[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly are the key differences between them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: Which.jpg (96KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Which.jpg
96KB, 1366x768px
What exactly are the key differences between them?
>>
>>93080084
*popular youtube video comment*
>>
I'm gonna let you in on a huge secret.

There aren't any.

Everyone here just has a small penis.
>>
>>93080084
one is obsessive compulsion disorder
the other is depression
>>
File: IMG_2830.jpg (73KB, 667x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2830.jpg
73KB, 667x447px
>>93080118
Its funny cause its true
>>
>>93080084
DC has better legacy characters

Marvel has the X-Men, who are pretty cool.
>>
One uses Blue for its logo, the other uses red, beyond that, not much.
>>
>>93080084
DC has heroes that want to help a people and in return they're grateful to them for it.

Marvel has cynical assholes that feel obliged to help people who hate them regardless.
>>
>>93080386
What do you mean by cynical assholes?
>>
>>93080822
>>93080386
Don't you mean a-holes?
>>
>>93080104
>DC heroes are Gods pretending to be humans
>Marvel Heroes are humans pretending to be gods
>>
If you're actually interested google "Hypercrisis Marvel Machine" for an alternative point of view.
>>
>>93080084
universal structuring
Marvel's multiverse is contained within a giant entity called Eternity
DC's Multiverse currently consists of 52 universes stacked in a pyramid shape
>>
>>93080909
Hate that view, hate it so fucking much.
>>
>>93080909
fucking triggered
>>
>>93080084

DC has two good characters, Marvel has 5-10 good characters
>>
>>93081207
Kind of an exaggeration but yeah.
>>
>>93081255
>>93081207
Which ones?
>>
>>93081272
Robotman
Ted Kord
Peter Parker
Ben Grimm
Dr. Strange
Dr. Doom
Cyclops
Nick Fury
Daredevil
She-Hulk
>>
>>93081272

I'm only counting characters that are part of the official superhero canon of the companies. DC published a Harvey Pekar book once, but Harvey Pekar isn't a """"DC character,"""" and neither is anyone from Watchmen or V for Vendetta.

>DC
Superman
Bizarro
Batman
The Joker
Two-Face
>Marvel
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Professor X
Magneto
Deadpool
The Punisher
Doctor Strange
Doctor Doom
The Hulk
Nico Minoru
Xavin
Vision
Daredevil
Kamala Khan
>>
>>93081494
lol
Are those the only DC characters you know?
>>
>>93081825

Green Lantern is boring and shit
The Flash is boring and shit
Wonder Woman is boring and shit
Aquaman is boring and shit
The Teen Titans are boring and shit
>>
>>93082018
so you don't know any DC characters, basically.
>>
>>93082055

enlighten me
>>
>>93082018
Those five things are literally more interesting by themselves than the entirety of modern Marvel.
>>
>>93080909
>>93081169
>>93081199
It's true though.

DC has always had more mythic heroes, the ones who represent ideals rather than people, we strive to be like these heroes but they are something we couldn't actually achieve

Marvel has always been vary human with they're characters, we don't strive to be like them more that we see ourselves as them even if we couldn't be exactly like them, their obstetrical were things we could relate to.
>>
>>93082107
Sorry, but this is such bullshit.
Maybe this was true back in the day, but both companies have portrayed heroes in both ways many, many times.
>>
>>93082075
Jonathan Kent, Barry Allen, Superman, Wally West, Wally West, Damian, Mr Oz, Dr. Manhattan(:^)), Aquaman, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne
>>
>>93082186

>Superboy
>Robin

are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>93082145
The characters have evolved over the years, there's no questioning that, but this was what the origins of them were and underneath it that's still there.

Just think about how the movies portray them.

