[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Crow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: thecrow.jpg (42KB, 528x343px) Image search: [Google]
thecrow.jpg
42KB, 528x343px
How does /co/ feel about The Crow in general? The comics, novels, movies etc.
Also...would you watch an animated movie/tv show based on The Crow?
>>
It's one of my favorites. Though most of the comics and the movies are very bad.
I don't remember much of the TV series.

I would only care about any adaptation if it was based on the original novel and didn't shy away from being miserable, depressive and emo as fuck. Eric shooting heroin and cutting himself with Gabriel the cat while remembering the past and the crow telling him to stop looking.
>>
Original comic and original movie are all I care about

Original comic, I love it, though it is much more of a niche thing, I wouldn't expect EVERYONE to like it

Original movie, IMO one of the greatest comic book films of all time, and one of my personal favorite movies period
>>
There's something so gutting about the overflowing emotions of the original comic, especially in the deluxe edition.

I love it.
>>
S'alright. Comics were kinda pretty, but the whole thing felt disjointed. First movie was properly done 90's edge, and possibly the most 90's movie of the 90's.
>>
File: no need to be upset.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
no need to be upset.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>93075892
>someone died for that movie
feels bad man
>>
It helps me get in touch with my inner Dermott.
>>
File: eric draven is not amused.jpg (153KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
eric draven is not amused.jpg
153KB, 500x583px
>>93076066
>one of the greatest comic book films of all time
Especially his magic 9mm with its auto-fire capability and invisible 110-round clipazine.

I love the movie to death, but I love it despite its obvious flaws, and GOAT is pushing things a bit.
>>
>>93076650
I said one of, to me there are only four candidates there anyway, Batman 89, the first two Supermen, and The Crow, nothing else comes close to any of those for me
>>
>>93075892
I love the movie
Dug the original comic a lot
TV show has a special place in my heart because I saw it when I was a kid. Cheesy and all but not bad.
That's about all I've seen/read.

Oh and the second movie which was meh as fuck.
>>
The original comics and movie are great.
The TV show didn't have the budget it needed and suffered a bit for having to tone down the violence but the core cast was excellent.

The rest of movies were trash.
Never read the later comics.
>>
>>93075892
I hate the art in the comic, it looks shitty to me. It's a very good comic though. The movie is very good except for the lame ending and the "he's getting his powers from the crow, it's so obvious" part. Heard all the other comics suck so I never tried them.
>>
>>93076650
/k/ommando detected.
>>
>>93077165
It is shitty. James O'Barr is no artist, really. He did pretty much most of the comic during his nights while serving in the Navy as a way to deal with his girlfriend being killed.
>>
>>93075892

I don't remember anything about The Crow, except that I liked The Crow.
>>
>>93075892
>Comic
Spectacular story but the lacking art holds it back in some aspects, particularly the emotions.

>Movie
Damn fine cinema, and makes me long for a time when superhero movies had a spectrum for every flavor and fan. Brandon's performance, the action, that gorgeous cinematography, it's one of the very best of the 90's action films, and that's a high standard indeed.

>Sequels
You know how Highlander had a really great, really interesting first movie that seemed like it should have lent itself well to exploring more of the story and unique powers, and then everything after happened?

It's that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.