some tech heroes get to keep their powers while others like Atom and GL are thrown to the dumpster because the book is shit and having something like that would detract from the SUPERPOWERS BAD statement Moench was trying to make.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-32.jpg (208KB, 790x1245px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-32.jpg
208KB, 790x1245px
>>
>>93096796

Clearly this book is Hawkwank.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-33.jpg (211KB, 799x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-33.jpg
211KB, 799x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-34.jpg (230KB, 790x1235px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-34.jpg
230KB, 790x1235px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-35.jpg (262KB, 799x1249px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-35.jpg
262KB, 799x1249px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-36.jpg (233KB, 796x1241px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-36.jpg
233KB, 796x1241px
>>
>>93096776

>Humans like Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne keep their perfectly human capabilities
>this is somehow an outrage

Leave it to /co/ autists to focus on character-hate instead of just calling a shit story a shit story.
>>
>>93096776
Hey listen, I really don't give a shit about Batman and wasn't even talking about him. My problem is either stick with the idea that every in-universe sci-fi and fantasy element is completely removed or just make everyone a regular ordinary person. The technology shit they do allow doesn't make sense compared to what it doesn't
>>
>>93094041
I've never seen such obnoxious exposition, and I've read all of Claremont's X-Men
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-37.jpg (249KB, 796x1243px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-37.jpg
249KB, 796x1243px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-38.jpg (246KB, 793x1262px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-38.jpg
246KB, 793x1262px
Not sure how Linda Lost her powers. since she was a Earth-born Angel
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-39.jpg (241KB, 784x1231px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-39.jpg
241KB, 784x1231px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-40.jpg (243KB, 802x1241px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-40.jpg
243KB, 802x1241px
>>
No, seriously; why is there someone in this thread trying to defend this story?

Like, trolling requires subtly; I haven't seen a guy trying THIS hard since the thread were someone said that it doesn't matter that Alan Moore and the actual script for Killing Joke makes no mention of Joker raping Babs, he ABSOLUTELY raped his as a point of canon because the comic doesn't have the explicit sentence "Joker didn't rape her" in its pages.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-41.jpg (228KB, 802x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-41.jpg
228KB, 802x1270px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-42.jpg (221KB, 802x1262px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-42.jpg
221KB, 802x1262px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-43.jpg (232KB, 796x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-43.jpg
232KB, 796x1270px
>>
>>93095859
Preacher Anon, no!
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-44.jpg (222KB, 787x1262px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-44.jpg
222KB, 787x1262px
>>
>>93095985
So how did Sanic kept his powers?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-45.jpg (198KB, 799x1270px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-45.jpg
198KB, 799x1270px
>>
>>93094790
Kyle's a super nice guy who, at times, absolutely loathed his ring. If he wasn't able to use it for some reason I couldn't imagine him being too broken up about it, certainly not THIS broken up about it. Same thing with Clark

That's probably the worst part about Act of God, not the shitty pick-and-choose loss of powers or even the Batwank, it's that whoever wrote this story had obviously never read a JLA comic in their life and didn't understand the characters
>>
>>93094041
Does that mean all the Atlanteans just up and fucking drowned off panel somewhere?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-46.jpg (213KB, 808x1241px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-46.jpg
213KB, 808x1241px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-47.jpg (212KB, 787x1267px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-47.jpg
212KB, 787x1267px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod2-48.jpg (188KB, 742x1241px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod2-48.jpg
188KB, 742x1241px
>>
>>93096965
Kyle's "breakdown" is probably the worst part about this book. It completely misses his entire character.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-00.jpg (229KB, 805x1231px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-00.jpg
229KB, 805x1231px
Final issue
>>
>>93095570
Most of stories set early on career as Batman have him using none of that stuff.
>>
>>93096394
God dammit steel are you just built to job
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-01.jpg (240KB, 754x1243px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-01.jpg
240KB, 754x1243px
>>
>>93096916

Why don't you reply to me directly, you little bitch?