DC movies are always linking their characters back to how mythological they are and Marvel movies are always trying to drive him their humanity. The devil is in the details.
>>
>>93082256
Superdad dad dicks all off Marvel, yeah
Supersons is interesting and fun, yeah
>>
>>93082107
I've always despised that about DC heroes. Maybe that's why I like villains like Catman or Deadshot more.
>>
>>93080084

Marvel was built by the same like 6 dudes and DC is a shambling Frankenstein of different companies
>>
>>93080084

one of them is one you grew up with as a child, the other isn't
>>
>>93082145
Your arguments are paper thin and mainly based in emotion
>>
>>93080084
Are there any DC goodguys/superheros who look unatractive? I know Marvel has heros like Hulk, the Thing, and Groot. But what does DC have?
>>
>>93082279
No wonder the DC movies suck.
>>
>>93082256
Not the same poster, but no joke.
Read some of the good Robin shit.
>>
>>93082321
What about that was based in emotion? It is a literal fact that Marvel has some mythic god-like heroes and DC has some relatable street-level heroes.
>>
File: poisonous and evil.jpg (30KB, 605x395px) Image search: [Google]
poisonous and evil.jpg
30KB, 605x395px
>>93081494
>Jean Grey
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>93082323
J'onn in his natural form, M'gann in her natural form, Cyborg underneath his face plating.
>>
>>93082323
>>93082489
Swamp Thing, Frankenstein, Question, Etrigan, and so on.
>>
>>93082606
>Question
I never thought he was supposed to be ugly or unattractive. He's a TV news anchor and as the Question he doesn't even have a face.
>>
moderism vs. classicism
>>
>>93081207
Plastic Man
Constantine

The Thing
Daredevil
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer
Dr Doom
Hercules
>>
>>93080084
One is owned by Disney and is therefore shit.
>>
It kind of wavers depending on the time period and writer, but as a whole modern DC books tend to be darker and more drama-focused than Marvel books, which tend to focus more on "adventure."
>>
>>93082953
>and as the Question he doesn't even have a face.
I think that was his point.
>>
>>93082107
>t. casual
>>
>>93082279
>DC movies are always linking their characters back to how mythological they are
Because the film makers are mostly casual idiots.

Superman is a more grounded and human character than literally any of Marvels.
>>
>>93082305
This.
>>
>>93080084
I actually remember a good comparison that was made; but to properly structure it, we're gonna need the help of our good friend from /a/, Goku!

Oh no, Goku is fighting a big bad in X universe and needs to use the Spirit Bomb.

If X = Marvel; only about half of the heroes try to help Goku, the other half are unsure or infighting about helping an evil alien, and the villains may be trying to take advantage of the situation. The Spirit Bomb fails, but that's okay because Y character(s) come in and beat him in an "unseen" way. Now there is an arc following it where Goku is put on trial for siphoning energy and someone possibly dies, quits, or loses their powers. Also racism, or something.

If X = DC; Almost all the heroes, and some of the villains, give energy to Goku. Goku uses the spirit bomb in a magnificent fashion. Following that he is either scouted by the Justice League or Y team, has bantz with characters, and the edgy person of that arc will either be cautious or temporarily quit. Also aliens talking about how they integrated into Earth just like Goku.
>>
>>93083191
That's the movies, dumb ass. Have you ever even read the comics? And I not just talking about the uber popular ones.

DC does darker movies, while Marvel does fun movies.

DC does fun comics, while Marvel does darker comics.

Seriously, when you see Mr. Fantastic cutting up Tony's brain, and Sandman voreing himself into Peter Parker... you realize which one is trying harder to seem adult.
>>
>>93083677
That's actually pretty good.
Explains why I've been enjoying DC more and more lately.
>>
>>93083710
Man Ultimate Comics were absolute garbage.
>>
>>93083588
>Superman = Grounded and Human
I'm gonna let you think about this. Take all the time you need.
>>
>>93080909
>>93081130
>>93083677
these.
>>
>>93082424
No one is talking about the heroes themselves, we'er talking about how they are being presented. The tone of the worlds.

DC is heavily rooted in classic character archetypes and Marvel is rooted in humanism.

God damn why is this such a fucking debate, it's not even like this makes the comics all retroactively good or bad it's just an observation.
>>
>>93084085

Not to mention that DC love to compare their superpowered heroes to gods and create a distinction between the superpowered ones, ie gods, and the normal ones, ie lowly humans.

