[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miles Morales Name Change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_9320.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9320.png
1MB, 1440x810px
Why doesn't Miles change his name?
I mean, he's always sick of people calling him Black Spider-Man (even though his costume is black). And everyone already though he's not Peter since his skin was exposed as a different race from the original. But he keeps wanting to be called Spider-Man like he's the "Real" one true version. Even though Peter is still alive and swinging around?
So why doesn't Miles just change his name to something else? Like Kid Arachnid? Or The Shadow Spider? Or Tarantula-Man or Tarantula-Titan? Or Missulena? Or The Recluse?
>>
He got the name fair and square from Ultimate Peter.
>>
>>93071975
Ultimate Peter doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>93072011
So? Miles still remembers the Ultimate universe, right?
>>
>>93071939
it's because of this whole "new generation of heroes taking the mantles of older better heroes because reasons" crap Marvel is trying to do right now. I mean the Hero Team he is a part of is entirely made up of new hip younger versions of older characters.
>>
>>93071975
>that horrible excuse of a contrived reappearance
>Ultimate Peter
I'll give it to Bendis, thought: at least he brought Pete back just so he could, literally, walk out of his shitty writing.
>>
>>93072084
Yeah, that's a new thing that's never been done in comics before.
>>
>>93072063
Apparently. The Gwenpool writer said otherwise. But then Bendis confirmed on his tumblr that he remembers and there's been """hints""" in the comic (Miles acting uneasy whenever the concept of multiple earths is brought up and etc).

Bendis just doesn't like to outright state that Miles originally came from the Ultimateverse and remembers it. So it confuses some people.
>>
File: Team 6.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
Team 6.png
515KB, 676x557px
>>93071939

Why call him ultimate spider-man?

He is stronger than spider-man and He is from the ultimate universe.
>>
>>93072156
But was it pushed this hard? Like isn't it suppose to be some kind of new event or character push focused on the "new" younger heroes replacing the older ones?
>>
>>93071939
Miles should be Captain America. I mean, he can't be worse than Sam Wilson.
>>
>>93072230
Of course it has been. Remember Ben Reilly? Teen Tony? Kyle Rayner? When Black Panther replaced Daredevil and some girl replaced Black Panther? Fraction's FF? The various new X-Men generations? Even Beta Ray Bill and that one guy who replaced Captain America when he became "The Captain". It's an age-old gimmick to get people reading to find out wtf is going on.

People love origin stories and early years of superheroes, they used to be really popular with new readers until the MCU made even casuals REEEE at anything changing whatsoever. When a new character took on a mantle, collectors would scramble to buy as many copies as they could in case the character got really famous and they could resell the issues as "first appearance of [x]!"
>>
>>93072175
Man I want to call bullshit on this butt I haven't read it his book in awhile now so MAYBE he isn't lying. But outside of the tearful hug from the first issue there just isn't shit that """"hints""""" at him remembering or acting like this hasn't always been his life.
>>
>>93072175
>Miles acting uneasy whenever the concept of multiple earths is brought up

How often does something like that naturally come up in what I assume is mostly a street level book?
>>
>>93072480
>made casuals reeee
>not the 90's bubble bursting
>no because of the endlessd #0's and 1's
They actually were done as straight replacements, least the x men were supposed to be, with the new warriors meant to be the new ip going forward. Comics losing the ability to appeal to new readers, poor quality overall, and shitty editors made this shit fall off.

Now they've cut the "new" angle , and are just sticking new peopl under the mask, most with political ideologies attached.

It's a hamfisted campaign and they're pushing these heroes hard. Much harder than they pushed anything this new in the 90's and 00's.
>>
>>93072480
To be fair, Ben only lasted 2 years.
>>
File: Real_Cap.png (394KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
Real_Cap.png
394KB, 500x451px
>>93072445
>Miles should be Captain America

fuck you,dude.
>>
>>93071939
Because Bendis wants him to be the only Spiderman. But no other writer is going to let him do that shit.
>>
>>93072662
... You know. I'm starting to understand why racism exists.
>>
>>93071939
from what issue is this? I can recognize a Deadpool drawn by McGUiness anywhere.
>>
>>93071939
>Like Kid Arachnid?
Isn't that his cartoon name?
>>
>>93073663
Yep, and a good name too.
>>
>>93072646
And he's back!
>>
>>93072063
>>93072175
You guys want to know what /really/ happened? Bendis probably wanted to make Miles remember, but the board decided against it to avoid complications. That's why Gwenpool is allowed to say he didn't, while Bendis is only allowed to make hints that he did. So as far as I'm concerned, he does not remember.
>>
>>93072226
He's not called Ultimate Spider-Man, the book is just called Spider-Man because Bendis says that it's important that he's known as "The Spider-Man".
>>
>>93075390
But Bendis had a lot of pull at Marvel (except on ASM Peter). Hell, Alonso admitted he offers everything to him first.

I think Bendis just likes being cryptic.
>>
>>93071939
Keep the name, change the city, adapt the rogue's gallery
>>
>>93074629
Not muh Ben.
>>
>>93072084
Hardly. It's because Bendis decided he should be in 616, and Bendis always gets his way. He can't be called Spider-man because it makes it confusing both in story and out, but he can't be named something different because then it'd be a major retcon to his backstory (which I guess doesn't even exist but what the fuck)
>>
>>93077377
Was it the mouth?
>>
File: 1495895082962.png (52KB, 338x282px) Image search: [Google]
1495895082962.png
52KB, 338x282px
>>93072662
AhahahahaAHAHAHAA

This is so fucking stupid it transfers over to being ridiculously entertaining
This is "The Room" of comic book panels
>>
>>93072662
That's a terrible introduction, but I'm a sucker for the G.I. Joe aesthetic.
>>
>>93072662
you ever wonder what people 50 years from now would say about shit like this?
>>
Miles Morales is... The Tarantula!
Oh no sorry- Black Tarantula.
>>
He should rename himself Daddy Longlegs.