Batman and Robin and Nightwing remain Batman and Robin and Nightwing in a world without superpowers. Saying that's the reason the story is bad, or even a major plot point, is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-02.jpg (272KB, 775x1213px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-02.jpg
272KB, 775x1213px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-03.jpg (246KB, 784x1156px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-03.jpg
246KB, 784x1156px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-04.jpg (230KB, 766x1240px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-04.jpg
230KB, 766x1240px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-05.jpg (220KB, 775x1237px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-05.jpg
220KB, 775x1237px
>>
>>93097048
why the FUCK is Cyborg Superman working with those losers
>>
Okay, what the FUCK is Created Equal?

Everyone's going on about Act of God and all I hear about is SuperJizz on the other side.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-06.jpg (232KB, 769x1213px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-06.jpg
232KB, 769x1213px
>>
>>93097033
It is when you write out heroes with natural abilities and tech based power just to make Batman look better
>>93097030
Early career Bruce wasn't dealing with the LoS, Ra's, or Bane
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-07.jpg (228KB, 769x1243px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-07.jpg
228KB, 769x1243px
>>
>>93097090
Obviously he's hiding from Hal at the one place he'll never expect him at.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-08.jpg (210KB, 766x1216px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-08.jpg
210KB, 766x1216px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-09.jpg (256KB, 781x1234px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-09.jpg
256KB, 781x1234px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-10.jpg (233KB, 745x1192px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-10.jpg
233KB, 745x1192px
>>
>>93096082
>organic
>green lantern ring doesn't work
Good thing this was during Kyle's time as the last GL, i would be fucking pissed if they never explained why the corps never checked on a missing teammate
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-11.jpg (221KB, 769x1186px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-11.jpg
221KB, 769x1186px
>>
>>93097112
Okay is this some sort of weird personal fanfiction the writer had as a vendetta or something?

Diana "Literally was a Greek god that one time" as a born again Christian?
Shouldn't she have like an alter with incense or something?
Maybe a fucking BOAT to Amazon Island? No? Just prayer?
>>
>>93097112
>>93097124
Did she finally realize that the Greek gods were a bunch of cunts but has yet to realize God isn't all that much better?
>>
>>93096851
That's what I mean; its the consistency that's fucking bugging me. Not to say that Justice League has ever had that much dedication to consistency (I can't tell you how many times I've scratched by head at Green Arrow, The Flash, or Batman getting punched by people who can actually hurt Superman and not be immediately out of the fight from a broken everything), but it seems like the story would have something like Green Arrow losing the ability to keep a steady aim or Joker becoming completely sane if they're going to say that Wonder Woman doesn't poof out of existence by a sci-fi belt stops working.
>>
>>93096419
Oh no! THEY MELTED.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-12.jpg (251KB, 766x1195px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-12.jpg
251KB, 766x1195px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-13.jpg (245KB, 721x1201px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-13.jpg
245KB, 721x1201px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-14.jpg (210KB, 739x1189px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-14.jpg
210KB, 739x1189px
>>
>>93096811
I mean hawkman with a bazooka was the coolest thing in the story
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-15.jpg (243KB, 778x1216px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-15.jpg
243KB, 778x1216px
>>
>>93096105
>But perhaps...no one should have powers above and beyond the rest of humanity
Well good thing you are not human J'onn, I am sure the next alien invasion will understand your stance
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-16.jpg (226KB, 745x1219px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-16.jpg
226KB, 745x1219px
>>
>>93096419
See now THIS would've been interesting. Just remove every "super" and have it focus on the schmucks left behind. The people who work for Lex Luthor, all the now abandoned henchmen-

