[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever noticed how bad adult cartoons are at fleshing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: does marge have friends.jpg (35KB, 495x161px) Image search: [Google]
does marge have friends.jpg
35KB, 495x161px
Have you ever noticed how bad adult cartoons are at fleshing out their casts? In so many of the main casts only one or two of the characters have close friends outside of the family.

Marge doesn't have friends.
Lisa doesn't have friends.
Haley and Francine Smith don't have friends.
Lois, Peter, Meg, Brian and Stewie don't have friends.
>>
>>93092149
Peter does have friends you retard. He's one of the only ones on FG that does that actually affect the plot: Joe, Quagmire, and Cleveland.

Lois hangs out with Bonnie. And I guess Clevelands new wife now? Meh has her geeky friends when the plot remembers it. Chris has no friends. Stewie has Brian.
>>
>>93092149
Marge has mom friends, like all the other moms in the community.
Lisa doesn't have friends as part of her character.
Haley makes friends all the time but she never needs a consistent group when half her character is being anti-Stan.
Meg has 3 friends, one with braces, the black one and the jew.
Stewie's friends would all be babies and Brian's friends are Peter's.
>>
>>93092149
>adult cartoons
>implying kids' cartoons ever do this at all
>>
>>93093220
>>93093239
>>93093240
>being this retarded
Re read the original posts you dumb idiots
>>
>>93092149

It's because it's animation you dipshit. It's not a storytelling choice, it's a practical choice. A rotating cast of friends is just more characters to design. model and animate.
>>
>>93093220
>Peter does have friends you retard
I listed Peter by accident.

>>93093239
>Marge has mom friends, like all the other moms in the community.

How often do you see Marge interacting with Milhouse's or Ralph's mom or Helen Lovejoy?

>Lisa doesn't have friends as part of her character.
It's always been inconsistent and changes with the episode. In some she's friends with Janie, Sherry and Terry. In "Lisa's Rival" we see Allison but I don't think she ever shows up again after that episode. In other episodes we see her being good buddies with the clique of nerds and the Yearbook Club. But the writers have gotten such a hardon for the "Lisa is a lonely social outcast" that she's become a total loner unless it's Michelle Obama or Lady Gaga or some grown-ass adult.

>>93093327
Plenty of other cartoons can pull off a big cast. Look at how many side characters in Arthur not only get fleshed out, but have multiple episodes in which they're the protagonist. The Simpsons and Family Guy have enormous casts anyway, and these shows have huge budgets too.
>>
Continuing from >>93093562
>>93093327
>A rotating cast of friends is just more characters to design. model and animate.

Shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy already have to go through the effort to put these characters in the background or include them in gags or whatever. It's not like giving them a bit more prominence would make the show a lot harder to produce.
>>
>>93093283
Did, my post still stands as is.
Idiot.
>>
Watch better adult shows. Namely, Venture Bros.
>>
>>93092149
I don't watch much of the Simpsons so Marge and Lisa probably don't have any friends.

Haley is shown with some occasionally when the plot needs it but she's usually got Jeff now. Francine has a small group of other moms, especially that lesbian one.

Lois hangs out with Bonnie and Donna now. Peter has Brian, Joe, Quagmire and Cleveland. Meg has a small group of friends when the plot needs it. Brian and Stewie have each other.
>>
>>93092149
stewie and brian don't need any friends they've got each other
>>
>>93093873
Or Bob's Burgers or F Is For Family.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.