[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Flashpoint actually good/worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is Flashpoint actually good/worth reading?
>>
>>93084518
I dig it.
I'm all for the potential of speedforce fuckery actually being acknowledged. And who doesn't like a good AU or AT. The only characters that are written full retard are maybe WW and Aquaman but they do some major damage so there's no reason to be insulted.
>>
>>93084518
it's pretty good. it kind of felt rushed though.
>>
>>93084518
If you understand it was written as just filler like Convergence and not intended as a reboot, it's pretty good once you realize how bad it could potentially be.
>>
The main Flashpoint series was the only one I read, but I thought it was a pretty cool story. Alternate timeline and Thomas Wayne Batman, shriveled prisoner Superman, and these other versions of the DC characters were kind of cool. Very self-contained kind of thing
>>
It was grimdark as only it could be. I did like how they portrayed Batman though. Without spoilers, he wasn't a total pussy like Bruce when it came to dealing with crime. He was probably the best part of the whole thing.
>>
>>93084616
Fits with it being a Flash focused event no?
>>
>>93084518
It's pretty stupid bad grimderp shit. The only thing worth value is Thawne being an asshole, like usual with Barry.
>>
>>93084518
Mostly for the Reverse-Flash special.
>>
File: Zoom's dickery.png (409KB, 575x345px) Image search: [Google]
Zoom's dickery.png
409KB, 575x345px
>>93085888
No joke.
>>
>>93084518
I'm slowly making my way through DC's events of the 2000's, and Flashpoint is up next. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find this damn book. I know I could buy it on Amazon, but I'd rather go to an actual store.
>>
Very, very fun what-if story.
>>
>>93084518
It's great if you know what you're getting into: "ONE thing went wrong so Whoops, time to burn down the planet." Things get so bad it reaches Star Trek Mirror Universe levels of everything ends badly, everyone dies about now, all hope is lost.
But really, it's kind of a fun read. Lots of surprizes.
>>
>>93084518

Not really.
>>
>>93084518
It gave us Element Girl.
>>
The canterbury cricket was a neat one shot
>>
>>93084518
The main books were meh. Some of the tie ins are great, though.
>>
>>93084616
Totally rushed because it seems like it wasn't supposed to be a universe altering event but half way through someone in editorial was like Yo New 52 Nigga!!!
>>
I only read Secret Seven tie-in because Shade was in it
>>
>>93084518
It was okay. Some of the ideas were pretty cool, like Thomas Wayne Batman, pirate Deathstroke and Captain Thunder showing up.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.