Have Alfred freak out now that Bruce is gone and awww now I'm sad.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-17.jpg (233KB, 769x1198px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-17.jpg
233KB, 769x1198px
>>
>>93097137
The real question is where the fuck is Ganthet. This is obviously after Final Night judging from Doctor Lights outfit so Ganthet would be free of Parallax.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-18.jpg (211KB, 769x1180px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-18.jpg
211KB, 769x1180px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-19.jpg (218KB, 772x1207px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-19.jpg
218KB, 772x1207px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-20.jpg (201KB, 772x1216px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-20.jpg
201KB, 772x1216px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-21.jpg (265KB, 775x1207px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-21.jpg
265KB, 775x1207px
>>
lol at all the people expecting character consistency from fucking comics of all literary mediums.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-22.jpg (228KB, 772x1228px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-22.jpg
228KB, 772x1228px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-23.jpg (211KB, 778x1210px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-23.jpg
211KB, 778x1210px
>>
>>93093067
read Created Equal, it was horrible, but entertaining. Act of God sounds even worse. Not going to read it, but I have a question:
Did everyone with powers lose them or just the Justice League/heroes?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-24.jpg (261KB, 778x1216px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-24.jpg
261KB, 778x1216px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-25.jpg (247KB, 766x1204px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-25.jpg
247KB, 766x1204px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-26.jpg (267KB, 781x1174px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-26.jpg
267KB, 781x1174px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-27.jpg (218KB, 781x1231px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-27.jpg
218KB, 781x1231px
>>
>>93096146
This made me think, the ring is nothing more than a tool that uses the user's own willpower as source of power, could it be that the ring is still functional and it was the connection with Kyle's willpower that was affected? Or maybe I am just thinking too hard about this
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-28.jpg (243KB, 775x1219px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-28.jpg
243KB, 775x1219px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-29.jpg (282KB, 778x1240px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-29.jpg
282KB, 778x1240px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-30.jpg (260KB, 787x1237px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-30.jpg
260KB, 787x1237px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-31.jpg (229KB, 775x1243px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-31.jpg
229KB, 775x1243px
>>
>>93097374
I guarantee you put more thought in than the writers
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-32.jpg (292KB, 778x1234px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-32.jpg
292KB, 778x1234px
>>
>>93097374
You're thinking too hard to give a reason when it's just shit writing.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-33.jpg (274KB, 784x1219px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-33.jpg
274KB, 784x1219px
>>
>>93096169
>Polaris
wait what? Would his powers be considered technological and not biological?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-34.jpg (260KB, 784x1189px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-34.jpg
260KB, 784x1189px
>>
>>93095910
>>93095914
fucks sake man, what a horrible accidental combination of pages
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-35.jpg (217KB, 781x1207px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-35.jpg
217KB, 781x1207px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-36.jpg (261KB, 790x1201px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-36.jpg
261KB, 790x1201px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-37.jpg (254KB, 784x1207px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-37.jpg
254KB, 784x1207px
>>
>>93095859
ARE YOU?!
>>
>>93096192
>moans and sobs of loss
Didn't the news earlier said there were no deaths by a miracle?
>>
>>93096971
And for that matter, what of the Amazons, who are all transplanted souls? If all the magic shit is supposed to be gone too, then have they all keeled over and died?

And are the residents of Gorilla City gone too? Where does genetic engineering fit into all this?

I swear, you could write a research paper on the inconsistencies and unanswered questions in this story.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-38.jpg (388KB, 784x1237px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-38.jpg
388KB, 784x1237px
>>93097480
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-39.jpg (392KB, 784x1210px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-39.jpg
392KB, 784x1210px
>>93097505
>>
>>93096215
Just to clarify was this before or after lanterns wore construct costumes?
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-40.jpg (426KB, 784x1225px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-40.jpg
426KB, 784x1225px
>>93097515
>>
>>93097033
There's plenty of other reasons why the story is bad; its just INCREDIBLY strange that all the Bat-Family is somehow completely unsheathed by a plot that's seems to be about taking the powers/abilities of those who completely rely on them as though they were only superheroes for selfish reasons. A far better plot WOULD have been Batman losing his skill because, as far as this narrative of "but do we have the right?" he'd fall into the same hubris camp as Kyle and Wally.

