[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listen up, you lowdown, jerkface, CN executives. You cancel all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: roll.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
roll.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Listen up, you lowdown, jerkface, CN executives.
You cancel all the good shows, air cartoons with no quality whatsoever, and you milked the few awesome cartoons left to death!
Get ready to kiss your ratings goodbye.
>>
>>93074885
Now which one's first gear again?
>>
R.E.G.I.S. was a god-tier villain.
>>
>>93075042
Bruce Campbell head was pretty good too
>>
>>93075095
Just tiny little legs.....
>>
File: an.jpg (116KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
an.jpg
116KB, 640x438px
>>93074885
>cartoon network will die in your lifetime
>>
>>93075132
>...
>I can't make it any easier for you
>>
They don't give a shit about ratings.

Executives are trying to make as much short term profit off of commercial time as possible before letting the company sink.

It's literally a scam: they air so much TTGO that is HAS to have the highest ratings so they can charge most for commercial time for it, and commercial buyers don't have any choice because 90% of the schedule is TTGO.

Executives are jumping ship and are right now lining their golden parachutes. And the sad thing is unlike in other industries there really isn't anywhere else for CN's staff to go. The executives will all transfer to other network jobs despite driving this one into the ground, the content creators will be lucky to get jobs for Disney and most will end up working in retail stores.
>>
>>93074885
We sold you to the government.
Now shut the fuck up
>>
Megas XLR had some of the best sight gags I've ever seen in a cartoon. The "the same button Coop pressed like five minutes ago" gag still puts me in stitches.
>>
>>93076070
ANTI COCOON!
DESTROY MOTH LIKE BUG!
ANTI COCOON!
DESTROY MOTH LIKE BUG!

>"That sick flame sword" button
>"no jets here"
>>
>>93074885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZ4hCJyb4I
>>
> adds two more hours of adult swim.
>>
I think I liked the main trio more than any other "main cast" from a cartoon. Coop was perfect, Jamie was a god-tier bro, and Kiva made for a great level-headed character while still being a bad-ass. Gotta rewatch through it again soon.

I forget, did they ever try to shoehorn any romance aspects in?
>>
>>93076487
Not as far I remember even when Jamie wasn interested in get girls but It have been a while since I watch the series
>>
>>93076487
>I forget, did they ever try to shoehorn any romance aspects in?
Sort of, but not really. In one episode a girl Jamie hits it off with is heavily implied to be Kiva's ancestor. Of course, she was a single-episode character so it doesn't count for shit.
>>
File: save the world button.png (202KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
save the world button.png
202KB, 512x384px
>>93076487
there was an alternate future version of them at the end where Jamie got with Kiva and then she ditched him to be a killer cyborg dictator.

There was also an episode where they met Kiva's ancestor and it seemed like she was going to hook up with Jamie and then she was like NO OFFENSE BUT YOUR FRIENDS ARE INSANE and left.

And Jamie was all like 'I was almost your great-great-ancestor'.

Any time there was anything resembling romance it was played for laughs and then status quo returned at the end of the episode.

Except for the episode where they kill Gorrath and at the end there's a montage of Coop reminiscing about how much he loved having a nemesis in pink soft-focus vision
>>
>>93076487
Yes. In one of the last two episodes, they reveal that Alternate Jamie and Alternate Kiva fell in love.
>>
>>93076713
>that episode where the space pirate hits on Kiva
>credits scene has Jamie looking at a portrait of Kiva in space pirate's gallery
>Coop is looking at a portrait of a sandwich

Damn good show.
>>
>>93076000
Maybe that is good, everyone else will be nervous and shape up their act, and the classic era content will make its way somewhere
>>
>>93076745
more like it will capsize the network and Turner will cut it loose.
>>
>>93076737
>space pirate episode
Wasn't the leader literally just Captain Harlock?
>>
>>93076801
he was an extremely unsubtle ripoff of Harlock
down to being called Captain Warlock
>>
>>93076801
Hilariously
>>
Fucking jason demarco would make a better CN president than christina miller
>>
>"so this thing eats tv shows?"
>"for lack of a better explanation, yes"
>"That. Is the most evil thing I've ever heard."
>>
>>93076000
>content creators will be lucky to get jobs for Disney and most will end up working in retail stores.

