[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between Sausage Party, Sing, and Captain Underpants, Nick Kroll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 800px-Nick_Kroll_2011_Shankbone.jpg (103KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Nick_Kroll_2011_Shankbone.jpg
103KB, 800x1230px
Between Sausage Party, Sing, and Captain Underpants, Nick Kroll has been getting a lot of work in animated movies lately. What do you think of him as a voice actor?
>>
He's good if you need someone really grating and annoying, but not much else.

Gilbert Gottfried-tier.
>>
>>93069443
I liked him as Ruxen in The League
>>
>>93070209
I still can't believe his wife died. I really thought until the very end of the episode that he was making it up.
>>
I thought he did a good job as Douche. He was the only thing I liked in that dumbass movie.
>>
>>93070209
He was the best thing about Cavemen.

Also, casting Jeff Goldblum as his dad was fucking genius.
>>
>>93069443
I wish his career would end, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's just not funny
>>
>>93069443
Glad that it's a role where I don't have to look at him.
>>
>>93070530
Douche was a pretty good villain. Top tier for animated movies last year, though the movie itself was lackluster.
>>
>>93069443
his voice is distinctive which is probably why he keeps getting roles.
>>93070163
>grating and annoying
Honestly, that actually seems to be more of an asset than anything else. the one thing that seems to be most valuable for a voice actor is for their voice to be unique and to stand out, and given that plenty of animated characters are created be be annoying ( for characters the audience isn't supposed to identitify with or like) it'll only help him out.
>>
>>93070695
He keeps getting roles because he's a fairly popular comedic actor, and big budget animated movies are more likely to use a name rather than someone who actually works in the VA industry. Jenny Slate keeps getting roles, but I wouldn't say her VA work is stellar either.
>>
>>93070765
>He keeps getting roles because he's a fairly popular comedic actor
sure, but there are plenty of popular comedians out there right now, but my point is that the fact that his voice is distinctive and stands out, probably helps him get more roles than other comedians or VA's
>>
He's a better VA than A. I only ever liked him as Stu.
>>
His Poopypants was fantastic
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.