And why is it Batman that they turn to? Wildcat, the Challengers of the Unknown, various government agencies, the League of Shadows, and a lot of other groups would be more than willing to foot the bill for helping everyone out.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-41.jpg (253KB, 775x1192px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-41.jpg
253KB, 775x1192px
>>
My God, the argument on this thread is one of the stupidest, most pointless wastes of energy I've ever seen on the internet and that's saying something because I regularly post on fucking 4chan.

And yet, I can't look away...
>>
>>93097090
Wouldn't he have died during the blackout thing in the begining anyway? I mean, if it shut down "everything" those who depend on tech to live should have died in theory.
Or maybe I should just stop thinking while reading this comic.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-42.jpg (217KB, 787x1237px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-42.jpg
217KB, 787x1237px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-43.jpg (216KB, 778x1231px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-43.jpg
216KB, 778x1231px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-44.jpg (213KB, 787x1183px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-44.jpg
213KB, 787x1183px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-45.jpg (256KB, 775x1195px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-45.jpg
256KB, 775x1195px
>>
>>93097112
>Diana of Themyscira
>turning to Christianity
>thinking that helping people was somehow wrong
Doug Moench. Slap yoself.

Like, is it even worth getting into all of the reasons this is the stupidest fucking thing? Cause this is next level retardation right here. Fucks sake.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-46.jpg (263KB, 772x1219px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-46.jpg
263KB, 772x1219px
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-47.jpg (239KB, 766x1201px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-47.jpg
239KB, 766x1201px
>>
>>93097546
More than half of those guys are shady as fuck with the exception of wildcat.
>>
File: JLA_ActOfGod3-48.jpg (215KB, 751x1228px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_ActOfGod3-48.jpg
215KB, 751x1228px
The end
>>
>>93096788
>joker points out that even if they lost their technologyy, they'd still be bad guys
Hilarious

Not only is that batwank going super strong on the good guy's side, its also equally as strong on the villain's side.
>>
>>93097622
Wait...so...are they implying that's the future of all humans?
Is that just a vision or is the kid a GOD making shit out of thin air?

Is it only their kid? Is it all kids now?
>>
Now do Created Equal.
I need to know what it's about.
>>
It just keeps getting worse each time I read it. It is like I notice something new, in the background, that makes me hate it more.
>>
>>93097675
Oh anon you're in for a treat
>>
>>93097614
Which sounds right up Kyle's alley in this story. This story just VERY MUCH drips with the echos of a writer saying "I want to write a story where everyone's taken down a peg to show how amazing Batman and his crew are!"

It's basically the same as that SJW comic that tries to say that if Wondie and Supes lost their powers, Clark would kill himself because he's worthless without them while Diana has all her training. Which is incorrect because Clark's probably trained with all his JLA buddies to know how to fight and is an award winning journalist who stands up against people like Lex because its the right thing to do; not because he can snap Lex in half if he wanted.
>>
>>93096329
Where the fuck are the Metal Men when you need them
>>
>>93096465
I for one welcome our new bald overlord
>>
>>93097645
That use to actually be canon in the early 90s; it was either the Dominators or the White Martians that found out that humans literally had EVERY superpower ever and fucked with our genome to where only SOME people would get one or two powers under certain circumstances so that space-faring humans wouldn't take over the universe.
>>
>>93093067
what, I reread Act of God and it's still good...
>>
>>93097728
Pfft! What comic are you talking about? Diana probably taught Clark and the others a few moves just while they were hanging out.

Honestly though, the idea that any of these people would suddenly become barely functioning wrecks just from losing their powers is offensive.
>>
>>93097094
Space radiation kills all males on Earth except Supes and Lex.
Superman still has the radiation inside him so he leaves but not before entrusting a jar of super-sperm to Diana.
Misandry, misogyny, and general misanthropy ensue.
>>
>>93097033
The story is bad because all the superpowered heroes got written as little bitches just because they lost their powers

Seriously, look at fucking wonderwoman. She's a goddamn amazon but the moment she loses her powers, she becomes a scared useless sack of shit and has to confide in an equally big useless piece of shit who's so sorry of himself