That's IF the retail market doesn't dissolve under the pressure of Amazon.
>>
>>93076881
At this point, they should just send the reigns of Cartoon Network to Williams Street, they clearly deserve their own network.
>>
>>93077055
>the idea of cartoon network being run by williams street
What a good idea anon
>>
>>93075189
hey guys, CARthony fanTOONo here
>>
>>93076583
Every single episode. Coop and Megas were pretty much guaranteed to be a thing by the first episode.
>>
>both the power rangers episodes
>that magical girl episode
>>
>>93076000
You said the exact same thing about Johnny Test.

Or have you forgotten that CN used to run that show EXACTLY as much as they now run TTG?
>>
File: why.jpg (350KB, 1000x987px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
350KB, 1000x987px
>>93079003
They run TTG even more than they ever did Johnny Test. Literally every commercial break on CN, Teen Titans Go is there. Every time you play a CN show through On Demand, another TTG commercial. It never ends. They were much less in-your-face about Johnny Test.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AdoredByTheNetwork/TeenTitansGo
>>
>>93079110
They need to fire the guy thats in charge of scheduling
>>
>>93079003
No, they aired Johnny Test Sparingly compared to SpongeBob at the time, just ask Jeff from Thoughtnami

>Gephyrophillia #236

>If Cartoon Network was really run like Nickelodeon, people would be crying for the heads of Stewie Snyder and "Mad Man" Sorcher on a pike.
>Well, more than they do now, mind you.
>Think about it for a mere moment. Nickelodeon has Spongebob Squarepants, a series about a manic, goofy, childlike character engaging in wild adventures under the sea in a city called Bikini Bottom. Cartoon Network has Johnny Test, a series about a manic, goofy child engaging in wild adventuces in a city called Pork Belly. Nick airs the show in every open slot on the channel. Some weeks, they air the series between 65 and 70 times. If Cartoon Network aired Johnny Test 65 to 70 times a week, people would flood the inner sanctum of Planet Techwood in droves, looking for whoever was the person who did that.
>Now, some people may claim, "Jeff, that's not really a fair comparison." Perhaps. Johnny Test is obnoxious. Spongebob Squarepants is obnoxious but marketable, and, sadly, that additional phrase is the only thing that separates the two. The public can't stand obnoxious things. However, if somebody made a keychain or a bookbag or a useless piece of plastic with that obnoxious thing on it, the public tends to like it a little more.
>That may explain the success of Crazy Frog many years ago.
>>
>>93079139
>Maybe I'm misreading people, but I always thought they liked variety. Variety gives people many choices, many options, many unique outlets and productions to enjoy. The thing I don't get about Nickelodeon is that they barely have any variety. You have Spongebob, a sitcom that is derivative and analgous with different pretty boy or girl in the lead, or a Butch Hartman cartoon (for the record, I do enjoy his newest show T.U.F.F. Puppy more than I did Fairly Oddparents and Danny Phantom; there's a kind of Get Smart-like vibe that works quite well in animation). If you're a producer that has a show that's not quite one from one of those three parts and not a preschool-oriented series, you have a higher chance of not lasting long on Nickelodeon. Some have bucked the trend. So far, The Penguins of Madagascar has bucked the trend. Fanboy and Chum-Chum is as well, barely. Other shows barely hang on like The Troop, which is just now getting a second season and retooled for some reason.
>Others like Power Rangers Samurai are just there, almost like filler slots, eas. Power Rangers has, more or less, been treated with a little indifference by the network, largely because it's not a property outright owned by Nickelodeon. If you think I'm misjudging them, well, let me ask you this: how many shows NOT owned by nor produced by Nickelodeon and not aimed towards preschoolers actually air on Nickelodeon? Not Nick at Nite, not Nicktoons, not TeenNick, and not Nick Jr., I'm talking hon-de-lo-hup-hon-de-rikki-tikki-number-one Nickelodeon.
>>
>>93079133
They dialed it back slightly ever since the Ben 10 reboot came into the picture, but it's still an issue.
>>
>>93079170
>Instead, you largely get heavy rotations of a pair of shows. Do they get big ratings? You betcha. That's what happens when you have an audience that soaks up the same repetitive formula in programming making the viewers numb from the head down. If anything that's not part of the original programming enters their minds (you know, diverse choices), they reject it, so Nick pretty much make all of their shows very similar in tone. Marketers call the Nick formula genius. If Cartoon Network did the exact same things as Nickelodeon, they'd be called "a mediocre network relying on the same repetitive programming and largely running on fumes."
>Nick's Bugs Bunny and Cartoon Network is Daffy Duck. One just stands there and gets a lot of love for no reason, the other does a lot, wants to be love, and is largely dejected because they actually try unlike the other guy. On the surface, it seems like jealousy. In a way, it's emblematic of society as a whole. One guy does next to nothing, tricks others, and gets praise, love, and glory, the other works their butt off and gets little to no respect.
>That's probably why I'm more of a Daffy Duck fan than a Bugs Bunny one.
>>
File: Megas-XLR-gif-fat.gif (785KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Megas-XLR-gif-fat.gif
785KB, 300x225px
>YAAAAAAAH!

