[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harmless cartoon villians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1460949304304.jpg (100KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1460949304304.jpg
100KB, 1080x1920px
So what are the best characteristics of a classic cartoon villain? Who are the best Saturday morning cartoon baddies? How does he manage to be evil but somehow never manages to drastically harm the hero's? I'm not talking about incompetent henchmen, just the main villain failing at everything.

I ask cause for one of my D&D games I plan on being a cartoon villain and you guys would know better then /tg/.
>>
>>93078315
Skeletor isn't harmless, the heroes he fights are just too powerful for him.
When unchecked skeletor lays waste to everything in his path.
>>
File: Lord_Hater_-_The_Picnic_4.png (345KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Hater_-_The_Picnic_4.png
345KB, 1000x563px
>>93078366
This.

A proper saturday morning cartoon villain should be dangerous under normal circumstances, by comically overpowered (and frustrated) by the hero.
>>
File: Shredder.png (151KB, 365x273px) Image search: [Google]
Shredder.png
151KB, 365x273px
There is an episode of TMNT that shows what would happen in a world without mutants. Shredder conquers the world but is constantly buried in paperwork and bureaucracy. He even pleads to go to the version of reality where he didn't achieve his goals.
>>
>>93078850
lol, I saw some of TMNT back in the day but wasnt hardcore fan of it, mind tell me the episode please?
>>
>>93079022
Episode 43 (Season 3): Shredderville
>>
>>93078366
Pretty much.

The fact that he can even give any kind of trouble to someone who's title is "the most powerful man in the universe" really says something about his threat level.
>>
File: 1496963947789.png (302KB, 680x884px) Image search: [Google]
1496963947789.png
302KB, 680x884px
>>93079345
>>
>>93078366
>>93078750
>>93078850
OP here. Thanks for the info. I might be able to pull it off as long as I talk to my GM or have another character keep me in check.
>>
>>93080357
No prob OP
>>
>>93078366
>>93078750
He is a faceless wizard who regularly takes on what amounts to a non flying Superman who also happens to be a barbarian with no qualms against fucking up powerless muggles with a sword and axe.

Anyone who can handle that each week and get back up to do it some more is pretty fucking terrifying.

Skeletor would break lower power universes.
>>
>>93081215
Sword Hulk, he routinely gets his shit pushed in by magic Sword Hulk and does it again and again and again...

Starscream seems kind of weak in his universe too but taken out of context he is still a self aware ancient 30 foot tall giant robot with lasers attached to his arms. He would break a lot of other settings.
>>
>>93081215
Skeletor has actually rekt superman before, he's far from harmless.
>>
>>93078315
Her, and her Mars, in our universe. Where the most militarily powerful nation on earth can't even put a man in orbit anymore without help from Russia.
>>
>>93078315
Great villains have great egos and as a result are often their own worst enemy. They see their enemies as extensions of themselves in the sense that their foe shows the world how great of a threat they are. This typically causes the villain to resort to extravagant schemes and convoluted plots to undermine the hero because they wish to defeat them in a grand, theatrical fashion to demonstrate to everyone their own greatness. Their preference for spectacle typically causes them to overlook a more practical solution like just shooting their foe when they are on the toilet. After all, that would be anticlimactic and the rest of the world would never acknowledge the villain as great for resorting to such a lame tactic. As a result, they never win because they can never take into account all the variables that arise from all the moving pieces of their machinations due to their very nature of being over-complicated..
>>
>>93078315
Sounds like fun, what's your character's appearance/theme/aesthetics?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.