And then there's the problem of other characters just straight up losing shit that should be normal to them. If Aquaman loses his ability to breath underwater, why doesnt batman lose his peak human strength and intelligence
>>
>>93096532
>Lex will never fill you with his trojans
>>
File: 1496847431303.jpg (297KB, 1091x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1496847431303.jpg
297KB, 1091x1091px
>>93097596
>This is Kyle's entire legacy for this book
>Getting the shit beat out of him then dying to take Sonar to jail
>>
>>93097853
lol, no, lots of the capes have no lives outside of their jobs
>>
Who's going to play the role of the Created Equal apologist if we storytime it, too?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>93097803
Burning Martians fucked with the gene itself to stop them from all getting powers which prompted the separation into White/Greens. Dominators realized what the gene was during Invasion! and later made a bomb to fuck with it.
>>
>>93096594
>>93096613
Two pages, that has to be a record
>>
>>93096637
What is Jess doing there?
>>
>>93096661
>i know that feel bro
>>
>>93097872
At least he went out fighting, while Superman turned into an alcoholic, Diana a churchgoer, and Ray sold his body for science.

>>93097867
>Seriously, look at fucking wonderwoman. She's a goddamn amazon but the moment she loses her powers, she becomes a scared useless sack of shit and has to confide in an equally big useless piece of shit who's so sorry of himself

Cut her some slack, she fell apart because now she knew that she'd never get Kals Superdick.
>>
File: 6234a342687be4948eda60797ba76f15.jpg (341KB, 540x4291px) Image search: [Google]
6234a342687be4948eda60797ba76f15.jpg
341KB, 540x4291px
>>93097853
This shit.
>>
>>93096812
>I am the night, i am triggered
>>
>>93096146
>Green woman
>Named Jen
What the fuck is she hulk doing in this?
>>
File: ew-superman-distant fires-00fc.jpg (461KB, 992x1538px) Image search: [Google]
ew-superman-distant fires-00fc.jpg
461KB, 992x1538px
>>93093067
I feel like Distant Fires is better than Act of God but worse than Created Equal.
>>
>>93098204
I'm more mad that J'onn loses his powers entirely BUT JEN STAYS FUCKING GREEN, EVEN THOUGH HER BEING GREEN IS BECAUSE SHE'S GENETICALLY FULL OF GREEN LANTERN POWER.
>>
>>93096885
>a year
Jesus for how long was Kyle autistically screeching?
>>
>>93098220
Isn't Distant Fires the one where nuclear winter happens, except most superheroes live and rebuild the world in barely a year, only for the world explodes for no reason and Superman sends he and Wondie's baby into space?
>>
>>93097491
Well I think it meant not directly, like the event didn't instantly kill people it was more indirectly.
>>
>>93096900
Jesus Christ, the idea of supers losing his hope because of a failure is understandable but how did he managed to stay this long without any of his close friends or family snapping him out of it? Or would having a senile minded supers ruin the plot
>>
>>93096918
This is really stupid but i am enjoying it
>>
>>93096934
>really fast Palmer running from a turk
>>
File: 1222057232607.jpg (91KB, 721x379px) Image search: [Google]
1222057232607.jpg
91KB, 721x379px
>>93096279
>Going out to movies
Oh boy I just LOVE this kind of tripe!

There's nothing better than a writer constructing some contrived horseshit premise to "ground" the characters in the reality of mortality and then having the characters blissfully ignore the realistic consequences their world would face.

