[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oversized Dark Horse books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: kabuki cover.jpg (128KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
kabuki cover.jpg
128KB, 600x796px
I'm going to be picking up this series on Amazon this week. It's the 'Library Edition' meaning is 12x9 inches.

How are the bindings on these oversized Dark Horse hardcovers? I assume they are really good cause these days Dark Horse is printing a lot of the high end stuff like Mobius's works and I think The Borgias.
Are there any issues with skewing the images to fit this format? All the reviews for this were great but one said that it skewed it a bit. I'm assuming that's only the first book, Circle of Blood cause the rest of the books like Dreams and Metamorphosis are printed differently origionally and never read any complains about that. And I already own Circle of Blood anyway so if it's a bit skewed that's ok by me, getting it for the nice size and the extras.

Anyhow, Dark Horse general? Post your oversized books.
>>
Shameless selfbump for info
>>
I have no idea about the bindings but the images are definitely skewed on Kabuki. People have always told me to buy the paperbacks.
>>
>>93090590
Do you know if that is for all the issues or hust circle of blood though? Because perfect circles are integral to that it makes sense. But his later stuff is more abstract and also very different layout
>>
>>93090738
All of it

>the page size of the originals is 6 1/2" x 10 1/8" (an aspect ratio of 0.64) and the library edition is 8 7/8" x 12" (an aspect ratio of 0.74).

It's like watching a movie that's been stretched.
>>
>>93090801
Ug....that sucks. Now i am doubting doing that...i thought Dark Horse was smarter
>>
>>93090801
Is this a problem with a lot of Dark Horse oversized stuff? They are reprinting a lot of euro stuff
>>
>>93090880
Yep, stopped me buying them

>>93090990
No idea
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.