[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will he ever get a faithful adaptation to the big screen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: doom-feat1.jpg (401KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
doom-feat1.jpg
401KB, 1080x720px
Will he ever get a faithful adaptation to the big screen?
>>
>>93081933
It's borderline impossible, you'd need a costume designer able to capture his metallic regality, a writer able to give him dialogue that is both hammy but somehow serious and intimidating, a director who knows how to present him, producers who actually care, and an actor with the right tone, voice, and body language also said actor would never take his mask off.
>>
>>93082083
None of this is harder than making a good Iron Man or Doctor Strange film which have both been done.
>>
>>93082177

They've been done by a competent studio. Unfortunately, Fox owns the rights to Doom.
>>
>>93082200
>Fox owns the rights to Doom
Fuck I forgot they've got the rights to the Fantastic Four. How do they even divide these things up. Doom isn't solely restricted to the FF.
>>
>>93082293
But his most personal beef is with Reed Richards. Other heroes are just in the way, not his arch nemesis.
>>
>>93082200
But the best X-Men movies are better than anything in the MCU.
>>
someone recommend me a good doom story
>>
>>93082614
dr strange and dr doom triumph and torment
>>
File: Oh_wait_youre_serious.jpg (38KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_wait_youre_serious.jpg
38KB, 363x310px
>>93082517
>>
>>93082083
Darth Vader
>>
>>93081933
who would play a good DOOM?

For some reason I think Kelsey Grammer would have the bassy voice chops, that behind a slight metallic filter would sound good. But DOOM always struck me as a baritone.

>>93082177
I think Doom would be more difficult to pull off. To be fair, Iron Man is just RDJ playing RDJ and movie Strange is just playing off Iron Man. I don't think Strange was particularly well actualised, but it works for the format of a hollywood movie.

We'l never find out though, Doom is tied to F4 and we'll never see that relinquished while it's a Marvel property.
>>
>>93082722
>implying i'm wrong
>>
>>93082083
https://youtu.be/iWxo1VV3QyY

Now imagine a remake by THE MOUSE
>>
>>93082083
Culp did a good job in my opinion
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.