Coop is an MC we truly didn't deserve.
>>
>>93079237
>see? I don't need no road test. I'm a great driver!
>>
I wish jim samples would come back
>>
Did you guys know Jamie and the Toonami guy share the same voice actor?
>>
>>93079591
Yeah, Steve Blum. Dude also voiced Spike Spiegel and Guilmon.
>>
>>93078755
>Power Rangers
Nigga, they were Ninja Science Team Gatchaman crossed with Golion.
>>
>>93074885
You faggots are still hung up on this average at best show?
>>
>>93079902
shots fired
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSDHSt0ZxM

>this will never be real
>>
>>93079902
Bait
>>
>>93074885
Someone needs to edit the cartoon network logo onto all those MTV satellites and billboards that get smashed throughout the show.
>>
>>93075042
All the Megas villains were grade A. Even the hunter chick.
>>
>>93076487
Not shoe horn, but they hint a few times about Kiva and Jaimie being a thing. Then in an alternate reality they used to date.

They never hit you on the head with it, which is why it never bothered me.
>>
>>93076801
100% Harlock. They also had Totally Not Galvatron, Totally Not Modock, and Totally Not Berg Kattse.

That was something I loved about Megas, though, was that we got to see things that are cool pitted against Megas.
>>
>>93081243
Plus that midget robot looked like a Mexican Unicron. Plus the robot planet voiced by transformers voice actors.
>>
>>93079902
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q70UnH7OAHY

Only took 27 seconds to prove you wrong.
>>
>>93076713

>Except for the episode where they kill Gorrath and at the end there's a montage of Coop reminiscing about how much he loved having a nemesis in pink soft-focus vision

I loved that Gorrath ended up understanding Coop enough to knoe how to torture him with food guro.

I just wish he had kept going with the Silver Megas totally-not-Mecha-Godzilla.
>>
File: SaveTheWorldButton.jpg (89KB, 1130x785px) Image search: [Google]
SaveTheWorldButton.jpg
89KB, 1130x785px
>>93076070
>>
File: Coop shitposts.gif (446KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
Coop shitposts.gif
446KB, 278x200px
>>
>>93081243
You're also forgetting Not Elvis/Ash from Evil dead, the combination we never knew we needed
>>
File: average dogfight in BF3.gif (333KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
average dogfight in BF3.gif
333KB, 278x200px
>>93083075
better filename
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.