[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comic bait and switches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

Comic bait and switches
>>
>>93088672
At least we now know Lex Luthor never played the bongos
>>
File: jli.jpg (350KB, 1125x1193px) Image search: [Google]
jli.jpg
350KB, 1125x1193px
>Generation Lost was great
>Thought we would get more of the same
>Instead rebooted in nu52
>Book is awful uninspired and canceled
>>
>>93088672
N52 Lois deserved it. N52 Lana is superior in every category.

>>93088918
"Generation Lost" never ended, did it?
>>
>>93088672
>ANAD Uncanny Avengers has Spider-man on the #1 cover
>Peter leaves the team in issue #1
>never returns.
I was pretty damn pissed.
>>
It ended that is the last page
>>
>>93088672
>I remember specifically seeking this comic out at a not so local FLCS because I remembered seeing the cover on /co/ and thinking it looked pretty dope.
>Asked if they had Spectacular Spider-man 101 and they did.
>Bought it for like five bucks I think
>turns out it was a completely forgettable filler story without even having the black spider-man costume in it.
I guess that's what I get for being unfamiliar with mid 80s comics.

Is there some kind of award for coolist covers to mediocre issue? If so, what are some other contenders?
>>
>>93088965
Spider-man is the go to for that. I remember that happening in Mighty Avengers too.
>>
>>93089186
so you judged a book by its cover.
>>
>>93089539
Guilty as charged.
>>
>>93088672
Steve Gerber's original Exiles.

Superhero team book. Was solicited and advertised as an ongoing. Was actually a miniseries. Team was killed off at the end of the final issue. To keep it a secret Malibu sold pre-orders to retailers for upcoming issues that didn't even exist. Once the final issue came out LCS owners were PISSED and Malibu had to refund everybody.
>>
>>93088965
Spider-man can easily take up all the oxygen in a book. They could honestly have a team book that included him, try hard not to focus on him in every issue, and release a sister issue too that is "that main comic but in Spider-Man's perspective", and even with the inevitable story gaps of him not being there for everything, it'd probably still sell better.
>>
>>93089601
they actually took money for books thy knew wouldn't exist, and expected noone was going to ask for a refund on comics they were never getting?
>>
>>93089785
I mean, I can understand it. Make pre-orders for something, people order it, a non-zero amount of people will forget or be unable to cancel and refund the order once the news comes out. Free profit.
>>
File: file.png (678KB, 420x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
678KB, 420x640px
>>
File: Thunderbolts_Vol_2_1.jpg (192KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolts_Vol_2_1.jpg
192KB, 900x1366px
>>93088672
every fucking issue
>>
>>93088965

He would've taken away valuable page-time from Deadpool
>>
>>93088965
Actually, he popped for the last Duggan arc as a reserve Avenger alongside Wong.
>>
>>93089195
That was Spock and Peter returned to the team after he got his body back
>>
File: 922169-bg_cv1_ds_copy.jpg (52KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
922169-bg_cv1_ds_copy.jpg
52KB, 416x640px
People really should have known that this was not Cass.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.