Everyone will shorten it to "Daddy"
>>
>>93078236
But anon, Daddy Longlegs aren't spiders.
>>
>>93072175

the gwenpool writer's opinions don't matter considering he doesn't actually write Miles.
and considering that a lot of the Ultimate U is popping up throughout the current books.
>>
How about the Black Widow-man?
>>
>>93071939

why does Kid Arachnid appear in every one of these god damn threads? do you make this thread multiple times a week?

that name is stupid and you should feel bad.
>>
File: all_new_gr_02_01.jpg (760KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
all_new_gr_02_01.jpg
760KB, 994x1528px
Robbie is the only minority teen legacy hero (TM) I think was done well.
>>
Black Man(ta rantula)
>>
>>93078286
and Iron Man isn't iron

It's all good
>>
>>93078421
Kamala was pretty good until Marvel knee capped her.
>>
>>93071939
Because Bendis is a bad writer
>>
>>93072831
Spider-Man Deadpool #2
>>
>>93078410
It's from the cartoon
>>
>>93078857
She's fine in her own book but this trolling arc is shit. Bruno's adventures in Wakanda was interesting
>>
>>93078421
Robbie didn't have to deal with any minority SJW bullshit. The only Mexicans other than Robbie and his brother in his title were all gangbangers
>>
>>93078040
Nothing. Free thought will be extinguished by then.
>>
>>93072662
Wwait its not canon that there was a black captain america first right? wtf marvel
>>
>>93072226
The only advantage Miles have over Peter is his Venom Blast. Peter is smarter, more experienced, stronger and faster than Miles.
>>
>>93080587
Miles also has natural camouflage
>>
>>93080620
Isn't camouflage kinda useless againts spider-sense? or Miles powers negate Peter's because i remember Peter's spider sense was so powerful that regent wanted it to defeat Doom
>>
>>93080574
They prototyped the serum on Capt. Black America first, so his formula gave him super strength and all that, but eventually fucked him up bad. Basically a Marvel version of the Tuskegee experiments.

Also dunno if it's still canon but p. much every black marvel hero knew about the guy and had only the highest respect for him, but most white marvel heroes didn't even know he existed.
>>
>>93080675
it's all stupid bullshit. Miles can OHK Blackheart with his stupid venom bullshit.
>>
>>93079773
What about the guys who run the garage he works at?
>>93080675
spiders can't detect other spiders
>>
File: black spider.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
black spider.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93071939
>>
>>93080687
This sounds like it was retconned in.
>>
>>93078287
>the gwenpool writer's opinions don't matter considering he doesn't actually write Miles.
Like it or not, she is cannon, and the things in her book are cannon. If that was an issue, the editor would have done something.
>>
>>93080698
I still refuse to believe that was actually Blackheart, I mean, when has he EVER looked like a fucking Carpa demon from Dark Souls?
>>
>>93080708
Didn't Bendis say he did this because he received complaints from black people that Miles didn't represent them and that Bendis should stop saying he does?
>>
>>93080687
>Also dunno if it's still canon but p. much every black marvel hero knew about the guy and had only the highest respect for him, but most white marvel heroes didn't even know he existed.
Because it is an unnecessary retcon for the sake of retcon. It is like the predecessor to Secret Sins.
>>
>>93080721
You have a stupidly high amount of faith in marvel's editors
>>
>>93080726
I dunno about the first appearance, but Miles did it again. This time he downs him in one splash page. Blackheart goes "HA THAT WONT WORK A SECOND TIME!" and then miles hits him more than once, and he dies.

It was in the same issue as this one
>>93080708
They also draw parallels between his chubby elderly aunt and Mary Jane. Which when you think about it is really fucked up.
>>
>>93078421
>not only was Robbie not a REAL Ghost Rider, but he was straight up the kind of aberration that Ghost Rider would be executing, were it not for the fact he's an innocent kid underneath

I liked how his "legacy" claim was a lot more indirect and strained than the others
>>
>>93080861
He was a really interesting character and I liked his supporting cast. Only thing I didn't like was that he was his own uncle kinda. That was weird.
>>
>>93080826
Yeah, I still refuse to believe that was actually blackheart, probably just some underling using his name like a damn fool.

Then again, knowing Bendis.....
>>
>>93072646
Only two years? God damn when that was short for a status quo change. Dickbats and Bucky Cap were two years, and those were big fucking deal transitions. Superior Spider-man was even less.
>>
>>93080708
>I don't want to be Black Spider-Man!
>I just want to be Spider-Man!
Well, Miles. There already is a Spider-Man. And everyone already knows he's white from his exposed threads (and that time he was naked save for a mask and web underwear. THANKS SLOTT). So you can't be THE Spider-Man when there is already a living Spider-Man running around.

Also, making your costume black doesn't help your case.
>>
>>93081186
I got a chuckle out of Spidey-Whitties
>>
>>93081186
There also a lot of other Spider people in this universe, people are probably aware of Kaine and after Ben bullshit in Las Vegas get to the news everyone know about the other guys, being a Spider-guy is not going to be that special
>>
>>93081186

To be fair to Miles, the spot was vacant when he wanted it.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.