[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: under.jpg (119KB, 843x591px) Image search: [Google]
under.jpg
119KB, 843x591px
Was it good?
>>
File: kids.png (494KB, 843x591px) Image search: [Google]
kids.png
494KB, 843x591px
>>93086930
>>
>>93086961
My version is better
>>
>>93086930
If you've ever read and enjoyed the books, you will love this movie.

If you've never read the books, probably not so much.
>>
>>93086930
No. I loved the books as a child, but when I went back to read it I said,
>Wtf is this garbage?
>And I threw them away like a dumb-ass.
>>
>>93086930
Fantastic.
>>
>need to wait a month for the release

thanks, whoever is in charge of this.
>>
>>93086930
I went and saw it a couple days ago and I loved it. Animation looked great, didn't really go for cheap gross-out jokes like you would've expected it to, making it really funny even for someone older like me. It's been a long long time since I've read the books so I didn't feel very much nostalgia like other people have. Really good movie though, but not for everyone.
>>
Is nobody going to mention Loss in George's hand?
>>
File: gsk.png (604KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gsk.png
604KB, 1024x768px
>>93090423
>two months for me
>others have to wait till august or fall
What
the fuck
were they thinking?
>>
>>93086930
I certainly thought so. It actually felt like it was made by talented people who put care and effort into it. It also did a good job of maintaining the spirit of the books.

I loved the books when I was a kid, so nostalgia is a huge factor in how much one enjoys it, I think. If you didn't grow up with the books, I don't know if you'll enjoy it as much, but I'd argue it's still a good movie.
>>
Too bad it bombed
>>
>>93088169
I never read the books and I loved it.

Or rather I haven't read the books in a looooong time and remember nothing about them.
>>
>>93092605
They probably want to show the movie when all the kids are on summer vacation.
>>
>cartoony style with hyper-realistic hair and fabrics etc
shit gives me uncanny valley vibes for some reason
>>
>the comic in George's hand
!!!!!
>>
>>93088169
This is all I needed to hear. I'll see if my kid brother is interested so I don't feel as goofy seeing it myself
>>
>>93086930
>loss is in a big budget movie aimed for children
what a time to be alive
>>
>>93092956
Same shit as the Earthbound kids on Smash Bros
>>
>>93086930
The only thing that was weird to me was that I didn't once hear Melvin say "You guys are so immature". The one thing I distinctly remember from the books is that that was basically like his catchphrase
>>
>>93093162
it's fake
>>
>>93086930
I went to see it on Tuesday with a couple friends.
One of them loved it, so did I.
The other guy walked out because he hated how all the adults were being portrayed as too mean-spirited.
>>
>>93093232
:(
>>
>>93093208
>This is George Beard and Harold Hutchins. George is the kid on the left with the flat top and tie. Harold is the kid on the right with the t-shirt and bad haircut. Remember that now.

Every book opened with that so it surprises me that it wasn't used in the movie. That and a couple other running jokes in the narration could've easily been incorporated into George and Harold's fourth wall breaking. Missed opportunity.
>>
>>93092753
It doesn't seem to have finished it's release if this thread is any indication.
>>
>>93092753
There's too many bigger movies competing against it. I bet once it hits Netflix, it'll get more popular.
>>
>>93093294

Your friend sounds like a huge stick-in-the-mud.
>>
File: 1470542546336.jpg (42KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
1470542546336.jpg
42KB, 344x344px
>>93086930
>>
>>93092030
Kek
>>
>>93086961
How did you get it to do that
>>
>>93093633
I thought at the beginning they they introduced themselves with basically those same descriptions
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.