Take for example Batman, who they love to show as the ultimate human hero and keeper of the gods, standing there on watch keeping the god-like heroes in line so they never abuse their powers against the lowly humans they swore to protect.
>>
>>93080084
DC = Dark, Magical, Classic Tropes, Mysterious, Smart writing, Detective, Inspiring, Symbolic, Icons, Yin and Yang,.

Marvel = SJW, Butch girl body, Lesbian hair, Muslim subtext, Anti white, Liberal hipsters, irrational thinking, Random,
YAassssssss Queen, Tumblr, Race bend, Gender bend, Minorities.
>>
>>93083986
I don't understand your objection? Superman is objectively the most grounded, human and relatable superhero of all time......if you actually understand the character.
>b-but his powers
are fucking completely irrelevant to who he is as a person.
>h-he's an alien
is completely irrelevant to who he is as a person

He's one of the few superheros that has no personal tragedy that shapes him. He's just a regular guy that was raised by great parents and wants to help people because he can.

I bet you think Batman is relatable right?
>>
>>93080084
DC is the OG
Marvel is the one who always tries to keep up
>>
>>93084292

>I don't understand your objection? Superman is objectively the most grounded, human and relatable superhero of all time......if you actually understand the character.

If you ignore every other time he's compared to a god inside the comics.
>>
>>93084085
>The tone of the worlds.
>DC is heavily rooted in classic character archetypes and Marvel is rooted in humanism.
Wrong!

The Marvel world is our own but with a glass half empty attitude while the DC world is our own with a glass half full attitude.

Neither one has absolutely anything to do with this fucking hurr durr gods and humans shit.
>>
>>93084335
>every other time he's compared to a god inside the comics
The fuck does that have to do with anything? They're mostly always talking about his powerset or those characters don't actually understand him either.
>>
>>93084364

What about the times Superman himself thought of him as a god?
>>
>>93084392
Shitty writer that doesn't understand the character. Superman has unfortunately been plagued by many of them.
>>
>>93084327
is like saying nintendo is the best because they were first

DC has basically been releasing wii games recently
>>
>>93084403

Dude, DC loves to show Superman as a god among men. Or the Justice League as a pantheon of gods. Even Batman sometimes is shown as a godlike being. It is a conscious and deliberate effort.
>>
>>93084436
I'm a way yes
>>
>>93084292
I'm going to say this again cause it bares repeating.

SUPERMAN IS AN IDEAL.

He is a representation of what you should do with that kind of power, he is the archetypal rural american good ol' boy who grew up with parents who taught him to do right with what he has.

This is they plainest and most simplistic character you can have, and for most it's a jumping off point. Where his character get's really interesting is when these ideals he grew up with come in to question, but up until that point, he's pretty much just Superman. You never have to ask what Superman will do in a situation, you know what he will do cause he's Superman.

And Batman is pretty much the same. He is the Archetypal cynic who views everything though a suspicious eye. Every hard boiled detective, every jaded action hero, they are all seen in batman in some form or another. You know exactly how batman will act, he'll always have a plan or be the one who's questioning everything never taking anything at face value.

I don't relate to Batman, I can't imagine a single person in real life who could actually 100% relate to Batman any more then someone can relate to Superman. You can admire them, and look up to them, but actually put yourself in their shoes, feel the same feelings they go through, I just don't see it.

And here's the thing I think you might be missing, I don't think that's bad. I like human characters but I like Archetypal characters too. I'm not even saying one is better than the other, all I'm saying is that these are who these characters are.
>>
>>93084349
Ok you're just retarded, You just said exactly what I did but a different way.

Glass half full = Ideal heroes, ideal world

Glass half empty = Realistic heroes, realistic world

Sit the fuck down you idiot
>>
I kind of like DC's universe better but I prefer Marvel's characters.
>>
>>93084213

>DC = smart writing
>>
>>93081494
>>93081207
>he thinks Deadpool, Jean Grey are cool
>He doesn't think Constantine, Flash Family, and New Gods are good

t. Marvelfriend.
>>
>>93080159
Pretty much.
>>
DC: the ideal heros who adapt to the society

Marvel: the common people who learn to become heros
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.