As stated with the tech normally used to fight Superman still standing while he's down the entire planet should be hell, but hey let's catch a flick, shop at the mall, do our nails, watch cat videos! You know normal people stuff that really speaks to the human element that those losers in tights just wouldn't get!
>>
>>93098334
Meanwhile, during 52, Supes was busy fucking Lois has rough as possible and enjoying his time off, knowing that other superheroes can pick up his slack until his powers come back.
>>
File: ew-superman-distant fires-38.jpg (370KB, 934x1520px) Image search: [Google]
ew-superman-distant fires-38.jpg
370KB, 934x1520px
>>93098283
Yes. Also Superman cucks Billy and drives him insane.
>>
>>93097554
Double dead, his powers over technology are biological
>>
>>93097079
>skull grenades
wait what?
>>
>>93098491
Jesus, Billy; you could probably hate-fuck somebody else if you hadn't built up a reputation for constantly hounding a woman 15 years older than you for pussy.
>>
>>93094103
As would Green Arrow yet for some reason it's always Batman to whom the writers turn.
>>93094441
>Cyborg Superman
The human who's body was destroyed but gained the ability to inhabit technology and used a Kryptonian Matrix Chamber to create a Kryptonain body for himself?
Pray tell how was he affected by the depowering event given the many sources of his abilities? This is sure to be interesting and coherent right?
>>
>>93097112
>literally met gods
Holy shit my sides, this is so bad
>>
>>93097136
good thing that plastic table conveniently survived the explosion
>>
>>93097206
Time to buy some kryptonite
>>
>>93097248
>took him an entire year to start training
this is just dumb, if you are going to make Kyle obsess over some literally who kicking his ass once might as well make him act sooner instead of stargazing and screaming at his ring
>>
>>93097137
They'd just have killed him and Guy Gardner and any other lanterns right during the power out if "corps pop up and give functioning rings" was a possibility. Maybe they'd all have been flying together or something.
>>
>>93097263
I am surprised they didn't see that one coming, Luthor would be the first person to take advantage of super heroes losing their powers
>>
>>93098690
Met em, fought em, was created by them, had to deal with their shenanigans, done their dirty work because they suck at being gods, actually was one of them at one point, met and dealt with other pantheons' bullshit... the list goes on.

Seriously, this is like Zamiel converting to Buddism. Moench is an idiot.
>>
>>93097288
>news mentions techno-heroes rising
>Booster and Beetle show up fighting Toyman
>suddenly science team doesn't know they are not bio-heroes
>>
>>93097412
>green dabbing man
>>
>>93097060
OK at first I figure it was going to reveal Blue and Gold were just coping through shallow revelry but am I to honestly believe they both saw fucking Steel die and then continued to act like dude bros to force some hamfisted levity and excuse their absence in assisting the other heroes in figuring out what's going on?!
This is worse than just shitty writing, this is scat fetishist writing. That's when the writer begins gleefully playing with their own shit.
>>
File: 1335784317275.gif (3MB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
1335784317275.gif
3MB, 333x250px
>>93097860
Been awhile since I've needed this to express my baffled disgust and disappointment.
>>
You know, you'd think someone would have attempted to recreate the condition that gave them super powers. That seems like a basic idea, but no one even tried it here.

>>93097328
Everyone with powers, although they barely show any villains - and cyborg villains still kept their powers.

Also, the writer of this story seemed to think that the Atom could shrink due to innate super powers, rather than tech.
>>
>>93097567
Well good fucking job Kyle
>>
>>93097603
>Kyle gets a statue for world's biggest disappointment
>>
>>93097803
>>93097919
That sounds really retarded to be honest
>>
>>93097901
>Hal Jordan
>???
>>
>>93095859
Why must you torment us like this?
>>
>>93097187
>>93097206
I'm sorry did the entire Kent Farm and Clark's years as the son of a farmer get depowered by the Black Light too?
>A WONDROUS woman
Splendid.
>>
>>93097299
>>93097315
>>93097329
>>93097329
>>93097354
This is like a toy commercial.
>>
>>93095873
>>
>>93099425
Exactly.
>>
>>93096847
>completely different species somehow lose their "powers" despite them being an inherent biological process
The problem isn't that Lex and Batman keep their stuff, the problem is that the who loses what is extremely inconsistent.
>>
>>93100818
This
>>
>>93097112
Let's look at the bright side of this.
GOD DAMN, does Diana look good in that dress.
>>
>>93103788
Deserves a good boning she does.
>>
>>93104415
Agreed.
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 161

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.