[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TMNT 2003: The Lost Episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: LostLogo.gif (23KB, 360x184px) Image search: [Google]
LostLogo.gif
23KB, 360x184px
So what's the /co/nsensus on this season? The later ones seem pretty universally hated (though it's unclear which one of the two is worse), but I'm not sure about this one.

I also read something about this being the final season with heavy influence from Peter Laird, and someone even claimed he may have financed this season himself - is this true at all?
>>
>>93088912

It was a big downhill drop in quality from season 4 and the toyetic aspect got more in-your-face than ever. Which was funny, because Playmates ultimately didn't do a major toy tie-in with the stuff from this season (a major reason why they skipped it in broadcast in favor of FF).

But it at least looks like a proper followup to season 4 and there are major story elements connecting it directly from the previous season. It also gives a good sense of closure on all the major arcs and lingering plot threads. Bad toy stuff aside, you could watch this season and stop here and feel like you got a complete story out of the show.

FF and BttS had involvement from Laird, but you could tell his involvement was mostly done in protest. Neither show look or feel like the first five seasons and since both FF and BttS were abruptly cancelled, neither conclude their storylines or fulfill their narrative promises, so you get no sense of closure on them.

You're better off just watching season 1-5, skipping to Turtles Forever and pretending like FF and BttS didn't happen.
>>
>>93089247
>You're better off just watching season 1-5, skipping to Turtles Forever and pretending like FF and BttS didn't happen.

That's how I've always felt about it and it's not uncommon advice from what I've seen around the web.
>>
>>93089247
Awesome post, but do you know anything about the claim that Laird financed season 5 himself? It would be great to know if that is in fact true or not.
>>93089295
Speaking of Turtles Forever, does that movie tie in with season 6 or 7 in any way? And is it still worth watching if you were never able to get into the 1987 cartoon at all?
>>
>>93089518
>Speaking of Turtles Forever, does that movie tie in with season 6 or 7 in any way? And is it still worth watching if you were never able to get into the 1987 cartoon at all?

The visual aesthetic in Turtles Forever is the BTTS redesign, but that's the only connection. BTTS doesn't even flow into Turtles Forever on a narrative level, as Serling is missing and "the Shredder War" that it was building up to never happens.

And Turtles Forever is good even if you don't like the 87 cartoon, as it's a celebration of the whole history of the TMNT franchise. So even if you aren't an uber fan and only have vague understandings of other shows, movies and comics the TMNT have been in, you can follow it and enjoy it. Provides a satisfying end to the Ch'rell-Shredder, too.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.