[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching this show, about 4 episodes in, and she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Mabel_Pines.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mabel_Pines.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Just started watching this show, about 4 episodes in, and she doesn't seem so bad. I know some people have a real hate boner for her but she's seems alright just randumb (but every show has one of those now). Maybe it gets worse as it goes on?
>>
>>93072720
The problem is that she stays that way to the point of selfishness and receives no comeuppance for it.
>>
>>93072720
She stays like that the entire. Fucking. Show. She never learns a lesson that she doesn't forget the next episode, she never gets better, and the show will treat her as if she's in the right for it. It goes from being rather annoying to abhorrent in season 2B.
>>
>>93072720
Just keep watching, you'll get there eventually.
>>
>>93072720
She's not bad at first, but they absolutely fuck her character in season 2 where she does some of the most despicable shit. In general the show crashes in the second half of season 2 though; it'd probably be a smart idea to just stop watching after Stan's big mystery is solved, as that's the mark-off point for where it gets shitty (unrelated to the solving of the mystery, it's just coincidentally right when Hirsch clearly got burnt out and stopped giving a fuck).
>>
It doesn't get worse, but it doesn't get better, and this kind of lack of reaction to stimuli makes her look worse (And by extension makes the writers look worse for venerating her)
>>
>>93072980
After Ford came back is the point in the show where Hirsch decided he hated his job and wanted to end his show at two seasons rather than three.

This meant no more time for character development. Everyone who was partway through a character arc like Mabel and Pacifica got rolled back to their default and left there.
>>
>>93072720
She doesn't seem to learn her lesson. Also like Bill says, Dipper seems to be the one always sacrificing for her when she never returns the favor

Also the shit she pulled in Weirdmageddon Part 2 was kind of dickish but you could arguably chalk that up to some degree of mind control maybe (and even then probably not)
>>
I can never get past the first couple minutes of this show, firstly because of her being randumb, and secondly because Kristen Schaal speaks like she never learned to control her larynx. I seriously can't stand her voice.
>>
File: 1488348257305.png (68KB, 321x776px) Image search: [Google]
1488348257305.png
68KB, 321x776px
>>93076467
>Not loving Kristen Schaal
>>
>>93076546
I just don't, how about that
>>
File: 1495183466986.png (693KB, 1322x1633px) Image search: [Google]
1495183466986.png
693KB, 1322x1633px
First season was alright, some episodes Dipper was an asshole, some Mabel was an asshole. After the big reveal season 2 was a shit show. Mabel constantly gets wroae, and if you make it to the end you'll fucking hate her.
>>
>>93076546
I hate basically every characters she voices, for reasons other than just the voice
>>
File: seensomeshit.gif (503KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
seensomeshit.gif
503KB, 500x645px
>>93072720
mabel is best girl, and like all best girls she triggers plebs something fierce
>>
>>93076772

Out of the main three characters she voices Mabel is the only actively annoying one. She's nowhere near as bad as like, Peggy Hill but the other anons are right in that she never really grows during the course of the show.

Louise on the other hand, is the only real reason to watch Bob's Burgers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.