[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the Fleischer Superman shorts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1686.jpg (198KB, 1348x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1686.jpg
198KB, 1348x1012px
What does /co/ think of the Fleischer Superman shorts?
>>
>>93083356
Fucking amazing, but I don't know if there is much more to say about them.
>>
>>93083356
good shit
>>
It would have been better if it had been made with the iconic villain gallery that Supes has today. You can only get through so many "generic robbers/evil scientists".
>>
>>93083356
Historically important and the GOAT Superman costume.
>>
File: 1486918683314.jpg (131KB, 1536x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1486918683314.jpg
131KB, 1536x1022px
Best costume.
>>
Generic, overly-keyframed Flash garbage.
>>
>>93084383
wew
>>
>>93083356
Are the Famous studios shorts worth watching too?
>>
>>93083356
love these only just discovered them, wish supes was more like this today, man im old
>>
I was always super excited when one of these showed up in a block of old cartoons. the music was amazing and it had better animation than a lot of the cartoons that were coming out at the time.
>>
>>93083356
If it's Fleischer, how come there wasn't a short where he rescues Betty Boop, or fights/teams up with Popeye the Sailor? I would of loved to see that shit.
>>
>>93083356
KINO
I
N
O
>>
>>93083356

The last few aren't particularly good anymore.
>>
Well animated and short while still telling a complete story. Pretty great
>>
>>93086968
The only episode I didn't care for was the Gorilla one.
>>
>>93083356
They're amazing. Something I only noticed while watching them as an adult was just how little dialogue there was. They mostly just let the visuals and the music tell the story and it works beautifully.

Objectively best Superman theme as well.
>Fully restored official Blu-ray release fucking never
>>
>>93087025

I found the underground cave filled with hawkmen to be more of a bore. Even the concept is fucking weird, wouldn't bats make more sense?
>>
>>93087031
>Fully restored official Blu-ray release fucking never

Because it's public domain. The restoration process would be costly and thus there's little money in it.
>>
The characters were weirdly animated. Every other scene, Clark and Lois looked like half-contorted versions of Elmer Fudd .
>>
Superman punching a laser is one of the coolest things I've ever seen
>>
>>93084180
Perfection
>>
>>93083356
Good and iconic, both for the character of Superman (establishing most of the basic facts we know about him) and the way it was produced (pioneered rotoscoping)
>>
All Superman before JL are shit
>>
>>93084180
It doesn't fit the costume.
I'm not saying this is a better design, but it needs to be flatter and sharper to fit the dynamic of that look. That being said, its the overall design that needs to change.
>>
The comet one was spooky.
>>
>>93083356
They're really nostalgic even if you weren't alive when they were made, and the animation is absolutely SPECTACULAR.
>>
>tfw we will literally never see hand drawn animation of this quality ever again
>>
>>93088391
If you were wondering, it's so lifelike because most of Superman's actions were rotoscoped These guys were one of the first (or first) to do it
>>
File: 3957586-ac+421.jpg (495KB, 863x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3957586-ac+421.jpg
495KB, 863x1280px
>>93086440
Both Popeye and Superman were comics owned by different companies, having them toguether would have been a legal nightmare (pic related is a parody).
While they owned Betty Boop I imagine having the rights for Superman must have been such a huge deal at the time that it was better not to risk it.
>>
>>93086959
and actual kino, not BvS meme shit
>>
>>93086088
Hit and miss. Still good in terms of animation, once you get past the stereotyping.

That said, I'm biased towards 'Eleventh Hour'. There's something about the short that just clicks towards me.

>>93086440
Well, Popeye's VA voices the villain in the first short, so that counts...sort of.
>>
>>93088439
Not to mention the ludicrous budget they had to work with
>>
>>93084180
One of the better edits I've seen on the MoS costume, although Cavill looks better with a longer cape, and really the trunks are not necessary. Could go with a black/red/gold stylized belt of some kind.
>>
>>93083356
One of my earliest introductions to Superman and I still love it.
seeing Superman punch a laser beam while that music is playing is the definitive Supes for me.
>>
This was back when Superman jumped instead of flying, right? These short were my first exposure to Superman and I'm sure I always assumed he flied.

>>93086440
>>93088839
>>93090913
There is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfjAyTmUl78
>>
>>93091212
This was one of the first times Superman was shown flying rather than 'leaping in a single bound' as seen in previous mediums. Originally intended as a cop-out since animating his leaps looked awkward as fuck.
>>
I like watching AMVs/fanvids and I found this one recently relevant to this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnErkGI1A94

It's okay.
>>
>>93083356
I fucking love them. I want them.
>>
>>93084180
Transcendental, but behind the "S" needs to be yellow or white.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.